HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers Prospects and Phantoms Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 03:06 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Is Testwuide hurt?
Yea, has an upper body injury. Been out for a few weeks.

Old
02-25-2012, 03:12 PM
ilovetheflyers8

never mind

edit- Thanks for the info Amateur Hour.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 02-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea, has an upper body injury. Been out for a few weeks.
Thank you. Just hope it is not a upper upper body injury.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:59 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Ranford is currently on a 13 game point streak, with 11 goals and 11 assists in that span. He had 2 goals and an assist last night. 11th in the WHL right now.

Cousins also had 3 points on Friday, a goal and 2 assists. Currently 7th in the OHL in points.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Ranford is currently on a 13 game point streak, with 11 goals and 11 assists in that span. He had 2 goals and an assist last night. 11th in the WHL right now.

Cousins also had 3 points on Friday, a goal and 2 assists. Currently 7th in the OHL in points.
Current stats for both Cousins and Ranford

Nick Cousins: 31goals & 45 assists for 76 pts in 57 games. That's new highs for him in both goals and assists.

Brandon Ranford: 36 goals & 45 assists for 81 pts in 59 games. He's 5 pts away from tying his high and hes already set a new high in goals.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Funny thing about Cousins is that, he has around 31 more points that the guy 2nd on his team in points.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Is he actually that good? I mean what would he translate into in the NHL (stats/line-wise)?

Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Is he actually that good? I mean what would he translate into in the NHL (stats/line-wise)?
Both Cousins and Ranford have the potential to be 2nd or 3rd liners, not seen much of Ranford this year as it is harder to get streams of WHL games (it is easier to get QMJHL believe it or not, they have them all on telus... which is great!) in europe.

IMO, Ranford is more talented but will have more trouble transferring his game to the NHL, as he is small, and last year his skating kinda sucked. 2nd liner at best, kind of guy if is not 2nd or 3rd line will probably be AHLer. Willing to mix it up along the boards, and can play gritty when needs be. Kinda reminds me of Matt Read in stature/defensively aware/brings good offence. 5'10 and ~180.

Cousins is not as talented potential wise (though not far off at all in my mind, I kinda prefer him to Ranford), but more of an NHL ready player a few years down the line, likely to be a third liner, at highest 2nd, could play on the 4th line too, all around play, tough, can score, play two ways well, does damn stupid, dirty things sometimes though, and can agitate the **** out of people... I really mean that. If he was bigger I would say he was a lock for the NHL, though he really is very likely to be an NHL player regardless, as he works his arse off,. 5'11 and ~180.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So basically with these two guys, we really shouldn't worry about future 2nd/3rd line players then? Has Ranford really picked up his game in terms of skating?

Old
02-26-2012, 09:22 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Ranford looks better skating but, in the end I think he has a long road if he wants to play in the NHL. I agree with what Appleyard said. If he can not cut it out on a 2nd/3rd line he will be an AHL player.

Cousins and actually Noebels are two players I think have NHL quality. Noebels kind of reminds me of Scott Hartnell in that, he is physical and plays a hard in your face game and can put up points. I can see Noebels, if he reaches his potential as a 3rd line 40 point winger. He plays like that on the Portland team playing with Sven and Rattie.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
So basically with these two guys, we really shouldn't worry about future 2nd/3rd line players then? Has Ranford really picked up his game in terms of skating?
With Ranford, Cousins, Noebels and Akeson, my bet is 2 of the four become NHL regular 2nd/3rd liners.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:11 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
With Ranford, Cousins, Noebels and Akeson, my bet is 2 of the four become NHL regular 2nd/3rd liners.
If no big trades are made that means they'll be playing with Schenn or Coots at center. That's pretty amazing if you think about it.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
If no big trades are made that means they'll be playing with Schenn or Coots at center. That's pretty amazing if you think about it.
Yeh... our forward pool is looking great. Guys under 26.

Giroux
Couturier
Schenn
JVR
Voracek
Simmonds
Read
Harry Z
Rinaldo
Sestito
Akeson
Ranford
Cousins
Noelbel
Holmstrom
Wellwood
Testwuide
McGinn

These guys already are, have the potential, or the capability, to contribute in the NHL. 18 guys. Now if only we could do something about the defence!

Old
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
CapGeek just tweeted that Thursday is the first date to sign ELCs that will start counting next season...is there a list of unsigned Flyer draft picks anywhere? Also, are NCAA guys eligible?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:32 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
CapGeek just tweeted that Thursday is the first date to sign ELCs that will start counting next season...is there a list of unsigned Flyer draft picks anywhere? Also, are NCAA guys eligible?
Someone who knows this better than me can answer, but I think the only guys we have to sign are the 2010 guys (not counting NCAA players). So Blindstrand and Ranford. That being said, their only 19 or turning 20, so they might have another season in the WHL. Ranford has played 4 full junior seasons, so he can play in the AHL next season. One would think he will be getting a contract.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Someone who knows this better than me can answer, but I think the only guys we have to sign are the 2010 guys (not counting NCAA players). So Blindstrand and Ranford. That being said, their only 19 or turning 20, so they might have another season in the WHL. Ranford has played 4 full junior seasons, so he can play in the AHL next season. One would think he will be getting a contract.
Yes, Blidstrand and Ranford are the only prospects we have to sign to keep. But I don't think Blidstrand will get an offer.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Yes, Blidstrand and Ranford are the only prospects we have to sign to keep. But I don't think Blidstrand will get an offer.
Good deal. Thanks. Also, are current NCAA players eligible for contracts starting next season (i.e. a guy like Da Costa or Read who went undrafted)?

Old
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Good deal. Thanks. Also, are current NCAA players eligible for contracts starting next season (i.e. a guy like Da Costa or Read who went undrafted)?
Steve Moses. I am sure he will get a look rather quickly with a AHL ATO as soon as UNH season is over.
i know hes a bit small for probably some around here but hes a solid kid who knows how to score. PPG player on a UNH team that isnt very good.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
There is a whole thread about that on the prospects board, the most coveted are JT Brown (F, Minnesota-Duluth) and Dan DeKeyser (D, Western Michigan).

Old
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Here is a list of College UFA's, Flyers are involved in a few, including a goalie:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._nhl_interest/

All regular seasons end this weekend, so some names should start to be on dotted lines.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-29-2012, 06:49 PM
SolidSnakeUS

You have to admit, Flyers are damn good at finding undrafted players.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

Isn't there two highly touted NCAA defenseman that are expected to garner a ton of interest? I think the one was Schwartz or something, but I don't remember the other one. The other one is Czech or something and tall as hell, like 6'7 if I remember correctly?

Old
02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Andrej Sustr (6'8" 218lbs, shoots right) and Dan DeKeyser are the two big d-men that teams are looking at I think. Krug is on the list as well. I hope we get either (or both) of DeKeyser/Sustr or Brown. If Brown is here, man would we be a fast team.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Andrej Sustr (6'8" 218lbs, shoots right) and Dan DeKeyser are the two big d-men that teams are looking at I think. Krug is on the list as well. I hope we get either (or both) of DeKeyser/Sustr or Brown. If Brown is here, man would we be a fast team.
That would be the guy I was talking about, couldn't remember his name for the life of me. Where am I getting the Schwartz name from? I might be thinking of another player for some reason? I think the Blues have a prospect named Schwartz but he is a forward. I probably am mistaken.

Also heard that Sustr guy can skate pretty well for being so big can't he? If he can skate well I would live to sign him and let him come into his own with a couple seasons with the phantoms

Old
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Psuhockey

I would love for the flyers to sign JT Brown but I think their forward depth might be a deterrent. Most of the top guys sign where they can play right away, like DaCosta, Wellman, Butler, and Bozak did for lousy teams. Conversely, the utter lack of dmen prospects should help although I have read that DeKeyser is a virtual lock to sign with Detroit having grown up with members,or their children, of that organization.

Closed Thread