HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers Prospects and Phantoms Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Whats your opinion on trouba
Meh, not really as high on him as most seem to be.
I think he lacks hockey sense and he looks really rigid sometimes and seems incapable of handling the puck.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Meh, not really as high on him as most seem to be.
I think he lacks hockey sense and he looks really rigid sometimes and seems incapable of handling the puck.
The quotes from the scout in the Hockey News make me wonder why he is ranked so highly.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:22 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The quotes from the scout in the Hockey News make me wonder why he is ranked so highly.
I don't know how Suter looked when he was drafted, but he still has a little bit of the same problem in his game (I'll probably get torched for saying this) and was taken around the same spot where Trouba is currently in most rankings.
He's a safer pick and he'll be really valuable after he learns the ins and outs of a team's system, which is probably what most teams that finish around 10 want.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:30 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Kovar doing well. Shame he never came back over.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I don't know how Suter looked when he was drafted, but he still has a little bit of the same problem in his game (I'll probably get torched for saying this) and was taken around the same spot where Trouba is currently in most rankings.
He's a safer pick and he'll be really valuable after he learns the ins and outs of a team's system, which is probably what most teams that finish around 10 want.
I don't remember the reports on Suter, but he was considered the top defenseman that year. Trouba seems boom or bust which is risky to me for the top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
He is dominating a weak league.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

I assume he means against Sweden in the WHC.

Old
05-17-2012, 03:55 PM
jfb392

Quote:
I don't remember the reports on Suter, but he was considered the top defenseman that year. Trouba seems boom or bust which is risky to me for the top 10.
I see him as a pretty safe option, he just doesn't seem to have a ton of upside.
He's a big kid and is heading to college where he'll be able to add strength and have plenty of time to look at and tweak his game.
He's a defensive defenseman though, so I just don't think as highly of him as if he had more of a puck moving element to his game.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

I suppose this should go here but flyers signed Mathers today via twitter

Old
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:

World championships.

Old
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
I suppose this should go here but flyers signed Mathers today via twitter
Lets waste another contract on a career goon who will never contribute positively at the NHL level!

Old
05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Lets waste another contract on a career goon who will never contribute positively at the NHL level!
Wouldnt be the Flyers if they didnt sign a useless player to a contract.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Joey Mac

he could take shelley's spot in the press box

Old
05-17-2012, 05:32 PM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Well he is playing for the club i cheer for and it is not like he doesn't want to come over. First time Flyers were interested was two years ago but his club didn't want to let him go. Then after his first season as the starting goalie, when he completely dominated the czech Extraliga, nobody contacted him so he re-signed with HC Mountfield Ceske Budejovice for two years. And now, when he earned starting position for the czech national team, Flyers contacted him again, but problem is, that he still has year left in his contract. He obviously wants to go to some better league, but his team is rebuilding and wants him as a starter for another year or sell him to some rich russian club.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:35 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
Well he is playing for the club i cheer for and it is not like he doesn't want to come over. First time Flyers were interested was two years ago but his club didn't want to let him go. Then after his first season as the starting goalie, when he completely dominated the czech Extraliga, nobody contacted him so he re-signed with HC Mountfield Ceske Budejovice for two years. And now, when he earned starting position for the czech national team, Flyers contacted him again, but problem is, that he still has year left in his contract. He obviously wants to go to some better league, but his team is rebuilding and wants him as a starter for another year or sell him to some rich russian club.
Flyers recently contacted him? Did you read that or speculation? Not that I dont believe you, but we honestly havent heard anything about Kovar for a few years.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Flyers recently contacted him? Did you read that or speculation? Not that I dont believe you, but we honestly havent heard anything about Kovar for a few years.
He said it himself in his interview with czech newspaper Denik Sport.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Do you guys consider Koekkoek a boom-bust kind of player (considering his shoulder and lack of play this past season) or more of a safer pick? Also, if anyone has seen him play, is he going to be a concern defensively or no?

Old
05-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Does anyone else think the Flyers won't even draft a dman in the first round? We are all speculating which one we will take, and they will select a forward with the pick. And also everyone on this board will go crazy and immediately hate Homer, and give an unfair disliking to that pick.

Old
05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Do you guys consider Koekkoek a boom-bust kind of player (considering his shoulder and lack of play this past season) or more of a safer pick? Also, if anyone has seen him play, is he going to be a concern defensively or no?
I wouldn't say he's a safe pick, but I doubt he would ever be a bust, I think he fouls easily be a top 4 guy

Old
05-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Does anyone else think the Flyers won't even draft a dman in the first round? We are all speculating which one we will take, and they will select a forward with the pick. And also everyone on this board will go crazy and immediately hate Homer, and give an unfair disliking to that pick.
I know he's ranked higher up like 49 but I have a feeling they won't even use the pick and trade back and get a few second rounders maybe and get hyka

Old
05-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Hey c'mon now lol, he's Shelley with more speed lol

Old
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I didn't see him play this season, but I saw him last season and even saw him when he was in midget (Telus Cup).
He was awesome last year and apparently stepped it up to another level this season, but I didn't get a chance to see him.
He had some defensive issues, but nothing that serious and it was to be expected since he was an OHL rookie.

As long as his shoulder is fine, I think he's a pretty safe pick that still has lots of upside.
He seems like a good kid and went to Notre Dame, which does a great job of preparing players on and off the ice for the NHL.
Still not sure why scouting services are so down on him while still remaining high on ND teammate Rielly.. (nothing against him, but they were both injured basically all year and one fell and the other didn't).

Old
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I really wouldn't mind it if we picked up Maatta or Koekkoek then. Both would be very good picks.

Old
05-18-2012, 01:55 AM
BillDineen

Klotz, Mathers and soon Tom Wilson will be too good to pass up. Plus, you have to sign them quickly and tie up contracts.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:48 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
So looking at the ISS rankings there are a couple Right Handed D in the 6-10 range namely Dumba, Trouba, Ceci. What do you think it would take to move up and grab one of these guys? and who do you think would be willing to move the pick for something reasonable.

Old
05-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
So looking at the ISS rankings there are a couple Right Handed D in the 6-10 range namely Dumba, Trouba, Ceci. What do you think it would take to move up and grab one of these guys? and who do you think would be willing to move the pick for something reasonable.
We don't have much ammunition to move up. Moving a roster forward for 10-15 spots at the Draft is to much, we don't have any valuable forward prospects, the defensemen we could spare aren't worth anything in a deal (Gustafsson, Manning, Bourdon), we don't own a 2nd round pick .... that leaves Bobrovsky.

The teams in that range are:

6. Anaheim: Got Hiller for two more years, drafted Gibson in the 2nd last year.
7. Minnesota: Backstrom has a year left, Hackett already played NHL with decent stats
8. Carolina: Cam Ward, signed until 2016
9. Winnipeg: Pavelec is a RFA, no backup, could be a destination
10. Tampa Bay: Only Garon for next season, no prospects (Janus), another destination

It might be possible to get to 9 or 10 moving our 1st and Bobrovsky.

Closed Thread