Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise

Old
11-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Flamesfan 26

vCash: 500
Parise

I think if Parise makes it to free agency this off-season he will be a top target for the Flames. We have a lot of money coming off the books and we could easily offer him the type of money he's looking for. My question's are did he like playing for Sutter in NJ, did Sutter like him, and would he be willing to come to Cgy with or without Iggy?

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Doesn't matter, Sutter won't be here.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
MessierII

You think Parise would want to come to Calgary in their current state of affairs.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:30 PM
MarkGio

Looks like Iggy will be calling a certain Jersey left winger on his birthday...

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Doesn't matter, Sutter won't be here.
You're a perfect example of why I don't post much on here. Thanx for the ignorant response which completely missed the point of the thread

Last edited by Flamesfan 26: 11-23-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
You think Parise would want to come to Calgary in their current state of affairs.
Well, that depends a lot on what happens between now and next July 1st.

Obviously the chances are slim, and there are a lot of teams with plenty of cap space, but you never know.

Even teams that look like they are in world of hurt can attract big name UFA's when they are known as a team that is willing to spend to the cap etc.....

Boston traded away Thornton for a horrible return, finished 27th, changed their GM and still went out and signed two of the highest profile UFA's that summer in Marc Savard and Zdeno Chara.

Philly was in full blow up mode when they signed Briere.

It's not likely that we'll sign Parise if he's available, but not impossible.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
I'm asking what people think about it. Currently I don't think he would, but off-season is a time to rebuild teams and player movement is a big part of it. Who knows what anyone will think in the off-season. I think with changes we can be competitive, and maybe Parise would feel the same way. My point is if he feels comfortable with at least one person in the organization it makes it a more attractive place to play.

Old
11-23-2011, 11:03 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 26 View Post
You're a perfect example of why I don't post much on here. Thanx for the ignorant response which completely missed the point of the thread
It didn't miss the point of the thread at all. You mentioned concerns about the relationship between Sutter and Parise twice in your original post, which is not necessary because the Flames will not be renewing his services when they miss the playoffs this year. It's a logical response to your question. Enlighten me on what part of my response was ignorant? I suppose Parise to Calgary is a decent question to ask, but wondering about Sutter is a moot point. He will absolutely not be here next year given how the team is playing and that his contract expires this year.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:04 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
We just suffered a tough loss, so it probably wasn't the best time to start a thread and look for serious responses. It's sometimes tough thinking about the Flames these days, let alone expressing those thoughts.

Last edited by MarkGio: 11-23-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Nevermind that....
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
I think if Parise makes it to free agency this off-season he will be a top target for the Flames. We have a lot of money coming off the books and we could easily offer him the type of money he's looking for. My question's are did he like playing for Sutter in NJ, did Sutter like him, and would he be willing to come to Cgy with or without Iggy?
I agree that he'll be one of the main targets for the Flames in the off-season.

Whether he comes will be a question of the state of affairs in Calgary. Will this be a one year re-tooling? Or will there be a couple of years of it?

My concern - will Parise be another big money bust for the Flames?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:13 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Parise will not be a Flame next year. Flames are on the way down and Parise has the power to go to any team he wants. The Flames will not be attractive to anyone for the next few years. If Parise was going to go to an Alberta team it would be the Oilers. Great young talent on the upswing with a new arena on the horizon. That is a franchise that has an immediate future and where players in Parise's position will want to go. Saying that, I doubt he ends up anywhere but an eastern US team.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Rangediddy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Parise will not be a Flame next year. Flames are on the way down and Parise has the power to go to any team he wants. The Flames will not be attractive to anyone for the next few years. If Parise was going to go to an Alberta team it would be the Oilers. Great young talent on the upswing with a new arena on the horizon. That is a franchise that has an immediate future and where players in Parise's position will want to go. Saying that, I doubt he ends up anywhere but an eastern US team.
And who are they going to use on defense when they have to spend half their cap on 4 of their great young talent when its time to resign them?

Rangediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:01 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangediddy View Post
And who are they going to use on defense when they have to spend half their cap on 4 of their great young talent when its time to resign them?
Missed the part where I said he'd end up on an eastern team? Calgary will be the bottom of almost every player's list for a few years. They really need to find some good young talent and show some promise before any high profile players consider the Flames as a destination.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote