HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would your team offer to get Crosby?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2011, 03:50 PM
  #51
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Zach for Crosby straight up would be fair, considering they're the same player.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
  #52
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Kessel, Kulemin, Kadri, 1st -11, 1st -12.

for


Crosby and Asham.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:58 PM
  #53
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Anything other then Kessel.

Not that I'd think Kessel is better, rather that I would make a monstrous sacrifice just to see Kessel and Crosby together. Always thought it'd be cool since WJC days.

Kulemin, Gardiner, Schenn, Kadri and a few 1sts?


I don't think the Pens would have interest in a center, otherwise I'd be happy to throw in Colbourne or Grabovski. Or even Connoly!

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
  #54
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Kessel, Kulemin, Kadri, 1st -11, 1st -12.

for


Crosby and Asham.

Biggs has already been selected with that pick.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:02 PM
  #55
Halibut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
The Oilers offer Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier. Has just as much chance of being accepted by the Penguins as anything else offered here.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:02 PM
  #56
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,868
vCash: 500
Kadri
Schenn
Kulemin
Bacon
MacArthur
Colborne
1st 2012
1st 2013
2nd 2013

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  #57
thepuckmonster
professional winner
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Zach for Crosby straight up would be fair, considering they're the same player.
If you're referring to Parise, that's not true.

Crosby's medal is gold.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:04 PM
  #58
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
I thought the LA and Philadelphia proposals were very hard to overlook.

As a Pens fan, I think he'd like to go to Montreal. Regardless of return, I think Crosby feels a personal connection with the city and would likely stick.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:25 PM
  #59
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
both sedins and schneider

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:01 PM
  #60
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Bryan Little
Blake Wheeler
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov
1st in 2013

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:13 PM
  #61
noBSleafsFAN
Registered User
 
noBSleafsFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Toronto offers
Kessel
Schenn
Kadri
Gardiner
Colborne
Reimer
Kulemin

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:54 PM
  #62
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
I give nothing for him because of his concussion problems! No one knows if he is really healthy and how long he can play.

And don´t flame me.

I really like him a lot and hope he will play his whole life and stay healthy. But it´s a Cap and Money World. For me he is a high risk trade option.

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:57 PM
  #63
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank
 
Seth Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
Whatever he wants.

When he hits free agency.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
  #64
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 500
Should the Wild throw their hat into this hypothetical ring, Chuck Fletcher would probably say "We'll give you Koivu, our next two 1st round picks, and a list of our prospects. Send the list back to me after you've circled the 3 players you want."

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
  #65
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes
 
Sayonara77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
C H.Sedin
LW Raymond
C/RW Hodgson
D Tanev
G Schneider
+5 1st rd picks
+3rd


Last edited by Sayonara77: 11-26-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
  #66
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,777
vCash: 500
Why do some people make offers in this thread and not offer their best players. And then post linups drooling over Crosby centering this lineup of that?

The right answer I would think is pick any five players, prospects or picks you want. And it still would not be enough in any but a few cases. But seriously, who are you holding back if it is Crosby actually on the table?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:38 PM
  #67
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 8,617
vCash: 50
Hmmm.....let's see

Patrick Berglund
TJ Oshie
Matt D'Agostini
Ian Cole
2012 1st Round Pick
2012 3rd Round Pick
2013 2nd Round Pick

And just to be bold I'll even throw in a 2019 7th round pick

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:43 PM
  #68
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Why do some people make offers in this thread and not offer their best players. And then post linups drooling over Crosby centering this lineup of that?

The right answer I would think is pick any five players, prospects or picks you want. And it still would not be enough in any but a few cases. But seriously, who are you holding back if it is Crosby actually on the table?
In an environment where a salary cap exists, I'd probably be holding back Giroux from a Flyers offer.

I'd probably hold Duchene out of an Avalanche offer too (if the Avs were my team).

Might be holding Kopitar out of an LA offer too.

Other than those 3... I dunno.

I'd also certainly give pause before thinking about trading 3 or 4 of my team's top assets given Crosby's concussion problem. I've seen this story before w/ Lindros and (to a lesser extent talent wise) with Primeau and even w/ Gagne. The fact that it took Crosby so long to get back on the ice would worry me that just 1 or 2 more concussions and that could be it for his career. And given the way that he plays the game and the fact that he is always target #1 for the opposing team when he is out on the ice, I'd bank on there being a concussion #2. Or at least another solid hit to the head pretty soon.

I wouldn't be willing to risk my franchise's future on Crosby @ this point. That's just my opinion though.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:00 AM
  #69
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I haven't seen many Penguins fans in here. You should ask them what kind of ridiculous proposal they would accept.

I don't even think they can come up with something.

You can't make a fair value trade for Crosby. Wasn't Gretzky traded because of franchise money reasons, not because the return was fair? I'm not familiar.


Last edited by apice3*: 11-26-2011 at 12:06 AM.
apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:24 AM
  #70
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I haven't seen many Penguins fans in here. You should ask them what kind of ridiculous proposal they would accept.

I don't even think they can come up with something.

You can't make a fair value trade for Crosby. Wasn't Gretzky traded because of franchise money reasons, not because the return was fair? I'm not familiar.
Yeah, it is a ridiculous argument, because most of those trades were either because of money (Gretzky, Jagr, etc) or, sometimes, the GM was just an idiot and those trades only prove how stupid trading lesser quantity for a star really is. As for the Gretzky situation, he was sold:

there were rumors that Oilers’ owner Peter Pocklington was facing financial difficulties. Nelson Skalbania, the man who had sold Gretzky’s contract to Pocklington in 1978, knew of the difficulties and worked on brokering a deal that would send Gretzky to the Winnipeg Jets.

As the Jets continued to work out a deal, coin-dealer-turned-millionaire Bruce McNall, the new owner of the Los Angeles Kings, made the cash-strapped Pocklington an offer for Gretzky's services. In a deal that would send a needed $15 million USD to Pocklington, McNall bought the Oilers franchise player.

On August 9, 1988, in a tear-filled press conference at Edmonton’s Petroleum Club, Gretzky bid goodbye to Edmonton. The Oilers traded Gretzky, Marty McSorley and Mike Krushelnyski to the Kings in exchange for rising American star Jimmy Carson, Martin Gélinas, three first round draft picks and the cash that pretty well every hockey fan in Edmonton saw as blood money.


http://www.oilersheritage.com/histor...tzkytrade.html

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:30 AM
  #71
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,976
vCash: 422
Yep...the Gretzky trade was for money...which is not only impossible in the current NHL, but entirely unnecessary for the Penguins as we're bankrolled by a guy who makes Terry Pegula look like a line-cook in comparison.

There are no realistic trades that would make sense for the Penguins. We've got top-end skill (remove Crosby and there's still top 3 talent Malkin on the roster), we've got depth (see record sans Crosby and mostly sans Malkin over the calender year), we're as financially secure as a team can get (largely thanks to Mr. Crosby himself)...there just isn't any point to try to point out what is in the realm of 'fair' and what isn't. Any team willing to pony up enough to get Crosby will have ruined any foundation they could have had built up, while having to throw in a bunch of futures as well...at that point why bother? You can win a Stanley Cup without Sidney Crosby, and for the Penguins there is no reason to ask for anything less than the Moon and Antarctica in return since there's no realistic reason to trade the best player in hockey.

Gretzky may have 'proved' that anyone can be traded...but the kind of deal that brought Gretzky to southern California also isn't allowed anymore...so it's a useless parable...especially when talking about a team primarily owned by a lifer.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:39 AM
  #72
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'd like to speak on behalf of Washington... Ovechkin. LOL

As for my Oilers.... RNH + Hall + 2012 and 2013 1sts.

Penguins would probably turn the deal down... and I doubt the Oilers would make the offer anyway.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:41 AM
  #73
Kagee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Getzlaf + Ryan + 1st for Crosby + Kennedy
If Crosby ever got dealt this deal isn't too shabby.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:49 AM
  #74
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
(Penguins fan here)

Accept: Duchene, Landeskog, Siemens, Elliot, Desjardins and two 1st Rd. Picks.
Give: Crosby and Paul Martin.

It would never happen and I don't want it to happen! I do like Siemens though...

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:23 AM
  #75
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Nash + Johansen + 2011 CBJ 1st + 2012 CBJ 1st + whatever else is needed.... scary to think about that kid's "value"
you tryna pull a fast one?

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.