HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Washington Capitals vs New York Rangers, November 25th, 4pm, @ The Phone Booth

Old
11-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
few more. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baloon.jpg‎ (21.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg goalie.jpg‎ (23.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg fault.jpg‎ (25.9 KB, 10 views)

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
txpd

john carlson is making a lot more mistakes and critical mistakes than he did at any time last season. sophmore slump stuff. he has been beaten in the corners and infront of his own net on a regular basis and his poor decisions have lead to more 2 on 1's against than any other defenseman, today as an example.

that has been a critical thing. alzner seems to be solid as a rock, but the caps really need both of those guys in stud mode at all times.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
some more terrible attempts

Only problem is Orlov was on every PP tonight

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

last few. so terrible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winter classic.jpg‎ (23.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg solutions.jpg‎ (24.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg perreault.jpg‎ (22.3 KB, 7 views)

Old
11-25-2011, 09:09 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
last few. so terrible.
Lol@the 2nd one

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:14 PM
ForzaItalia

Kypreos and Morrison talking about Hunter rumblings for coach.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:15 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
This is our problem in a nutshell. BB's tactical schemes, whatever their merit may be, don't fit the personnel he has available. Why are we still running the dump and chase system when our top forwards are Europeans who aren't any good at it?
Yep. BB coaching = playing to the weakness of your team. Not the others!

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Woods has handled the D since Leach left. His pairings have left something to be desired but unlike last season he hasn't really had six D playing at a consistent high level. His pairings have also been handcuffed by having to manage the mobility in a given pairing.

Inconsistent D play makes this team worse than last season and arguably the worst Boudreau team yet. They miss Green but managed without him last season by being more disciplined. It's hard to expect them to put together any winning streaks with a combination of sloppy team D, sloppy possession and mediocre goaltending.
Well that's a shame. I like Woods, but the D is a mess.....I think it's the worst D we've had on a BB coached team. Goalies aren't doing themselves a lot of favors either, but the D is attrocious...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
(Sorry, terrible attempt at a meme with mspaint and terrible uploading)
Pretty much the same around the league every night....lines don't work, shake em up.

This is one complaint I don't get from knowledgeable posters....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
john carlson is making a lot more mistakes and critical mistakes than he did at any time last season. sophmore slump stuff. he has been beaten in the corners and infront of his own net on a regular basis and his poor decisions have lead to more 2 on 1's against than any other defenseman, today as an example.

that has been a critical thing. alzner seems to be solid as a rock, but the caps really need both of those guys in stud mode at all times.
He's still only 21....

what they could use is 55 being the player so many insisted he was....you know my take on that. He should have been replaced a couple years ago with a player that fit the teams style

sure, they could use a healthy, productive 52 as well....but I could use hair while we are wishing

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
FWIW, Mr. Incarcerated Bob says the axe could fall within 72 hours.

On the plus side, Orlov has fared pretty well thus far. He still needs to adjust fully to NHL forechecking speed but have to love his competitiveness.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
txpd

dale hunter makes perfect sense. we've talked about him for some time now as next in line.

Old
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Pretty much the same around the league every night....lines don't work, shake em up.

This is one complaint I don't get from knowledgeable posters....
yawn.

except you get this complaint from Knuble?

It's obviously tongue in cheek, but he shakes things up every 4th or 5th shift.

Old
11-25-2011, 10:27 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Dale Hunter as coach? Sounds like a Christmas wish list . Let's hope there is a Santa Claus. I sure Hope Orlov stays and continues to play like he has. Hamrlik and Schultz sure stink up the place.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:29 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
dale hunter makes perfect sense. we've talked about him for some time now as next in line.
Not only nostalgia purposes, a fan favorite, but he coached some of our guys in another life. Too bad about Rick Nash's contract because if we did hire Hunter that would be pretty impressive.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:36 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Not only nostalgia purposes, a fan favorite, but he coached some of our guys in another life. Too bad about Rick Nash's contract because if we did hire Hunter that would be pretty impressive.
rick nash's contract?

edit: never mind i misunderstood you

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
It makes less sense as some sort of early season savior. Maybe he does have the chops as an NHL head coach, maybe not but such a move makes a hell of a lot more sense during the off-season when he can slide in, familiarize himself, bring in his own assistants and hit the ground running. It's really asking a lot mid-season. They'd need to at least explore more fundamental personnel moves that align with whatever new approach is put in place, assuming it's not just simple grasping for answers.

If it happens it smells of Leonsis turning the screws. Not necessarily a bad thing given McPhee's glacial pace...provided the actual hockey people have the right solution in mind.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Dream Big

I miss Arnott. In the room not the ice.

Last edited by Dream Big: 11-26-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:15 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

IMO if we lose tomorrow and play like crap again, look disorganized, the players look heartless, and BB makes more questionable decisions he will get fired tomorrow night/Subday morning (Funny how this all happens every game and he still has his job)
It would be the perfect time to fire him. The next game isn't until Tuesday, so the coach could have 2 days of real practices, and a morning skate to get used to it, both upcoming games are home games, and we play Pittsburgh Thursday (which could seem unimportant, but we would get blown out by them at this point and that would be flat out embarassing)

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:16 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
he'd be a greaet choice...

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
last few. so terrible.
ENCORE Encore.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:39 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Love Hunter, but he has no NHL coaching experience. Don't think I'd pick him when there are Cup winning coaches available.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Halpysback

I don't think prior HC experience is mandatory but I'd at least want someone who's been an assistant at the NHL level at this point in the season.

Kirk Muller plz.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Mothra

I just cant get passed the fact that I thought Trottier would have been a great coach.......at least good

so, for Hunter.....I dont know. Love the idea of him eventually being in some sort of role like that in Washington. Just cautious about thinking all would be well if he were suddenly behind the bench

as always...I want BB fired, 8 traded, 28/52/55 waived, hate puppys, and keep any balls kicked into my yard

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:25 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
It makes less sense as some sort of early season savior. Maybe he does have the chops as an NHL head coach, maybe not but such a move makes a hell of a lot more sense during the off-season when he can slide in, familiarize himself, bring in his own assistants and hit the ground running. It's really asking a lot mid-season. They'd need to at least explore more fundamental personnel moves that align with whatever new approach is put in place, assuming it's not just simple grasping for answers.

If it happens it smells of Leonsis turning the screws. Not necessarily a bad thing given McPhee's glacial pace...provided the actual hockey people have the right solution in mind.
in a perfect world? sure. if the caps continue to slide and need an in season change, what is the alternative? let dean evason coach the team til they find someone? go the interm coach route and when the team picks it up under the interm coach, hire him for the obvious reasons or fire him anyway?

if the idea is to chunk the season, they might as well keep boudreau regardless and then can him off season. but that could be intolerable, if things dont improve.

i certainly see problems with hiring hunter who has no professional coaching experience. but i also dont see the instant cup that many see coming because changing boudreau is the key to a cup.

do many here still want to see a hard driving/accountability driven coach after the caps best players(player) seems to responded badly to the whip being cracked? half the roster has been benched or healthy scratched by now. is another coach like bob hartley who is harsher yet going to get a better performance?
or
is the next coach another players coach?

by the way...why kirk muller? muller is basically a devils style trap coach. is that the best use of the caps roster? food for thought.