Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Anyone think Wheeler is going to get booed bigtime in B-town?
since the moment he left, my friends who are die hard boston fans have been cheering the fact that they no longer have to watch him on their team.

here's hoping he proves them wrong tonight.

i think the bruins are beatable....bring the effort from the last 5 games and not the 5 before that and we can beat anyone.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Obligatory;

Old
11-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

As Rick Flair said..."To be the Man, you have to beat the Man."

This will be a test to see where the Jets are at.

Bring it, Bruins, Bring it!

Old
11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

The Hains isn't ready to go yet.

I suppose Cheryl Crow was right when she said the first cut is the deepest.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
The Hains isn't ready to go yet.

I suppose Cheryl Crow was right when she said the first cut is the deepest.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 344
I'm expecting Wheeler's second goal of the season, bet he comes up big.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
MadMen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
As Rick Flair said..."To be the Man, you have to beat the Man."

This will be a test to see where the Jets are at.

Bring it, Bruins, Bring it!

Hahaha....a friend and I were laughing yesterday when we thought of Ric Flair getting that North Carolina Canes crowd going by starting up that horn at the beginning of games....in any event, very true sentiments here, BIGGEST W so far if we beat the Boston Bruins in Boston, let me tell ya! WOOOOOOO!

Old
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
bluefan

Not expecting a win or a point...but I want to be pleasantly surprised.

All vcash on the Jets!

Old
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
According to Paradise in the Bruins thread the Bruins should kill the Jets cause of our poor coaching.

Who should I believe??? So conflicted!
I believe that Julien's system is built to expose turnovers and capitalize on them offensively. This is a weakness I see from the Jets, they commit a lot of turnovers. I think Noel is gonna have to come with his "A" game, or this could turn into a beat down.

BTW why bring what I say on another board? I realize it could be considered trolling if I made those comments on the Jets board, so I didn't post them in here out of respect. Don't let your Habs love bring hate to this board

Old
11-26-2011, 04:47 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Fyi
I have watched 1 yes 1 habs game this year
I gave them up may 31

Old
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I believe that Julien's system is built to expose turnovers and capitalize on them offensively. This is a weakness I see from the Jets, they commit a lot of turnovers. I think Noel is gonna have to come with his "A" game, or this could turn into a beat down.

BTW why bring what I say on another board? I realize it could be considered trolling if I made those comments on the Jets board, so I didn't post them in here out of respect. Don't let your Habs love bring hate to this board
It was hardly a derogatory statement lol.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
And anyone could coach the bruins to a win with one of the best d men and goalies in the league

Old
11-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Fyi
I have watched 1 yes 1 habs game this year
I gave them up may 31
Well I haven't given up my love for the Bruins. I hold loyalty rather highly.. The Jets are my hometown team, but they're still my 2nd favorite overall.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
It was hardly a derogatory statement lol.
Well it was taken as that. My initial comment wasn't even quoted properly, lol.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
And anyone could coach the bruins to a win with one of the best d men and goalies in the league
I brought up Noel's lack of coaching experience. Which is in fact true. Anyways, I hope it turns out to be a good game either way.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
You're right. Anyone could coach that team to a regular season win. Not everyone could coach them to a Stanley cup though. Give Julien some credit. I hate the Bruins as much as anyone but they are well coached.

Quote:
At the beginning of the season it seemed that they would turn the puck over at their own blue-line without any forechecking pressure whatsoever (exaggeration). I credit the coaching staff for their improvement in that aspect. However I don't think they've played a team that forechecks as hard as the Bruins do. It'll be a good test.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Huffer

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The Jets over their past five games have garnered nine points out of a possible ten; that is great and is also fairly obvious. What it stems from though is really good coaching.

Huddy: He has the D playing as a unit, they have each others back. They were a very disparate group to begin the year, playing as individuals. Early in the season when the Jets took possession in their own end the entire team used to rush up the ice like bats out of hell and single turnovers proved costly as a result because there was no backup. Now the Jets D always back each other up, and this is no more blatantly obvious than when play is behind the goal line in their own end. Whenever a d-man has the puck in the corner, his partner moves toward the opposite side to ensure an outlet if there is trouble; they just reverse the flow of the play and then move it out. So solid. The breakouts are also quick and crisp.

Vincent: In charge of the forwards, he has them head-manning the puck efficiently on breakouts near every time. His special teams work is showing benefits as well. On offense they pass the puck and work to also create passing opportunities for each other. They are creative with the puck, but only to an extent and as a result are clearly intentionally throwing many more pucks at the net and are grinding it out in front for rebounds. Think of how many goal mouth scrambles they caused in front of Ward last night; they could have scored a few more against Carolina if given a bounce or two down low. They've now actually out shot the opposition the past few games.

Noel: Has the team working as a cohesive unit. At times they looked like the Red Wings of old last night, they were literally advancing the puck offensively in waves via an efficient puck possession game, in wave after wave. They dominated the game momentum last night for at least forty minutes. They are also playing VERY WELL in the neutral zone without the puck, are cutting off passing lanes, are trapping effectively.

If the Jets play this sort of a team game again tonight they can beat anyone, including Boston.
Excellent assessment Gump. I agree totally. When you also add in the improvement in both Bogo and Buff, Huddy (and the entire coaching staff) deserve a huge thumbs up.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

At the beginning of the season it seemed that they would turn the puck over at their own blue-line without any forechecking pressure whatsoever (exaggeration). I credit the coaching staff for their improvement in that aspect. However I don't think they've played a team that forechecks as hard as the Bruins do. It'll be a good test.
I really like what Huddy has done with the defense.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 781
Quote:
Do you have any idea how many people wanted Julien fired last year or let go after the playoffs? It wasn't until the conference finals that the thought of Boston winning the cup with him behind the bench was brought up.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Huffer

vCash: 590
Quote:

I'm not going to go and read your post, but I do kind of like knowing which posters here on the Jet's board only hold the Jets as their "B" team.

Like you said, loyalty is important. I like knowing who is 100% loyal to the Jets.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I'm not going to go and read your post, but I do kind of like knowing which posters here on the Jet's board only hold the Jets as their "B" team.

Like you said, loyalty is important. I like knowing who is 100% loyal to the Jets.
Why does it matter to you in the slightest? I've been a Rangers fan for many, many years and that's not going to change. I love the Jets and I'm glad they're back, but like you said, loyalty is important. Loyalty does not mean dumping your team when something else shiny comes along. So I have two teams to cheer for. If you don't like it, I don't care.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Only against Boston would they be considered my "B" team. Boston was my favorite team when the Jets 1.0 were here. On my behalf, I do follow the Jets as much as anyone on this board, so take it how you will.

It's not like I'd be disappointed if Boston lost tonight. It's pretty much a win either way.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Why does it matter to you in the slightest? I've been a Rangers fan for many, many years and that's not going to change. I love the Jets and I'm glad they're back, but like you said, loyalty is important. Loyalty does not mean dumping your team when something else shiny comes along. So I have two teams to cheer for. If you don't like it, I don't care.
Years of going to Jets games when 1/2 the arena was cheering for the Leafs or Habs made me automatically dislike anyone that doesn't cheer for their hometown team.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Years of going to Jets games when 1/2 the arena was cheering for the Leafs or Habs made me automatically dislike anyone that doesn't cheer for their hometown team.
Well, I cheer for my hometown team every single game, except when the Rangers play them. When the Rangers play them, I cheer for both teams to get to OT, upon which I want the team thats lower in the standings to take the extra point. If you dislike me for this, go ahead, it won't hurt my feelings.

I'm a STH and have missed a total of one Jets game on a night when I was sick. Just because I cheer for the Rangers as my primary team, doesn't mean I'm not a rabid fan of the Jets.

Closed Thread