HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game: @ buf 11/26

Old
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
CaptainKonoForever

vCash: 500
My guess is that the team would have to lose a lot more to see a coaching change. That is just my guess. Instead of seeing the big picture, GMGM will say something like, they won half their games this week.

CaptainKonoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:15 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Just was able to watch last few minutes of caps post game. Tactic was to try to slow game down and "sneak" in a goal in first period. Wow... Really Bruce? Vs AHL team?
I think they're inside their own heads at this point. They get outplayed regularly by teams with speed so they think slowing things down will benefit them. He needs to release the horses. Get back to Ovy holding the opposing blueline waiting for the stretch pass to open things up. Run and Gun got Bruce this job. Run and Gun failed in the playoffs with a team with less talent and experience. Better to try it once more and hope you get better goaltending and defensive play than you did in 08-09. At least you go down with what got you here...might be too late.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
we'll know by Wed......theres no way he gets fired after the Pitts game(GMGM wouldn`t give the Pens that satisfaction)...its either tomorrow,Monday or following a loss against the Blues.
Hmm.

So no way he gets fired before the Pens game (throwing new coach into the fire right off the bad, in the most prestigious game for Leonsis to boot)

No way he gets fired after the Pens game (satisfaction)

From that I infer that either we have him forever or he gets Wayne Flemming'd.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
ok...so now the overreaction has hit new levels. seems to me that boudreau has coached his last game. if not, i'll just shake my head and stop watching til things change, either coaching or the w's return.

that said all this talk of blowing up the team is just so ridiculous. if the team is so bad it needs to be blown up, then its not the coach. one step at a time.
yea, im kind of laughing at the same thing.....

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:23 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Just was able to watch last few minutes of caps post game. Tactic was to try to slow game down and "sneak" in a goal in first period. Wow... Really Bruce? Vs AHL team?
I saw it. Another telling interview. It's no wonder they appear to lack any sustained principles of discipline.

The Caps' young core was so catered to and pampered for 4 years that now most of them aren't responding to a new approach that comes close to the norm for professionalism in this league.

Cluster****.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:25 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

It's pretty obvious what the next move is here.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:28 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
It's pretty obvious what the next move is here.
Drink a beer, go to sleep and compulsively refresh Capitals Insider tomorrow?

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Way to completely miss the context of my post.

My comment had nothing to do with any tactical or execution issues (which are certainly there) and everything about the heart and guts of the team. Thanks for posting a bunch of stuff we see 5 others posting daily.
Hmmm....You said "it's not like they're trying super hard and executing a crap system"

how in the world is that not talking about tactics or execution? When I hear someone talk about systems, I think directed towards team tactics...and when some speaks of execution, I just assume they are talking about execution.....is this same strange usage of the word "execution" that I wasnt previously aware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Still carrying a grudge so you come trolling me? Funny...
wow, you take this stuff pretty seriously dont you

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:45 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Hmm.

So no way he gets fired before the Pens game (throwing new coach into the fire right off the bad, in the most prestigious game for Leonsis to boot)

Pens game motivation may actually help new coach while providing a built in excuse of "new system" should they struggle at first. Also, it's a god selling point. A new coach tomorrow gives 1 practice day to prepare plus whatever tomorrow they can use for classroom and limited ice.

They wait, and they have games every other day. Less prep time.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
My guess is that the team would have to lose a lot more to see a coaching change. That is just my guess. Instead of seeing the big picture, GMGM will say something like, they won half their games this week.
If we lose "a lot more", we would dig a big hole and be in legitimate danger of missing the playoffs.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
lol, this

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:23 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Hmm.

I think the plan should be to wait til after the Blues game...lose that one and have the Caps face the Pens with a new coach

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
I think the plan should be to wait til after the Blues game...lose that one and have the Caps face the Pens with a new coach
You seriously wouldn't give the new coach at least one game to see what he's working with firsthand before going up against the Pens?

If Boudreau gets replaced and they beat the Pens with a new coach it would be a huge morale boost that they could build off of. If they lose to the Pens they'll be more down on themselves than ever. That game becomes pivotal if Bruce is replaced.

He won't be though. Come on, we all know it.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:49 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
haha nice...yep..hit my twitter hard in the AM

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:51 AM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Pray for Octopi.

Humiliating loss to a near AHL team.

It's time for Coach Boo Boo to go.

No more excuses.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Halpysback*

I imagine if BB gets replaced and the coach is not some Keenan type ***hole the very first game he will tell them to just forget everything and play a game they'd enjoy the way they're used to. Obligatory sloppiness aside, how amazing would it be to get that 07-08 vibe from this team playing to their run and gun instincts without a care in the world for just that one game?

Old
11-27-2011, 07:50 AM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Yeah that jumped out to me too.

11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
pgreene

Quote:
I laughed.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Capathetic

I loved the sense of urgency they show when down by a couple. Still pinned in the d zone too much,too many soft clears.If they do manage to maintain possesion,the forecheck is too much for them to handle and they cant make or recieve a pass...always seems to be just out of reach for the forwards when banking off the glass.

Then watch what an ahl defense can do to the caps. All it ever took was a simple pass to break the caps forecheck. Seems like they can never hold the point on the attack,or they are playing with 2 guys in the offensive zone. The defense of the caps backs off way too much and for what? To delay the tape to tape pretty goal against your about to see.

Something has to change. The coach or a trade,either way this team needs to wake up and start playing like professionals. Its a shame when you see children play the game with more poise and energy than a team you have to spend top dollar to watch not care.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:35 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
we almost always struggle against those pesky hard working teams, yep even laden with AHL players. Even in our heyday cakewalk to first. So I worry that George sees nothing wrong, Bruce's fate not governed by wins and loses.

I know people have said otherwise, but I don't think Bruce is a good X's and O's guy. It almost doesn't matter anymore. The best thing that has happened this month is that Ovi scored a goal at home. That's how bad things have become. He is a mess, Bruce is a mess, the team is a mess. George is chiving, keeping calm.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Had to DVR this one, got done watching late... I wish i could un-watch it... What an embarrassing performance, again... How many blowouts by inferior teams do we need to witness before the ownership or management realizes that BB's ship has sailed? I've always been in BB corner, but you cant fire the whole team... Last night it wasn't Semin, or Ovechkin, or Backstrom, or goaltending or even a hot goalie... so what was it than?
Management needs to wake up.

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:16 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
this semin diving thing is pissing me off. Everyone knows he falls down all the time, and has for years. I have long assumed he is not strong on his skates. But have you ever seen him crying and complaining to refs trying to get penalties? The guy just falls a lot. George has to show the master ref a comp of his falling over his career. Why not try and address it, since he probably wont bother taking care of much else until next thanksgiving. I fully believe Semin is not diving to draw penalties to save our team. Maybe he is falling to avoid injury.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:19 AM
ShutoutJunkie

Quote:
Don't suck.
They sucked...

ShutoutJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:23 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
this semin diving thing is pissing me off. Everyone knows he falls down all the time, and has for years. I have long assumed he is not strong on his skates. But have you ever seen him crying and complaining to refs trying to get penalties? The guy just falls a lot. George has to show the master ref a comp of his falling over his career. Why not try and address it, since he probably wont bother taking care of much else until next thanksgiving. I fully believe Semin is not diving to draw penalties to save our team. Maybe he is falling to avoid injury.
i agree with all of this concerning semin. concerning mcphee/the front office complaining about it to nhl operations, you dont think they havent? its something that happens all the time. its just not in the press release. if they go public, they get fined. they complain in private, but they complain. count on it.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Another reason Semin needs to go. Caps get a swing of about 3 special teams situations per game just because he's Alexander Semin. Either that or the refs could quit making calls that are clearly ******** just because of what they think of a player.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote