HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall With Left Shoulder Injury [UPDATE: Cleared For Contact]

Old
11-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
you seem to be one of the only people that *doesn't* see how this means the injury is bad... everybody else seems to agree that no information + "trying to avoid surgery" = bad news
Only here can trying to avoid assumption and conjecture be portrayed as a bad thing.

Whatever, carry on with the discussion, and I'll keep my crazy attitude to myself.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Spawn

Quote:
you seem to be one of the only people that *doesn't* see how this means the injury is bad... everybody else seems to agree that no information + "trying to avoid surgery" = bad news
That is quite the paraphrase to put in quotations. He said they weren't thinking about surgery right now. Sounds like Hall at least thinks that surgery isn't a distinct possibility. Other than 1 second of a 2 minute interview where a reporter asks about surgery (and Hall answers no) everything else about his interview is positive.

Unless of course I'm missing a new interview other than the one from last night. It seems like some are reading into it what they want.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
oilphan

Quote:
Wow. I didn't see any report or interview where someone was quoted as saying that they were "trying to avoid surgery". That sounds terrible. Is there a link for this?

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Wow. I didn't see any report or interview where someone was quoted as saying that they were "trying to avoid surgery". That sounds terrible. Is there a link for this?
No, there isn't, because no one said "trying to avoid surgery" at all.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Hockey Nightmare

I remember when Reimer was injured and they wouldn't even admit he had a concussion. Even his mom didn't know wtf was going on, like he was being kept isolated in an army hospital or something. Teams pull the clandestine act all the time.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take the Shot View Post
I remember when Reimer was injured and they wouldn't even admit he had a concussion. Even his mom didn't know wtf was going on, like he was being kept isolated in an army hospital or something. Teams pull the clandestine act all the time.
Langkow was the samething. Only his Brother and a couple team doctors or something knew what was truly going on.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Dabomb

I can put up with 2-4 weeks.. i just pray theres no lingering effects and that he won't have a bum shoulder for life, like Hemsky.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Bad form by a moderator if this was never said.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Halibut

It's obvious, Hall is dead!!!

They're lieing to us!!!!!

We're all doomed!!!!

etc.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
It's obvious, Hall is dead!!!

They're lieing to us!!!!!

We're all doomed!!!!

etc.
Hall=McCartney and RNH= Lennon?

Well here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Hall.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Lol the NHL is guilty as charged when it comes to avoiding talk about injuries. They will call obvious head or shoulder injuries, upper body injuries. They will call knee, ankle, foot injuries, lower body injuries. The oilers aren't doing anything different here.

get off the ledge people

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Fishy Scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Hall=McCartney and RNH= Lennon?

Well here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Hall.
He was the walrus, but now he's the Nuge.

Fishy Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Did the media ask Renney why Hall returned to the ice after the Wilson hit? Accountability, please.
Sure did: http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=137954

Hockey Fan #751 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Kelevra

Wow the pessimism on this board is on full overdrive.

There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehad, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.

Surgery never heals you back to 100%...its always the rehab that gets you there.

TH is saying they are not thinking about surgery right now because there actually is no reason to talk about it. Rehad SHOULD do the job but they cant rule it out because its not a gaurantee.

They also dont want to say its a partial tear so that people/media dont panic, and I am guessing the average fan is not panicking, just the crazy people on HF boards. We know the media isnt panicking so mission accomplished for the oil. The Oil DO NOT want this to be a distraction for the other players. Good on them, they are handling this correctly.

This is good new folks, and the best part is that TH car pretty much practice without contact, so he shouldnt miss too much of a beat when he gets back!

I bet he comes back mid-dec. He needs about 5 days for the swelling to go down, then 2 weeks of proper rehad.

Kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
IV XIV XCI

Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Thanks to all the medical doctors in here.

Speaking of which, any word on when Potter returns?

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
IV XIV XCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Wow the pessimism on this board is on full overdrive.

There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehab, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.

Surgery never heals you back to 100%...its always the rehab that gets you there.

TH is saying they are not thinking about surgery right now because there actually is no reason to talk about it. Rehab SHOULD do the job but they cant rule it out because its not a gaurantee.

They also dont want to say its a partial tear so that people/media dont panic, and I am guessing the average fan is not panicking, just the crazy people on HF boards. We know the media isnt panicking so mission accomplished for the oil. The Oil DO NOT want this to be a distraction for the other players. Good on them, they are handling this correctly.

This is good new folks, and the best part is that TH car pretty much practice without contact, so he shouldnt miss too much of a beat when he gets back!

I bet he comes back mid-dec. He needs about 5 days for the swelling to go down, then 2 weeks of proper rehad.
My hope is that he's ready in 2 weeks and they keep him out for 3.5

These things should not be rushed.

Dammit paajarvi, get your groove back already.

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post
Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Pretty sure Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the last of the series.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Everyone's an expert.

When does school end at Hogwarts?

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
no they didn't that is correct, i'm paraphrasing

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Pretty sure Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the last of the series.
Yeah, but didn't she say she was writing a Encyclopedia or something?

molsonmuscle360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehad, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.
I'm guessing, since they haven't wheeled him into surgery, that's the diagnosis. I did basically the same thing, a hard impact right to the shoulder. Had minor tears in the top, front, side, and back of the shoulder, but nothing that went all the way through, so no surgery. Was tip top in a month, but I could have been playing hockey after about 2 weeks, although I wouldn't have wanted to get something heavy off a high shelf at the time.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Bad form by a moderator if this was never said.
i said that i was paraphrasing in another post, but might not have said it in the post that was quoted

i stand by that paraphrasing as well, its pretty darn obvious that they are trying to avoid surgery, but that it is still a very real possibility... if it wasn't a possibility, they would just come out and say so... not dance around the subject

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
i said that i was paraphrasing in another post, but might not have said it in the post that was quoted

i stand by that paraphrasing as well, its pretty darn obvious that they are trying to avoid surgery, but that it is still a very real possibility... if it wasn't a possibility, they would just come out and say so... not dance around the subject
Why not quote what was said, instead of portraying your personal and highly subjective take on what was actually said as fact?

Honestly, you're just making stuff up now. You have no idea, not one, of what the nature of the injury is, yet you claim that surgery is a "very real possibility" to be factual.

Conjecture and assumption do not equate facts, regardless if you think they do or not.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Everyone's an expert.

Well since we haven't heard anything I'm assuming his hockey career is done with. Pretty sure they will just send him over to Katz house and teach that ginger how to play defense for the remainder of the year.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
So, as I said...depends on your definition. I don't equate clean/dirty with legal/illegal. I say it was dirty because he knew he was going to hurt Hall but was legal. Checks were supposed to be used to seperate the players from the puck to allow opposing players to regain control. They shouldn't be used just to hit players for the sake of hitting/interferring with movement like football or just to hurt like UFC...Clutter_uck comes to mind.
These days the hits are as much a part of the game as the puck.
Even Renney thought it was clean. If Peckham lays that same hit, no one hear says a word about the "dirtyness" of the hit.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote