HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall With Left Shoulder Injury [UPDATE: Cleared For Contact]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2011, 10:40 AM
  #526
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
you seem to be one of the only people that *doesn't* see how this means the injury is bad... everybody else seems to agree that no information + "trying to avoid surgery" = bad news
Only here can trying to avoid assumption and conjecture be portrayed as a bad thing.

Whatever, carry on with the discussion, and I'll keep my crazy attitude to myself.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
  #527
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
you seem to be one of the only people that *doesn't* see how this means the injury is bad... everybody else seems to agree that no information + "trying to avoid surgery" = bad news
That is quite the paraphrase to put in quotations. He said they weren't thinking about surgery right now. Sounds like Hall at least thinks that surgery isn't a distinct possibility. Other than 1 second of a 2 minute interview where a reporter asks about surgery (and Hall answers no) everything else about his interview is positive.

Unless of course I'm missing a new interview other than the one from last night. It seems like some are reading into it what they want.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
  #528
oilphan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
you seem to be one of the only people that *doesn't* see how this means the injury is bad... everybody else seems to agree that no information + "trying to avoid surgery" = bad news
Wow. I didn't see any report or interview where someone was quoted as saying that they were "trying to avoid surgery". That sounds terrible. Is there a link for this?

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
  #529
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Wow. I didn't see any report or interview where someone was quoted as saying that they were "trying to avoid surgery". That sounds terrible. Is there a link for this?
No, there isn't, because no one said "trying to avoid surgery" at all.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
  #530
Hockey Nightmare
Registered User
 
Hockey Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
I remember when Reimer was injured and they wouldn't even admit he had a concussion. Even his mom didn't know wtf was going on, like he was being kept isolated in an army hospital or something. Teams pull the clandestine act all the time.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
  #531
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,444
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take the Shot View Post
I remember when Reimer was injured and they wouldn't even admit he had a concussion. Even his mom didn't know wtf was going on, like he was being kept isolated in an army hospital or something. Teams pull the clandestine act all the time.
Langkow was the samething. Only his Brother and a couple team doctors or something knew what was truly going on.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
  #532
Dabomb
Registered User
 
Dabomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,135
vCash: 500
I can put up with 2-4 weeks.. i just pray theres no lingering effects and that he won't have a bum shoulder for life, like Hemsky.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
  #533
oilphan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
No, there isn't, because no one said "trying to avoid surgery" at all.
Bad form by a moderator if this was never said.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
  #534
Halibut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
It's obvious, Hall is dead!!!

They're lieing to us!!!!!

We're all doomed!!!!

etc.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
  #535
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
It's obvious, Hall is dead!!!

They're lieing to us!!!!!

We're all doomed!!!!

etc.
Hall=McCartney and RNH= Lennon?

Well here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Hall.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
  #536
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Lol the NHL is guilty as charged when it comes to avoiding talk about injuries. They will call obvious head or shoulder injuries, upper body injuries. They will call knee, ankle, foot injuries, lower body injuries. The oilers aren't doing anything different here.

get off the ledge people

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
  #537
Fishy Scales
Registered User
 
Fishy Scales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: schmocation
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Hall=McCartney and RNH= Lennon?

Well here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Hall.
He was the walrus, but now he's the Nuge.

Fishy Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
  #538
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Did the media ask Renney why Hall returned to the ice after the Wilson hit? Accountability, please.
Sure did: http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=137954

Hockey Fan #751 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
  #539
Kelevra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Wow the pessimism on this board is on full overdrive.

There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehad, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.

Surgery never heals you back to 100%...its always the rehab that gets you there.

TH is saying they are not thinking about surgery right now because there actually is no reason to talk about it. Rehad SHOULD do the job but they cant rule it out because its not a gaurantee.

They also dont want to say its a partial tear so that people/media dont panic, and I am guessing the average fan is not panicking, just the crazy people on HF boards. We know the media isnt panicking so mission accomplished for the oil. The Oil DO NOT want this to be a distraction for the other players. Good on them, they are handling this correctly.

This is good new folks, and the best part is that TH car pretty much practice without contact, so he shouldnt miss too much of a beat when he gets back!

I bet he comes back mid-dec. He needs about 5 days for the swelling to go down, then 2 weeks of proper rehad.

Kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
  #540
IV XIV XCI
Registered User
 
IV XIV XCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Van
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Thanks to all the medical doctors in here.

Speaking of which, any word on when Potter returns?

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
  #541
IV XIV XCI
Registered User
 
IV XIV XCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Van
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Wow the pessimism on this board is on full overdrive.

There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehab, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.

Surgery never heals you back to 100%...its always the rehab that gets you there.

TH is saying they are not thinking about surgery right now because there actually is no reason to talk about it. Rehab SHOULD do the job but they cant rule it out because its not a gaurantee.

They also dont want to say its a partial tear so that people/media dont panic, and I am guessing the average fan is not panicking, just the crazy people on HF boards. We know the media isnt panicking so mission accomplished for the oil. The Oil DO NOT want this to be a distraction for the other players. Good on them, they are handling this correctly.

This is good new folks, and the best part is that TH car pretty much practice without contact, so he shouldnt miss too much of a beat when he gets back!

I bet he comes back mid-dec. He needs about 5 days for the swelling to go down, then 2 weeks of proper rehad.
My hope is that he's ready in 2 weeks and they keep him out for 3.5

These things should not be rushed.

Dammit paajarvi, get your groove back already.

IV XIV XCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
  #542
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post
Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Thanks to all the medical doctors in here.

Speaking of which, any word on when Potter returns?
Pretty sure Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the last of the series.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
  #543
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post
Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Thanks to all the medical doctors in here.

Speaking of which, any word on when Potter returns?
When does school end at Hogwarts?

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
  #544
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
No, there isn't, because no one said "trying to avoid surgery" at all.
no they didn't that is correct, i'm paraphrasing

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
  #545
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Pretty sure Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the last of the series.
Yeah, but didn't she say she was writing a Encyclopedia or something?

molsonmuscle360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
  #546
Silver
Registered User
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
There is likely a partial tear in one of his shoulder muscles. Your body can heal a partial tear with strong rehad, and that is the recommended method by ANY doctor, whether you are a hockey player or a regular office worker.
I'm guessing, since they haven't wheeled him into surgery, that's the diagnosis. I did basically the same thing, a hard impact right to the shoulder. Had minor tears in the top, front, side, and back of the shoulder, but nothing that went all the way through, so no surgery. Was tip top in a month, but I could have been playing hockey after about 2 weeks, although I wouldn't have wanted to get something heavy off a high shelf at the time.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
  #547
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Bad form by a moderator if this was never said.
i said that i was paraphrasing in another post, but might not have said it in the post that was quoted

i stand by that paraphrasing as well, its pretty darn obvious that they are trying to avoid surgery, but that it is still a very real possibility... if it wasn't a possibility, they would just come out and say so... not dance around the subject

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
  #548
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i said that i was paraphrasing in another post, but might not have said it in the post that was quoted

i stand by that paraphrasing as well, its pretty darn obvious that they are trying to avoid surgery, but that it is still a very real possibility... if it wasn't a possibility, they would just come out and say so... not dance around the subject
Why not quote what was said, instead of portraying your personal and highly subjective take on what was actually said as fact?

Honestly, you're just making stuff up now. You have no idea, not one, of what the nature of the injury is, yet you claim that surgery is a "very real possibility" to be factual.

Conjecture and assumption do not equate facts, regardless if you think they do or not.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
  #549
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post
Everyone's an expert.

Everyone "knows" what's really going on and when no information is available it's obviously because the sky is falling.

Thanks to all the medical doctors in here.

Speaking of which, any word on when Potter returns?
Well since we haven't heard anything I'm assuming his hockey career is done with. Pretty sure they will just send him over to Katz house and teach that ginger how to play defense for the remainder of the year.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
  #550
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
So, as I said...depends on your definition. I don't equate clean/dirty with legal/illegal. I say it was dirty because he knew he was going to hurt Hall but was legal. Checks were supposed to be used to seperate the players from the puck to allow opposing players to regain control. They shouldn't be used just to hit players for the sake of hitting/interferring with movement like football or just to hurt like UFC...Clutter_uck comes to mind.
These days the hits are as much a part of the game as the puck.
Even Renney thought it was clean. If Peckham lays that same hit, no one hear says a word about the "dirtyness" of the hit.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.