Notices

Goaltending Situation

Old
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Glad Bachman is living up to the hype I posted on him.
Yeah and Trevor Ludwig is looking good in Austin this year too, right?

Don't dislocate that shoulder of yours.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Scott White is the worst AHL GM of all time.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Scott White is the worst AHL GM of all time.
I was ribbing you before ... but blaming White seems wrong ridiculous.

Every major decision Texas has made, Dallas is mentioned as being in on the process .... hiring a coach, a system to play .... the coach and GM have talked about GM Joe and Coach Gulutzen having discussions or being a part of the process.

It's reasonable to assume the same thing is going on with player decisions. Plus, Texas didn't choose to not tender Ludwig an NHL contract (one-way or two-way). That is all on Dallas. I don't know how you can legitimately claim Scott White is to blame when Dallas walked away first and 29 other NHL teams didn't even offer him a contract.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
BigG44

I mean seriously ... Dallas gave Spang a contract instead of Ludwig ... but that's on White?

Old
12-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Eskimo Spy
Where's Bench?

Man, you guys take Scuba's posts waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Anyway, Bachman seems like a slight upgrade over Raycroft for now, but I agree with Troy, when Kari is back, Bachman is back down.

Eskimo Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I mean seriously ... Dallas gave Spang a contract instead of Ludwig ... but that's on White?
Yes that's on White. He's pretty much the only one other than Gully or Jerrard telling Joe who's good and who isn't etc...

Based upon the posts you guys have had this season about the Dallas D pairs though, you can see my frustration. Trevor is a ****ing good player, and he ***** Spang in thinking hockey and certainly playing it any day of the week.

**** Scott White

Old
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Al Core

Quote:
Yes that's on White. He's pretty much the only one other than Gully or Jerrard telling Joe who's good and who isn't etc...

Based upon the posts you guys have had this season about the Dallas D pairs though, you can see my frustration. Trevor is a ****ing good player, and he ***** Spang in thinking hockey and certainly playing it any day of the week.

**** Scott White
So then why is he playing in the CHL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just never seen the guy play.

I don't think he's still under contract with Texas. Maybe I'm wrong.

Al Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Core View Post
So then why is he playing in the CHL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just never seen the guy play.

I don't think he's still under contract with Texas. Maybe I'm wrong.
He no longer has a contract with Texas. Good talent is at all levels.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:49 PM
BigG44

Quote:
He no longer has a contract with Texas. Good talent is at all levels.
Got it ... 30 NHL teams ... no contract offer ... 28 AHL teams other than Bridgeport and Texas ... no contract offer ... Bridgeport release from PTO with no contract offer ... but White is the idiot.

That math works really well if you think 1 + 1 = 3.

I'm not denying that he has at least AHL talent, but when no one is knocking on the door ... you can't single out one man as an idiot and maintain any level of sanity.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Come to some games, witness what I witness, and maybe you're opinion will change. This is stupid.

Bachman rocks.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Someone needs to tell Craig to stop posting on this forum. It's kinda unseemly.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Come to some games, witness what I witness, and maybe you're opinion will change. This is stupid.

Bachman rocks.
You know what would happen if I had seen the same things you've seen on the ice the last 2 years ....

I would have reflected ... thought to myself I'm not the hockey scout I thought was ... and I'd realize that I'm not pro scout material and calling a GM an idiot when his peers (59 other GMs + all their advisers + all their scouts) obviously feel the same way about a guy's current game just makes me look a bit unhinged.

I wouldn't, without a doubt in my mind stand my ground and throw stones.

I'd also hope that the player I enjoyed watching took this as a wake up call and pushed himself to get back in the mix.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I've never seen Trevor Ludwig play, so I won't comment on him specifically, but it is possible for legitimate talent to slip through the cracks.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 02:22 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
I've never seen Trevor Ludwig play, so I won't comment on him specifically, but it is possible for legitimate talent to slip through the cracks.
I have only seen him play on TV and the internet ... but I'm not commenting on his play. That's the point.

I'm taking issue with a want-a-be professional scout defending his opinion like it's fact.

He's not the only one either. I was guilty of it the final year Tip was in Dallas. It drove me crazy that Richie wasn't playing the point on the PP, and that Les Jackson had to step in to get that to happen. In fact, Jackson stepping in just confirmed my anger.

In reality though, if any poster on here was as good as we'd all like to think we are, we'd be making a living in an NHL/AHL front office. It's fun to throw opinions around, and quite a few people have valid observations including Cin.

... but this type of behavior ... forgive me ... but it's a total beating. Hell, I imagine even Ludwig isn't blaming the world ... or White ... for this roadblock.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
I have only seen him play on TV and the internet ... but I'm not commenting on his play. That's the point.

I'm taking issue with a want-a-be professional scout defending his opinion like it's fact.

He's not the only one either. I was guilty of it the final year Tip was in Dallas. It drove me crazy that Richie wasn't playing the point on the PP, and that Les Jackson had to step in to get that to happen. In fact, Jackson stepping in just confirmed my anger.

In reality though, if any poster on here was as good as we'd all like to think we are, we'd be making a living in an NHL/AHL front office. It's fun to throw opinions around, and quite a few people have valid observations including Cin.

... but this type of behavior ... forgive me ... but it's a total beating. Hell, I imagine even Ludwig isn't blaming the world ... or White ... for this roadblock.
Why in the hell are we all posting on here anyways? We aren't allowed to have opinions or dislike the front office/decisions/players of our favorite teams? It's not like these "stones" that are cast will have any effect on the professionals. These last few posts from you really make it sound like you don't want anyone to vocalize any opinion contrary to anyone who gets paid for their hockey opinions.

Or maybe you want everyone to preface every post with "This is solely of my opinion and I acknowledge that I might possibly be wrong about it..."

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:

Oh I've frustrated you now. I'm terribly sorry.

The simple fact of the matter is you don't have any clue as to what my profession is. You have no idea which one of these teams I played for, and you have no idea who I interact with on a daily basis.

How do you know I'm not a scout or that I haven't ever been one?

Oh that's right, you don't. Go have some more twinkies and calm down.

Old
12-15-2011, 06:53 PM
glovesave_35
Name

I find myself amused by the last page of this thread...something funny about a poster with a Sawada avatar getting in a scout pissing match with a poster with a Ludwig avatar. I can at least respect a guy for sticking to his guns based on numerous personal viewings.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:07 PM
crawz87

Who would you guys go with Raycroft or Bachman against New jersey tomorrow?

crawz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:12 PM
BigG44

It's not a scout pissing match ... but thanks anyway.

It's a guy who posts a pissy rant about a GM based solely on some conversations with Craig Ludwig (the player's freaking Dad).

Sticking to your guns isn't saying **** Scott White.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawz87 View Post
Who would you guys go with Raycroft or Bachman against New jersey tomorrow?
I'm sure Gully and Bachman will talk it over, and if Bachman's up to it, ride the hot hand and give him another start.

Raycroft's used to riding the bench the past few years, I doubt he'll take it in any sort of poor way.

If he does, well......who the hell cares, Bachman's playing great and he wasn't.

12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Why in the hell are we all posting on here anyways? We aren't allowed to have opinions or dislike the front office/decisions/players of our favorite teams? It's not like these "stones" that are cast will have any effect on the professionals. These last few posts from you really make it sound like you don't want anyone to vocalize any opinion contrary to anyone who gets paid for their hockey opinions.

Or maybe you want everyone to preface every post with "This is solely of my opinion and I acknowledge that I might possibly be wrong about it..."
Good point except that I mentioned the whole point of this forum is having some fun and exchanging opinions. That's now what's going on with Cin though, and he's not being honest at all.

The dude has enjoyed some conversations during games with Craig Ludwig which is cool, but acting like that makes your opinion of his son fact is lame. Plus, I never said don't attack GMs or coaches, I just think you should at least have a valid argument and not have your entire point centering around a vulgar attack.

Hell, piqued is probably a perfect example. He's constantly coming up with opinions about fire this guy or any other topic you can think of. He stays on topic and makes points that aren't personal attacks and he rarely acts like he's a know it all.

Saying Scott White and 59 other GM's passed on a guy is a legitimate point by me. The argument to that point based around "**** Scott White" is BS so sue me for calling him out on it.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Oh I've frustrated you now. I'm terribly sorry.

The simple fact of the matter is you don't have any clue as to what my profession is. You have no idea which one of these teams I played for, and you have no idea who I interact with on a daily basis.

How do you know I'm not a scout or that I haven't ever been one?

Oh that's right, you don't. Go have some more twinkies and calm down.
Nice move ... always go for a personal attack or something vulgar if you don't have anything to add.

Old
12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I find myself amused by the last page of this thread...something funny about a poster with a Sawada avatar getting in a scout pissing match with a poster with a Ludwig avatar. I can at least respect a guy for sticking to his guns based on numerous personal viewings.
I don't think the comparison with Sawada and Ludwig is fair due to the fact that the organization more than likely viewed each player very differently the last few years. (Sawada as an actual prospect, whilst Ludwig as an AHL vet.)

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

For the second time in the thread were getting off topic.

Bachman first goalie for this franchise to win his first three games. .970 save percentage with a .90 goals against average in his three starts.

Do we play him tomorrow night?

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:46 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
For the second time in the thread were getting off topic.

Bachman first goalie for this franchise to win his first three games. .970 save percentage with a .90 goals against average in his three starts.

Do we play him tomorrow night?
I think tomorrow's game will be very telling. If he starts, I think he gets sent back down. But if Raycroft goes, I have a feeling Bachman sticks with the big club and ends up playing around 25-30 games (unless he starts sucking or gets hurt).

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote