HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many games for Pacioretty? [UPDATE: 3-game suspension]

Old
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Looks like he got 4 games

What a joke
source?

that would be a complete joke if true

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Gary320

No suspension has been announced yet. Only news it that we will find out at night once the Habs have the time to land and all.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Looks like he got 4 games

What a joke

Source?

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
FiveAndGame

If pax gets suspended then I really have no faith in the NHL anymore. Letang put himself in a dangerous situation, after seeing Pax. Additionally, I thought Pax connected with the shoulder, not just the head.

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
If pax gets suspended then I really have no faith in the NHL anymore. Letang put himself in a dangerous situation, after seeing Pax. Additionally, I thought Pax connected with the shoulder, not just the head.
This ought to get the Ruins fans all riled up ! hahaha.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
I tend to agree with that, but Pacioretty could have let up a little.

I dunno, I'm feeling 1 game.

4 games would be a farce.

Old
NHLcrazy

sorry that's what i read on the main board... I hope I'm wrong.

Anything more than 1 and this league is a mockery

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
looks like we wont know for another 3 hours

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
On me dit que la décision de Brendan Shanahan, sur Max Pacioretty, sera annoncée à Pierre Gauthier lorsque l'équipe va arriver à Anaheim.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

There's no announcement until 7 PM tonight.

So any rumors in the next 3 and a half hours are just that...rumors..

Old
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50

What a time to take a West Coast road trip.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
One Trick Pony

JoshRimerHockey Josh Rimer
if ur looking to find out if Max Pacioretty has been suspended 4 hit on Letang, nothing will be announced till MTL lands in ANA @7pm eastern

That's where people are getting the 4 from

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Habbadasher

I didn't it posted, so I will:

Bob McKenzie said he thought the head was the principal point of contact.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Who is Josh Rimer??

Old
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Who is Josh Rimer??
Leafs goalie.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Gary320

I gotta assume he gets at least one game. I mean they want to wait till he's landed?.. If there were no suspension, I'm sure they wouldn't mind having made it public before they tell Max or the Canadiens.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:05 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

I'm hoping he gets 15 games

That way we lose a lot of games, miss the playoffs and get Yakupov

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Protest the Hero

I personally have no problem with this hit, classic cutting across the middle hit, but the NHL wants to get rid of it, so I definitely expect a suspension, and they'd probably be hypocrites if they didn't suspend him. Two games.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I personally have no problem with this hit, classic cutting across the middle hit, but the NHL wants to get rid of it, so I definitely expect a suspension, and they'd probably be hypocrites if they didn't suspend him. Two games.
thats the problem with the NHL. They are hypocrites either way. Malone gets away with his because Campoli moved last second but we will see what happens here. If they are consistent they shouldnt be suspending this either.

Personally i will be pissed if he gets more than Deveaux's 3. Deveaux purposely sticks out his elbow and his only contact is with the head. Pure intent and solely a shot to the head.

How Shanny can even have Pacioretty at three would baffle me.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
@
@habsinsideout1 @NHLShanahan. Likely waiting for Habs to land in California to deliver the news. #Habs

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I gotta assume he gets at least one game. I mean they want to wait till he's landed?.. If there were no suspension, I'm sure they wouldn't mind having made it public before they tell Max or the Canadiens.
The professional thing to do is inform the team of any pending decision before making it public. I would assume that it would be the league protocol to do so either way.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Habiton

You know I was excited when Shannahan starting bringing the hammer down on all players, then the inevitable happened and he became biased. The NHL is a joke, and it turned one of the best players in the last 20 years, into another biased pri**. Its not fair how the team your on decides how long your supsension is. Anyone who denies that is just blind. They complain about principle point of contact, let an injury tell you that. Miller was concussed, how was it a) not intentional and b) head not principle point of contact? His helmet flew off!!

As for pacioretty, look at the hit. Letang is one of the better offensive defensemen in the league, your telling me he "forgot" to look? He saw him and decided to take the hit. Max hit was shoulder to shoulder-chest, Letang had his head down so obviously his face would get hit a bit. If his head was up, it just would have been a clean hit.

Since when do we punish the hitter when the hitee (is that even a word??) has his head down? If thats the case Scott Stevens would have been banned from the league in two games.

Shannahan, you are now as pathetic as Colin Campbell and is just adds to my theory that if you were a successful, respected NHL player chances are you will ruin your reputation if you go into an executive position with a lot of media coverage.

Unfortunately, its not a surprise to me and frankly the NHL needs to clean house. It is becoming an embarassment.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
That is what they said about Campoli. He put himself in a position that it wasn't Malone's fault. If Max gets a suspension then there is serious bias going on on the league depending on which team you play for.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

It's sad that fans can't tell if a player will be suspended or not, or for how much.
Great job for the new sheriff...

As for the hit, I think it should be suspended. If it were Staal hitting PK or Gorges like this, then everybody here would ask for a suspension. I don't see why it should be different when it's our players.

Whether Malone, Lucic or Chara were suspended or not is irrelevant. I want to see consistency, so if they suspend MaxPac, then they better follow the same direction for every darn player and hit.
If they're gonna suspend MaxPac only to let Lucic KO someone else tomorrow, then yea, I'll be pissed big time.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's sad that fans can't tell if a player will be suspended or not, or for how much.

As for the hit, I think it should be suspended. If it were Staal hitting PK or Gorges like this, then everybody here would ask for a suspension. I don't see why it should be different when it's our players.

Whether Malone, Lucic or Chara were suspended or not is irrelevant. I want to see consistency, so if they suspend MaxPac, then they better follow the same direction for every darn player and hit.
If they're gonna suspend MaxPac only to let Lucic KO someone else tomorrow, then yea, I'll be pissed big time.
totally agree

I expect a suspension. It was a dangerous hit

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

They still let Chara walk for his ******** on Pacioretty last season, and forget the fact that it was last season. They we're supposed to be getting tough on head shots then too. Pacioretty deserves a free pass based on the fact that he apologized immediately after the hit, the intent was to take him out of the play and he ended up clipping him in the head accidently. He has no prior history as a dirty player.

If Chara can get off on the fact there was "no intent to injure" then Pacioretty should get off too. But he won't, because this league only suspends Montreal players who give questionable hits and doesn't suspend those that happen to our players. Such as Chara's hit, Ference's elbow on Halpern, Ference's finger to the crowd (those that pay his salary), Malone's hit on Campoli.

I can stand a 1-2 game suspension, so long as the next time something like this happens to one our players the exact same treatment is given (which so far it has not).

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote