HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How many games for Pacioretty? [UPDATE: 3-game suspension]

Old
11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
5 games. And it's deserved.
watching too much soccer lately?..you get the debbie downer of the year congrats!!!!!

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:55 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Just watched the video a few times. Yeesh idk guys, I think he might get 1-2. Just hope letang is alright, I'm sure max didn't mean to hurt him.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:01 PM
habsrule22

he wasn t hurt to much, he came back in and scored the winner

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:03 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Just watched the video a few times. Yeesh idk guys, I think he might get 1-2. Just hope letang is alright, I'm sure max didn't mean to hurt him.
Yup. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few. That was a bad looking hit.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
JIMVINNY

Don't know how anyone could even dream of calling this blindside, since Letang looks at him, and sees him coming.

JIMVINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:17 PM
googlymoogly

So PJ the **** Stock says it was a dirty head shot and Milbury agrees When they showed the replay again you see that Max actually makes contact on Letang's shoulder first but he and Letang had enough force going that he went straight through Letang. He never raised his elbow or jumped into the hit. Shanny should not suspend Max when he didn't Malone. Malone was playing dirty all game like he was raging on roids or something before he made contact on Campoli.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:17 PM
BeerMe

I like that we're pretending that there's consistency in Shanahan's rulings.

I suspect 0, but I can see as many as 2 if Shanny hasn't had his nap. I won't say that I particularly like the hit, but Max is not a dirty player and there didn't seem to be malicious intent. My expectation is nothing from this one, but it might be taken into consideration down the road if he lays any other controversial hits this season.

Last edited by BeerMe: 11-26-2011 at 11:45 PM.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

2 Games. We don't want stuff like that to our players, we need to be consequent.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

None. The check appeared to be aimed at the body. All Letang got was a nosebleed, he continued playing, and no penalty was called.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Letang has a broken nose.

And in the post game interview, Letang didn't seem to be mad about the hit at all. All he said is that he didn't see it yet, all he know is that he took a shot and got hit immediately after. It almost sounds like he takes a little bit a responsibility for putting himself in a vulnerable position (even if he saw Max coming to hit him right before his shot).

Max also apologized to Letang on the ice when Letang came back from fixing his nose and concussion protocol.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:31 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Max also apologized to Letang on the ice when Letang came back from fixing his nose and concussion protocol.
The concussion protocol wasn't applied. There wasn't enough time between the hit and Letang's return at the start of OT for it.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The concussion protocol wasn't applied. There wasn't enough time between the hit and Letang's return at the start of OT for it.
Letang did say he had to pass the concussion protocol in his post game interview though.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Letang did say he had to pass the concussion protocol in his post game interview though.
Maybe last year's. The new rules on the concussion protocol involves 15 minutes of evaluation in a quiet room.

Mind you I'm not sure I ever heard of that rule being followed, ever.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Kikizaz

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

0, 1, or 2 games. My gut reaction was that it was very Scott Stevens-esque, but that was a different era, and you cannot help but wonder if "it's the Habs" will at least subconsciously factor into the decision.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:14 AM
shao01

If league decides to go consistent with intention instead of outcome then I say 0. First of all this was similar to Malone's hit like many pointed out and since Malone didn't get any Patches shouldn't either. Also there was no malicious intention on his part to hurt Letang it was more a case of him not taking control of his body.

If the league decides to go by end result, well the hit was a bit high and Patch could have let up a bit at the end even though there was no intention to hurt so in that case I'd say 3 games.

I'll try to have faith in this league for once and say 0 games.

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

To be honest, I'm really confused with the way nhl handles their discipline. I think Shanny actually came into the job trying to change things and setting a new precedent, but I also think he's backed off from handing out stiff penalties since the season started. It just further makes me believe that there are heavy politics and lobbying involved behind the scenes.

I dont know what to expect with this one. I feel like they constantly change their standards.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I say three.

I told my buddy I was watching the game with "3" I'll stick with that.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:11 AM
RC51

I have been reading many many comments from Pen fans that the Pens totally outplayed the Habs, that the refs called back two Pens good goals to help MTL and a further proof the refs were helping MTL is that Patches got no penilty on the Letang hit when clearly Patches went out or his way to HIT Letang in the head " nearly killing him" and deserves a HUGE suspension. After reading all the **** from the pens fans I have decided to balance the books.

Letang deserves all the hits to the head he gets, he is one of the dirty players of the league. Last night I clearly saw Letang reach into his glove where he keeps a small amount of blood and put in on his own face.

I clearly saw the pens players RAM INTO PRICE pushing him into the net for a goal.
I clearly saw Price with his hand the puck for 6 seconds before that Letang player ramming his stick under Price glove to get the puck loose and then shoot it into the net. Letang should get a 10 game suspension for attempt to injure Price for sure.

THE HABS WERE ROBBED, The refs should get FIRED and Letang should get suspension.

You see, two can play the HOMER GAME.
Those goals were called back by the NHL staff in Toronto not the refs.
They called back those goals because the video evidence totally reversed the Refs at the time. Which you must now wonder how those goals were first allowed by the game refs????? Were they trying to hand the Pens a victory??? but got reversed by Toronto.
Video clearly shows Price does have the puck for 4-6 seconds waiting for the ref to use his whistle ( but never came) So for the third time in this game the refs try to help the Pens but this time it worked.
Does anybody think those refs will get called to the carpet by NHL Toronto for TOTALLY screwing the HABS

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:49 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

The main point of contact was the shoulder. Yes the head was hit, but it wasn't the principal point of contact. Letang leaned into a shot just prior to the hit Paccioretty had already comitted to the hit. You don't wanna get smashed, keep you head up. I see no reason why this is a suspension.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:10 AM
BLONG7

0 games....hard hockey play...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:21 AM
dcyhabs

They were pretty much back to each other, both playing the puck so not much for intent. He hurt his nose so it is not a hit from behind. I saw some people accuse him of getting the elbow up, but I did not see it.

The league, on the other hand, knows that habs fans are not going to impact any networks they care about (RDS? bah! TSN? They have the leafs. HNIC? Likewise) so they can make an example and prove that the perceived reffing bias that allowed the habs to win cups is no longer in place (perceived by Torontonians who also think Gretzky was an OK player who benefited from biased reffing that allowed him to put up hundreds of undeserved points) so I expect 5-10 games.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:25 AM
1 09Cup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I have been reading many many comments from Pen fans that the Pens totally outplayed the Habs, that the refs called back two Pens good goals to help MTL and a further proof the refs were helping MTL is that Patches got no penilty on the Letang hit when clearly Patches went out or his way to HIT Letang in the head " nearly killing him" and deserves a HUGE suspension. After reading all the **** from the pens fans I have decided to balance the books.

Letang deserves all the hits to the head he gets, he is one of the dirty players of the league. Last night I clearly saw Letang reach into his glove where he keeps a small amount of blood and put in on his own face.

I clearly saw the pens players RAM INTO PRICE pushing him into the net for a goal.
I clearly saw Price with his hand the puck for 6 seconds before that Letang player ramming his stick under Price glove to get the puck loose and then shoot it into the net. Letang should get a 10 game suspension for attempt to injure Price for sure.

THE HABS WERE ROBBED, The refs should get FIRED and Letang should get suspension.

You see, two can play the HOMER GAME.
Those goals were called back by the NHL staff in Toronto not the refs.
They called back those goals because the video evidence totally reversed the Refs at the time. Which you must now wonder how those goals were first allowed by the game refs????? Were they trying to hand the Pens a victory??? but got reversed by Toronto.
Video clearly shows Price does have the puck for 4-6 seconds waiting for the ref to use his whistle ( but never came) So for the third time in this game the refs try to help the Pens but this time it worked.
Does anybody think those refs will get called to the carpet by NHL Toronto for TOTALLY screwing the HABS
The second goal didn't go to Toronto, the on ice official waived it off instantly. Nice try though.

How about a ref ever gives your boy P.K. a penalty for kicking like a school girl?

The refs were bad, mostly against the Pens last night. Fortunately the Pens are good enough to overcome things like that against a team like Montreal. If that was against a good team like Boston or Chicago we would have been screwed.

Adding=Price never has that puck froze. The ref couldn't possibly see that and it should have been blown dead but if the situation was reversed you would be praising your boys for playing to the whistle and screaming about the puck not being frozen. Try some objectivity.

1 09Cup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Pacioretti might get away with it... The NHL is a strange beast...

Last edited by Latrappe: 11-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:11 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
2 Games. We don't want stuff like that to our players, we need to be consequent.
That's what I told my buddy. 2 games. It was unintentional but it still can't happen. The broken nose is definitely a big factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Pacioretti might get away with it... The NHL is a strange beast...
I got 2 words for you. Guess which.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote