HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many games for Pacioretty? [UPDATE: 3-game suspension]

Old
11-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 09Cup View Post
The second goal didn't go to Toronto, the on ice official waived it off instantly. Nice try though.

How about a ref ever gives your boy P.K. a penalty for kicking like a school girl?

The refs were bad, mostly against the Pens last night. Fortunately the Pens are good enough to overcome things like that against a team like Montreal. If that was against a good team like Boston or Chicago we would have been screwed.

Adding=Price never has that puck froze. The ref couldn't possibly see that and it should have been blown dead but if the situation was reversed you would be praising your boys for playing to the whistle and screaming about the puck not being frozen. Try some objectivity.
And then, I'm not sure how you can ask for objectivity with an answer like that. Seriously? Clearly Kunitz pushed deliberately the puck with his glove. See the replay when the goal is being announced? Kunitz knew it and didn't even looked surprised. Replay also ends up clear as day. The 2nd goal? Happened that the Habs made exactly the same type of goal THIS WEEK and guess what? They didn't allow it either. You ram into the goalie resulting in a goal....NO GOAL. Hard to understand? The hit on Letang? Yes, a penalty, they have missed it. Just like they missed the dive Letang made on the first penalty we got. The goal in OT....I guess it could have gone either way. But we have been on the wrong end of the same types of goals all year this year, and last year. For us, the second the puck isn't in sight, the play is being stopped. Yet, we are ALSO not on the right end of it last night. Frustrating.

And guess what....fans are fans. Blind love, happen to see it the way their favorite team is always doing things right, that the opponent always get the calls and that the refs hate them. Every single night. Watch the GDT of every team.....you will learn some things.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:18 AM
1 09Cup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And then, I'm not sure how you can ask for objectivity with an answer like that. Seriously? Clearly Kunitz pushed deliberately the puck with his glove. See the replay when the goal is being announced? Kunitz knew it and didn't even looked surprised. Replay also ends up clear as day. The 2nd goal? Happened that the Habs made exactly the same type of goal THIS WEEK and guess what? They didn't allow it either. You ram into the goalie resulting in a goal....NO GOAL. Hard to understand? The hit on Letang? Yes, a penalty, they have missed it. Just like they missed the dive Letang made on the first penalty we got. The goal in OT....I guess it could have gone either way. But we have been on the wrong end of the same types of goals all year this year, and last year. For us, the second the puck isn't in sight, the play is being stopped. Yet, we are ALSO not on the right end of it last night. Frustrating.

And guess what....fans are fans. Blind love, happen to see it the way their favorite team is always doing things right, that the opponent always get the calls and that the refs hate them. Every single night. Watch the GDT of every team.....you will learn some things.
I never said either of Kunitz's goals should have been allowed. While there is zero conclusive evidence that the puck hit his glove it sure looked that way.

I'm glad the on-ice official waved off the second goal right away instead of going to Toronto to get it right.

Some of the missed calls were awful and how P.K. gets away with kicking players skates is beyond me.

If you agree with the high stick call on Neal then you have to hold your guy to the same accountability when his elbow hits Letang's nose.

1 09Cup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:23 AM
muzion

None.

If Letang is the same size as Pacioretty, it's a shoulder to shoulder hit... plus he was leaning, and it wasn't blindside. It looked bad because Pac went through him with a lotta speed.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 09Cup View Post
I never said either of Kunitz's goals should have been allowed. While there is zero conclusive evidence that the puck hit his glove it sure looked that way.

I'm glad the on-ice official waved off the second goal right away instead of going to Toronto to get it right.

Some of the missed calls were awful and how P.K. gets away with kicking players skates is beyond me.

If you agree with the high stick call on Neal then you have to hold your guy to the same accountability when his elbow hits Letang's nose.
And I do hold him accountable. Would have liked to see a penalty. And I'm expecting a 2-game suspension.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Belso

I say none. Shanny has to prove there was intent to injure. If Max gets a suspension I am writing to the NHL saying how disappointed I am with their bush league and will refuse to buy hockey tickets till the Bettman administration retires...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Mue

I've watched the hit a few times now and I don't think there will be a suspension.

Wasn't blind side.
The head wasn't the primary point of contact.
No elbow.

Maybe being a habs fan is clouding my objectivity but I think it's a solid hit.

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:35 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
So PJ the **** Stock says it was a dirty head shot and Milbury agrees When they showed the replay again you see that Max actually makes contact on Letang's shoulder first but he and Letang had enough force going that he went straight through Letang. He never raised his elbow or jumped into the hit. Shanny should not suspend Max when he didn't Malone. Malone was playing dirty all game like he was raging on roids or something before he made contact on Campoli.
PJ Stock and Milbury are both known for being Habs haters.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Shabutie

It better be 0...But because it's a pens player, I'll say 2.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:46 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He isn't a bruin so probably 10
Bruins fans whine and complain with the best of them- but so do Habs, Leafs, Flyers fans. It's what fans do and why I always roll my eyes when any of my Red Sox fan friends complain about Yankees steriod use....it reminds me of the famous scene in Pirates of the Carribean when one of the Pirates is complaining about another being dishonest....

both Bruins and Canadiens fans are no better than the other and as Seinfeld said its all about laundry. Hell, I hated Pouliot last year and now am rooting for him to do well.

If I was a Habs fan I could probably write an essay why this hit deserves nothing; however, if the skate was on the other foot and it was Max that got hit by Latang I'd want a multi game suspension.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:13 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
1 09Cup.

You are aware that the Habs were screwed against the Penguins (resulting in my subsequent banning from the forum) with the "intent to blow the whistle" call.

Don't come in here and spout BS about the Penguins 'overcoming' adversity. The only adversity they overcame was losing their team because of no fan support. Luckily they 'won' a lottery and got the best prospect in the world in a long time. Fairweather fans are great at least until Crosby retires you won't have to worry about losing your team. After that we will see a similar situation in Pittsburgh.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:19 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
2 Games. We don't want stuff like that to our players, we need to be consequent.
Come on be serious. Pyatt gets beaten with a piece of equipment...zero suspension for Campbell. Chara almost kills Patches...zero suspension. Malone on Campoli after being an aggressor all night...zero suspension.

You seriously think Patches getting a suspension will stop ANYBODY from taking shots at our players? Especially when Patches hit the player legally (no penalty) and only the outcome is being judged here? The guy was down and bleeding and playing again 5 minutes later. He acknowledged Patches apology for having hurt him and called it classy. He saw the hit coming so it wasn't blindsided. No head shot and no concussion.

What exactly should he be suspended for when there are so many suspend able offenses that never occurred? Lucic on Miller was 10 times worse because it was illegal contact with a goalie and still nothing was done. Miller missed games and Lucic walked. Here you are saying an open ice hit resulting in a bloody nose and 5 minutes of missed action with no penalty call is worthy of a suspension?

If Patches gets a suspension it means only one thing: it's open season on all our players. Any team can do what they want and take out any of our players without any action BUT any hit bordering on the limit by our players is suspendable. I would love to hear anybody prove "intent to injure" by a player that apologizes to the injured player 5 minutes later. Isn't that why Lucic got off? They couldn't find any intent to injure in his hit. Show me where Patches tries to injure Letang.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Haven't read the thread, but here's my take.

CON:
- he hit his head first, at least it appeared so to me.

PRO:
- Letang saw him coming and even looked at MaxPac just before he attempted to shoot.
- MaxPac arm wasn't raised, it looked like he attempted a legit check
- No serious injury.
- No penalty on the play

So I say 1 game.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:25 AM
psychonaut

Well I hope either way the put out a video too explain the decision.

psychonaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:29 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Bruins fans whine and complain with the best of them- but so do Habs, Leafs, Flyers fans. It's what fans do and why I always roll my eyes when any of my Red Sox fan friends complain about Yankees steriod use....it reminds me of the famous scene in Pirates of the Carribean when one of the Pirates is complaining about another being dishonest....

both Bruins and Canadiens fans are no better than the other and as Seinfeld said its all about laundry. Hell, I hated Pouliot last year and now am rooting for him to do well.

If I was a Habs fan I could probably write an essay why this hit deserves nothing; however, if the skate was on the other foot and it was Max that got hit by Latang I'd want a multi game suspension.
Wow. A level-headed comment from across the border. Agreed.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
PJ Stock and Milbury are both known for being Habs haters.
Plus, despite playing niche rolls on their teams, not at all knowledgeable about the sport. Slightly brain dead I suspect...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Gary320

The hearing will be by phone, so I assume it's going to be zero to one game. I doubt he gets anything anymore.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Protest the Hero

Can he use the Lucic excuse?

"I didn't mean to hit him, I swear."

Last night I said I expected two games, we'll see.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
ruski17

No more than two games. Glad to see that Patches was worried for Letang. Shows great compassion.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
Zero guys, no way in hell Max Pac gets suspended on this, he is not a repeat offender and hasnt ever made a dirty hit. There are way worse hits everyday and Max was targetting the body.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Phone hearing with Shannabanner on Monday: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603391 (not much more info there, just confirmation).

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Can he use the Lucic excuse?

"I didn't mean to hit him, I swear."

Last night I said I expected two games, we'll see.
"I try make strong hockey play"

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
Zero guys, no way in hell Max Pac gets suspended on this, he is not a repeat offender and hasnt ever made a dirty hit. There are way worse hits everyday and Max was targetting the body.
He did already get a 1 game suspension on his hit on Mark Eaton... I stand corrected, he got none!

Last edited by PhysicX: 11-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
He did already get a 1 game suspension on his hit on Mark Eaton...
I think he got 0. No?

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
Glad to see that Patches was worried for Letang. Shows great compassion.
yes, compassion is absolutely crucial.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think he got 0. No?
Oh well my bad... I can't find it on the internet... You're right!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote