HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa VS Carolina | Sportsnet-Ott - TVA - Team 1200 | 5pm

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2011, 06:17 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
The Bingo problem are centers (wings do not have good passes from them) and lack of veterans. It is good that Da Costa will return he will help it.

To Filatov I doubt he will play in the second or the first line and more than 8 minutes he needs rest. Probably Neil will return or he will play in the fourth line.

Old
11-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
The Bingo problem are centers (wings do not have good passes from them) and lack of veterans. It is good that Da Costa will return he will help it.

To Filatov I doubt he will play in the second or the first line and more than 8 minutes he needs rest. Probably Neil will return or he will play in the fourth line.
might as well just give him the day off and get a practice in before getting into the lineup.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM
gatosauce12345

Probably Foligno playing Center and Winchester down to the fourth

Old
11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatosauce12345 View Post
Probably Foligno playing Center and Winchester down to the fourth
hopefully this

Old
11-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Afro Thunder*

The 2nd line will probably be Foligno-Qinchester-Alfie

Old
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
The 2nd line will probably be Foligno-Qinchester-Alfie
As many have said what is the point of bringing up Filatov to play on the 4th line? And it's his 4th game in 4 nights What are they thinking? Who is making these decisions? Are they retarded?

Old
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
As many have said what is the point of bringing up Filatov to play on the 4th line? And it's his 4th game in 4 nights What are they thinking? Who is making these decisions? Are they retarded?
he will probably start there and depending on how much energy he has or how everyone else is playing he'll get some time on the top lines.

i don't think the answer is to keep handing him top mins. He's been benched in half the games in bingo. that's not earning it properly.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Noooooooooooooo!
Sportsnet Ottawa

Old
11-27-2011, 11:04 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
he will probably start there and depending on how much energy he has or how everyone else is playing he'll get some time on the top lines.

i don't think the answer is to keep handing him top mins. He's been benched in half the games in bingo. that's not earning it properly.
Sure I agree, but if he's being benched half the time in bingo, he shouldn't be called up in the first place. And how can we expect him to show anything offensively playing with Konopka?

But my main prob with him being called up is 4 games in 4 nights. Da Costa has shown that he needs time in the AHL for a while now. So why make the switch now instead of before, or why not wait a little longer to avoid this situation?

Old
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six View Post
Noooooooooooooo!
Sportsnet Ottawa
I know

The TVA color guy is awful. ugh.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six View Post
Noooooooooooooo!
Sportsnet Ottawa
I ain't even mad, it's one of the few games that I'll be missing this year(Grey Cup takes priority today).

Old
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
He would be with Butler and Konpka. Butler is good they can combinate, Konopka will get many FO. Plus again, he played three games in three days with very big ice time. He can be tired.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I ain't even mad, it's one of the few games that I'll be missing this year(Grey Cup takes priority today).
lol...America's next top model recap episode takes priority over the Grey Cup on my TV...But Sens games take priority overall.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:28 AM
eyeno

Quote:
Sure I agree, but if he's being benched half the time in bingo, he shouldn't be called up in the first place. And how can we expect him to show anything offensively playing with Konopka?

But my main prob with him being called up is 4 games in 4 nights. Da Costa has shown that he needs time in the AHL for a while now. So why make the switch now instead of before, or why not wait a little longer to avoid this situation?
The reason being now, is last game was Da costa s last kick at the can according to the coach,I just forget the wording he used but that was the message.As far as Filatov goes like any other player being called up you had better be excited and on adrenaline.Doesnt matter were you play first or fourth you have to show how bad you want it.Also he is a typical Russian this might sound bad but sorry its the way it is.Some of you think Filitov is a Taylor Hall,Skinner, he is not in no shape or form.He will not be a first line guy he will be a second or third if he can over come his mental issues about how he is treated.Hey you get called up get as ready as you can,the coach isnt going to put you somewere to fail,he is aware of your last few days.For all you managers on this forum who should they call up then the whole team has played that many games,also they leave for another 6 games after tonight he will be on the road with the team he will get a shot if he has it coming.I bet if you asked the kid he would agree that he should be called up and yes I can handle it.Its only the managers on this forum who figure he will fail because of where he is played or with who

Old
11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

I'm thinking it's 2nd line bust for Filatov, BUT he's tired, maybe Stache gives him 4th line minutes but those minutes come on the 2nd...

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Filatov/Winchester-Foligno-Alfie
Daug-Smith-Condra
Konopka-Winchester-Butler

Filatov plays reduced 2nd line minutes with Winchester picking up the slack. Males more sense to me than putting a tired Filatov back on the 4th or calling him up just to sit him...

Old
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
bert

Any word on who is getting the start?

Old
11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskimo View Post
I'm thinking it's 2nd line bust for Filatov, BUT he's tired, maybe Stache gives him 4th line minutes but those minutes come on the 2nd...

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Filatov/Winchester-Foligno-Alfie
Daug-Smith-Condra
Konopka-Winchester-Butler

Filatov plays reduced 2nd line minutes with Winchester picking up the slack. Males more sense to me than putting a tired Filatov back on the 4th or calling him up just to sit him...
I really hope Winchester is not on a line with alfie. Now he does his job well but what a total waste of alfies talent winny is a black hole of offense. Id like to see Alfie play with some players that atleast think offense first Foligno and Greening can play center cant they?

Old
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
I really hope Winchester is not on a line with alfie. Now he does his job well but what a total waste of alfies talent winny is a black hole of offense. Id like to see Alfie play with some players that atleast think offense first Foligno and Greening can play center cant they?
Foligno can't but Greening was a Center prior to NHL.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Quote:
I agree, options are limited however, I'd say it's him or Daug, and I don't think he wants to mess with Kaspars' groove on the 3rd

Old
11-27-2011, 12:25 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskimo View Post
I agree, options are limited however, I'd say it's him or Daug, and I don't think he wants to mess with Kaspars' groove on the 3rd
Greening, filatov, butler, alfredsson, spezza, foligno, michalek, and regin when he gets back are all players that COULD be placed in the top 6. The rest of our forwards don't belong anywhere near the top 6 due to lack of talent.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Any word on who is getting the start?
According to Gord Wilson, it's Andy.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Grey Cup day...thank god the Sens and NFL play today so i don't get stuck watching that crap

Old
11-27-2011, 12:29 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Foligno can't but Greening was a Center prior to NHL.
so was foligno, and foligno has played much more C in the NHL than Greening

Old
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM
jbeck5

Foligno played center in the ohl, and greening played center in college. I don't think it's the end of the world if we play either of them at center for a couple games. That being said, when the hell is regin coming back? He's our only player that can come close to fulfilling that role.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
so was foligno, and foligno has played much more C in the NHL than Greening
Other than a few shifts, Foligno and Greening haven't played center at all in the NHL...

Closed Thread