Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #23 Maple Leafs @ Ducks 11/27/2011 6:05PM PDT

Old
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
Hopefully Getzlaf drops the mitts in the first couple of minutes, he'll find his feet once he smashes someone's face in.

Maybe Lupul after all the bad comments he made

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM
gradeAducksfan

Who cares... The Ducks will find a way to lose this one and still NOTHING will be done about it.

This team is the laughing stock of the NHL right now! Sad to be apart of this melt down.

Let's tank and play for the 1st round pick

gradeAducksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
ClarkieMac

Hey guys, a Leafs fan here wishing you guys luck tonight (but not to much luck). The Ducks are my western conference team, so hopefully this one is a 3 point game. I thought I'd come and share this article with you guys, seems like Lupul really took getting traded so soon after coming back from injury to heart. Here's to a good game!

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/26...ind-with-ducks

ClarkieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Lol 15 penalties
It was 17 two years ago when the Leafs needed their first win of the season

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/GS020151.HTM

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:46 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Are we down a goal yet?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Who cares... The Ducks will find a way to lose this one and still NOTHING will be done about it.

This team is the laughing stock of the NHL right now! Sad to be apart of this melt down.

Let's tank and play for the 1st round pick
Irony

Has anyone heard if Ellis is healthy enough or if Tarkki is being called up?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Lupul's going to light it up. You just know he's had this date marked on the calender, and with the way he's been playing, he'll probably net a few.

On the plus side, I actually think the Ducks will light the Leafs up as well, their defense is pretty terrible and without Reimer, their goaltending is about the same.
Gustavsson has actually been very good as of late. He backstopped the team to the SO win against Dallas, and in the two games before that with him in net, the Leafs won 7-1.

The problem is Ron Wilson's lack of defensive system. Teams with a strong forecheck and puck possession game give the Leafs' fits in their own zone.

Good luck tonight guys!

11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck

that's what she said

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
The problem is Ron Wilson's lack of defensive system. Teams with a strong forecheck and puck possession game give the Leafs' fits in their own zone.

Good luck tonight guys!
Trade you coaches?

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

I don't even know if I want the team to win or lose anymore.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Gustavsson has actually been very good as of late. He backstopped the team to the SO win against Dallas, and in the two games before that with him in net, the Leafs won 7-1.

Good luck tonight guys!
Maybe the 3rd and 4th lines will break out then, as they appear to be the ones using Carlyle's forechecking system. 2nd line is still freelancing and the 1st is playing tin woodsman.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Man after reading that article the leafs fan pointed out i got a gut feeling lupuls gonna go beast mode on us tonight. He sounds pissed!

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:00 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:

Good luck tonight guys!
Don't you worry, we won't forecheck.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:00 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Trade you coaches?
In a heartbeat!

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:

Good luck tonight guys!
I actually watch a lot of Toronto games, so I know Gusty has been playing well, but he's still giving up too many weak goals, though he has been making some spectacular ones. I Just mean that he's not a goaltender I'm scared to face.

Ron Wilson's system definitely has it's defensive flaws, most notable is the constant pinching, leading to odd man rushes. Their play in the defensive zone also leaves a lot to be desired, much like the Ducks, their players seem content with keeping play to the outside, rather than putting pressure on the opposition.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Leafs fan, coming in peace, to wish you guys luck tonight. I think the Ducks are a better team than their record indicates (obviously), but just can't seem to get it together right now. I think both teams battle hard tonight and the game is close. Leafs need to work extra hard with the obscene amount of injuries we've got at the moment, so please don't injure more of our players. I always expect former Leafs (Hagman) and local boys (Perry) to burn the Leafs, so I'll be watching out for them. If that happens, I hope Lupul and Gardiner can return the favour for our side.

From what I've seen, you guys are one of the classier boards on HF and I haven't seen any ******-y comments from any of your posters, so kudos for that. The Ducks are also one of my preferred Western Conference teams, so best of luck tonight guys.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
I actually watch a lot of Toronto games, so I know Gusty has been playing well, but he's still giving up too many weak goals, though he has been making some spectacular ones. I Just mean that he's not a goaltender I'm scared to face.

Ron Wilson's system definitely has it's defensive flaws, most notable is the constant pinching, leading to odd man rushes. Their play in the defensive zone also leaves a lot to be desired, much like the Ducks, their players seem content with keeping play to the outside, rather than putting pressure on the opposition.
Agreed, not saying Gusto hasn't been playing with more confidence but his performances have been overblown a bit.

One of the reasons we had a better start is because of our mobile defense, where as our d does like to pinch and we used to be caught with tons of odd man chances where the d didn't have the foot speed to catch up.

You guys will torch us on PP i have NO DOUBT about that, and you might find our d falling asleep so I wouldn't be surprised if scouting report tells them go for the 50 foot pass from your end, there has been MANY times where our two d are too far high and get caught.

If you guys still want to make playoffs rather then top 5 pick, then here's hoping to a 3 point game.

Sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I'm not sure if I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, or for the Ducks to toss the shoes aside and finally lace up the skates.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Agreed, not saying Gusto hasn't been playing with more confidence but his performances have been overblown a bit.

One of the reasons we had a better start is because of our mobile defense, where as our d does like to pinch and we used to be caught with tons of odd man chances where the d didn't have the foot speed to catch up.

You guys will torch us on PP i have NO DOUBT about that, and you might find our d falling asleep so I wouldn't be surprised if scouting report tells them go for the 50 foot pass from your end, there has been MANY times where our two d are too far high and get caught.

If you guys still want to make playoffs rather then top 5 pick, then here's hoping to a 3 point game.
The only thing the Ducks have been torching this year, is their playoff chances, but we'll see.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Force951

After the UCLA game last night i am at a low as far as teams go. So that means the Ducks will come out firing and win 6-1, DSPx2 Selanne Getzlaf McMillan and Fowler with the goals.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

5:1 Leafs

The Mighty Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

we're hurting with injuries. #2C, #2dman, #1 goalie all out. gl tonight. wish the game didn't start at 9PM though...

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Irony

Has anyone heard if Ellis is healthy enough or if Tarkki is being called up?
JDD called up actually.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Leizi

If Kessel connects twice, we lose, if not, it's Ducks 4 - Tor 3 with Selänne scoring twice

Leizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Hoping Loops gets distracted by the Power Players and doesn't tear RC a new butt hole by scoring a hatrick.

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote