HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate Blade Alignment for Pronation

Old
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Pedagogue

vCash: 500
Skate Blade Alignment for Pronation

I have extremely flat feet with basically no arch. I've noticed that when I am in my skates on the ice my right foot pronates badly. The left is O.K. Because of this pronation it is really hard for me to use my outside edge on my right skate. Right now I am using the sidas insoles that come with the Graf 705's. My question is, besides going to SuperFeet which I've had before and does make a difference for pronation, is it necessary to get the blades aligned so that your centre of gravity is over the skate blade. In otherwords for a pronator the blade could be moved 1/4" to the inside. I am wondering if any hockey players who pronate have had this done? Did it work? Is there a reputable hockey store in the GTA(greater Toronto Area) that knows what they are doing and can do this? Help and advice would be appreciated. Here is a website that I found that explains the process.
http://ladyinredcreations.com/Ankles_Down.htm

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Stickmata

vCash: 500
I have the same problem with my right skate and I've just learned to live with it and adjust for it. My right foot doesn't lay flat/straight over the blade and I wind up more on the inside edge than I like unless I overcompensate with that foot. Costs me a little straight line speed and has required me to adjust how I do my crossovers when turning right. Mine is made worse by the fact that my right leg is 3/8" shorter than the left and I don't have a lift on this skate yet.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote