HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #23: St. Louis Blues at Columbus Blue Jackets

Old
11-28-2011, 02:26 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
If I had known that The Blues would give up a handful of breakaways and several additional odd-man rushes I wouldn't have guessed The Jackets would be held to one goal. I was right, but for the wrong reason. Elliott "stood on his head", and The Blues' backcheckers worked miracles to interfere with the breakaways and man advantages. Make no mistake.....that kind of laxity won't produce wins if a team has just one line scoring.

I'd keep Steen with Bergland and Stewart, and hope Perron starts playing soon, so the 3 scoring lines can be filled out.
Agreed. Elliott and the PK unit were the difference between you or me being right, and fortunately, they really stepped it up. Ugly game as I expected, but a win is a win. We're in the hunt!

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Does it seem like the team plays harder in front of Elliott? Its kind of subtle, but I think they do. Or maybe Halak has just had some bad luck on nights when the team doesn't play as well.

The last two wins were largely due to Elliott. He kept the team in the game long enough for some goals to matter.

I still think Halak is your starter, but if Elliott can keep this up you have a great problem. Halak has been playing at a Top 10 level the past few games. But Elliott is leading the league in GAA and save %. Hard to argue with that.

Stewart needs someone to score a goal off his face or something to get him going. I was disappointed to see him getting outmuscled multiple times in one on one battles. That's even more inexcusable than any kind of a cold streak.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Does it seem like the team plays harder in front of Elliott? Its kind of subtle, but I think they do. Or maybe Halak has just had some bad luck on nights when the team doesn't play as well.

The last two wins were largely due to Elliott. He kept the team in the game long enough for some goals to matter.

I still think Halak is your starter, but if Elliott can keep this up you have a great problem. Halak has been playing at a Top 10 level the past few games. But Elliott is leading the league in GAA and save %. Hard to argue with that.

Stewart needs someone to score a goal off his face or something to get him going. I was disappointed to see him getting outmuscled multiple times in one on one battles. That's even more inexcusable than any kind of a cold streak.
The team has more confidence that Elliott will stop the puck, and gather the puck in(avoiding rebounds), or catch it with his glove hand. And for rebounds that DO occur,-not direct them straight back out to the centre of the ice, but to the sides. It's easier to defend with his style of play.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post

Ouch...not off the face!

either Stewart needs to work on his team game and make better plays in the offensive zone, or Bergy needs a playmaker to open the ice up with him and dish to stewart when he gets open in front of the net.

Stewy tries to beat guys 1-on-1 too often IMO. Work with your teammates, man!

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
Ouch...not off the face!

either Stewart needs to work on his team game and make better plays in the offensive zone, or Bergy needs a playmaker to open the ice up with him and dish to stewart when he gets open in front of the net.

Stewy tries to beat guys 1-on-1 too often IMO. Work with your teammates, man!
PERRON!!! Hopefully he is back for Chicago.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote