HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines

Old
12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I'm surprised by the changes, but I was also surprised by the last set of lines and those were all effective, so I'll wait and see how they play before I judge.

Brown and Kopi together was thought to be a big no no by a lot of people and that's working great. I feel like every time Brown gets a shot to play on the top line he gets a lot of energy for the first few games, sometimes more. I don't think it matters what side he's playing on now that he has that momentum going.

How so? Hunter destroyed the first line. Kopitar has been invisible offensively 5-on-5 since Hunter was on the first line. I'm glad he's gone.

Williams was wasted on the third line. Stoll was not a good winger for the second line. Gagne and Richards had chemistry, no brainer there. Gagne-Loktionov-Williams looked good with limited minutes in the third.

The only line was effective was the 4th and they have been split up.

I would go with this lineup:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Loktionov-Williams
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth

Loktionov needs skilled wingers. Brown and Kopitar work well and Penner should work with Kopitar.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How so? Hunter destroyed the first line. Kopitar has been invisible offensively 5-on-5 since Hunter was on the first line. I'm glad he's gone.

Williams was wasted on the third line. Stoll was not a good winger for the second line. Gagne and Richards had chemistry, no brainer there. Gagne-Loktionov-Williams looked good with limited minutes in the third.

The only line was effective was the 4th and they have been split up.

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Loktionov-Williams
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth

Loktionov needs skilled wingers. Brown and Kopitar work well and Penner should work with Kopitar.
Kopitar and Brown were carrying that line just fine between the two of them. I don't think Kopi's slump is related to linemates, he does this every year. I liked that third line a lot, I actually thought Williams was the weak link. His play's been garbage of late. Stoll was OK on the wing, considering he never plays there. I liked the face off ability there. Plus Gagne with Richards like you said.

Loktionov has been playing with a lot more poise lately, especially defensively. I agree that he deserves a shot with some talent. I liked having Clifford out there with him to clear space and let him feel safe.

I don't know man. I'm one of those "if you win the lines are fine" kinda guys. We won twice with that last lineup and if the injuries hadn't gone down I'm sure it'd be the same tomorrow.

Penner "should" work, but I'm a little skeptical on that one, as I'm sure you are too. I'm not a big numbers guy as you know, but two assists? There's snakebit and there's poisonous.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Yes, the Kings won both games, but I would put both on Kings defense, especially the PK, and Quick.

I like the defensive pairs, but would like to see Loktionov with some skill. He should be Richards replacement, not Stoll.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:49 PM
SFKingshomer

Love the top line but I'd prefer this with Stoll on Richardsons wing and he could take some draws.

Penner-Loktionov-Williams
Clifford-Richardson-Stoll
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Certainly much better than what Hammond reported from practice, but I would change a couple things...

Gagne-Kopitar-Richardson
Penner-Lokti-Williams
Brown-Stoll-Lewis
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth
I may switch Penner and Brown around but other than that, I like it!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Loktionov-Williams
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth
Splain something to me...why would you move Brownie over to the RW when he's been our best forward the past two games playing on the LW?

Old
12-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Splain something to me...why would you move Brownie over to the RW when he's been our best forward the past two games playing on the LW?
Brown can still play LW on the PP. That is where he looked dangerous. And Murray's right, Brown can still attack the left side in transition. It may even result in some attacks trough the middle as players cross at center ice.

I don't think Penner or Gagne have any experience on the RW and they need to be on the top 2 lines.

I believe in putting your most skilled players together.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Brown can still play LW on the PP. That is where he looked dangerous. And Murray's right, Brown can still attack the left side in transition. It may even result in some attacks trough the middle as players cross at center ice.

I don't think Penner or Gagne have any experience on the RW and they need to be on the top 2 lines.

I believe in putting your most skilled players together.
I don't think anyone's suggesting either of Gagne or Penner play on the RW.

Just put Penner on the 3LW and problem solved.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I don't think anyone's suggesting either of Gagne or Penner play on the RW.

Just put Penner on the 3LW and problem solved.
Penner isn't a 3rd line player. He still has the skill and talent to put in 20 goals this season. He needs to play with talented players.

Richardson plays better on the left too.

Brown scored over 30 playing the RW, it's not like he can't play RW.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:20 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Penner isn't a 3rd line player. He still has the skill and talent to put in 20 goals this season. He needs to play with talented players.

Richardson plays better on the left too.

Brown scored over 30 playing the RW, it's not like he can't play RW.
Penner hasn't been 1st or 2nd line player either for the kings, so, just let him play on the 3rd and hopefully he can play himself out of his struggles. Penner shouldn't be the priority right now, so to cater to his needs seem silly.

Now watch Penner score a couple tomorrow.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
I may switch Penner and Brown around but other than that, I like it!
Can I ask why? I just can't picture Penner producing at all with Stoll and Lewis as his linemates. Neither of them will create any chances. Penner might start a few but frankly I think he's too lazy to rely on for that. On the other hand, Brown often creates his own chances and he seems to fail to capitalize whenever people create chances for him anyway. Brown is pure energy when he plays his game. He hits hard and often and gets pucks to the net. Playing with a couple third liners isn't going to hamper that play.

Maybe Brown would be better on the second line as well, but it's not worth virtually guaranteeing Penner's scoreless streak continues.

IMO, of course

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Penner hasn't been 1st or 2nd line player either for the kings, so, just let him play on the 3rd and hopefully he can play himself out of his struggles. Penner shouldn't be the priority right now, so to cater to his needs seem silly.
I think Penner is definitely a priority. The Kings are one winger short of a legitimate top 6. Penner needs to be that winger until his contract comes off the books.

Anyway, Penner had a string of some good games before he got injured. He had some chances but the puck wasn't bouncing his way. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I still believe in Penner.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:44 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Can I ask why? I just can't picture Penner producing at all with Stoll and Lewis as his linemates. Neither of them will create any chances. Penner might start a few but frankly I think he's too lazy to rely on for that. On the other hand, Brown often creates his own chances and he seems to fail to capitalize whenever people create chances for him anyway. Brown is pure energy when he plays his game. He hits hard and often and gets pucks to the net. Playing with a couple third liners isn't going to hamper that play.

Maybe Brown would be better on the second line as well, but it's not worth virtually guaranteeing Penner's scoreless streak continues.

IMO, of course
My main reason is to put Penner in a situation where there isn't the pressure for him to score especially just coming off I/R. I just think Penner's one of those guys who doesn't play well under pressure.

I do think that your lines are better balanced overall though.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
My main reason is to put Penner in a situation where there isn't the pressure for him to score especially just coming off I/R. I just think Penner's one of those guys who doesn't play well under pressure.

I do think that your lines are better balanced overall though.
I can understand that. Maybe Penner isn't good under pressure, but the pressure is just going to get worse if he doesn't score soon. And I really believe Loktionov and Williams can help him do it.

Everyone talks about how Penner and Kopitar played well together, but Williams was on that line too and I remember them making some very creative passing plays together. Loktionov is super creative too, I just think that line has a ton of potential.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:44 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I think Penner is definitely a priority. The Kings are one winger short of a legitimate top 6. Penner needs to be that winger until his contract comes off the books.

Anyway, Penner had a string of some good games before he got injured. He had some chances but the puck wasn't bouncing his way. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I still believe in Penner.
Well, I definitely believe in Penner and the effort's been there. Just lacking results unfortunately.

To me, it's not a big deal which LW Penner plays, as long as Brownie is also playing on the LW. Just don't want Brownie back on the RW.

And wtf is with Westy on the 3RW nonsense?