HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Sheesh, this draft is going to be interesting. I could easily see them trading out of the first round. My initial thought as draft Kuechy, but then Ryans was signed. Then when Peters went down I figured they'd be going with an OL, then Bell was signed. Maybe now DL? Safety?

Should be interesting. I read one mock saying they might trade up to get Tannehill. That would be an absolutely horrible idea. I think there are better QB's that would be available in the 3-5 rounds than Tannehill, especially in the first, and ESPECIALLY trading up to get him. Osweiller, Wilson, Foles, and Lindley should be available in the mid to late rounds and I'd put them on the same level as Tannehill (Osweiller, Wilson, Foles), or slightly behind (Lindley). If they are going to take a QB, they should grab one of them somewhere around 3-5 rounds if you ask me.
I still say to take luke and play him next to ryan. I think having another guy who is a legit lb would be important. I have a feeling Luke is going to be a real good LB. this is the eagles though and they dont like lbs

Old
04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I still say to take luke and play him next to ryan. I think having another guy who is a legit lb would be important. I have a feeling Luke is going to be a real good LB. this is the eagles though and they dont like lbs
I'd like them to draft him too, but I think it was a stretch to think they would draft him even before Ryans signed. There are other LBs that could contribute in the later rounds, but Kuechy is I think clearly the best. I'm guessing they take Poe or Cox in the first round or trade out. Frankly that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world IMO. Kuechy might not be available. Cox I think is going to be a solid DT. Poe I am not too familiar with but he killed it at the combine. Outside of that I think a S could be had (which I think is their biggest need at the moment) in the second round if they can deal that pick for a package of 2nds or something.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Bell took a page from the Grossmann book, only he corrected everybody about his first name instead of his last. But, good signing IMO.

Old
04-04-2012, 05:48 PM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Bell took a page from the Grossmann book, only he corrected everybody about his first name instead of his last. But, good signing IMO.
Yeah, but for some reason Bell has a verified Twitter account with the name Demetrius. It's not like he just has been called by the wrong name all those years, he seems to have used the wrong name as well.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Demetress Bell agreed to a 5-year contract today.

After this season, I wonder if Bell/Peters are released or traded, or if Bell or Herremans is moved back to guard.
How are season ending injuries treated in the NFL cap wise. Is it like the NHL with LTIR, where you get the space back or does it work another way?

Old
04-04-2012, 11:18 PM
mercury

Quote:
If Kuechly is still around at #15 (I doubt it, personally), it could happen. Personally, I think they take their highest-rated DT still on the board, or trade back. I could see trading down into the 20s and picking up a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year. I hope they do not trade up unless they are going to make a huge splash (and not a Tannehill splash).

Old
04-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Anyone else hear the tape of Greg William's speech about targeting the heads of 49ers players, especially Gore and Smith? I don't doubt things similar to this go on in every locker room, but telling players to attack the head of another play during play and afterwards in piles is taking it way to far.

Old
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Anyone else hear the tape of Greg William's speech about targeting the heads of 49ers players, especially Gore and Smith? I don't doubt things similar to this go on in every locker room, but telling players to attack the head of another play during play and afterwards in piles is taking it way to far.
Meh. I have no problem with that. The only problem I have is paying someone extra to do it or giving incentives for injuring players. Saying kill his head and mess up his knee and blah blah blah to me is no big deal. It's just talk. Like you said, in the other 31 locker room I'd wager similar things are being said. The difference is that NOLA is the only team paying guys to do it.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Meh. I have no problem with that. The only problem I have is paying someone extra to do it or giving incentives for injuring players. Saying kill his head and mess up his knee and blah blah blah to me is no big deal. It's just talk. Like you said, in the other 31 locker room I'd wager similar things are being said. The difference is that NOLA is the only team paying guys to do it.
A hit to the head is pretty serious. If your telling someone to specifically target a players head, that means who want to injure him severely. There arent any gray areas in head injuries.

You can say its in the sport, but to target the area of an individual which can cause the most serious life-threatening injuries is a no go. The head and the knee are totally different.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
This is a half football half hockey related post after watching the Flyers most likely ending the Sabres season two years in a row.

The Buffalo Sabres are the Philadelphia Eagles of Hockey.

Both have, essentially, coaches for life (meaning for too long, undeservedly, though I suspect Ruff may actually get fired this offseason) who haven't won anything besides one trip to the big game in which they failed at the ultimate goal. Both made "big" splashes this past offseason and had extremely disappointing regular seasons, winning games too little, too late.

Let's see if Buffalo goes after a linebacker in the offseason

Old
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Brian Dawkins has retired.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...etire-from-nfl

Old
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Incredible player, and I still think even during his prime, he was always underrated leaguewide. I hope he re-signs for a day and retires an Eagle.

He and the Eagles have already agreed to have a "Dawkins Day" this season, just not sure which game it'll be.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Incredible player, and I still think even during his prime, he was always underrated leaguewide. I hope he re-signs for a day and retires an Eagle.

He and the Eagles have already agreed to have a "Dawkins Day" this season, just not sure which game it'll be.
He is going to retire an Eagle, and they should retire his number. He should also be in the hall of fame. I think the only defensive player with more "disruptive plays" in NFL history is Ronnie Lott.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

I'm thinking the Birds trade up or down, more likely down. I think they can drop back in the first round or even to the second round and still get a guy of similar value from the 15th pick. If they trade up it just better not be for a QB. Either way I don't see them picking at 15.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:52 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Asante to Falcons is close:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...asante-samuel/

"The Eagles reportedly want only a late-round draft pick."

Old
04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

According to twitter offically done.

Say what you want about Samuel, but a 7th round pick for a pretty good CB was a fleece.

Old
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
According to twitter offically done.

Say what you want about Samuel, but a 7th round pick for a pretty good CB was a fleece.
Damn. Samuel must have been planning on refusing to play or something or the Birds got hosed on this one. They usually one of the better trading teams out there so this is pretty surprising if that's all they are getting.

Old
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Salary dump I guess. According to this website, http://www.eaglescap.com/current.html , they almost double their cap room with the trade.

Old
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Didn't they get a 6th for Lito Sheppard? 7th round pick seems a little light for a pretty good playmaking CB.

04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
TheLegendkiller

Seems really light.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:10 PM
usualsuspect434

Gotta say I just don't understand the business side of the NFL. How can a play-maker who has been to how many pro-bowls, be worth absolutely NOTHING? I don't get it.

In the NHL, it's pretty obvious that Rick Nash isn't going to a Blue Jacket much longer, but there's still a market for him. He's a valuable asset and Columbus will be paid as such.

Not saying Asante is the Rick Nash of the NFL, but he's still a good CB. I just don't get it...
Cap space and a 7th rd pick?!? Woo freakin hoo.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Rex88

Asante would not restructure his deal and was slated BIG money thus it was cut him, deal him or pay him over 10 million this year and 11 + next year. He agreed to restructure with the Falcons at 18+ over 3 years.
A 7 is low but it means nobody was interested.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
BringBackStevens

What good is that cap space at this point of the season? How can the eagles use that room to improve the team?

Old
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Some of it can be used to extend Mccoy and Maclin.

Old
04-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Some of it can be used to extend Mccoy and Maclin.
Rogers-Cromartie deal is up soon too. So they can use that money to extend all three guys, which makes a lot more sense then paying Samuel that much money to free-lance and avoid tackling people.

Closed Thread