HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Around the NHL and the world of hockey

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 11:08 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I've wondered a bit with Cooper as the HC now:

You know how he said he'd never let the fans walk away from the arena not proud of the team? That included "sending a message" at the end of games if losing? I hate that ****. I sincerely hope we don't become the Bruins. It's really my only worry.

That includes getting pissy over other teams putting hits on. The Bruins dish it out, but they can't take it. I don't want this team to become that.

Can someone relieve me? Or am I spot on

Also. This is funny:

was that from today's game?! Rask has always been a bit of a hot head, still remember his antics in Providence.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:32 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
I thought the original deal for Iginla - Khokhlochev (sp, w/e), Bartkowski, and a 1st was bad.

Come to find out it's a conditional first.

I feel for Flames fans. That hurts. Oh, Feaster.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
Feaster Poor Flames fans.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Maybe we can get Kipper for a conditional 7th round pick and a mid-level prospect?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:50 AM
MattM92

Apparently Iginla actually traded to Pens for 1st and rights to Ken Agostino and Ben Hanowski

Old
03-28-2013, 01:00 AM
I Am Beat You

Ugh, anyone but Pittsburgh

Old
03-28-2013, 02:46 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I always like players who try to stay with the same organization their whole career. There aren't that many, so Iggy was definitely one of the special ones out there in the NHL. Although he was originally a Stars pick, he was a player I thought he would remain in Calgary to the end. That's gotta be hard for Flame fans. With the way Feaster made it known his legacy would not be as the guy who traded Vinny, I thought he might be the same with Iggy.

Vinny, Patrik Elias, Martin Brodeur, Patrick Marleau, Daniel Alfredsson, and Milan Hejduk are the only ones left to play atleast 1000 games and wear only 1 team's logo. (Shane Doan would count if you go by the staying with the same franchise. Hejduk was drafted by Quebec but he's only played with an Avs jersey on.)

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 03-28-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 04:24 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
I agree that I'd love to see Iggy win a cup, however I can never cheer for a team that has dirty players like Lucic, Marchand and Chara.
Sorry for randomly butting in, but what puts us on another level? Does anyone remember Shea Weber bashing Zetterberg's head? Bure and Messier throwing elbows? Pronger? The list goes on

Its funny seeing these videos of Yakupov, Perron, Lundqvist etc. diving this year as well as repeated cheapshots from the same team and yet somehow Bruins still have this dirty and divey rep.

Lucic and Chara really aren't that bad. They just play on the edge, no different than a lot of tough and hardnosed players. Marchand does stupid crap, but I mean you guys had Downie. Stars had Ribeiro. Pens have Cooke, and the list goes on. But I won't really judge an entire franchise off the acts of one player or a couple. And Marchand has cleaned up his act a lot.

I don't know, I tend to feel like Boston players get this rep just because they're from Boston haha. Man you should have seen Subban get Lucic up high tonight with a hit, as well as some pretty pathetic embellishment from Pleks and even Subban.

I'm sure I will get flamed by this, especially because of how bad a certain Lightning fan that I wont mention hates us haha, but really I just don't get it. I was only stopping by to see if there was any news on MSL but got distracted by this haha.

Goodnight everyone

Old
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
Feaster Poor Flames fans.
Apparently Iginla nixed the trade at the last moment? I read that he didn't want to play with the Bruins or wanted to play with the Pens more. Can't really blame Feaster or this trade when Iginla had a NMC. Iginla was driving the bus.

Quote:
Maybe we can get Kipper for a conditional 7th round pick and a mid-level prospect?
Calgary would gladly take that. Kipper already told the media that he won't report if he is traded.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Apparently Iginla nixed the trade at the last moment? I read that he didn't want to play with the Bruins or wanted to play with the Pens more. Can't really blame Feaster or this trade when Iginla had a NMC. Iginla was driving the bus.

Calgary would gladly take that. Kipper already told the media that he won't report if he is traded.
Haha that is very unfortunate news about Kipper. I'm sure Crosby had a say in Iginla's desire to move to the Pens instead, interesting turn of events for sure!

Old
03-28-2013, 10:20 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Sorry for randomly butting in, but what puts us on another level? Does anyone remember Shea Weber bashing Zetterberg's head? Bure and Messier throwing elbows? Pronger? The list goes on

Its funny seeing these videos of Yakupov, Perron, Lundqvist etc. diving this year as well as repeated cheapshots from the same team and yet somehow Bruins still have this dirty and divey rep.

Lucic and Chara really aren't that bad. They just play on the edge, no different than a lot of tough and hardnosed players. Marchand does stupid crap, but I mean you guys had Downie. Stars had Ribeiro. Pens have Cooke, and the list goes on. But I won't really judge an entire franchise off the acts of one player or a couple. And Marchand has cleaned up his act a lot.

I don't know, I tend to feel like Boston players get this rep just because they're from Boston haha. Man you should have seen Subban get Lucic up high tonight with a hit, as well as some pretty pathetic embellishment from Pleks and even Subban.

I'm sure I will get flamed by this, especially because of how bad a certain Lightning fan that I wont mention hates us haha, but really I just don't get it. I was only stopping by to see if there was any news on MSL but got distracted by this haha.

Goodnight everyone
No, you make a very valid case and there's nothing wrong with what you have said at all. Just that most of those incidents don't tend to happen against us. When we play you, more often than not Lucic runs/interferes with our goalie and Marchand dives, catches someone high or engages in some other dirty tactic. Chara tried to pick a fight with Conacher last game for god's sake. I hate Philly just as much as I hate Boston, it has nothing to do with just hating your team.

I couldn't cheer for any of Toronto, Boston, Philly, Ottawa, Buffalo or any other SE divisional team if Tampa were not in the playoffs, which is what I was originally getting at. More teams have dirty, pesky players than not but teams like Boston, Philly and Buffalo seem to have regular incidents against us, which leads me to hate them more.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:37 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal

Old
03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
MattM92

Anyone watching Iggy's presser? The guy absolutely oozes class. Such a nice guy.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:18 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
No, you make a very valid case and there's nothing wrong with what you have said at all. Just that most of those incidents don't tend to happen against us. When we play you, more often than not Lucic runs/interferes with our goalie and Marchand dives, catches someone high or engages in some other dirty tactic. Chara tried to pick a fight with Conacher last game for god's sake. I hate Philly just as much as I hate Boston, it has nothing to do with just hating your team.

I couldn't cheer for any of Toronto, Boston, Philly, Ottawa, Buffalo or any other SE divisional team if Tampa were not in the playoffs, which is what I was originally getting at. More teams have dirty, pesky players than not but teams like Boston, Philly and Buffalo seem to have regular incidents against us, which leads me to hate them more.
I see, makes sense

Old
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
DeKeyser is supposed to make his choice today. Not sure if TBL brass ever went down to make pitch, but I'm sure they expressed interest.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal

I'm going to laugh so hard if things don't come together and they get bounced in the first or second round.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I'm going to laugh so hard if things don't come together and they get bounced in the first or second round.
I wouldn't, Iginla deserves a Cup. This is probably his best chance

Old
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
I'd laugh at the Pens, but I'd cry later for Iginla =(

Old
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
CC321

The Rangers (8th) are playing Ottawa tonight at 7:30PM ET, so you all know what to do. It's time to break out the voodoo dolls.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

All of a sudden you're all Iginla fanboys? Eeesh.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:18 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Nothing to do with being a fanboy, everyone wants to see a guy who put himself into a single organization for so many years win a Cup by any means. Same thing when everyone wanted Bourque to win a Cup with the Avs.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:37 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
What's wrong with being a fan of Iginla? Guy always plays the game the right way, gives 100% every game and is a heart and soul player. Could do a lot worse than being happy for a consummate professional.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Talking with my friends today here in Calgary and most of them have already jumped on the Pens bandwagon. Most feel if is is successful and gets a cup this year he will be back with the flames next year. But they all also agree Feaster should be fired. Although most felt that way even before yesterday.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Lol my thoughts.

Still don't trust that defense in Pittsburgh and Fleury in the playoffs. It'll be hilarious to see both implode again.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
InjuredChoker

Neal-Malkin-Iginla to be a line.. hallelujah..

Closed Thread