HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opinion: I would love to see Boudreau on the leafs coaching team

Old
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM
scarlet512
Hong Kong Leaf Fan

vCash: 500
He'll just drop f bombs in the dressing room.

scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Myke

No way; in my opinion Boudreau lucked himself into an NHL job and now that he no longer has it we won't be seeing him again in this league.

Myke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I always thought Muller was the perfect coach for the young team to grow with and could handle the media
carolina is thinking the same thing.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

I would never rate a coach "top 10" just because of the players they are given to work with, its more than that.

On the other hand, Boudreau in previous years was very hard nosed, still is. But seems more "relaxed" in a sense this year with his time in washington and to be honest, I think that his change is what drove him out of town. Its to bad really.

He is a good coach no doubt and I think that whatever team he manages to find a home with will be happy with him and his slight change of personality and how he runs things.

Felstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

vCash: 155
i think washington will still not improve to be honest.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I think Boudreau is going to be interviewed for every single head coaching job until he's hired.

Guy's a great coach theres no secret about that, things got stale in Washington and I think that had much more to do with the players than it did with the coaching. Scapegoat in that situation.

Boudreau is going to have a job before the 2011/2012 season is over, and he doesn't need to sign on as an assistant in T.O.
Boudreau and Wilson were teammates in the 70's on this very team

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Vexed
Magic Marner

I can't see Boudreau coming here. Too many cooks in the kitchen in that scenario

Vexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Darcy Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
I can't see Boudreau coming here. Too many cooks in the kitchen in that scenario
yeah Boudreau's on the verge of exploding as it is.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
Want no part in this, no thank you.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:15 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Leafs all management team Have Nonis and Dudley taking backseat to Burke with Boudreau backseat to Wilson sounds good to me!

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Things in leafland are as positive as they've been in years. I don't think we should mess with the coaching staff right now.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
MVP of West Hollywd

Hell no, he has the same deficiencies as Ron Wilson

BBQ has Anaheim or Colorado written all over him IMO

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Swervin81
Magic Mitch™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP of West Hollywd View Post
Hell no, he has the same deficiencies as Ron Wilson

BBQ has Anaheim or Colorado written all over him IMO
Then welcome Randy Carlyle/Joe Sacco.

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
robdicks

Boudreau is a horrible coach.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
reza87

My only opinion of the guy is that he watches too much TV. Not games or anything, Grays Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, stuff like that. Maybe he'd get along with Wilson but I don't really want him on the team.

reza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Shizane86

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdicks View Post
Boudreau is a horrible coach.
**** boys we got to ******* give it our ******* best out there if we want to ****** win. Those ******** will try anything to ******* take those 2 ******* points. Not if I have somethig to ******* say about it.

****!

24/7 totally exposed BB as a coach. It's hard to take him seriously when he's doing nothing but spitting out foul language. Gotta realize that some players on that team don't speak perfect English. The last thing those players need is their ears being pumped with f-bombs. Bruce isn't a good coach. Just had an incredible team. Yes I know he won the jack Adams award. But I honestly don't think he deserved it. I said last night before this firing that if the caps lose the next game, hes gone. He didn't even get the last game I thought he would get.

Wilson is doing fine right now with his new coaching staff. No need to fix somethig that's not broke. Dont bring me down, Bruce.

Shizane86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Vexed
Magic Marner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizane86 View Post
**** boys we got to ******* give it our ******* best out there if we want to ****** win. Those ******** will try anything to ******* take those 2 ******* points. Not if I have somethig to ******* say about it.

****!

24/7 totally exposed BB as a coach. It's hard to take him seriously when he's doing nothing but spitting out foul language. Gotta realize that some players on that team don't speak perfect English. The last thing those players need is their ears being pumped with f-bombs. Bruce isn't a good coach. Just had an incredible team. Yes I know he won the jack Adams award. But I honestly don't think he deserved it. I said last night before this firing that if the caps lose the next game, hes gone. He didn't even get the last game I thought he would get.

Wilson is doing fine right now with his new coaching staff. No need to fix somethig that's not broke. Dont bring me down, Bruce.
lol if you think that what he said was anything near unusual.

Vexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

No, no and no. While you cant ignore his record, you also cannot ignore his inability to get his team to play defencesive hockey.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Tak7

There's going to be about 29 other teams potentially interested in this guy - he's a high caliber coach, that was badly let down by his team in Washington.

Wouldn't mind him behind the bench in Toronto either, but I also think that Wilson, if this team continues it's current play, will be due that contract extension.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Audi*

I'll keep RW over Boudreau, thanks.

Audi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

F'ing hanta f'ing yo.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
BIitz
KeepingKlingberg

vCash: 50
Boudreau actually isn't a bad coach. But, RW is doing fine right now. I think BB will get a job soon.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizane86 View Post

****!

I really don't care about the swearing. They are grown men, but when you looked at Bylsma's preparation white board (on 24/7) you could see things about their system, about their opponents system, the opponent's breakout, how pit will defend it, and a keys to victory which showed tactical advise to beating the opponent. He also had a board for inspirational messages. (The opponent happened to be Toronto).

When you looked at Boudreau's board you basically saw Capital's statistics and a few messages like "Go out there and get em".

The way Boudreau talked to his team was ridiculous too. So much Rah rah, but not a lot of substance. Bylsma was clear, communicated systems, made things simple and it seemed like the Pens were always on the same page when it came to those kinds of things.

Maybe comparing Boudreau to one of the best coaches in the league is unfair, but to me preparation doesn't seem to be Boudreau's thing. He seems to rely on "his gut" and seems to be more of an old-fashioned coach in a league where systems seem to matter more and more every year.

Here is a link on Bylsma and Boudreau's whiteboard. It's an interesting read written by a former pro hockey player Justin Bourne.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl-296937

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Eamonn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Replacing Ron Wilson with a coach who failed to take his star powered team to the 3rd round of the playoffs?

At least Wilson took the Caps to the SCF without generational talent that is going to waste. No thanks.

I don't like Ron Wilson much but I have to admit the Leafs are a very exciting team to watch and now both our specialty teams are clicking. If he doesn't get fired after 3 years of missing the playoffs, he sure as hell doesn't get fired after he has us leading the division.
His star powered team of RUSSIANS.

Eamonn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Not a fan.
All of a sudden I'm starting to think it's a good idea

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote