HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruce Boudreau Appreciation Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Ozolinsh_27

vCash: 500
Loved how Bruce contributed to the rise of the Caps organization. Even bought his book, I'll root for him wherever he ends up.

Ozolinsh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:52 AM
IafrateOvie34

Bruce is a nice guy and I wish all the best in Anaheim. It was nice to see him turn around the 2008 season and almost made the second round. Would have been a story to tell for years if he had won the Stanley Cup here with these guys. Such a shame we lost so many game 7s, especially in 2008, 09, an 10. I wish him all the best.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Great coach, lots of things to remember. There's little doubt he gets hired soon, but I want him to win Adams once more, just to prove the haters wrong.

And why some of you are calling '08 playoffs a "run"? You clearly mean '09, don't you?
We lost in OT and we had as much chance as anyone else. I still see Poti's face today. I was hoping to at least the make the ECF after that hot second half of the regular season. Makes my hate for Philly worse than ever. That is the thing that will always stick out with BB more than anything, how we made the playoffs in 08.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

BB speaks out

I didn’t see this discussed anywhere if mods think it needs to be merged with Appreciation Thread, go ahead...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...boudreauspeaks

My thoughts: BB is a class act, i wish him well in Anaheim.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Think people will even notice he replaced Carlyle until he starts speaking? Let's hope he can lead the Ducks to make a solid push for that coveted one-higher-than-the-Avs spot in the regular season standings. Best of luck.

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
I didn’t see this discussed anywhere if mods think it needs to be merged with Appreciation Thread, go ahead...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...boudreauspeaks

My thoughts: BB is a class act, i wish him well in Anaheim.
Wow that is pretty classy, now I feel bad for hating on him so much, He is a likeable guy no doubt, but it's a business and I have no doubt whatsoever he was not good enough to take this team where it needed to go. Maybe he will be better his second time around.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:03 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Bruce was a great guy in a tough business. And he had a high expectation bar, in part of having Ovi but also because he set it high through instant success.

everybody that wanted him gone, regardless of how they expressed it; and everyone that said was a good coach, were both proven correct. Fired and hired in a day says it all.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Bruce was a great guy in a tough business. And he had a high expectation bar, in part of having Ovi but also because he set it high through instant success.

everybody that wanted him gone, regardless of how they expressed it; and everyone that said was a good coach, were both proven correct. Fired and hired in a day says it all.
I would say the Bruce haters will be proven correct if he fails in Anaheim. Their contention was typically that he was a bad, fat, ice cream slurping, chickenwing gnawing coach. The smart ones realized that in hockey the message wears thin no matter who it comes from.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Dirtbag59

Did anyone see the thread on the main forum with all the variations of Bruce saying "I'm going to Disneyland"?

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
I would say the Bruce haters will be proven correct if he fails in Anaheim. Their contention was typically that he was a bad, fat, ice cream slurping, chickenwing gnawing coach. The smart ones realized that in hockey the message wears thin no matter who it comes from.
Keeping this same expectation bar of a cakewalk to 1st / presidents, sure. Otherwise, he should get a year+ before proper grading. If Carlyle was really good, his work is cut out for him.

So for today, lets just say everyone was partly right, for once.

Peace Maaaaan

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
dpj0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Completely agree - Bruce threw away the training wheels and they played like demons. That comeback against Atlanta where Nicky scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to keep the playoff run alive was a great thrill ride.
Yeah, that run to win the division was one of the most amazing things I've seen by any DC sports team.

dpj0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
atomic

Bruce turned the franchise around. Before he came along the team was in last place and couldn't give tickets away. I am sure he will do well in Anaheim. If he could take the caps to the playoffs in his first year when they were in last place he can do it with the Ducks this year. He brought exciting hockey to DC and got the most out of the talent he had on the team.

atomic is offline   Reply With Quote