HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Why are Lewis and Richardson healthy scratches?

Old
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I like Lewis, I think his abilities are well suited for the team, he is serviceable as both a center and a right wing, and he has pedigree and potential, if his hands were as good as his skating he would be a top 6 winger. I think both he and Richardson are redundant and one of them has to go and I kind of hope it is Richardson.

I would like to see him be given a better opportunity, especially on the third line right wing slot.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Still don't understand why Lewy never gets top 6 time.

I mean..Hunter has...Richardson has for extended periods of time this year and last.

Lewis played games last year with Brown and Stoll on the 2nd line and was fantastic. But it lasted what....6 games?

Why he has always been relegated to 10 minutes a game with guys like Westgarth and Clifford is beyond me. Who else things he might look good one a line with Richards and Brown? I mean the kid can play any 3 of the forward spots.....
Lewis did get some top minutes last year when he was paired with Smyth, remember? They actually had some good chemistry for awhile.

But yeah, I also think Lewis should get some top 6 minutes.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Still don't understand why Lewy never gets top 6 time.

I mean..Hunter has...Richardson has for extended periods of time this year and last.

Lewis played games last year with Brown and Stoll on the 2nd line and was fantastic. But it lasted what....6 games?

Why he has always been relegated to 10 minutes a game with guys like Westgarth and Clifford is beyond me. Who else things he might look good one a line with Richards and Brown? I mean the kid can play any 3 of the forward spots.....
So because Richardson and Hunter got 2nd line time, so should Lewis? Well then, why not you and me as well?

Lewis has three career NHL goals. Three. In over 100 games. That's why.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So because Richardson and Hunter got 2nd line time, so should Lewis? Well then, why not you and me as well?

I can't skate well enough, but if you can I'm sure you'd be just as productive.....

What has Hunter done exactly, besides whiffing and shanking 2 shots last game to warrent top line?

He just got done saying Lewis looked good during his short time in the top 6 last year. Why not give that a shot before putting Hunter of all people on the top line.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Johnny Utah

Maybe Richardson should be playing but Lewis has been invisible this year.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

It's really interesting to read the discussion back-and-forth above, but all it really points to is just about everyone on this team save Kopitar and Richards are under-performing this year, and that is the main reason why a team picked to contend for the Cup this year (and some in the media are STILL picking to win it all - go figure) is presently wobbling from game to game.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
It's really interesting to read the discussion back-and-forth above, but all it really points to is just about everyone on this team save Kopitar and Richards are under-performing this year, and that is the main reason why a team picked to contend for the Cup this year (and some in the media are STILL picking to win it all - go figure) is presently wobbling from game to game.
Damn it.... no more sanity around here. No more.

On a more productive note.... do you let the current coaching staff see this slump through? Do you change staff? Players?

Is it all the changes this summer, the combination of taking away so many and adding so many players, that have this team playing so confused and disorganized?

Does time and time alone cure this weird illness?

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Johnny Utah

F everyone. Here is the bottom line.

The bottom 11 forwards have 5 goals. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Stoll - 2 goals
Clifford - 1 goal
Hunter - 0
Lewis - 0
Richardson - 0
Moreau - 0
Fraser - 1 goal
Westgarth 1 goal

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Great post and I am banking on it...I really believe once these guys get to know each other more they will be an awesome collection of players...just don't know if there is enough time this season for it to happen.

Unlike many of you, I don't have a problem with Murray as coach, for the most part.

Then again, I was very pissed off that Hunter was allowed to play and miss a wide open net the other night...but that really is on Hunter, isn't it now?

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Dustin Penner also has ZERO goals this season, a whopping THREE goals in like 50 games as a King, but Murray can't wait to get him back in the line-up!!

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Dustin Penner also has ZERO goals this season, a whopping THREE goals in like 50 games as a King, but Murray can't wait to get him back in the line-up!!
There is a good reason for that. As much as some people hate to admit it, Penner and to a lesser extent, Hunter and Stoll, have all actually scored goals at an NHL level. That is something you can't say for Richardson, Fraser, Westgarth, Lewis and Clifford. Now I'll give Trevor Lewis and Clifford the benefit of the doubt because they are second year guys playing 4th line minutes last year but the others have no track record of scoring and have been in the league for a while. I can understand why Murray would want to play guys who have actually produced at one time or another over those that haven't.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
There is a good reason for that. As much as some people hate to admit it, Penner and to a lesser extent, Hunter and Stoll, have all actually scored goals at an NHL level. That is something you can't say for Richardson, Fraser, Westgarth, Lewis and Clifford. Now I'll give Trevor Lewis and Clifford the benefit of the doubt because they are second year guys playing 4th line minutes last year but the others have no track record of scoring and have been in the league for a while. I can understand why Murray would want to play guys who have actually produced at one time or another over those that haven't.
I don't know about that...maybe you should take a poll, how many of us fans would rather see Richardson playing with Kopitar than Penner?

Penner is a bum.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dump on Penner all you want, but he is the best we have for the job. I can't wait to get him back in the lineup either. I'd prefer him on the left side though:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Richards-Williams

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I can't skate well enough, but if you can I'm sure you'd be just as productive.....

What has Hunter done exactly, besides whiffing and shanking 2 shots last game to warrent top line?

He just got done saying Lewis looked good during his short time in the top 6 last year. Why not give that a shot before putting Hunter of all people on the top line.
It's okay I hurt Kingsfans feelings by saying Simmonds wasn't and isn't that good in the other thread so he'll just take pokes at whatever I say.

Look, Richardson, Simmonds, Hunter, Loktionov, Parse, Dwight ****ing King. They all got shots at the top 6 either this year or last year. Lewis played a mere 5-6 games where he actually recorded a goal and had 2 or 3 assists and showed some decent chemistry with Brown/Smyth.

We've already hashed through almost the entire lineup trying to find some offense. Why not move Lewis to the top 6 for more then 4 games? If it's because of the whole he only has 3 career goals things...well Dwight King went IMMEDIATELY to the 1st line with ZERO career goals. Scott Parse IMMEDIATELY went to the top 6 with ZERO career goals. Hunter has ZERO goals and will be playing in the top 6 tonight. So there goes that argument.

It's like, okay you tell the guy he isn't scoring enough, but night in and night out look who his linemates are? Other guys who aren't producing. If anything you give him a top 6 look maybe to get his confidence back a bit, get him a few points and get him to loosen up the grip on his stick moving forward.

but again, to expect consistent production from your 4th line center when he is paired with garbage. It's not going to happen. People are already saying perhaps Lewis should move on. Lewis hasn't nearly got the shot at offensive situations like Richardson has. Richardson was paired with Kopitar and Richards/Brown for an extended period of time. Lewis, again has played barely any games in the top 6.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Dump on Penner all you want, but he is the best we have for the job. I can't wait to get him back in the lineup either. I'd prefer him on the left side though:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Richards-Williams
I like those lines also the Penner-Kopi-Williams line seemed to have good chemistry last year before Williams got hurt, I wouldn't mind seeing how they work again.

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Richards-Williams

Brown on one side, Penner on the other....Kopitar will be on suicide watch.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post

Maybe, just maybe, none of them should be playing on the 2nd line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Maybe Richardson should be playing but Lewis has been invisible this year.
They both have been invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
F everyone. Here is the bottom line.

The bottom 11 forwards have 5 goals. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Stoll - 2 goals
Clifford - 1 goal
Hunter - 0
Lewis - 0
Richardson - 0
Moreau - 0
Fraser - 1 goal
Westgarth 1 goal
Exactly what I've been saying for a month now.

Quote:
It's okay I hurt Kingsfans feelings by saying Simmonds wasn't and isn't that good in the other thread so he'll just take pokes at whatever I say.

Look, Richardson, Simmonds, Hunter, Loktionov, Parse, Dwight ****ing King. They all got shots at the top 6 either this year or last year. Lewis played a mere 5-6 games where he actually recorded a goal and had 2 or 3 assists and showed some decent chemistry with Brown/Smyth.

We've already hashed through almost the entire lineup trying to find some offense. Why not move Lewis to the top 6 for more then 4 games? If it's because of the whole he only has 3 career goals things...well Dwight King went IMMEDIATELY to the 1st line with ZERO career goals. Scott Parse IMMEDIATELY went to the top 6 with ZERO career goals. Hunter has ZERO goals and will be playing in the top 6 tonight. So there goes that argument.

It's like, okay you tell the guy he isn't scoring enough, but night in and night out look who his linemates are? Other guys who aren't producing. If anything you give him a top 6 look maybe to get his confidence back a bit, get him a few points and get him to loosen up the grip on his stick moving forward.

but again, to expect consistent production from your 4th line center when he is paired with garbage. It's not going to happen. People are already saying perhaps Lewis should move on. Lewis hasn't nearly got the shot at offensive situations like Richardson has. Richardson was paired with Kopitar and Richards/Brown for an extended period of time. Lewis, again has played barely any games in the top 6.
Love your posts, they are so educated. Not even sure what the bolded part has to do with this thread, and really is just trolling, but you keep on doing your thing. Btw, maybe go read that other thread and see what my response was.

"Look, Richardson, Simmonds, Hunter, Loktionov, Parse, Dwight ****ing King. They all got shots at the top 6 either this year or last year."

So did Lewis last year, you said it yourself. You might think he had chemistry, but obviously TM didn't or he'd get another shot.

"If it's because of the whole he only has 3 career goals things...well Dwight King went IMMEDIATELY to the 1st line with ZERO career goals. Scott Parse IMMEDIATELY went to the top 6 with ZERO career goals. Hunter has ZERO goals and will be playing in the top 6 tonight. So there goes that argument."

Parse and King also didn't have 100 NHL games under their belts either. If King had 100+ NHL games under his belt at that moment in time, do you think he'd get that 1st line shot? I don't think so. Same with Parse (plus TM has a clear hard-on for Parse which adds to the issue). Hunter meanwhile has no goals thus far, but at least has shown in the past the ability to score.

Really though, I'm not advocating Lewis doesn't get a top 6 shot. Play him on the top six, give it a go. I'm simply stating why I think TM isn't giving Lewis a shot and really it's not that hard to believe. If you want to kickstart the offense, why would you go to the guy with the worst goals-per-game ratio in his career, outside of Westgarth? Is that really a big shock to anyone?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote