Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Dukla Trenčín vs. Slovak National Team Exhibition

Old
11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Dukla Trenčín vs. Slovak National Team Exhibition

Tomorrow on the 29th of November there will be an exhibition game played between Dukla Trenčín and the Slovak national team in honor of Pavol Demitra. Tomorrow would have been his 37th birthday.

Slovakia squad for the game:
Goalies: Branislav Konrád (HC Slovan Bratislava), Juraj Šimboch (HK Nitra),
Deffense: Marek Ďaloga, Ján Mucha (obaja HKm Zvolen), Ivan Jankovič (HK 36 Skalica), Michal Novák, Ján Tabaček (obaja HC Košice), Radoslav Suchý (HK Poprad), Milan Hruška (HK Nitra), Ivan Švarný (HC Slovan Bratislava)
Forwards: Libor Hudáček, Roman Kukumberg, Miroslav Šatan, Martin Bakoš (všetci HC Slovan Bratislava), Michel Miklík, Vladimír Dravecký, Marcel Haščák (všetci HC Košice), Branislav Jánoš (ŠHK 37 Piešťany), Patrik Lušňák, Žigmund Pálffy, René Školiak (všetci HK 36 Skalica), Michael Vandas (HK Poprad)

The jerseys that the teams will play in:

I hope these will be auctioned just like the white set of jerseys from Deutschland Cup. (money will go to Slovak youth hockey).

At the exhibition game it will be also possible to buy a newly written about Pavol´s life, which will be baptized there:
http://www.gorila.sk/product/370887?...FaEhtAodVGiypQ

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Classy gesture for sure. Such a great man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post

At the exhibition game it will be also possible to buy a newly written about Pavol´s life, which will be baptized there:
I think you were looking for another word other than 'baptized'. Baptize in English is when Christians get dunked in water to be blessed or whatever.

I don't they are going to Baptize his book, are they?

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Classy gesture for sure. Such a great man.

I think you were looking for another word other than 'baptized'. Baptize in English is when Christians get dunked in water to be blessed or whatever.

I don't they are going to Baptize his book, are they?
Well, when a new book or CD or something gets out over here, it is usually "pokrstené", doesn´t have to be by water like the christians, can be for example by ice when it is a book about hockey or by wine or whatever. Maybe you guys use a different word for this? Here´s a pciture of the "krst":

http://www.hokejportal.net/?q=clanok...-demitru/36659

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Well, when a new book or CD or something gets out over here, it is usually "pokrstené", doesn´t have to be by water like the christians, can be for example by ice when it is a book about hockey or by wine or whatever. Maybe you guys use a different word for this? Here´s a pciture of the "krst":

http://www.hokejportal.net/?q=clanok...-demitru/36659
Wow. I guess Baptize was really the word. Never seen anything like that before. I guess you could say they ''blessed'' the book but Baptize also works.

Just nothing I've seen before, that's all. North America usually tries to shy away from stuff like that in public because they don't want to offend any religion. If a hockey team did on the ice there would be outage because alot of people would say it ''anti-(whatever religion)''.

But I need to find a copy of that book. Hopefully Amazon carries it. Don't know if Slovak store will ship to the US.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote