Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty suspended three games.

Old
11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Tommy35

vCash: 500
3 is OK but 5 would of been better, deliberate head shot., but the whinning fans here already called neuf un un to complain

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
masterquan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You haven't seen the Habs board.
i have its hilarious

masterquan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:21 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Check out the video. Little **** took the time to admire his handiwork when Letang crumbled to the ice.

When all is said and done, history is going to remember Pacioretty as being a dirtier, sneakier player than Milan Lucic.
Also in the video, Matt "I'm totally not a ********* and have never deliberately injured an opposing player with an illegal, scummy hit" Cooke is the first one over to Letang.

There's something there to hate him about, I can't figure it out, like "So this is what happened to Savard?"

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
badbrewin

The habs' organization should show some class and hold a press conference acknowledging their agreement with the decision AND open a formal police investigation. It's the right thing to do.

badbrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquan14 View Post
i have its hilarious
23 pages so far and counting

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Check out the video. Little **** took the time to admire his handiwork when Letang crumbled to the ice.

When all is said and done, history is going to remember Pacioretty as being a dirtier, sneakier player than Milan Lucic.
You realize he looked because he felt bad and went to seek out letang asap and apologized. This isn't to say he doesn't deserve suspension, he does, but i'm not sure what he was 'admiring' as you saw in his face he was visibly unhappy about the hit. He shook his head several times on the bench, upset at himself. Again, it doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended. Just saying, he wasn't 'admiring' it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Pen hits Bruin
Bruin hits Hab
Hab hits Pen

Now that things have come full circle, can we be done with this?

And of course the answer is no, but hopefully this chapter of bs can be done with.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
TD74

90% of the schabs posts all reference those fn bruins......and try to somehow paint themselves as the victims once again and the world is against them.....well....do I leave the radio on 990 tomorrow while visiting my customers.....lets see!

TD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Seriously though, good. He deserved 3.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
*Just a reminder to the board -- All contributions to Brendan Shanahan and Operation: "Infuriate and humiliate all habs fans at all costs, so Lucic and Chara can run over the rest of the NHL" must be sent before the next B's game on Wednesday. And of course, collected annually so we can buy another Stanley Cup.
LMAOOO... that's pretty funny... my check's already in the mail ....

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
Pen hits Bruin
Bruin hits Hab
Hab hits Pen

And of course the answer is no, but hopefully this chapter of bs can be done with.
LOL nice circle there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD74 View Post
90% of the schabs posts all reference those fn bruins......and try to somehow paint themselves as the victims once again and the world is against them.....well....do I leave the radio on 990 tomorrow while visiting my customers.....lets see!

You expect objective analysis on sports radio? You know better, living in the area.

Old
11-28-2011, 08:35 PM
remer

Absolute sickness on the part of Hab fans. 24 HF pages already and it simply can be said that hab fans are dillusional. The crying is ridiculous and in some way it is Boston's fault. The cries of Chara's hit, Lucic hitting Millar and Ference's hit on Halpern were so much worst that Pacioretty's and the bruins get away with it and the Habs do not. What is wrong with them? They are serious Scabs.
You have to love hearing all their excuses. He is suspended because he is a Hab. Gary Bettman is to blame becuase Montreal has won too many cups. Justifying Pacioritty's hit because he didn't mean it. He said sorry. Letang came back. The refs didn't call a penalty. Letang must have saw him. A broken nose is not as bad as a broken neck.
WOW! Talk about sick fans. They are seriously dillusional and I hope that every game this year the Bruins pound them and beat them. Someone has to pound PK Subban and make sure he puts an end to his faking injuries.
Just amazing how physco they are.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Well, there ARE lots of half-way intelligent Habs fans in this place. Unfortunately for that thread and fortunately for our amusement, they all took the night off. I haven't seen so many conspiracy theories all in one place since the West Coast crowd went to see JFK.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:52 PM
chuckdobbins

Not all that surprised. Anything between 0 and 5 wouldn't have shocked me really. I expected 1 or 2 cuz he kept the elbow down, but I suppose at the end of the day it's still contact straight to the dome, and Shanny ain't having it anymore.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:59 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Habs fans

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You realize he looked because he felt bad and went to seek out letang asap and apologized. This isn't to say he doesn't deserve suspension, he does, but i'm not sure what he was 'admiring' as you saw in his face he was visibly unhappy about the hit. He shook his head several times on the bench, upset at himself. Again, it doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended. Just saying, he wasn't 'admiring' it.
And Paille apologized to Sawada after his hit last year. Similar incidents through and through. Biggest difference is the on ice punishment. Paille got a major and a game misconduct and Patches got nothing.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
Pen hits Bruin
Bruin hits Hab
Hab hits Pen

Not until Bruin hits Pen, Pen hits Hab and Hab hts Bruin.

Last edited by sarge88: 11-28-2011 at 09:17 PM.
sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
And Paille apologized to Sawada after his hit last year. Similar incidents through and through. Biggest difference is the on ice punishment. Paille got a major and a game misconduct and Patches got nothing.
On ice punishment is based on referees. I also felt Lucic hit on Miller was a 5, and so did guys like Bob Mckenzie and GM's felt it was a suspension. The on ice part, is the official's business. **** gets missed or mistaken, it happens. When reviewing a hit, it was suspended and I have no problem with that, never said I do. I had issue with the notion maxpac is dirty and was admiring the hit. Even letang has said several times he doesnt see max as a dirty player. I wasn't saying he didn't deserve to be suspended.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
He needlessly targeted Letang's head, then spun around and looked down at him before rejoining the play. If that were Chara, HF would still be shut down.

Stevie Johnson apologized to Plaxico Burress over the weekend and said he felt really bad, but do you think he felt bad in the instant that he crossed the line? Hell no.

There's this perception among fans and even in the media that Max Pacioretty is a clean, saintly player who would only cross the line by mistake. He's not, he's showing himself to be a "borderline" player of the Mike Richards variety (but cheaper), and after this incident he's already been suspended for longer than Lucic has in many more games.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/nhlx.jpg/

This is awesome, because it is so far from the truth. Lots of rage posting going on.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:12 PM
patty59

Glad to see that they are keeping up with suspending blindside hits. This type of hit isn't necessary and it's completely avoidable. I'm all for hard hitting hockey, but I want hits that aim to remove a player from the puck not a player from the game.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
He needlessly targeted Letang's head, then spun around and looked down at him before rejoining the play. If that were Chara, HF would still be shut down.

Stevie Johnson apologized to Plaxico Burress over the weekend and said he felt really bad, but do you think he felt bad in the instant that he crossed the line? Hell no.

There's this perception among fans and even in the media that Max Pacioretty is a clean, saintly player who would only cross the line by mistake. He's not, he's showing himself to be a "borderline" player of the Mike Richards variety (but cheaper), and after this incident he's already been suspended for longer than Lucic has in many more games.
I agree that Max hit letang in a vulnerable position but I won't agree he 'targeted' the head.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:16 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/nhlx.jpg/

This is awesome, because it is so far from the truth. Lots of rage posting going on.

They conveniently left off;

Bruin player concussed and had career ended by Penguin ---- no suspension

and

Canadien player breaks stick on Bruins players head ----- no suspension

and

Canadien player takes gloved jab to the face from Bruin after charging at Bruin ----- Bruin Suspended

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:18 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
I agree that Max hit letang in a vulnerable position but I won't agree he 'targeted' the head.
...because he's saintly and would never do such a thing.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
...because he's saintly and would never do such a thing.
Of course. Agree to disagree.