Notices

Pacioretty suspended three games.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:10 AM
brec7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What I don't get is what the Bruins have to do with this. Letang plays for the Penguins. Obsessed much?
Same level of obsession that allows threads like this that have nothing to do with Boston to go on for 4 (minimum) pages?

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

"Off to Shanny's house next!"

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
sqweaf*

Some idiot I work with from Montreal keeps saying that Colin Campbell help Shanny make this decision. Seriously is there a way to just never hear a Hab fan talk ever again

sqweaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:24 AM
ytownhockey10
tornado of souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuuka4079 View Post
Some idiot I work with from Montreal keeps saying that Colin Campbell help Shanny make this decision. Seriously is there a way to just never hear a Hab fan talk ever again
$20!

ytownhockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

I think the mindset of Habs fans at large is embodied perfectly in the attitude of Brian O'Halloran's character in Clerks (the original film, not the sequel).

In all honest, it was the right call. It could have been 2 games and been aligned with the Rags/Flyers incident earlier in the year, but I have no problem with 3 games.

What this does bring up though is a larger discussion point- is the criteria being used to set the penalty decision and terms the right criteria? It's better than the old way of having no real criteria at all, but there is a large possibility that the criteria could be refined to provide what some might deem, fairer judgments. Like I said though, that is a larger discussion and likely one for another day.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
Same level of obsession that allows threads like this that have nothing to do with Boston to go on for 4 (minimum) pages?
Headshots have nothing to do with Boston? Fascinating take.

Aside from the fact that Boston has been royally screwed by hits to the head, EVERY hockey fan -- regardless of which team they root for -- should have an interest in this and EVERY blindside hit that happens and the repercussions.

Yes, since it involves a Canadiens player there's more discussion. They are the bitter rivals. They are in the same division.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:50 AM
gtbruins

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. A Habs fan I know recently tried explaining to me that the 911 calls after the Pacioretty hit were rumors created in Boston. He said there's no evidence for the actual calls. I know for a fact that the investigation was underway, but I've only heard that the 911 calls were formed on a local Montreal talk radio. Could anyone explain that situation to me?

gtbruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbruins View Post
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. A Habs fan I know recently tried explaining to me that the 911 calls after the Pacioretty hit were rumors created in Boston. He said there's no evidence for the actual calls. I know for a fact that the investigation was underway, but I've only heard that the 911 calls were formed on a local Montreal talk radio. Could anyone explain that situation to me?
A talk radio host suggested that fans call 911, and some lemmings did it.

I'm sure numbers have been exaggerated by Boston media types, but it did happen.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:53 AM
BREWINZ

I think Shanahan got this one right. It was fair.

BREWINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:54 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Check out the video. Little **** took the time to admire his handiwork when Letang crumbled to the ice.

When all is said and done, history is going to remember Pacioretty as being a dirtier, sneakier player than Milan Lucic.
Even the sabres players, or specifically Gaustad, said Lucic is a honest hard working player. It's true. Ya he has a hot head and will try to goad people into a fight when they start **** with him, but that's part of why he's awesome.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:55 AM
ytownhockey10
tornado of souls

Quote:
i can't really help you by answering your question, but i thought it was worth sharing that i was corrected by a habs fan after i accused his brethren of "abusing 9-1-1." he replied that nobody he knew called 9-1-1, but that some people may have called "Nuff-uh-uh"

ytownhockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
sqweaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytownhockey10 View Post
$20!

I will scoop those up tonight. Its starting to get cold here as well

sqweaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Not unless CBC news Canada is based in Boston:

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Pacioretty's hit on Letang was VERY similar to Paille's hit on Sawada last year. Both came on the backcheck and from the blindside as the player came over the blue line into the offensive zone.

Result:

Paille suspended for 4 games.

Pacioretty suspended for 3 games.

Oh, the bias, inhumanity and horror of it all.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Did Air Canada come out and say anything ?

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
A talk radio host suggested that fans call 911, and some lemmings did it.

I'm sure numbers have been exaggerated by Boston media types, but it did happen.
I don't know, remember when the Montreal Police sargent, something like Lafrene? (lah-fren-yair?) called in to Felger and Mazz and stated that their offices were actually flooded with calls in regards to the hit.

Personally I don't blame the cops for taking the investigation, they were pretty much obligated to. The real blame falls on the citizens and public officials/businesses doing the same, demanding justice. When cops receive that much pressure, it's their job to carry it out...and I bet anything that behind the scenes, they thought it was a crock and were taking their sweet time with it because they were busy doing other things, and on the surface they took it seriously to appease the cry babies

Old
11-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I don't know, remember when the Montreal Police sargent, something like Lafrene? (lah-fren-yair?) called in to Felger and Mazz and stated that their offices were actually flooded with calls in regards to the hit.

Personally I don't blame the cops for taking the investigation, they were pretty much obligated to. The real blame falls on the citizens and public officials/businesses doing the same, demanding justice. When cops receive that much pressure, it's their job to carry it out...and I bet anything that behind the scenes, they thought it was a crock and were taking their sweet time with it because they were busy doing other things, and on the surface they took it seriously to appease the cry babies
Flooded is a subjective term. Boston media made it sound like every man, woman, and child called 911 repeatedly about the hit. In reality, I'm sure it was more like a very vocal minority.

Stop making me defend them, please and thank you.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
gtbruins

Thanks for the help on the question! I really appreciate it!

gtbruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
Hockey fans are going to discuss a headshot and subsequent suspension, no matter what team is involved. We don't don't focus on the Bruins here to the exclusion of everything else.

If a Bruins player took a headshot from a Rangers player and three out of every four posts discussing it referenced the Canadiens, then you might have a point.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Flooded is a subjective term. Boston media made it sound like every man, woman, and child called 911 repeatedly about the hit. In reality, I'm sure it was more like a very vocal minority.

ha ya, I don't think it was that many people. Surely a very vocal minority. And all it would take is about 100 people calling in every few minutes following the hit to "flood" the station, how big is their police force anyways?

Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

From the CBC story Kaoz linked:

Quote:
Police say they have been inundated with calls from people seeking to file a criminal complaint against the Boston Bruins defenceman.

The calls demanding criminal charges began Wednesday afternoon, shortly after the NHL announced it would neither suspend nor fine Chara for a brutal hit on the Habs' Max Pacioretty.

While the league closed the books on the incident, and even Montreal Canadiens players remained tight-lipped, many of the team's livid fans demanded action.

Police say their emergency call centre started getting flooded around 4 p.m. -- after the NHL announced its decision.
Those are comments from the cops, not the Boston media. Sure, the media ran with it, but they didn't create it.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuuka4079 View Post
I will scoop those up tonight. Its starting to get cold here as well
With all the hot air from the Habs fans complaining about the suspension, I doubt it.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Montreal fans are really going to **** bricks if the NHL ever has the nads to crack down on PK Subban's slew footing.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Good call by Shanny.

Hits to the head can not be allowed. The players can learn from the film Shanny shows with the explainations for his decisions.

By now it should be clear to everyone that if you hit another player in the head you will sit out a couple of games.

11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Neely08

Quote:

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote