HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Future of Phily in goal

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Thundermare

vCash: 500
Future of Phily in goal

Just wondering what are your toughts on these Phily prospects in goal?

- Bernd Bruckler

- David Tremblay

- Rejean Beauchemin

- Dov Grumet-Morris

- Roman Malek (not really a prospect but more of a will he come)

What do you know of these guys and what do you expect fron each of them

P.S. before you ask I didn't put Niittymäki cause I think he'll be number two as of this year

Old
09-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Dr Love

I expect them all to backup Robert Esche for quite some time.

Old
09-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Jester

mostly trade bait.

Old
09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
mostly trade bait.

Yeah, Esche is number one

Old
09-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Thundermare

Okay I think that's already clear... but aside from that you see any of them with NHL future???

Old
09-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender
Okay I think that's already clear... but aside from that you see any of them with NHL future???
I think Tremblay has the most potential, for one he's from Quebec.
And for two he carried his team to the memorial cup.
I would hold on to him and see how he progresses.

Old
09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I think Tremblay has the most potential, for one he's from Quebec.
And for two he carried his team to the memorial cup.
I would hold on to him and see how he progresses.
Personally, I think Beauchemin's shown more than Tremblay. I think Tremblay benefited from a very good team. Hell, Beauchemin may be Canada's WJC goalie this year.

Old
09-10-2004, 06:57 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Personally, I think Beauchemin's shown more than Tremblay. I think Tremblay benefited from a very good team. Hell, Beauchemin may be Canada's WJC goalie this year.
Actually, that is not a fair statement at all. Beauchemin has come A LONG way since joining the Hull Olympiques (or Gatineau Olympiques). Truth of the matter is that Tremblay is a great prospect and so is Beauchemin. The only reason why Beauchemin was called up during the Philadelphia playoff run was because Tremblay was in the middle of a playoff run himself. And I'll also add this about Tremblay. He beat some of the "great" goaltending prospects during the QMJHL playoffs. You can say all what you want about the team in front of him, but truth of the matter is that the goalie is the last line of defence and Tremblay proved every bit of his worth. As for Esche being number 1 for quite some time, I'm gonna hold off on that until Niitymaki is finally ready. Niitymaki showed last season he could step in and play with the best. Truth of the matter is that we have some very, very good goaltending prospects that we haven't had in quite some time.

Old
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
Actually, that is not a fair statement at all. Beauchemin has come A LONG way since joining the Hull Olympiques (or Gatineau Olympiques). Truth of the matter is that Tremblay is a great prospect and so is Beauchemin. The only reason why Beauchemin was called up during the Philadelphia playoff run was because Tremblay was in the middle of a playoff run himself. And I'll also add this about Tremblay. He beat some of the "great" goaltending prospects during the QMJHL playoffs. You can say all what you want about the team in front of him, but truth of the matter is that the goalie is the last line of defence and Tremblay proved every bit of his worth. As for Esche being number 1 for quite some time, I'm gonna hold off on that until Niitymaki is finally ready. Niitymaki showed last season he could step in and play with the best. Truth of the matter is that we have some very, very good goaltending prospects that we haven't had in quite some time.
I never said Tremblay sucked, but I DO feel he benefited from a great team. My statement was more high marks for Beauchemin than a Tremblay sucks comment.

Old
09-10-2004, 08:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
I think the Flyers are pretty content to have Esche-1 Niittymaki-2 right now.

Old
09-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I never said Tremblay sucked, but I DO feel he benefited from a great team. My statement was more high marks for Beauchemin than a Tremblay sucks comment.
The funny thing is that these where the two I first wanted to ask about... but after thinking about it I decided to include all the other as well. I really like Beauchemin long term potentiel... And I too think Tremblay had a lot better team in front and therefore benefit from it... wich dosn't mean he wasn't ghood... but that sure helped him a bit

Old
09-11-2004, 10:37 AM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I think the Flyers are pretty content to have Esche-1 Niittymaki-2 right now.
With Clarke as GM he will never be happy with his goalie unless Bernie comes back.

Old
09-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Beauchemin and Tremblay both look to have good long-term outlooks. Don't forget about Chris Houle too. He took over Fleury's spot in Cape Breton (and posting good numbers) while M-A was sucking it up in Steeltown. Probably a bit of a project, but French-Canadian goalies can never be overlooked.

Old
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
fan mao rong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
Actually, that is not a fair statement at all. Beauchemin has come A LONG way since joining the Hull Olympiques (or Gatineau Olympiques).
I have Beauchemin as a member of the Prince Albert Raiders(?).

Old
09-13-2004, 02:24 PM
renberg

The Flyers have a string of good goalies. The question is which one of them will make the next step and be exceptional. I don't think that Esche will do that. He'll be good but not the kind of goalie that can steal a late playoff series like Parent or Lindberg. Maybe one of these young guys will go down that road. Last year Nittymaki did show signs of brilliance. He might have a chance.

Old
09-13-2004, 02:27 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by renberg
The Flyers have a string of good goalies. The question is which one of them will make the next step and be exceptional. I don't think that Esche will do that. He'll be good but not the kind of goalie that can steal a late playoff series like Parent or Lindberg. Maybe one of these young guys will go down that road. Last year Nittymaki did show signs of brilliance. He might have a chance.
You didn't happen to see Esche in last year's playoffs did you? He routinely stopped 30-40 shots per game and the team won. WC performance was also something to see, pretty much all of the goals except for Kozlov's, he had no chance on. You can say a guy is an elite goalie, but I'd love to see Parent or Lindbergh try to stop Koivu at the side of the net when Koivu had no D on him and 1/2 the net to shoot at. (Not dissing Bernie or Pelle, just an example). It's too early to write off Esche.

Old
09-19-2004, 08:00 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Beauchemin and Tremblay both look to have good long-term outlooks. Don't forget about Chris Houle too. He took over Fleury's spot in Cape Breton (and posting good numbers) while M-A was sucking it up in Steeltown. Probably a bit of a project, but French-Canadian goalies can never be overlooked.
Martin Houle plays for CB, Chris Houle plays for the Trenton Titans, and is from Ontario. BTW Fleury wasnt sucking it up.

Old
09-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Ok but he didnt make the best impression

Old
09-19-2004, 08:20 PM
User571

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
Ok but he didnt make the best impression
His season can be described as one of those rolller coasters that goes up really high, but then drops even lower than it started.

Old
09-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Blindside9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
Martin Houle plays for CB, Chris Houle plays for the Trenton Titans, and is from Ontario. BTW Fleury wasnt sucking it up.
I stand corrected, I meant Martin, the Flyers draftee from the '04 draft.
And BTW Fleury is on my sh... um, crap-list after he fired the puck right off the Canada defender in the WJC's for the winning/losing goal. Idiot, rinks have boards for a reason.

Old
09-19-2004, 08:29 PM
User571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
I stand corrected, I meant Martin, the Flyers draftee from the '04 draft.
And BTW Fleury is on my sh... um, crap-list after he fired the puck right off the Canada defender in the WJC's for the winning/losing goal. Idiot, rinks have boards for a reason.
He got Canada a silver and 2003 when they didnt even deserve medal. Dont worry he'll make up for it in a future Olympic/World Cup Im sure.

Old
09-19-2004, 08:50 PM
flyersrock1

Quote:
He got Canada a silver and 2003 when they didnt even deserve medal. Dont worry he'll make up for it in a future Olympic/World Cup Im sure.
Hope so but I remember them saying the same thing about Jimmy Wait and Stefon Fiset.

Old
09-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Blindside9711

Quote:
Not to open a can of worms, but how can you say we didn't deserve a medal? We had a far superior team to the USA... on paper anyways. Fleury had to be our best player in the tourney and he clearly wasn't. A more accurate statement would be, "Canada got a silver in spite of Fleury's poor play."

Old
09-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
What does everyone think about Brucklers chances

Closed Thread