HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jaime Lundmark is an Idiot

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2004, 03:55 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Jaime Lundmark is an Idiot

Jaime Lundmark is and Idiot. Stop negotiating over trivial things and go to Hartford and get your game in line. Jaime, you scored two goals last year, you dont have alot of negotiating power. Just take the 35 grand and play and dont worry about the guarantee of your NHL salary.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
RoyKeane16

I wouldn't go as far as calling the man an idiot. Perhaps he has plans on playing in Europe...

Old
09-16-2004, 05:23 PM
jaywills1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Jaime Lundmark is and Idiot. Stop negotiating over trivial things and go to Hartford and get your game in line. Jaime, you scored two goals last year, you dont have alot of negotiating power. Just take the 35 grand and play and dont worry about the guarantee of your NHL salary.
whos the idiot now??? lol

Old
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
NYR469

if your boss told you to go to work during your same job for 3% what you are currently being paid would you agree to it?? bullsh!t you would...you would have an absolute cow...

by playing in hartford lundmark would be taking a 97% paycut...he could make far more than that playing in europe...

it is absolutely histerical how people bash players for 'being greedy' when in reality they are doing exactly what any person in their right mind would do...

when you are willing to take a 97% paycut then you can talk about lundmark's willingness to do so

Old
09-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Kubera55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
if your boss told you to go to work during your same job for 3% what you are currently being paid would you agree to it?? bullsh!t you would...you would have an absolute cow...

by playing in hartford lundmark would be taking a 97% paycut...he could make far more than that playing in europe...

it is absolutely histerical how people bash players for 'being greedy' when in reality they are doing exactly what any person in their right mind would do...

when you are willing to take a 97% paycut then you can talk about lundmark's willingness to do so

Well said!

Jeezus, the guy has about a MILLION reasons not to want to show up in Hartford under that deal. What if he has a Stef Cherneski incident while in the AHL? Are you going to give him a million dollars?

Lundmark isn't one of those guys with $50 million in the bank holding out for another $2 million. If he's been smart and saved his pennies, he might have a Million or so in the Bank... which may sound like a lot, till you realize that he's 24 and has a whole lot of living left to do. And it's not like he's got a lot of other highly paid career options (go ask Stef Cherneski again).

Old
09-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Are you his agent? How do you know that he hasn't already signed a contract and the Rangers (as usual) are just slow to announce it? Or that there are insurance issues that have to be ironed out first?

And while you're at it, why don't you bash LaBarbera too. He's been equally slow (19 hours and counting) to sign a new contract and while he had a much more successful season than Lundmark, he can't afford to sit a home and expect to play in the NHL based on his past performance either.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Fletch

Nyr..

where in Europe are they offering Lundmark much more money? I haven't seen it, personally (which doesn't mean it's non-existent). But the simple fact is he has to play. He has to play for his own good, not the Rangers'. He doesn't have a solid spot in the lineup, nor does he have a role. Last year was marred by mediocre play and an injury. He needs to play, wherever, or for how much. I don't see why NYR should guarantee his salary if he's injured, as if that's the case, they'd have to do it for everybody, and considering there's no CBA currently, I don't even know how that gets done anyways. If Lundmark doesn't play, he can be marginalized pretty quickly because he has a lot to prove.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I don't think Lundmark should play in the AHL again. What's the point? It's stupid. He'd be better off playing in Europe or a more advanced league.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:54 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
I don't think Lundmark should play in the AHL again. What's the point? It's stupid. He'd be better off playing in Europe or a more advanced league.
What league more advanced than the AHL is out there offering Lundmark a deal ???

Old
09-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Edge

Well I think he's an idiot if he plays NO hockey, but that isnt the issue.....yet.

Having said that, all things being equal {pay included} he'd probably be better off playing in Europe just because of his age and the types of leagues.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
What league more advanced than the AHL is out there offering Lundmark a deal ???

Well I kinda have to interject here John, because that kinda goes back to what Brooklyn said that "we dont know if he hasn't signed a contract with the rangers yet".

Whether 8 teams have made offers or not, none of us know at this point. But if teams in Europe are willing to sign the Mike Harders and others of the world, someone will offer Lundmark at least his $35,000 AHL contract and even with pay being equal he'll be living a nicer life.

Having said that, I don't if the AHL is the right path for Jamie regardless of money. I think as a "supposed" or "potential" offensive player {Depending on who you ask}, working in Europe could help him out greatly.

Old
09-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Wait... I'm sorry. But there is no league in Europe that will be more advanced than the AHL this season.

Old
09-16-2004, 09:10 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
where in Europe are they offering Lundmark much more money? I haven't seen it, personally (which doesn't mean it's non-existent). But the simple fact is he has to play. He has to play for his own good, not the Rangers'. He doesn't have a solid spot in the lineup, nor does he have a role. Last year was marred by mediocre play and an injury. He needs to play, wherever, or for how much. I don't see why NYR should guarantee his salary if he's injured, as if that's the case, they'd have to do it for everybody, and considering there's no CBA currently, I don't even know how that gets done anyways. If Lundmark doesn't play, he can be marginalized pretty quickly because he has a lot to prove.
salaries in europe have gone up big time in recent years and he could easily find a deal somewhere for $100k that is nothing...

and as far as paying him if he gets hurt, insurance would probably cover his salary anyway so it would cost the rangers next to nothing...

and even if the rangers won't/can't give him that guarantee, can you blame him for trying?? you can't blame him for trying to get as much security as possible out of the deal...

Old
09-16-2004, 09:13 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
the best situation for him is by far to be playing in hartford, maybe not from an individual standpoint but from an organizational standpoint the advantage of having all the kids playing together in hartford developing chemistry, learning the system, etc is far more important to the future of the club...

but the issue isn't so much whether or not he should go to hartford but rather about the supposed demands he made about agreeing to it...

Old
09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
neversummer

doesn't hurt to ask for the money. what do we care its not coming out of our pockets, good for him. He knows he's got work to do, he just wants to be insured. would you drive w/o insurance?

Old
09-16-2004, 10:09 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:

I agree. (I think..) Nobody wants to take a paycut if they can get extra money for doing the same amount of work each day. For me, if I was like a "Sidney Crosby" type of player in his 2 season playing NHL Hockey, I only ask for about $1.5-2.1 million dollars. I mean, $1million is pretty damn enough! :lol

Old
09-16-2004, 10:41 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Wait... I'm sorry. But there is no league in Europe that will be more advanced than the AHL this season.
Why do you say that? Europe will be stocked full of NHL players too.

Old
09-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
:lol

Please tell me that's a joke.

Old
09-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

How about one in Europe (say Italy) where he can play against pros instead of kids. He already proved he could hack it in the AHL. That's why it wouldn't have made much sense for him to play at Hartford.

Old
09-17-2004, 04:58 AM
Thundermare

Well I think AHL would have offer a far more competitive environment than Italian league

Old
09-17-2004, 05:41 AM
Ola

The italian league sucks. Its worse then the the ECHL. It shows how ambitious Lundmark is. I am betting that the reason Lundmark didnīt want to go to Hartford because he only would make the fourth line, "and a checking line player is not what he wants to be".

Old
09-17-2004, 07:43 AM
TKLOOCH22

Lundmark owes jack nothing to this organization when it comes to a situation of playing for pennies compared to what he was making. Being a Canadian guy coming from juniors, he likely has nothing to back himself up after hockey. Why take the 35,000 and risk it being your last pay?

What if the guy wanted to have a year where he would live in an environment totally different than here in the states? What if the guy just wanted a break, but could play hockey at the same time. There's a year to spare with the lockout, so why not make it a "hockey vacation"?

Old
09-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Fletch

Yeah, why take the risk...

others seem willing to take that risk because it's likely what's best for them in the long run. The kid's been way overpaid the last couple seasons as it is. 10 goals and a couple million dollars, I believe. It will be interesting to see where this one goes.

Old
09-17-2004, 09:27 PM
ish

Quote:

I have to respectfully disagree here. I'll start by saying I can't say I would definately do what I think Lundmark should do because I've never been faced with decisions that involve millions of dollars before, but...

A normal person being faced with a 97% pay cut doesn't really compare well to this situation here. Lundmark has been handsomly paid for two rather unproductive seasons (not that I'm not being patient with him, I still have hope for him). The only reason he's been paid the million and change he's gotten each of the last two seasons is because of where he's been drafted. It wouldn't kill him to be humble and realize he's been overpaid for his production thus far and that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to make minor league money for a year because that's what's probably best for his development given the current NHL situation (either getting good ice time in a beefed up AHL or playing in Sweden or Finland, not Italy).

These guys are so quick to forget that they make a living playing a GAME. You probably couldn't wipe the smile off my face if someone told me I could make a living (say 60 grand a year, I don't know) playing hockey and travelling all over the place.

As for a Cherneski situation as others have mentioned, c'mon. Whenever these guys step on the ice they risk death honestly. It's a dangerous game. Any given time someone could get blasted in the chest with a point shot and drop dead. What does it matter when a guy gets hurt. Should someone get hurt seriously in the AHL making little money, they were felled attempting to prepare for/impress the NHL. What's wrong with that? Should guys like Lundmark sit out because they're young and can't make anywhere near NHL money elsewhere in a time like now?

I'm not labelling Jamie a greedy guy or a jerk or anything. I just wish he was gonna be playing against good competition and receiving good ice time and gaining confidence beyond lighting up scrub goalies in Italy.

Old
09-17-2004, 11:43 PM
sue123

but you never know how things could work out. he could go to italy, play loads of minutes, score loads of goals, get his confidence back and come back when the NHL restarts and really step it up. i think he's just had his confidence completely blown. his rookie year wasn't so horrible, considering it was his rookie year. last year, well, he definitly could have done better, to put it nicely. yes he missed the games because of his knee, taking you out of the zone, and he never did get his game back afterwards. so this could be a good thing.

besides, living in NY is damn expensive. especially if you're living the whole central park west life. Big apartments that you pay insane amounts of money for, supermarkets where it should be illegal to charge that much for a dozen eggs. if he's keeping his place in NY or wherever he stays, and if he rents, then i'd go where the most money is too, just so i could keep the place.

besides, maybe he knows italian but doesn't know any german so he figured why get thrown into another country where you don't know a word of the language?

Closed Thread