HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks may trade for marquee d-man

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
  #76
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Kaberle, Tomas.
Shaken not stirred.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:56 AM
  #77
KAPOW
has no rispeck
 
KAPOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: P.K. Subban's Head
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
sens would trade kuba. he doing well this season, plays in every situation. cap hit is 3.7m but only for this year, so won't hurt the hawks long term.

we trade him for an offensive prospect (pirri or rensfeldt) or a 2nd round pick.

KAPOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:13 AM
  #78
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars
 
t0psh3lfclu7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
How about Gilbert for Bolland+2nd from EDM

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:25 AM
  #79
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,960
vCash: 500
Some of the proposals in this thread are just awful.

Bolland is not being moved, nor is Sharp or any other significant "core" player. The only one that could potentially be available is Hjalmarsson and that doesn't seem to make sense, seeing as Chicago would want to bolster their defense and Hjalmarsson is our most steady Dman, though, one that makes the least impact on the scoresheet.

As to who the Hawks could be going after, Gleason makes the most sense to me. Jack Johnson makes no sense seeing as he's not a good defensive Dman.. remember, the Hawks want to bring their GA down..

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
  #80
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,806
vCash: 500
IMO hawks are not looking for a "marquee" d man except as a rental only for a cup run. In that case were not going to be very willing to give up key members of the squad.

What's more likely IMO is that we grab another 3-4 guy with good value on the contract. We've got loads of solid prospects... not any future Art Ross winners but guys that will definitely see time in the NHL.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
  #81
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
How about Gilbert for Bolland+2nd from EDM
Not a chance.. Gilbert is playing the best hockey of his career and we don't have a spot for Bolland. Edmonton doesn't exactly have a Gilbert replacement lined up either.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
  #82
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Bouwmeester ?
Hawks won't take another bad contract on d after moving Campbell.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:32 AM
  #83
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Honestly, I could see it being Visnovsky as much as I don't want to hear it.
That was my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
How about Gilbert for Bolland+2nd from EDM
LOL @ Chicago adding a relatively high pick.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
  #84
99 steps
to the top
 
99 steps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: RV, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
Visnovsky for Bickell + Beach + Lalonde?

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:40 AM
  #85
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
Tim Gleason for ?
Is Gleason really the one you guys want to move?

I thought he was pretty solid, affordable and dependable.

Aren't you guys pretty soft on D beyond him (other than Allen)?

(not trolling, legitimate question)

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
  #86
Jrtu
Registered User
 
Jrtu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Vancouver will offer its marquee d-man:

Ballard!

he's a marquee bad d-man though...


Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
  #87
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,562
vCash: 500
I just can't see any team, especially those that themselves struggle in their own zone giving up a top 4 d-man in a trade with the Hawks. If this rumor is true, the target would either be a rebuilding team or one that has a surplus of NHL calibre d-men. The Hurricanes could be that team, and Gleason would be a nice piece to add.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
  #88
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
Give us a borderline top 6 forward and Gleason is yours.
Bickell + late round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
To

D Jordan Leopold ($3M)
LW/C Jochen Hecht ($3.75M UFA)


If this doesn't help your PK I don't think anything will.... Hawks get a legit top-4 defender in Leopold, and a terrific penalty killing C/W with sound offensive ability in Jochen Hecht (one of the best PK men in the game IMO).

Frolik-Toews-Hossa
Stalberg-Kane-Sharp
Bickell-Hecht-Brunette
Carcillo-Kruger-Mayers
X. Beach, Pirri

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Leopold
Hjammer-Montodor
X. O'Donnell, Lepisto

To

C David Bolland ($3.375M)
D John Scott ($512K UFA)


Sabres get a solid two-way centreman with grit to help out our 3rd line, as well as a bruising d-man to play enforcer when needed on a team lacking toughness/grit in John Scott.

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Leino-Adam-Stafford
Ennis-Bolland-Kaleta
Gerbe-Gaustad-McCormick
X. Ellis, Tropp, (Boyes-LTIR)

Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff-Sekera
Weber-Grags
X. Scott, Brennan, McNabb

Deal?
Not really close....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
  #89
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
I dont get where it says marquee d-man..

doesnt it just say that they have 4 mil in capspace (which is wrong anyway)

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:32 AM
  #90
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Honestly, I could see it being Visnovsky as much as I don't want to hear it.

Bolland + Stalberg for Visnovsky?
Visnovsky is great he is the guy the Hawks want. He is 35 years old and no pun intended but he will need to Lubomir his joints soon.

Bolland no way in the prime of his career at 25 years old. Bolland was worth more than Versteeg to Chicago. Toronto got a 1st and a 3rd round for Versteeg. Bolland is worth that and probably a 1st and a 2nd round pick. plus Stalberg...**** you!

Visnovsky is worth the following:
1st round pick & Bickell

1st round pick and a 4th round pick

Stalberg and a 2nd & 4th round pick

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
  #91
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Didn't they just trade a marquee defender this summer? Or could this be hinting at a rental trade for Suter if he won't sign with the Preds? I don't get this rumor, the Hawks have good defensemen...on paper at least. 2 top pair guys, 2 second pair guys, 2 third pair guys.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
  #92
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
To

D Jordan Leopold ($3M)
LW/C Jochen Hecht ($3.75M UFA)


If this doesn't help your PK I don't think anything will.... Hawks get a legit top-4 defender in Leopold, and a terrific penalty killing C/W with sound offensive ability in Jochen Hecht (one of the best PK men in the game IMO).

Frolik-Toews-Hossa
Stalberg-Kane-Sharp
Bickell-Hecht-Brunette
Carcillo-Kruger-Mayers
X. Beach, Pirri

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Leopold
Hjammer-Montodor
X. O'Donnell, Lepisto

To

C David Bolland ($3.375M)
D John Scott ($512K UFA)


Sabres get a solid two-way centreman with grit to help out our 3rd line, as well as a bruising d-man to play enforcer when needed on a team lacking toughness/grit in John Scott.

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Leino-Adam-Stafford
Ennis-Bolland-Kaleta
Gerbe-Gaustad-McCormick
X. Ellis, Tropp, (Boyes-LTIR)

Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff-Sekera
Weber-Grags
X. Scott, Brennan, McNabb

Deal?
I'm tired of other teams valuing Dave Bolland as a 3rd line center. Dave Bolland is a 2nd line center that has 2 all-star centers in front of him. P. Kane & Toews

Bolland is better than Derek Roy...

I would like to see Vanek Bolland Pominville I guarantee you that Bolland's numbers would be better than Roy's. You're not getting it Bolland is not a defensive center on your team. He is in Chicago because he has to be.

Your trade is wrong because you do not understand the value of Bolland. Bolland has the same value of a 2nd line center. He was rated in the top 30 centers in the league. Wake up all you guys that think the value of Bolland isn't a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Vanek Bolland Pominville

I don't want Bolland to get traded, but man if he does I hope he goes to Buffalo. It would be nice to see what numbers he could get with 1st line talent. Bolland could put up 70 points in Buffalo.


Last edited by LandofLincoln: 11-29-2011 at 11:11 AM.
LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
  #93
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Didn't they just trade a marquee defender this summer? Or could this be hinting at a rental trade for Suter if he won't sign with the Preds? I don't get this rumor, the Hawks have good defensemen...on paper at least. 2 top pair guys, 2 second pair guys, 2 third pair guys.

The key word is defender. Campbell does not fit that definition.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
  #94
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
The Hawks are about as loaded with prospects as any team in the league. That's what will be going the other way. As far as roster players go, possibly Bickell if he is held in high regard by the team acquiring him, possibly Kruger, same story, possibly Stalberg, same story. I think you get the picture. Prospects and picks will be going the other way. Teams that aren't interested in trading for prospects and picks will not be involved in negotations with the Hawks. One guy that could possibly move in a package is Hjalmarsson but in that case, it won't be for someone like Visnovsky, it will be Suter or Weber or someone better that that. Bolland is virtually untouchable, won't be going anywhere for someone like Ryan, most Hawks fans would oppose such a deal. Think more like Crosby if Bolland is going the other way. In other words, Bolland is not going anywhere.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
  #95
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
I dont get where it says marquee d-man..

doesnt it just say that they have 4 mil in capspace (which is wrong anyway)
i was thinking the same thing

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
  #96
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
For the record, the Hawks have 7M cap space....and growing. All indications have been that they will spend it all and form a super team that rivals or bests the Cup team. I approve.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
  #97
Hulk Hogan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
Chelios is an UFA

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
  #98
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan View Post
Chelios is an UFA
Then he can sign with his old team, the Red Wings.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
  #99
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The Hawks are about as loaded with prospects as any team in the league. That's what will be going the other way. As far as roster players go, possibly Bickell if he is held in high regard by the team acquiring him, possibly Kruger, same story, possibly Stalberg, same story. I think you get the picture. Prospects and picks will be going the other way. Teams that aren't interested in trading for prospects and picks will not be involved in negotations with the Hawks. One guy that could possibly move in a package is Hjalmarsson but in that case, it won't be for someone like Visnovsky, it will be Suter or Weber or someone better that that. Bolland is virtually untouchable, won't be going anywhere for someone like Ryan, most Hawks fans would oppose such a deal. Think more like Crosby if Bolland is going the other way. In other words, Bolland is not going anywhere.
First of all, Kruger isn't being moved and is most certainly not the "same story" as Bickell or Stalberg. He's a very promising prospect with alot of room to grow and is currently playing well. Stalberg and Bickell are what they are at this point and only one of them (Stalberg) is currently playing well. Both Bowman's hold Kruger in high regard, he won't be going anywhere until the Hawks have a better grasp of what he could be on this team in the next 2-3 years.

Secondly, the Bolland part has to be a joke.. It wouldn't take Crosby coming back the other way to move Bolland. A generational talent for a very good third line centre? Lets try to keep the ridiculousness down.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
  #100
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 23,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Not a chance.. Gilbert is playing the best hockey of his career and we don't have a spot for Bolland. Edmonton doesn't exactly have a Gilbert replacement lined up either.
Bolland is a much better/more valuable piece then Gilbert.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.