HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gaston Therrien

Old
12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Gaston Therrien

Hockey expert Gaston Therrien went on and on yesterday about David Desharnais' demeanour when he was called upon to take the first shot in the shootout. He claims that DD was angry at not playing in the OT and even hints that he missed the net on purpose.

RDS has to get this idiot off the air. David Desharnais had two shifts with Cole in OT. He even started the OT. Therrien first went on and on about this on the 5 à 7 and nobody corrected him and then, amazingly, kept it up during l'Antichambre and the clowns agreed with him. There's bad reporting and then there's Gaston Therrien making up stuff. What an idiot!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Hockey expert Gaston Therrien went on and on yesterday about David Desharnais' demeanour when he was called upon to take the first shot in the shootout. He claims that DD was angry at not playing in the OT and even hints that he missed the net on purpose.

RDS has to get this idiot off the air. David Desharnais had two shifts with Cole in OT. He even started the OT. Therrien first went on and on about this on the 5 à 7 and nobody corrected him and then, amazingly, kept it up during l'Antichambre and the clowns agreed with him. There's bad reporting and then there's Gaston Therrien making up stuff. What an idiot!
Stopped reading right there.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Even if that did happen, where's the logic? Getting a chance in the SO is arguably a bigger vote of confidence than a shift in OT.

And no NHL player on the planet would deliberately throw a game just to get back at his coach. They're all competitors and they all want to win, that's why they're NHLers. If anything he'd want to score even more to prove himself to his coach.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

LOL at the Hockey Expert

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

RDS are showing him off for the same reason TVA sport is showing George Laraque. They are both absurd clowns that put themselves in situation where people talk about them which is good for the TV station. My favorite dumb moment of Gaston is when he explains stuff on the electronic board with O's and X's. He just makes up all of it as he goes. As for Laraque, last thing I remembered being stupid funny was when TVA sport makes those ''Primeur TVA Sport Alert!'' with George talking to Letang about his hit. The way he described his ''phone call'' with Chris made none sense lol.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Even if that did happen, where's the logic? Getting a chance in the SO is arguably a bigger vote of confidence than a shift in OT.

And no NHL player on the planet would deliberately throw a game just to get back at his coach. They're all competitors and they all want to win, that's why they're NHLers. If anything he'd want to score even more to prove himself to his coach.
This.

Your coach shows you his highest regards and confidence by sending you first in a shootout, and you crap in his Corn Flakes? Yeah, right

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:49 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I remember one time when Kovalchuk was struggling he flubbed the puck on a shootout and didn't even get a shot away and people were speculating that he did it on purpose

Yeah Ilya Kovalchuk, the superstar forward making a ton of money who has played hockey his entire life and lives and dies for the sport... is going to purposely not only **** over his team but make himself look stupid in the process

How people can say this kind of stupid **** I'll never understand. It's the same as when people say Markov is just happy collecting a check and never cared about playing Big shock too, once again both the players in question are Russian.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:50 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Maybe he meant Gaston Therrien is sponsored by Hockey Expert?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:00 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Maybe he meant Gaston Therrien is sponsored by Hockey Expert?
If it's really the case, I'd believe the organization is badly misnamed!

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
you too? nice.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:45 AM
gillyguzzler

Ok, I shouldn't have written hockey expert... sorry. Hockey Guru, Hockey Connaisseur, the King of knowing what's going on in David Desharnais' head after being chosen to shoot first in a shootout even though he never shoots in games, Failed Hockey OT Ice Time Keeper, RDS Whiteboard Hockey Savant,...sorry I am.

Old
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
smon

You know there are way too many media shows covering the Habs when Gaston Therrien has a job doing that.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Megaforce

BTW, speaking of the shootout, I get the impression that players are doing those elaborate crazy moves less than they used to. The spinoramas, and so forth. Has anybody ever analyzed the success rate of those? Seems that it was worth doing.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
SeriousHabs

The only mistake in this story is that some people actually watch l'Antichambre.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
habtastic

I actually watch L'AC. Mostly to see Bergy's act, sometimes to see what a dbag langdeau is, sometimes to see PJ (hire him, he can speak broken french!) all of a sudden refer to the Habs as "nous", sometimes to watch Trembley go into splits over something Bergy said for 10 minutes. Mostly it's a whole new level of Habs bashing. The leafs used to suck for years. Did Leafs TV itself have a leaf's bashing show right after the game no matter what happened? Amazing.

Anyway, I guess the show is long enough and far too often that they have to fill it with absolute garbage. I would give anything for DD (prolly doesn't pay attention to it) to call out Therrien and tell him to shove it. His face was like that ALL game. Before faceoffs, he looked...pissed/intense. I wager cuz he's one of the guys who is ALWAYS ready to give it his all. It's amazing how in light of all these morons, Don Cherry manages to shine brightest. Says a lot.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I actually watch L'AC. Mostly to see Bergy's act, sometimes to see what a dbag langdeau is, sometimes to see PJ (hire him, he can speak broken french!) all of a sudden refer to the Habs as "nous", sometimes to watch Trembley go into splits over something Bergy said for 10 minutes. Mostly it's a whole new level of Habs bashing. The leafs used to suck for years. Did Leafs TV itself have a leaf's bashing show right after the game no matter what happened? Amazing.

Anyway, I guess the show is long enough and far too often that they have to fill it with absolute garbage. I would give anything for DD (prolly doesn't pay attention to it) to call out Therrien and tell him to shove it. His face was like that ALL game. Before faceoffs, he looked...pissed/intense. I wager cuz he's one of the guys who is ALWAYS ready to give it his all. It's amazing how in light of all these morons, Don Cherry manages to shine brightest. Says a lot.
I actually like Mario Tremblay on l'AC. Had he been there yesterday, he probably wouldn't have told Therrien that he was full of crap...

Old
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

That is like saying that you watch Jersey Shore to see some ********* moron do douchy moronic things. Just don't lie bro, you watch AC because it is intellectually stimulating for you

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

LMAO

Yeah I remember DD on the ice at least once in OT. I knew Therien was a few fries short of a happy Meal but this takes the cake!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Schooner Guy

Therrien was the RIS draft analyst when we took Brendan Gallagher. When we took him Therrien rolled his eyes, shrugged his shoulders, shook his head, laughed because he didn't know who Gallagher was and Brunelle from Drummondville (didn't even get drafted) was still available. Funny that the "draft analyst" had no clue who Gallagher was even though Gallagher had already been invited to Team Canada's WJC summer evaluation camp.

What an idiotic thing to say about Desharnais. Therrien exemplifies the stereotype dumb former jock. If RDS wasn't so hard up for talent, he'd be selling vaccuum cleaners door to door.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Gary320

Warning: I actually like Desharnais.

But Desharnais can cost us a series and Gaston will find a reason to blame someone else.. His love for David is the equivalent of Benoit for Guillame.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Merci Saku

I think I know my hockey pretty well and my knowleadge of players and prospects and very good.....but I ask myself how the hell someone like Gaston Therien get to be a analyst of a Sports channel. If I stop for a second and believe everything he said, I would be an idiot.

This is RDS for crying out loud!! Hire real hockey experts not washed up coachs like Bergeron and Therien to analyse hockey games. They don't even know every player in the ligue!!

Merci Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
gillyguzzler

On a positive note, Marc Denis is 1000000000000000000 times better than Benoit Brunet. Even Pierre Houde sounds better with him. I'm actually watching games on RDS even if they are on TSN. Well done RDS... now get rid of PJ Stock, Gaston Therrien, Michel Bergeron, Denis Gauthier,... I guess they keep them around for CLOWN value.

Old
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Protest the Hero

An NHL player misses the net on purpose because he didn't get enough ice time, that's a new one.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
On a positive note, Marc Denis is 1000000000000000000 times better than Benoit Brunet. Even Pierre Houde sounds better with him. I'm actually watching games on RDS even if they are on TSN. Well done RDS... now get rid of PJ Stock, Gaston Therrien, Michel Bergeron, Denis Gauthier,... I guess they keep them around for CLOWN value.
This.

And it's about all I care: to be able to watch the game with some knowledgeable analysts who can teach me things from times to times.

Also, Brunet is much better during intermissions. I think that's the right spot for him.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Yep. Marc Denis is doing a great job and he deserves some recognition.

Brunet back then, was a distraction to the game with his stupid comments and bias. It was painful to listen to him.

Talking about analyst. Normand Flynn is the worst. ****ing hate that guy. Games are unwatchable when he's the analyst. He thinks the viewer are like 4-5 yr or something. Always always explaining the rules. So annoying.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote