HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan (Speculation at this time)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Anaheim has to add a bit, not much though. Kesler isn't worth as much as Getzlaf, but he is worth more than Ryan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
You gotta keep in mind Bobb Ryan is 3 years younger than Kesler and has much higher offensive potential, along with currently being a 70 point player.
Quote:
Because that's what Ryan's value is?
Quote:
You neglect that Kesler is EXACTLY the type of player Anaheim needs.
Ducks fan here just wanting to weigh in. We would add. Not anything crazy but we would add.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Kannu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I really don't see the Pens trading Jordan Staal + for Ryan. For that matter, I don't even seen them trading him straight up for Ryan.

Note: That's not a post about what's 'fair' in HFBoards speak. It's a post about the value Ray Shero would assign to Jordan Staal. Whatever someone here thinks is 'fair' for Malkin, like the Ryan + Fowler thing someone threw out, that's what I'd envision Shero asking for Staal.
Agreed. Last 64 games for Staal- 23+25=48, with Crosby and Malkin missing the large majority of those games. Last 64 games for Ryan- 26+27=53. In addition to Staal's stellar defense, he plays a somewhat more important position. I highly doubt Shero would go for a straight swap. This doesn't even consider team chemistry, which is excellent in Pittsburgh. Why mess with what works?

Old
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
THEN GET MURRAY TO WAIT UNTIL THE OFFSEASON AND WE ALL WIN
well to be honest i might be one of the few Bruins fans that thinks Hamilton won't be good. I honestly was hoping at the draft that they would trade up to get Sean Courtier

Old
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Thanks. Although it seems I was too late posting that and noone saw

Then you kill the Canucks depth. Nucks fans say no. Ducks fans are mixed probably. I would do it in a heartbeat.
I don't know. Ryan is one of the few players that would give me pause before flat out rejecting the offer. If Anaheim adds a bit, maybe a 3rd or mid-level prospect.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan
Booth-Hodgson-Higgins
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Volpatti/Oreskovich

Honestly, that doesn't scare me that much to lose Kesler if it means acquiring the talented legit powerforward for the Sedins.

Old
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I understand Hamilton is pretty damn untouchable but he is really the prospect/pick I WANT the most out of the whole NHL.

During the offseason.

Ryan+2013 1st

Krejci+Hamilton

please.
I think most Bruins fans feel the exact same way you do about Hamilton. Pretty sure Chia and Co do as well.

Old
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
In other news, Glen Sather wants every player ever!

per Larry Brooks

My take? If the Ranger aren't willing to move McDonagh or Stepan, short of a Lundqvist offer, they aren't getting Ryan.
Those would be ideal candidates, but I think the Rangers have a deep enough pool otherwise to get it done. Personally, I wish they'd consider moving Girardi, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I wonder what they would consider moving if the Ducks were willing to part with Visnovsky, as well. Acquiring those two would make the Rangers a no questions asked contender in the East.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Because that's what Ryan's value is?
So Vancouver should massively downgrade their team? Their second line would be a joke without Kesler.

Old
Excellence

Send a message via MSN to Excellence
Quote:
You neglect that Kesler is EXACTLY the type of player Anaheim needs.
I agree with you. Ducks definitely have to add to get Kesler, but he IS EXACTLY what the Ducks need.

Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
In other news, Glen Sather wants every player ever!

per Larry Brooks

My take? If the Ranger aren't willing to move McDonagh or Stepan, short of a Lundqvist offer, they aren't getting Ryan.
Right.

Do we NEED Bobby Ryan? No. Would he be nice to have? Yes.

Something around Anisimov, Zucc, 1st, McI or Erixon would probably be the offer and maybe Wolski tossed in for cap reasons (expiring contract) and if that doesn't get it done then no big deal.

Old
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
I read the first 3 pages and didn't see a single "Ryan for Gagner, Omark and a 6th" post...

Someone check on the Oilers fans...I think they're dead!!!!

Old
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
and i didn't say he was what you were looking for. The UFA thing is an obvious factor. I was just pointing out that the reason Grabo gets thrown in is because he's a No2 center.
Then why even bring it up if you know he is not what we are looking for?

I kinda wanna go back and count how many proposals have included him as a main piece. Over 100 just in this thread?

I understand this is all speculation but cmon.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
So Vancouver should massively downgrade their team? Their second line would be a joke without Kesler.
Wrong. That's just... wrong.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Wrong. That's just... wrong.
You honestly think Booth/Hodgson/Higgins is even a decent second line?

Old
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
hockeyfreak7

Dont know what the Caps cap situation is, but if they could afford Ryan's salary, I think they would be a good fit. Especially with the potential of losing Semin, I would think Ryan would be a nice replacement, potentially an upgrade.

Maybe some package including pieces like Johanson, Kuznetsov or Colorado's pick (unlikely)?

I dont know, just speculation. Both teams have pieces the other would be interested in, I'm sure.

Old
Zhamnov10

From Winnipeg Wheeler,Oduya,Cormier and a first for Ryan.

Old
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I think most Bruins fans feel the exact same way you do about Hamilton. Pretty sure Chia and Co do as well.
Hamilton-Fowler ......wow assuming Hamilton can become the player I think he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Those would be ideal candidates, but I think the Rangers have a deep enough pool otherwise to get it done. Personally, I wish they'd consider moving Girardi, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I wonder what they would consider moving if the Ducks were willing to part with Visnovsky, as well. Acquiring those two would make the Rangers a no questions asked contender in the East.
Vis could be had but Ryan+Vis would be expensive......very expensive.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Dont know what the Caps cap situation is, but if they could afford Ryan's salary, I think they would be a good fit. Especially with the potential of losing Semin, I would think Ryan would be a nice replacement, potentially an upgrade.

Maybe some package including pieces like Johanson, Kuznetsov or Colorado's pick (unlikely)?

I dont know, just speculation. Both teams have pieces the other would be interested in, I'm sure.
That would be amazing but this is for players that can help us now.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:10 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
You honestly think Booth/Hodgson/Higgins is even a decent second line?
Have you honestly watched more than one Vancouver game?

Booth and Hodgson have really good chemistry. Higgins is good with pretty much everyone. Hodgson is a better playmaker than Kesler and creates chances for the two of them.

It's a different type of line. If Booth isn't defensively aware enough, swap him out for Raymond who is a good defensive forward. If Hodgson can be on pace for 40pts on the 3rd line with Malhotra and Jannik Hansen (aka good defensive forward with a ****ed up eye and man with no finish), what do you think he can do with 2nd line minutes?

Old
11-29-2011, 01:14 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
I see Burke going hard for Bobby Ryan.
Or getting hard at the very least

Old
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Have you honestly watched more than one Vancouver game?

Booth and Hodgson have really good chemistry. Higgins is good with pretty much everyone. Hodgson is a better playmaker than Kesler and creates chances for the two of them.

It's a different type of line. If Booth isn't defensively aware enough, swap him out for Raymond who is a good defensive forward. If Hodgson can be on pace for 40pts on the 3rd line with Malhotra and Jannik Hansen (aka good defensive forward with a ****ed up eye and man with no finish), what do you think he can do with 2nd line minutes?
I don't know...not be able to even remotely replace Kesler's ability to consistently win possession battles against either opposing teams' top lines or their second lines with Malhotra taking on the toughs. Vancouver would be a significantly worse team with Ryan than Kesler which is fine with me since I hate the Canucks. I just wish you were Mike Gillis.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Briere
Voracek
Panthers' 2nd

for

Ryan
Sbisa

Old
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
I don't know...not be able to even remotely replace Kesler's ability to consistently win possession battles against either opposing teams' top lines or their second lines with Malhotra taking on the toughs. Vancouver would be a significantly worse team with Ryan than Kesler which is fine with me since I hate the Canucks. I just wish you were Mike Gillis.
I disagree with you. Defensive awareness can be taught, actual playmaking vision can't.

And I left Burrows out of that equation earlier. Burrows does what Kesler does with the Sedins, and he's possibly our second best 2-way after him.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan
Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins
Booth-Malhotra-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Volpatti

If you're honestly going to tell me Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins isn't a legit second line, I don't know what to tell you. Hodgson has consistently been one of our best players every night with rotating line mates.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
ReggieDunlop7

Quote:
Don't think the Canucks can justify trading Kes even if the return is Bobby Ryan. Kesler is vitally important to the success of the Canucks and Hodgson, though he has shown some nice signs of improvement this year, is not ready to fill the #2C role just yet.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
I disagree with you. Defensive awareness can be taught, actual playmaking vision can't.

And I left Burrows out of that equation earlier. Burrows does what Kesler does with the Sedins, and he's possibly our second best 2-way after him.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan
Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins
Booth-Malhotra-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Volpatti

If you're honestly going to tell me Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins isn't a legit second line, I don't know what to tell you. Hodgson has consistently been one of our best players every night with rotating line mates.
That line just doesn't even compare to Gagne/Richards/Brown or Carcillo/Kane/Hossa or Filpulla/Zetterberg/Cleary or Clowe/Couture/Havlat, which are the only teams the Canucks should be worrying about. The Sedins are already as dominant as they're going to be; I doubt swapping Burrows with Ryan is going to make significant enough of an improvement in that line's offense to justify trading away Vancouver's best all-around forward and thereby gutting the second line.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
That's fair enough. I can accept that. It makes sense.

Oshie + D'Agostini + 2nd Round pick for Ryan is a deal I wonder how other Blues fans would react.

It gives the Ducks a top 6 winger in Matt D'Agostini, a top 6 guy who can play center in Oshie as well as a pick. Think the money goes in Anaheim's favor as well.

I'm not sure how other Blues fans feel about trading Oshie for Stewart
We're weak on players who can pass the puck. Trading Oshie would only exploit that weakness even more...sub Stewart or Berglund and you have a deal.

Blues untouchables:
Backes
Oshie
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk

Extreme value guys (that you don't get rid of unless you HAVE to):
Steen
Sobotka
Polak

I realize Bobby Ryan is better than any forward on that list (significantly so in some cases), but we're playing pretty well right now and could potentially create a lot of weaknesses for ourselves.

Closed Thread