Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

Old
11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
From what I've read, he's not great this year. I think expecting him to be more than a 3C is a lot. A good 3C though.
I don`t look at him as a 2nd line C anyways.

Imo rumors we`re looking for 2nd C is not true. We have Koivu who won`t be split from Teemu, and Cogs has found chemistry. So i think Boyle would be ok for our 3d C. He`s 2 times taller than everybody on that 3d line though But he can win some FO`s and is HUGE. We`d like that on 3d line.

PS
I`m aware that this is probably Koivu last season as a Duck.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Lolwut. He's probably one of our weakest one FO's. Fantastic, fantastic PKer, though.

He'd be a throw in for Ryan.
Well i admit i only looked at pure stats. 50,x percent would be one of the best in our lineup.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I don`t look at him as a 2nd line C anyways.

Imo rumors we`re looking for 2nd C is not true. We have Koivu who won`t be split from Teemu, and Cogs has found chemistry. So i think Boyle would be ok for our 3d C. He`s 2 times taller than everybody on that 3d line though But he can win some FO`s and is HUGE. We`d like that on 3d line.

PS
I`m aware that this is probably Koivu last season as a Duck.
Oh I get that. Koivu is still a great centre and yeah, its his last season. Boyle doesn't really win that many faceoffs though. I think you'd be better targeting a young guy who has 2C potential and letting him learn under Koivu and Getz.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:01 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Well i admit i only looked at pure stats. 50,x percent would be one of the best in our lineup.
Dubinsky is much better at faceoffs than Boyle. Don't think we'd ship both of them off, though. Our PK would get really bad really quick.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:01 PM
NYR Viper

Boyle has improved dramatically on face-offs this season and he got off to a slow start. I would say that it is fair to call him a 3c right now who can be a top PKer and a great locker room guy.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Oh I get that. Koivu is still a great centre and yeah, its his last season. Boyle doesn't really win that many faceoffs though. I think you'd be better targeting a young guy who has 2C potential and letting him learn under Koivu and Getz.
That is obvious.

Just checking some other options if we get some other good players and don`t have that value for future 2nd.

There could be 100`s of scenarious, espessially with Bob...

Old
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Dubinsky is much better at faceoffs than Boyle. Don't think we'd ship both of them off, though. Our PK would get really bad really quick.
Dubinsky isn`t to bat as a piece for sure, but stats say they don`t hold much difference in FO`s. Boyle has won more, and percentage don`t have much of a difference.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...fPercentageAll

Old
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Second Line Center
Top 4 Dman in his 20's
1st Round Pick

Is what I believe it was.
The Rangers' top "potential trading pieces" fit this strangely well

Second Line Center - Dubinsky
Top 4 Dman in his 20's - Del Zotto
1st Round Pick

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude View Post

1st Round Pick
With Fowler, Vis (ok, he`s injured right now) and Shultz and Vatanen in the system we shouldn`t be much interested in Del Zotto.

We need something more of a shutdown type defenceman.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

1st Round Pick
Do the Ducks need another PMD--with Fowler well-established and Vatenen on the way?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Force951

Quote:

1st Round Pick
Except Del Zotto is the wrong sort of D. We already have Fowler-Vis who are both better. Not to mention Vatenan and Schultz both of who will be competing in camp next year.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Sauer?

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
On the radio Dreger mentioned that Carlyle may be
Did he really say that? I had to run off to class right at that time. What else did he say?

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Really hoping this is a bunch of huff and puff with no house actually being knocked down. If we trade Ryan, we'll lose the trade, there's no doubt about that.

Another thought, what will this say to Getzlaf and Perry, whose contracts are up after next season? Are they going to want to sign with a team that signs their young stars and then trades them at the first sign of trouble?

Dark days ahead in Anaheim, if Ryan is indeed traded.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
On what planet was trash offered? I'm not a Maple Leafs fan. You're not going to see players like Blum, Hornqvist, Ellis, even Colin Wilson offered for just anyone....let alone packaged together. If he's traded, it will be like every other major player getting traded--for a package of picks and high end prospects with a good young player. That's exactly what's being proposed. It's what you got for Pronger, who held more value at the time than Ryan does now.
This happens every single trade thread. Somebody makes a trade asking for a star player, fans of that star player says that you're only going to get him for so an so. Tradee says that price is ridiculous and you're not going to get that kind of return. Its like there is some sort of clock running if that player doesn't get traded the end of the world happens. Don't like the price being asked? Then there won't be a trade. We don't have to agree on a trade and we can agree to disagree on the value of our players and move on with life.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Not to mention that Stepan and mcDOnaugh are reportedly off the table, which basically just leaves Dubinsky.

Philly and Boston are the teams that most interest me at this point.

Krejci+Hamilton

JVR+Voracek+2nd

Two deals I like from the main boards, even though they dont particularly fit into what McKenzie said Anaheim wanted.
You know, I have never ventured into another board and made a post besides my own team, but I feel the need to at least ask this. Obviously every team would love Bobby Ryan and like them I am just doing my due diligence and checking up.

Anyway based on what I have seen Duck's fans post in the Trade Forum and here you guys are looking for at least a no.2 Center, a solid top 4 guy and a decently high pick/prospect. While I've seen guys like Stastny, Krejci, Dubinsky and others as well. One name I haven't seen that is kind of in that mold is Derek Roy? He just seems to be an option that fits what you guys could be looking for: Affordable contract, good offensive player (also plays PK) and is under 30.

Not trying to sell you guys on him at all. Most Sabres fans want to think that a Stafford + Leopold (I will explain this in a bit)+ 1st could get it done. Others would go Stafford and Ennis or something along those pieces, while they wont really even consider Roy due to our eventual hole at C that would leave us like you all have. When I look at these two deals I have to believe that Buffalo could put together a somewhat similar offer to what the two above are, maybe not as high end prospects though. A group of players like Roy, Adam, Ennis, Stafford as well as a defensive prospect like Marc-Andre Gragnani, Pysyk or a 1st round pick? Could a potential package somewhere in there be enticing to you all as much as say Boston's or Philly's offers?

There seem to be a few holdups if these teams were to try and complete a deal however. Buffalo is awfully close to the cap and even if we did send you Roy/Stafford and another player like Ennis or MAG we still might not be under. So most Sabres fans suggest implementing Leopold or maybe Brad Boyes into the deal, which in a way makes some kind of sense I guess. Boyes is a soon to be UFA and Leopold is a solid top 4 guy, but that would require you to take on an extra contract. That would be difficult no, with what I have read saying the Ducks are at the 50 contract limit? So therefore you would have to send us back a contract, but one that works within the confines of that salary cap through what we are sending to you. See proplem.

Ok so long post over, main points: Buffalo would love to have Ryan, would Roy be of interest and do you think a deal could be made between these two teams?

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
NYR Viper

If I was a betting man, I would bet on it being:

Dubinsky + ________ + 1st '12

It's just the feeling I get. The Rangers have said they are looking for a final piece to add to their core. It fits the bill and he fits the mold of the player Torts wants. It just makes too much sense.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
You know, I have never ventured into another board and made a post besides my own team, but I feel the need to at least ask this. Obviously every team would love Bobby Ryan and like them I am just doing my due diligence and checking up.

Anyway based on what I have seen Duck's fans post in the Trade Forum and here you guys are looking for at least a no.2 Center, a solid top 4 guy and a decently high pick/prospect. While I've seen guys like Stastny, Krejci, Dubinsky and others as well. One name I haven't seen that is kind of in that mold is Derek Roy? He just seems to be an option that fits what you guys could be looking for: Affordable contract, good offensive player (also plays PK) and is under 30.

Not trying to sell you guys on him at all. Most Sabres fans want to think that a Stafford + Leopold (I will explain this in a bit)+ 1st could get it done. Others would go Stafford and Ennis or something along those pieces, while they wont really even consider Roy due to our eventual hole at C that would leave us like you all have. When I look at these two deals I have to believe that Buffalo could put together a somewhat similar offer to what the two above are, maybe not as high end prospects though. A group of players like Roy, Adam, Ennis, Stafford as well as a defensive prospect like Marc-Andre Gragnani, Pysyk or a 1st round pick? Could a potential package somewhere in there be enticing to you all as much as say Boston's or Philly's offers?

There seem to be a few holdups if these teams were to try and complete a deal however. Buffalo is awfully close to the cap and even if we did send you Roy/Stafford and another player like Ennis or MAG we still might not be under. So most Sabres fans suggest implementing Leopold or maybe Brad Boyes into the deal, which in a way makes some kind of sense I guess. Boyes is a soon to be UFA and Leopold is a solid top 4 guy, but that would require you to take on an extra contract. That would be difficult no, with what I have read saying the Ducks are at the 50 contract limit? So therefore you would have to send us back a contract, but one that works within the confines of that salary cap through what we are sending to you. See proplem.

Ok so long post over, main points: Buffalo would love to have Ryan, would Roy be of interest and do you think a deal could be made between these two teams?
One of Sabres fans told that there were Ducks scouts in your last 3 games.

It doesnt make much sense for me (last 3 games) though.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If I was a betting man, I would bet on it being:

Dubinsky + ________ + 1st '12

It's just the feeling I get. The Rangers have said they are looking for a final piece to add to their core. It fits the bill and he fits the mold of the player Torts wants. It just makes too much sense.
I don't know. Sather hasn't exactly been dishing out his first round picks.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I don't know. Sather hasn't exactly been dishing out his first round picks.
For rentals he hasn't. Ryan is not a rental.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
brianscot

Quote:
I realize that Boston fans are all for giving up Hamilton, but I don't know if that's a reality. After Chara is done they don't really have #1 in the system capable of stepping up. I know there's FAs and all, but I'm not sure if Chia would part with him...
Excepting Hamilton, Boston doesn't have a number three defenseman in their system let alone a number one.

If Anaheim is looking for a top defenseman along with a second line center, Boston can only provide the latter.

brianscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobodrifter View Post
Pens fan here in peace. IMO Staal + Niskanen is not too shabby if your management is dead set on moving him. Staal is actually impressing me this year and Niskanen while not Orr, is certainly better than Dallas fans made him out to be last year when he came to Pittsburgh. I'm not real sure why anybody would want to move Ryan in the first place but whatever.
No way Pittsbugh makes that trade. Staal is an amazing 3rd line center and they cannot afford to lose the D.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:26 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscot View Post
Excepting Hamilton, Boston doesn't have a number three defenseman in their system let alone a number one.

If Anaheim is looking for a top defenseman along with a second line center, Boston can only provide the latter.
Yikes. I know how you guys feel. Aside from Edler, we don't have much either.

Though, if Chara weren't in his mid 30s, yeah I would say do it. But you gotta have something. Without him in that lineup Boston takes a nose dive with nothing to perk it back up.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM
rocsfeather
jump

2012 1st for Pahlsson
2012 2nd for Moen

Win cup

rocsfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

is bobby ryan a right winger primarily? i know he can play all 3 positions, jw what is dominant position is

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote