Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

Old
11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
What love affair? It's called 40 goal scorer. I want as many of em as I can get, guess I have a "love affair" for a ton of players lol.
When did 35 become 40?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
i might get slammed for this but i just dont see Enstrom as a legit #1?
There's 30 teams in the league, therefore a legit #1 is one of the top-30 D-men. Consensus is that Enstrom is top-15 and some rate him as top-10. He's a #1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The guy scores at an elite pace. I'm not saying I'd give up Enstrom for him (love Toby) but it's not an overpayment.

Toby is a top defenceman in the league. That is what the Ducks are looking for, and that is fair value for someone who has already scored 110 goals in his first 3 NHL seasons.

EDIT: Not to mention you are trading 1+ year of Toby for 3+ years of Ryan.

More than fair value. I believe we would have to throw something else in.
Straight-up, or plus a prospect, it is more reasonable to me, but to trade Little and Enstrom is too much. I think you're saying the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
When did 35 become 40?
Same way Grabovski is a perennial 30 goal scorer.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
When did 35 become 40?
Ryan is underachieving and overshadowed by other players in Anaheim. Must be in coaches doghouse as well. I take that into consideration. His potential has always been 40.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
There's 30 teams in the league, therefore a legit #1 is one of the top-30 D-men. Consensus is that Enstrom is top-15 and some rate him as top-10. He's a #1.

Straight-up, or plus a prospect, it is more reasonable to me, but to trade Little and Enstrom is too much. I think you're saying the same thing?

Same way Grabovski is a perennial 30 goal scorer.
Or that Kane's a 40 goal scorer.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:36 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

We're better off just keeping our core together instead of making a big splash. 2 great defensemen are better then one. Enstrom and Bogo can anchor our blueline for years to come.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie said tonight Anaheim is asking for a top 2 center, top 4 defenseman and a top prospect/1st.

Point being, you're going to have to give something you will miss/hurts to give in order to obtain Ryan. He is a legitimate talent.

It could very well take Little + Enstrom + Cormier/Klingberg as another guess, just as John Cena was pretty much saying.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post

Absolutely. Little AND Enstrom is too much, and even if it wasn't, there is no way I would trade away 2 very important parts of this team for Ryan.

For me, fair value, and what I'd actually want the Jets to give up are 2 different things.

There's also the attitude/ personality/ work ethic component of player acquisition (can't really comment on Ryan from that perspective)

11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
JetsHomer

Little+Byfuglien+Cormier isn't that bad. Might have to throw in a 4th or something to, and take back a bit of salary but it's workable.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Little+Byfuglien+Cormier isn't that bad. Might have to throw in a 4th or something to, and take back a bit of salary but it's workable.
That I would do.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:07 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Scratch all of what I said. I thought about it like I said I would, and it's a no. Enstrom stays. We have no need for Ryan unless Byfuglien goes for him. Our defense blows, Enstrom is to us what Crosby is to Pittsburgh.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
thed00d

Quote:
Scratch all of what I said. I thought about it like I said I would, and it's a no. Enstrom stays. We have no need for Ryan unless Byfuglien goes for him. Our defense blows, Enstrom is to us what Crosby is to Pittsburgh.
Exactly. What's up with people wanting to offer the world to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan? Little + Byfuglien aaaand a pick? Way too much. Maybe Wheeler + Cormier + a 3rd, thatd be all. Since they're supposedly not looking for a winger, I'd say we're essentially out of the running for the time being.

thed00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
DerekDevils30

I don't think you go nuts and trade for Bobby Ryan. The Jets are on the cusp of being a very good team. Lots of young guys and lots of cap space available. There are some intriguing options coming up in the offseason and the team will have room to add some pieces to a core that's progressing.

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:39 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thed00d View Post
Exactly. What's up with people wanting to offer the world to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan? Little + Byfuglien aaaand a pick? Way too much. Maybe Wheeler + Cormier + a 3rd, thatd be all. Since they're supposedly not looking for a winger, I'd say we're essentially out of the running for the time being.
Come on now. Ryan's still a great player and I would easily do the Buff and Little deal. If Ryan were offered to us for Byfuglien and Little, I'd fly to Winnipeg, fly them to Anaheim, fly back to Winnipeg with Ryan, and throw a parade for the whole city.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
thed00d

Quote:
Come on now. Ryan's still a great player and I would easily do the Buff and Little deal. If Ryan were offered to us for Byfuglien and Little, I'd fly to Winnipeg, fly them to Anaheim, fly back to Winnipeg with Ryan, and throw a parade for the whole city.
I'm with you in that he's a great player. But I think Little + Buff for him is a little steep, IMO.

And I just can't understand why everyone is so eager to part ways with Enstrom either.

thed00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thed00d View Post
I'm with you in that he's a great player. But I think Little + Buff for him is a little steep, IMO.

And I just can't understand why everyone is so eager to part ways with Enstrom either.
I don't think anyone's eager to trade him, I just think people are considerate and keep options open.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:51 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Aebesher, McCardle and 1/2 dozen pucks.

IceCapsFanNL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
I don't think you go nuts and trade for Bobby Ryan. The Jets are on the cusp of being a very good team. Lots of young guys and lots of cap space available. There are some intriguing options coming up in the offseason and the team will have room to add some pieces to a core that's progressing.
I think this is my mindset as well. Sure I would love to get Bobby Ryan, but I don't want to cripple the team to do it.

Something like Little and Buff sounds appealing, but that's about the extent I would go. Even then, Buff has only had some decent defensive coaching for a quarter of a season now. If he can improve the way Bogosian has improved, he could be a great defenseman for us.

As for Enstrom, I would much rather get this guy resigned. I would be ok in dealing him if that wasn't going to happen though.

I think overall that having Little, Buff, and a resigned Enstrom, bringing in Scheifele to play C on the 3rd line next year (hopefully), and filling in some holes via free agency, would be a better plan than going all in on Ryan, and hoping that we can win the cup in the next 3 years before Ryan becomes a UFA.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I think overall that having Little, Buff, and a resigned Enstrom, bringing in Scheifele to play C on the 3rd line next year (hopefully), and filling in some holes via free agency, would be a better plan than going all in on Ryan, and hoping that we can win the cup in the next 3 years before Ryan becomes a UFA.
I can agree to this, well said, Huffer.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
I'm pretty tired and hungover this morning. When scanning the threads I initially thought this thread title read as "Duck slapping Bobby Ryan".

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Kane - Burmistrov - Antropov
Parise - Little - Fehr/Wheeler
Ladd - Scheifele - Wellwood
Glass - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Suter
Hainsey - Bogosian
Stuart - Byfuglien

Pavelec

In all seriousness here, because the above will not happen and I know that, this does show however (I think) how good this team "could be" with a serious addition or two. I am still a firm believer that this team is not far off. They've got quite a bit of learning to do (see; last night), but that will come over this season, I hope and believe. With a strong addition to the forward group and perhaps to the defensive end, we could be potentially very good rather soon. I'm also aware the salary of this team above would likely not work as we go forward and have to re-sign our own guys (I was just messing around). But I do think this team can be quite good in the next year or two with some additions.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Guerzy: 11-30-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old
11-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

If this isn't telling, I don't know what is. I'd say those rumors about Anaheim management meeting with Ryan are as good as true going by what Ryan is saying here. I'd say he's knows he's going to be dealt.

http://twitter.com/#!/DamoSpin/statu...63426849906688

Quote:
Bobby Ryan on being traded: "I wouldn't be surprised." Possible suitors include Rangers and Canes, Leafs will at least kick the tires.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
If this isn't telling, I don't know what is. I'd say those rumors about Anaheim management meeting with Ryan are as good as true going by what Ryan is saying here. I'd say he's knows he's going to be dealt.

http://twitter.com/#!/DamoSpin/statu...63426849906688
I think Ryan is as good as gone.
It will be interesting too see what the Ducks can/will get for him.

I know what they are asking, but is someone really willing to give that up.
Only time will tell.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I think Ryan is as good as gone.
It will be interesting too see what the Ducks can/will get for him.

I know what they are asking, but is someone really willing to give that up.
Only time will tell.
Ya, it will certainly be interesting. I'm pretty excited to see how it all turns out, who goes where, etc.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Huffer

The Rangers I could see, but the Canes? They are in a similar position to us, why would they want to gut their roster? Is there Ownership pressure that they HAVE to make the playoffs this year and are willing to sacrifice the future to do it?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Crazed Fan

If Anaheim is looking for a top centre, dman and prospect.... then they can look elsewhere. Ryan is waaaaaaaaaay over valued at that price. The Jets are capable of winning against any team the way they are right now. They defeat themselves more than anything. It is all psychological. These are things we can expect them to outgrow over the next few seasons but par for the course at the moment.
Throwing away so much for Bobby Ryan is not the answer imo.
And if you are bringing up Evander Kanes name into this trade talk, I would say "Good day to you sir".

Staal for Ryan??
(anaheim would have to throw in a little more imo)

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote