HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Game 23. 11/29/2011. St. Louis Blues at Washington Capitals. 7pm

Old
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
CaptainKonoForever

vCash: 500
Well....Jim and Dale know each other...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnPxWNDGZk

CaptainKonoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Mothra

why am I not shocked some posters are definitive statements after 1 game (or 1 period!)

guess its clear.....

fire GMGM

trade everyone...except Laich of course, he needs a C

sell the team

move the team

.....and im sure that had they won this one game it would be the same nonsense, just in reverse...."told you it was all BB"

its pretty funny reading the meltdowns.....yes, team doesnt look good....yes, its still November.....maybe they totally tailspin and miss the playoffs, I dont know. All they need to do is make them though, because thats when it really starts. Team could tear it up and lose 5 more games the rest of the season and it doesnt change that....top seed.....eight seed....just need a seed, 4+ months from now

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Little too much credit to the Blues in the thread....man our expectations of our own players must be at an alltime low right now.
Agreed. Hunter had the Caps sitting backing in that abortion of a no forecheck whatsoever 1-4 and let the Blues take it to them all game long. The Caps attempted 30 shots all game long while the Blues tried over 60 for God's sake. If not for Vokoun's good play that game is a drubbing.

And that 'we had our chances in the 3rd' press conference afterwards was embarrassing.

I pray that game was a whole lot of thinking instead of playing...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
CaptainKonoForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Agreed. Hunter had the Caps sitting backing in that abortion of a no forecheck whatsoever 1-4 and let the Blues take it to them all game long. The Caps attempted 30 shots all game long while the Blues tried over 60 for God's sake. If not for Vokoun's good play that game is a drubbing.

And that 'we had our chances in the 3rd' press conference afterwards was embarrassing.

The guy has had one practice to work with these guys and your already trying to poke holes in his game plan. Get a grip people.

CaptainKonoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM
ForzaItalia

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:

Who gives a **** about the presser? What good would it do Dale to say "yeah, we suck" after his first game behind the bench? Sure these players with their confidence in the toilet would perk right up after that.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
The guy has had one practice to work with these guys and your already trying to poke holes in his game plan. Get a grip people.
The guy could have 100 practices and I would still say having this team sit back, not forecheck at all, and play a 1-4 is moronic...

The Caps weren't playing to win. They weren't even playing not to lose. They were playing to not lose badly. Congratulations, mission accomplished...

Old
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
The guy could have 100 practices and I would still say having this team sit back, not forecheck at all, and play a 1-4 is moronic...

The Caps weren't playing to win. They weren't even playing not to lose. They were playing to not lose badly. Congratulations, mission accomplished...
Works for me. Baby steps.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:

It's hard to forecheck when you are 1 on 3 after crossing blue line. Some instances they were able to hit far corner and gain puck with speed.

The issue is being able to get into neutral zone with support. It's really horrendous at times to see one forechecker... And it takes d to d to c to beat it and next forechecker makes c pass to wing... 2 on 3 every time...

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

I miss Bruce

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Who gives a **** about the presser? What good would it do Dale to say "yeah, we suck" after his first game behind the bench? Sure these players with their confidence in the toilet would perk right up after that.
There are a millions ways to not throw the team under the bus and not make garbage up about having their chances in the 3rd. Sure if one of those many dump ins with nobody chasing had hit a stanchion while Halak was heading behind the net and the puck ended up in an empty net it would have been tied up but that was pretty much the only chance they had.

The Caps might have had 5 decent chances all night...

Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
I miss Bruce
I wonder if he is smiling somewhere, drinking a beer, counting his severance and thinking "I told you so".

KevyD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
IafrateOvie34

Things will get better. It will take 2 weeks at least before DH's system is in place. He hasn't had any time to evaluate much. A 2-1 loss is more palatable than 5-1. I do agree, the assistants should have gone with BB. If your going to clean house, take the furniture with you. I'm hoping I won't get blacked out for the Pittsburgh game. That should be interesting.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:15 PM
TRASHCAT

First time in 8 games that the caps let in less than 3 goals so there's that.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

There was no poor pp's.
There was really no dumb seam passes or blue line deking... Both Ovi and semin dumped when required. It was glorious.

I loved it when early in game, top line just got on, blues top line comes out. Hunter calls for quick change to 3rd line. Ovi took puck to blue, dumped it, and skated full speed to bench. I don't ever recall that.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:21 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quickly, how did Ovechkin play tonioght? Just saw the highlights..it looked like he was involved..?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Dirtbag59

I guess I never noticed it before but did Bruce really only talk to the players during tv timeouts?

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:45 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELiam View Post
Same question about streams!

I have only found a blues stream so far (the one on firstrowsports.net) and one of the commentators lost me when he claimed that in his opinion Backes was the best all round centre in the NHL now.
I suspect his opinion is closer to the truth. BTW:

Mr. Overrated: 1
Caps: 0

Schwing!

11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
txpd

this is a one step at a time reset. give it a second to breath.

on the other hand, this gives some context to boudreau who drove down, did one practice, went to philadelphia and started winning games. of course we know any monkey could have done that. boudreau is a clown that cant coach.

tonights game only proves that hunter cant coach or mcphee destroyed the team or boudreau was such a clown that the team is lost.

i think that it works out well that i have a race weekend with only off site web access. which means i have to drive a couple miles away from the track to the kroger to get access.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:10 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Or realllllllly what a clown Hanlon was....

Old
11-30-2011, 12:13 AM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Meh. One game.

Work in progress. Dale Hunter will impose his will soon enough.

He already got rid of Woods. Next stop Evason aka cockroach.

Orlov continues to impress.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:15 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

No one can reply..how did Ovechkin look?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:21 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
There are a millions ways to not throw the team under the bus and not make garbage up about having their chances in the 3rd. Sure if one of those many dump ins with nobody chasing had hit a stanchion while Halak was heading behind the net and the puck ended up in an empty net it would have been tied up but that was pretty much the only chance they had.

The Caps might have had 5 decent chances all night...
Ok fine. I should have said I don't care what he says to the press or why he says it. Only thing that matters is what he's saying to the players.

Old
11-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
No one can reply..how did Ovechkin look?
Better than he had the past couple games, but still a lot of flubs and miscues. His assist on Backstrom's goal had some vintage Ovie getting out of the defensive zone and though the neutral zone, but it being converted into a point was more the result of bad coverage by Backes on Backstrom.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:49 AM
BPMrules

Well i just finished watching the game after getting home from work. Thank god the dvr wasn't full. Some positives and negatives...

the positives...
- the first 5 minutes were great, aggressive, playing the body and getting the puck deep.
- overall a better effort than I've seen in the last couple weeks
- the pk looked pretty good
- hunter being able to change anything in 1 practice, and a game day skate.
- orlov deserves to stay up, green or no green.
- No Semin minors
- Erskine had a very solid first game back
- though he didn't score, Ovechkin played with a bit more purpose tonight.

the negatives...
- hamrlik's speed. he's lost a step, and it's starting become more obvious
- getting the puck through the neutral zone was next to impossible
- vokoun's aggressiveness at the wrong time. he almost fumbled the puck away a few times.
- need to shoot more, regardless of who we play. no reason that this team should not average 35 shots a game with the guys we have out there
- the second line.
- no PP time til :16 left in the third.
- Halpern is here for experience, I know, but christ, at least let us know you're doing something out there. i didn't notice him all game, really.

i see the tide turning. didn't expect a win tonight, but they played a bit better team game than they have in weeks. pitt should be a good test on thursday night. hopefully Huntsy gets em angry and ready to put some pucks in the net.

BPMrules is offline   Reply With Quote