HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

James Neal fined $2,500

Old
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Mahstah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that Neal could have avoided whacking Subban if he wanted to...but there's also no doubt that fining Neal for doing so when Subban was the one that precipitated the incident is ridiculous.
You know what, I retract my statement above, I agree with this. Neal probably could of avoided it.

* Edit: also agree the look on Soupcan's face was priceless.

Last edited by Mahstah: 11-29-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: adding soupcan
Mahstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
LOL how does he see the fall coming?

Don't tell me you haven't been spun around just like that when someone trips you or you just lose your balance? You have no control over anything at that point.
And you know what? The NHL rulebook has always stated that no matter what, you are always responsible for your stick. ALWAYS. No exceptions. None. It's a weapon in your hands.

Did the refs miss the slew-foot? Of course. But I'd say 75% of all slew-foots are missed by the refs. It's one of the hardest things to see on the ice, no matter how many officials are out there.

But nobody will miss a whack upside the head.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

Not even going into the main thread on it. It's just going to be 17 pages over something little.

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
And you know what? The NHL rulebook has always stated that no matter what, you are always responsible for your stick. ALWAYS. No exceptions. None. It's a weapon in your hands.

Did the refs miss the slew-foot? Of course. But I'd say 75% of all slew-foots are missed by the refs. It's one of the hardest things to see on the ice, no matter how many officials are out there.

But nobody will miss a whack upside the head.
I'm not arguing control. You see a lot of high sticks that are accidents, but you have to call it.

Saying he did it on purpose? That's way off IMO.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'll agree with the fine for James tomahawking Subban over the dome but howdo you not address or take into account PK kicking the heel of Neal's skate out from under him? Old school trick but it could be dangerous.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I'm not arguing control. You see a lot of high sticks that are accidents, but you have to call it.

Saying he did it on purpose? That's way off IMO.
He didn't purposely ax Subban in the head. But once he felt the slew-foot, he knew exactly what he was doing imo. Oh this stick is just going to land like a tree, timber!

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Mahstah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
He didn't purposely ax Subban in the head. But once he felt the slew-foot, he knew exactly what he was doing imo. Oh this stick is just going to land like a tree, timber!
This made me LOL, TIMBER!

Mahstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Makes me wish Neal would've caught him even harder. What a piece of **** this kid is.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I'll agree with the fine for James tomahawking Subban over the dome but howdo you not address or take into account PK kicking the heel of Neal's skate out from under him? Old school trick but it could be dangerous.
I doubt very much the league didn't see the slew foot. I just don't think that a slew foot is something that the league deems to be a serious enough offense to merit a fine though.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKnYELLOW66 View Post
Makes me wish Neal would've caught him even harder. What a piece of **** this kid is.
I've never seen a player more careless with his hockey stick. High sticking, slew-footing, tripping, hacking, slashing. I can understand fining Neal. He should have been more careful with his stick, but shouldn't Subban?

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahstah View Post
You know what, I retract my statement above, I agree with this. Neal probably could of avoided it.

* Edit: also agree the look on Soupcan's face was priceless.
And I'm so glad he DIDN'T. I think Neal himself would agree that it was worth the $2500

Old
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarDefense View Post
I've never seen a player more careless with his hockey stick. High sticking, slew-footing, tripping, hacking, slashing. I can understand fining Neal. He should have been more careful with his stick, but shouldn't Subban?
Subban is a cocky little terd that simply hasn't been put into place as of yet by either the league, or the other players. I'm not wishing serious injury upon him, but I'm hoping that someone is capable of goading him into dropping the gloves and then proceeds to beat the piss out of him.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
****ing ridiculous decision, only done to keep things sweet and make it look the Pens did something wrong in that game.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Subban is a cocky little terd that simply hasn't been put into place as of yet by either the league, or the other players. I'm not wishing serious injury upon him, but I'm hoping that someone is capable of goading him into dropping the gloves and then proceeds to beat the piss out of him.
Has he ever fought - If I remember correctly you are a big fight guy.

I can't recall seeing him throw down... but that doesn't mean it never happened since I obviously don't watch every Hab game (which I could never bring myself to ever do).

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Jaded-Fan

Sucks, and is stupid. One of the Pens should kick his ass in one of the upcoming games, and if he refuses to fight grab his jersey and make him go.

But we won the game, Hab fans tears have filled these boards for two days, so Hab fans

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

I can't recall seeing him throw down... but that doesn't mean it never happened since I obviously don't watch every Hab game (which I could never bring myself to ever do).
He has, but mostly when forced into it and is a puss of a fighter, as you would likely suspect.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

Depends on your definition of "fighting". He pretty much "fights" the way you'd expect from a chicken **** weasel like him.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Depends on your definition of "fighting". He pretty much "fights" the way you'd expect from a chicken **** weasel like him.
Crosby would kick his ass into next week. Hell Crosby's mom would kick his ass into next month. Malkin's mom might kill him.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:04 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
If I had the priviledge of making a couple $mil a year to play hockey, I'd be more than happy to drop $2500 for the priviledge of cracking PK Subban over the head.
I read some commentary by PK Subban in which he claimed Max Pacioretty is not a dirty player (re: Letang hit)... PK would know
I smiled and laughed at this in real life, but then agreed 100%

As for PK's comments, here's the article:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10318695

Quote:
"He's not a dirty player...he especially after all he's been through has respect for the game," Subban said in the Habs' room at Brossard after a practise session that included Andrei Markov working the point on the 1st powerplay unit with Subban.
What a comedian.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Crosby would kick his ass into next week. Hell Crosby's mom would kick his ass into next month. Malkin's mom might kill him.
I could honestly just see them ragdolling each other for about a minute straight lol.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:11 PM
SidTheKid87

Not that it would apply to Neal here, but I believe the max fine under the current CBA is $2,500. Stupid. Hopefully that changes in the next one.

SidTheKid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Jaded-Fan

I wonder if this was a bone thrown to crying Hab fans after the 3 game suspension?

Old
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Jaded-Fan

If there was a booth where price for hitting Subban in the face with your stick was $2,500, the line of players waiting to pay would stretch around the arena twice.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I wish Neal would have cracked him harder. Oh well, still 2 games left against the Habs!

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
This is a joke. Not the fact that they didn't watch the replay or anything, because as a Habs fan, I agree that the "slew foot" led to this. The joke is that they fine players 2.5k and expect things to change.

2500 bucks is pocket change, it's like less then what it would be for us to get a parking ticket.
All this and more. You want to hurt a professional athlete in the wallet, it has to be $10-15k minimum. Otherwise they won't even notice. Just the number 10 makes it psychologically somewhat more serious even though it's still a drop in the bucket. What can I say, we're a based 10 society. That said if you don't review a play then I guess the piss-ant fine is better? They clearly didn't look at this too carefully.

And Subban really is turning into a punk. Second career as an actor not in doubt.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote