HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
This doesn't really fix anything....love or hate Roy, he's still proven 70 point center in this league. As is Stastny. And Roy is on less of a contract. So let's assume the upside of Statsny evens out that Roy makes 2.7 million less a year . So now the deal is Kobasew for Stafford....no.

Statsny for Stafford + Boyes makes much more sense, given the emergence of Kassian and availability of wingers if things go
south Colorado takes on some salary this year but looses some next year. Buffalo gets the center they have needed for
awhile.
Yeah... Works great for Buffalo. But as usual, another teams fan forgets about what Colorado would want... We have no use for Boyes, he's a cap dump, plain and simple. Stafford us nice, but if that's the only piece were getting then no thanks. Nor is salary a selling point for us, we have plenty of it, and are more than happy to keep Stastny's contract.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Given the age of Colorado's core players, I'd imagine they'd want at least one of Adam, Kassian, Ennis, or McNabb if they're trading Stastny.

Old
12-19-2011, 12:13 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Given the age of Colorado's core players, I'd imagine they'd want at least one of Adam, Kassian, Ennis, or McNabb if they're trading Stastny.
Do they get to ask that though? It's not like Stastny's numbers for the past season+ are worth his paycheck alone, not to mention giving up actual assets for the guy. I wouldn't add much more to a package of Stafford and salary. I know Jame keeps bringing up Phaneuf, but at least Dion was elite at things before he slumped/was traded.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:54 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

TO EDMONTON

-Derek Roy
-2nd round pick 2012

TO BUFFALO

-Sam Gagner
-1st round pick 2012

Brought this over from the main board to get your thoughts... I think this helps both teams. Roy helps the Oilers take another step towards competing for a playoff spot, good #2 behind RNH. Sabres get a yound talented center that could use a change of scenery (IMO). Tho he is a step back in terms of talent from Roy, he is still a top 6 center. The 1st rounder (my guess would be prolly 8-14 range) would give the Sabres a shot at drafting a top center prospect this year. Hell, assuming Calgary stays poor we could have 3 picks in the top 40 after something like this, could use all them to make a push for 1 of the top picks. So what do you think?

Old
12-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

[QUOTE=SECRET SQUIRREL;41172907]TO EDMONTON

-Derek Roy
-2nd round pick 2012

TO BUFFALO

-Sam Gagner
-1st round pick 2012
So what do you think?[/QUOTE

Unless the Oil pick ends up being a top-4/5 pick, I wouldn't do it.

You're downgrading heavily from Roy to Gagner and the center issue gets worse, not better.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:26 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
This doesn't really fix anything....love or hate Roy, he's still proven 70 point center in this league. As is Stastny. And Roy is on less of a contract. So let's assume the upside of Statsny evens out that Roy makes 2.7 million less a year . So now the deal is Kobasew for Stafford....no.

Statsny for Stafford + Boyes makes much more sense, given the emergence of Kassian and availability of wingers if things go south Colorado takes on some salary this year but looses some next year. Buffalo gets the center they have needed for awhile.
If you think Derek Roy brings the same stuff to the table as Stastny then you only look at stats. Also Stafford is a waste at 4.0m large. Who cares about Stafford. Come July 1st we can get 5 guys better then Stafford. I would take Stastny's contract and attitude over Roy and Stafford any day.

Boyes wont get you a bag of pucks. Want to make a trade? Gotta give to get.

Old
12-19-2011, 07:01 AM
HiddenInLight

To get statsny I'm thinking the deal would be closer to:

To BUF: Statsny

To COL:
Stafford
Boyes (cap dump)
Mcnabb/Brennon
Maybe a 4th that turns into a 3rd if we make the second round of the playoffs (3rd to second if necissary)

Colorado doesn't need a center back. They need wingers and defense. Two positions that buffalo is log jammed at.

Sabres after the trade:

Vanek - Statsny - Pomminville
Hecht - Roy - Ennis
Leino - Adam - Kassian
Gerbe - Gaustad - Tropp
Kaletta/McCormick (Or send tropp down and keep McCormick in)

Regier - Sekera
Ehrhoff - Myers
Weber - Leopold
MAG

Miller
Enroth

Disclaimer: I do not think statsny is the awnser, I think he is a similar player to roy.

But a winger+a young dman + a pick + a cap dump is how you get statsny IMO.

Old
12-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Reddawg

Had a weird dream this morning that Ruff got fired and Miller got traded to Calgary in a deal for Iginla the same day.

Very vivid, very strange.

Old
12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
HiddenInLight

I had a dream that Miller got traded for a 14th round draft pick...I don't trust dreams for trades. XD (Yes I know that there aren't 14th round picks...)

Old
12-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I had a dream that Miller got traded for a 14th round draft pick...I don't trust dreams for trades. XD (Yes I know that there aren't 14th round picks...)
You think we could get a 14th for him?

Old
12-19-2011, 08:02 AM
HiddenInLight

We are not trading him, sorry.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Still holding out that they can land Nielsen and at least staunch the bleeding with a cheap live body. Granted, nothing to say he wouldn't show up and immediately hit the IR with a stubbed shin or gout or the pox or some other bizarre weirdness.

12-19-2011, 08:36 AM
BuzzKillington90

I find the fact we've "supposedly" made roy and stafford avaiable as a sign that maybe Pegula is prodding Darcy a little.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Still holding out that they can land Nielsen and at least staunch the bleeding with a cheap live body. Granted, nothing to say he wouldn't show up and immediately hit the IR with a stubbed shin or gout or the pox or some other bizarre weirdness.
That would certainly be a proper indoctrination. That, or immediately being despised by the fanbase. I can see it now: "An undersized checking center who doesn't hit anyone!!! Great job, Darcy!!!"

Old
12-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
That would certainly be a proper indoctrination. That, or immediately being despised by the fanbase. I can see it now: "An undersized checking center who doesn't hit anyone!!! Great job, Darcy!!!"
Of course. I expect the mental midgetry of GR to be leading that charge, by a self-admitted non-hockey watcher like Schopp.

A cap wise deal to address an area of weakness without this full-tilt jettisonning of healthy bodies would be a good first step.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:50 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Of course. I expect the mental midgetry of GR to be leading that charge, by a self-admitted non-hockey watcher like Schopp.
Great wording on that one....honestly if we could get any nhl center it would help this team immensly right now.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
I'm thinking he gets a back injury grabbing his bag getting off the plane to Buffalo....

Old
12-19-2011, 09:03 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I'm thinking he gets a back injury grabbing his bag getting off the plane to Buffalo....
Breaks somthing getting hit by a parked car in the airport parking lot?

Old
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Can we trade Regier to Phx for Don Maloney?

Old
12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Statsny for Stafford + Boyes makes much more sense, given the emergence of Kassian and availability of wingers if things go south Colorado takes on some salary this year but looses some next year. Buffalo gets the center they have needed for awhile.
Not without Vanek he's not. Without Vanek he looks more like a 50 pt guy... and likewise, Vanek without Roy is a pt per game player...

Old
12-19-2011, 09:53 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Not without Vanek he's not. Without Vanek he looks more like a 50 pt guy... and likewise, Vanek without Roy is a pt per game player...
And this is why Vanek's 40 goal season was with Roy at center right? Look up Begging the Question. Your Roy claims define that logical fallacy.

Old
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Clock

Keep it on topic. Use the "ignore" button if you can't.

Old
12-19-2011, 10:52 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
So, purely based on cap hit and NHL or near ready prospects in the pipe, Stafford has to the guy who is most likely gone.

We have Armia and Kassian who both could be NHL ready next year with:

Pomniville, Stafford, and McCormick under contract and Kaleta as a RFA.

58,591,190 is our cap hit already ear marked for next year. Moving Stafford really makes alot of sense.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Digable5

Quote:
You're giving "them" too much credit. I would be expecting more calls about his stat sheet. "He only has 14 pts, he sucks!"

Old
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
You're giving "them" too much credit. I would be expecting more calls about his stat sheet. "He only has 14 pts, he sucks!"
If them is WGR they won't go as far as checking a stat sheet in this case unfortunately.

Closed Thread