HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
is the answer jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think if San Jose tears down their core, Marleau and/or Thornton will be gone long before Pavelski.
Agreed, and I'd take marleau any day of the week always liked his game.

As far as Parise is concerned sure I'd be interested if he hits FA, but if I'm considering trading Stafford I'm not holding on to him so I can lure Parise to Buffalo.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
So we should NOT trade Stafford, in the hopes of something that you DOUBT will happen.

makes sense
Did I say that? I was only commenting on your statement about Parise being a winger.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
Did I say that? I was only commenting on your statement about Parise being a winger.
sorry, my mistake. quoted wrong person.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Gagner for Stafford?
No. The last thing Buffalo needs is another undersized finesse player who doesn't affect the game nearly enough on a nightly basis. Gagner typifies the type of player that this fanbase despises right now, yet some want to acquire him because he plays center. Fewer Sam Gagners. More Brandon Dubinskys (which is why I'd do Staff for Dubinsky).

If we're acquiring a center, we need one who can play tough minutes against top players. That's been Dubinsky's role in the past, and he'd be a nice complement to Roy.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Wonder if S. Koivu would to waive his NMC to come here. Great vet with a lot of heart and a great playoff pedigree (55pts in 60gms)
I don't think he will - from some local reports here, a big part of Selanne's willingness to return one more year was based on playing alongside his buddy, Koivu. Koivu was quoted on TV last year after the Ducks were eliminated that he would take it year to year on how much longer, at age 37, he wanted to keep playing. Selanne's made it known that this will be his last season so the odds of Koivu probably hanging it up soon seem decent.

Now, not having won a Cup like Selanne did, if the Ducks are out of the playoff race when the trade deadline, maybe Koivu would consider waiving to be a rental for one last shot at a Cup. Not that the Sabres right now look close to contending but renting Koivu for the stretch drive would make sense from their end.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Roy (4), Sekera (2.75), and Boyes (4) to St. Louis.

For Oshie (2.35) and Polak (2.75)

The Sabres get a little younger, and a lot more straight line. Oshie plays big, and Polak IS big. I honestly don't know a great deal about Polak but his numbers suggest that he is a decent stay at home banger. Oshie I like, not as skilled as Roy but he is more intense.

The Blues get great scoring depth and improved talent and mobility on their blue line. Sekera can skate with some of the Wests premier forwards.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Tunnel of Death
Foligno: Beast Mode

I really want a guy like Backes from St. Louis. We'd have to pay thru the nose to get him, but he's the kind of centerman I want on this team.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:08 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Roy (4), Sekera (2.75), and Boyes (4) to St. Louis.

For Oshie (2.35) and Polak (2.75)

The Sabres get a little younger, and a lot more straight line. Oshie plays big, and Polak IS big. I honestly don't know a great deal about Polak but his numbers suggest that he is a decent stay at home banger. Oshie I like, not as skilled as Roy but he is more intense.

The Blues get great scoring depth and improved talent and mobility on their blue line. Sekera can skate with some of the Wests premier forwards.
Oshie isn't a center, so that's an automatic no from our POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel of Death View Post
I really want a guy like Backes from St. Louis. We'd have to pay thru the nose to get him, but he's the kind of centerman I want on this team.
No thanks, we don't need more wingers masquerading as centers.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Tunnel of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

Backes is currently playing quite effectively as St. Louis's #1C between Oshie and Steen. Not trying to be argumentative, but he seems to have settled into the center position quite nicely.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

Backes is playing center. He leads the Blues in faceoffs taken this year with 496 and led the team with 1138 last year.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:22 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Backes is currently playing quite effectively as St. Louis's #1C between Oshie and Steen. Not trying to be argumentative, but he seems to have settled into the center position quite nicely.
And yet I've seen Blues fans claim many a time that Backes plays best on the wing.
I just think it's a case of the Blues having no one else that can fill the role since Berglund hasn't been very good this season.

Still, there's no sense in overpaying for a player to play him out of position.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:

I could have sworn I watched Oshie play center like...4 times in the past. I guess things have changed. But if I'm wrong then I agree with you, I'm totally gun shy about bringing in another maybe canter.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Tunnel of Death

I can understand the gunshyness on that. We got burned by the Leino deal BAD.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
I can understand the gunshyness on that. We got burned by the Leino deal BAD.
Boyes too. If Boyes would have shown that he can produce offensively as a center last year, they probably don't sign Leino. I do think that eventually Leino will be a valuable asset but right now he's in a tough situation (besides being able to eat omelets made from endangered specie's eggs and sprinkled with diamond dust) coming to the team that he helped eliminate months ago. Making more than many established vets on the team despite really only ever having one goog NHL season at the age of 27. Being asked to play a position he's never had success playing at the NHL level. New coach, new enviroment, new system, etc.. In time I think he will play better, he has too right? Can't get worse.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Kassian54

If Calgary is out PO picture near trade deadline O.Jokinen might be in trade discussions. Pending UFA and 3 mil cap hit. Although he has been productive this season he lacks playoff experience. It they can't get him new contract before trade deadline he might be up there.

He has NMC but I think he is willing to waive it for playoffs and possible cup.

Old
12-21-2011, 04:10 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
I could have sworn I watched Oshie play center like...4 times in the past. I guess things have changed. But if I'm wrong then I agree with you, I'm totally gun shy about bringing in another maybe canter.
Oshie was actually marketed as a centremen when he joined the Blues. He played mostly centre in College, but he mostly plays on the wing now(although he occasionally switches back). I believe Backes also played some centre in College, but was marketed as a winger because of his physical play along the boards. Turns out that now that Backes has become a better skater he is much better suited as a centre, and Oshie can play pretty much anywhere but he seems to feed off of playing on Backes' wing. Backes does a great job and I would have no problem saying he is a true #1 centre...except for the fact that he hasn't quite learned how to win face-offs. If he learns how to consistently win face-offs then I think he'll be a good candidate for the Selke in the near future.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Blitz
With the #2 pick...

To

C Derek Roy ($4M)
LW Tyler Ennis ($875K RFA)
D Jordan Leopold ($3M)
G Jhonas Enroth ($675K)

Devils get some much needed offensive help on the backend in Leo, a faster offensive centre to play with Parise & Kovy in Roy, a young LW with great upside in Ennis & a future starter/current platooner in Jhonas.

Parise-Roy-Kovalchuk
Ennis-Elias-Clarkson
Sykora-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Carter-Janssen
X. Boulton, Palmieri

Volchenkov-Larsson
Leopold-Tallinder
Greene-Salvador
X. Fayne

Brodeur
Enroth

To

C Travis Zajac ($3.888M)
C Jacob Josefson ($900K)
D Kurtis Foster ($1.8M UFA)
G Johan Hedberg ($1.25M UFA)
2012 4th RND pick

Sabres get a more physical #1 C in Zajac, as well as a great young C with upside in Josefson (who has been played out of a top-9 job in NJ while injured) - Buffalo also aquires a more physical d-man (than Leo) in Foster who still has good offensive abilties & a veteran backup in Hedberg.

Vanek-Zajac-Pominville
Leino-Adam-Stafford
Hecht-Josefson-Boyes
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kassian
X. Kaleta, McCormick, Ellis

Myers-Regehr
Ehrhoff-Sekera
McNabb-Foster
X. Weber, Grags

Miller
Hedberg

Sabres & Devils both get a huge shakeup, cap is close to a wash

Last edited by Blitz: 12-21-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
To

C Derek Roy ($4M)
LW Tyler Ennis ($875K RFA)
D Jordan Leopold ($3M)
G Jhonas Enroth ($675K)

Devils get some much needed offensive help on the backend in Leo, a faster offensive centre to play with Parise & Kovy in Roy, a young LW with great upside in Ennis & a future starter/current platooner in Jhonas.

Parise-Roy-Kovalchuk
Ennis-Elias-Clarkson
Sykora-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Carter-Janssen
X. Boulton, Palmieri

Volchenkov-Larsson
Leopold-Tallinder
Greene-Salvador
X. Fayne

Brodeur
Enroth

To

C Travis Zajac ($3.888M)
C Jacob Josefson ($900K)
D Kurtis Foster ($1.8M UFA)
G Johan Hedberg ($1.25M UFA)
2012 4th RND pick

Sabres get a more physical #1 C in Zajac, as well as a great young C with upside in Josefson (who has been played out of a top-9 job in NJ while injured) - Buffalo also aquires a more physical d-man (than Leo) in Foster who still has good offensive abilties & a veteran backup in Hedberg.

Vanek-Zajac-Pominville
Leino-Adam-Stafford
Hecht-Josefson-Boyes
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kassian
X. Kaleta, McCormick, Ellis

Myers-Regehr
Ehrhoff-Sekera
McNabb-Foster
X. Weber, Grags

Miller
Hedberg

Sabres & Devils both get a huge shakeup, cap is close to a wash
Trade's too big, but I think Zajac is precisely the type of player they should be targeting to complement a more offensive-oriented center like Roy. He's the type of player for which I'd be willing to offer Ennis or Adam, a 1st, and another roster player.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Trade Now:
Zajac (3.888) and Foster(1.8) = 5.688
for
Ennis(.875), Boyes(4.0), Weber(.950) = 5.825

Roy (4.0) and Leopold (3.0) = 7.0
for
Stastny (6.6) and TJ Galiardi (.700) = 7.3

Stafford (4.0)
for
Brassard (3.2)

Sign Jarret Stoll in the offseason
Sign Bryan Allen in the offseason

Next Year

Vanek-Zajac-Pominville
Adam-Stastny-Kassian
Leino-Brassard-Gerbe
Kaleta-Stoll-McCormick
x Tropp, Galiardi

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Allen
x Schiestel

no more ****ing around

Old
12-21-2011, 02:52 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Trade Now:
for

for

Stafford (4.0)
for
Brassard (3.2)

Next Year

Vanek-Zajac-Pominville
Adam-Stastny-Kassian
Leino-Brassard-Gerbe
Kaleta-Stoll-McCormick
x Tropp, Galiardi

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Allen
x Schiestel

no more ****ing around
It's not a bad group of proposals, but I'm not in the Stastny fan club and I don't think Ennis will get us Zajac considering the Devils are also light at center. Personally I'd do something like this...

Deal 1:

To Calgary:
C-Derek Roy
2012 2nd round pick

To Buffalo:
C-Mikael Backlund
RW/LW- Rene Bourque
2012 1st round pick
C-Matt Stajan

The value is there for both teams. Calgary exchanges their 1st for a
2nd, but Roy is better than Bourque, and Backlund has only proven that he's not a top-6 guy. They also get free from the Stajan contract, which is nice for them. Sabres bury Stajan like they did Kotalik.

Deal 2:
To New York Rangers:
RW-Drew Stafford

To Buffalo:
C-Brandon Dubinsky

Gives the Sabres a guy who can line up between Vanek and Pominville, plays a physical style and has leadership skills. Stafford gives the Rangers a guy on basically the same contract, who has better offensive capabilities and can line up next to Richards.

Deal 3:
To Tampa Bay:
G-Ryan Miller
D- Marc-Andre Gragniani

To Buffalo:
G-Dwayne Roloson
2012 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick

Basically Tampa pays the same as Colorado did for a much more proven goalie. Granted he has a higher contract, but they also get Gragniani on a 2-way contract, can try him out and see if they like him and wanna re-sign him.
Sabres get picks and get cap space by trading Miller and Roloson's expiring contract.

Off-season free agents:
C-Frans Nielsen
G-Marty Biron

Vanek-Dubinsky-Pominville
Ennis-Adam-Bourque
Leino-Nielsen-Kassian
Gerbe-Ellis/McCormick-Kaleta
X-Tropp, Foligno

Sekera-Myers
Regehr-Erhoff
McNabb-Leopold
X-Weber

-Enroth
-Biron
X-Leggio, Knapp/Eidsness

Old
12-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
It's not a bad group of proposals, but I'm not in the Stastny fan club and I don't think Ennis will get us Zajac considering the Devils are also light at center. Personally I'd do something like this...

Deal 1:

To Calgary:
C-Derek Roy
2012 2nd round pick

To Buffalo:
C-Mikael Backlund
RW/LW- Rene Bourque
2012 1st round pick
C-Matt Stajan

2nd, but Roy is better than Bourque, and Backlund has only proven that he's not a top-6 guy. They also get free from the Stajan contract, which is nice for them. Sabres bury Stajan like they did Kotalik.

Deal 2:
To New York Rangers:
RW-Drew Stafford

To Buffalo:
C-Brandon Dubinsky

Gives the Sabres a guy who can line up between Vanek and Pominville, plays a physical style and has leadership skills. Stafford gives the Rangers a guy on basically the same contract, who has better offensive capabilities and can line up next to Richards.

Deal 3:
To Tampa Bay:
G-Ryan Miller
D- Marc-Andre Gragniani

To Buffalo:
G-Dwayne Roloson
2012 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick

Basically Tampa pays the same as Colorado did for a much more proven goalie. Granted he has a higher contract, but they also get Gragniani on a 2-way contract, can try him out and see if they like him and wanna re-sign him.
Sabres get picks and get cap space by trading Miller and Roloson's expiring contract.

Off-season free agents:
C-Frans Nielsen
G-Marty Biron

Ennis-Adam-Bourque
Leino-Nielsen-Kassian
X-Tropp, Foligno

Sekera-Myers
Regehr-Erhoff
McNabb-Leopold
X-Weber

-Enroth
-Biron
X-Leggio, Knapp/Eidsness
That's awful nice of those non-playoff teams in Calgary and Tampa to be handing us top-10/15 picks for guys who aren't playing well right now. Why are they doing those deals? Sheer kindness? A desire to see Buffalo succeed?

The only remotely realistic deal is Stafford-for-Dubinsky.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post

Deal 1:

To Calgary:
C-Derek Roy
2012 2nd round pick

To Buffalo:
C-Mikael Backlund
RW/LW- Rene Bourque
2012 1st round pick
C-Matt Stajan

Deal 2:
To New York Rangers:
RW-Drew Stafford

To Buffalo:
C-Brandon Dubinsky

Deal 3:
To Tampa Bay:
G-Ryan Miller
D- Marc-Andre Gragniani

To Buffalo:
G-Dwayne Roloson
2012 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick

Off-season free agents:
C-Frans Nielsen
G-Marty Biron

Ennis-Adam-Bourque
Leino-Nielsen-Kassian
X-Tropp, Foligno

Sekera-Myers
Regehr-Erhoff
McNabb-Leopold
X-Weber

-Enroth
-Biron
X-Leggio, Knapp/Eidsness
not sure team's will be giving up those picks... and our center situation is still a disaster after those moves.

Old
12-21-2011, 06:31 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Trade Now:
for

for

Stafford (4.0)
for
Brassard (3.2)

Next Year

Vanek-Zajac-Pominville
Adam-Stastny-Kassian
Leino-Brassard-Gerbe
Kaleta-Stoll-McCormick
x Tropp, Galiardi

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Allen
x Schiestel

no more ****ing around
I like this although I think buffalo gets more then brassard for stafford and not sure new jersey does it but sign me up. Wish we would keep ennis

Old
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I like this although I think buffalo gets more then brassard for stafford and not sure new jersey does it but sign me up. Wish we would keep ennis
I don't see NJ basically doing Zajac and Foster for Ennis and Weber.

I think the Sabres would have to add a lot more to that deal for the Devils to bite.

Old
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
not sure team's will be giving up those picks... and our center situation is still a disaster after those moves.
Well, maybe they don't. But we got a steal from Calgary when we thought we were going to have to give up Luke Adam, and we got a 2nd round pick. If we take Stajan and dump him in the minors, thats basically the same as taking Kotalik's deal but even better for the Flames because his deal is longer. The main move is Safford for Dubinsky. It gives us a top-6 center who's style is more what we need than Roy. And regarding the Calgary deal, you can take Backlund out and make it Roy and a 2nd for Bourque, Stajan, and a 1st. I think Calgary thinks long and hard about that.

And I think some team would give a 1st round pick for Miller. Varlamov got more than that, so I see Miller getting a similar return as there's the off-setting youth/age unproven/vezina winner difference that differentiate each deal.

Regardless, if Stafford can be moved for Duby and Roy and Miller for 1st's, our center situation is the same, maybe even better (it is in my belief) and you've got 3 1st's you can package for a top player or use to pick three times in the 1st. That would garner a nice group to build around Myers, Kassian, Adam, Enroth, McNabb, Pysyk, Ennis, Gerbe, Tropp, Foligno, Dubinsky and Sekera down the road.

Closed Thread