HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew5580 View Post
Why are alot of people just using Pysyk as a throw in for trade proposals? Seems ignorant.
because :

Myers 5 more seasons
Ehrhoff 9 more seasons
Sekera 3 more seasons
and with an extension hopefully
Regehr 4 more seasons

consider that McNabb is a young top 6er who the Sabres control for atleast 6 more years....

his greatest value to the Sabres right now, IMO, is as a blue chop trade piece.

Old
12-26-2011, 09:51 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
because :

Myers 5 more seasons
Ehrhoff 9 more seasons
Sekera 3 more seasons
Regehr 4 more seasons

consider that McNabb is a young top 6er who the Sabres control for atleast 6 more years....

Myers and Ehrhoff are the only two that should affect what they do with Pysyk. Who they have on the left side shouldn't factor in.

That said, if they can make a sizable improvement to the NHL roster by adding Pysyk as part of a package, especially for an upgrade at center, then they have to do it, IMO.

Old
12-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
because :

Myers 5 more seasons
Ehrhoff 9 more seasons
Sekera 3 more seasons
Regehr 4 more seasons

I wanted the Sabres to get Regehr for years and was elated when they landed him - and he hasn't disappointed one bit. However, with him being 32 when his current deal expires and recognizing that his style of play has probably subjected his body to more wear and tear faster than less physical players, I would be cautious of re-signing him to a term that long.

Barring an unexpected drop-off next season in his play, I'd rather see the Sabres extend him for 2 years, see how his level of play goes and then possibly extend him on a year to year basis or as needed to mentor their young prospects along, like they did with older defensemen like Patrick and Numminen in the past.

Old
12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I wanted the Sabres to get Regehr for years and was elated when they landed him - and he hasn't disappointed one bit. However, with him being 32 when his current deal expires and recognizing that his style of play has probably subjected his body to more wear and tear faster than less physical players, I would be cautious of re-signing him to a term that long.

Barring an unexpected drop-off next season in his play, I'd rather see the Sabres extend him for 2 years, see how his level of play goes and then possibly extend him on a year to year basis or as needed to mentor their young prospects along, like they did with older defensemen like Patrick and Numminen in the past.
If they only offer Regehr 2 seasons don't you think they will lose him like Lydman and Tallinder?

Old
12-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post

having him for "4 more seasons" (as above).... implies a 3 year extension since he has another year on his current deal.

Old
12-26-2011, 10:23 PM
drew5580

I just thought having a guy on the back end that's a 1st rd pick and supposed to be solid would be someone you'd want to keep around on the cheap for the next few years. I thought he was supposed to be solid defensively and just a few short weeks ago people were suggesting to get back Lyman. Just seems like people are giving up on him and throwing him in proposals to sweeten deals when he could be a centerpiece in a deal if given a chance. I feel like he's valued less because people havent watched him play. Canada's last cut last year and on the team this year, seems to be a guy that we could regret trading in a few years. I bet 2 months ago you'd package McNabb but think twice about it now.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
gallagt01

edit - nevermind

Last edited by gallagt01: 12-27-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old
12-27-2011, 06:21 AM
HiddenInLight

Honestly, as much value as pysyk my have, having 6 top 4 emendation isn't a bad thing...

Regehr - Myers
Ehrhoff - Sekera
McNabb - Pysyk

Considering the fact that we have them all under contract for a few years, I think that they trade Brennan if anybody.

Old
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Honestly, as much value as pysyk my have, having 6 top 4 emendation isn't a bad thing...

Regehr - Myers
Ehrhoff - Sekera
McNabb - Pysyk

Considering the fact that we have them all under contract for a few years, I think that they trade Brennan if anybody.
Brennan doesn't have the trade value that Pysyk has though.

Old
12-27-2011, 06:57 AM
HiddenInLight

I think that they trade forwards as their main pieces, maybe use Brennan as a sweetener.

Old
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
I wonder if the Caps might be willing to trade one of their big pieces?

Something like Ennis, Roy, Stafford, 1st for Backstrom and Brouwer

Flip Leopold for Shane O'Brien

Vanek-Backstrom-Pomniville
Leino-Adam-Boyes
Hecht-Gaustaud-Brouwer
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta

McNabb-Myers
Regehr-Sekera
O'Brien-Ehrhoff

Old
12-27-2011, 08:35 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Also, Buffalo needs to keep an eye on the Suter situation in Nashville. We could offer up a package of Sekera and Leopold, which would in turn allow us to lock up Suter long term.

Suter-Myers
Regehr-Ehrhoff

is a truly elite top 4.

Old
12-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I wonder if the Caps might be willing to trade one of their big pieces?

Something like Ennis, Roy, Stafford, 1st for Backstrom and Brouwer

Flip Leopold for Shane O'Brien

Vanek-Backstrom-Pomniville
Leino-Adam-Boyes
Hecht-Gaustaud-Brouwer
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta

McNabb-Myers
Regehr-Sekera
O'Brien-Ehrhoff
Caps would ask for Kassian or Myers if we want Backstrom.
I think all teams will ask for Myers or Kassian if we want their first line center.

That's why I would trade for a cheap young center who ist struggling at the moment but still has tons of potential.

Brassard and Bailey come to mind in that case.

Brassard for Stafford or Boyes straight up is a deal I would do every day of the week and twice on sunday. It also would allow us keeping Kass up. Hodgson would be worth a discussion too.

Roy for Hodgson? Done deal in my eyes.

Vanek - Brassard - Pomineville
Ennis - Hodgson - Boyes/Stafford
Leino - Adam - Kassian
Gerbe/Hecht - Gaustad - Hecht/Kaleta

Ellis, McCormick, Tropp the first callup

This forward group would be pretty young, especially at center. But the proven wingers can lead the young centers to their potential.

As for defense, I wouldn't try to trade for any improvement called Suter. I just would waive Grags and we suddenly look much stronger at defense.

Lepold, Sekera, Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Weber, McNabb, Pysyk, Brennan is nothing to sneeze at.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Caps would ask for Kassian or Myers if we want Backstrom.
I think all teams will ask for Myers or Kassian if we want their first line center.
If Kassian was the primary piece that Washington was asking for in exchange for Backstrom, you'd see my footprint on Zack's ass. Goodbye and good luck, Zack. Unfortunately, Kass would have to be the second or third best piece in a deal for someone of Backstrom's ilk.

If GMGM traded Backstrom, he'd be signing his own pink slip. Also, when's the last time a 24 yr old point/game center was traded?

Quote:
That's why I would trade for a cheap young center who ist struggling at the moment but still has tons of potential.

Brassard for Stafford or Boyes straight up is a deal I would do every day of the week and twice on sunday. It also would allow us keeping Kass up. Hodgson would be worth a discussion too.
Brassard for Boyes? Probably, but I'd have to think about it. Not sure I want to be saddled with Brassard's contract for another couple years.

Brassard for Stafford? No.

Quote:
Roy for Hodgson? Done deal in my eyes.
Doesn't work for Vancouver capwise. Not consistent with our organization's plan to win now. Vancouver grooming him to be the 3C behind Sedin and Kesler, and ultimately to take a top-6 role down the road. Not happening for several reasons.

The time to trade for Hodgson was last season.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:36 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Also, Buffalo needs to keep an eye on the Suter situation in Nashville. We could offer up a package of Sekera and Leopold, which would in turn allow us to lock up Suter long term.

Suter-Myers
Regehr-Ehrhoff

is a truly elite top 4.
Why would Nashville accept that?

Old
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Maybe he meant dealing those two in separate deals in order to have the money to sign Suter. It would be a very formidable tandem with Myers, except I believe Suter is a righty (I could be wrong though).

Old
12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Maybe he meant dealing those two in separate deals in order to have the money to sign Suter. It would be a very formidable tandem with Myers, except I believe Suter is a righty (I could be wrong though).
He shoots left and plays opposite of weber, a righty

Old
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
For a rental, that's a steep price. Obviously there would have to be some tweaks but that could be a good basis

Old
12-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Jame
Dream '16

I'd like to see what an Ennis-Boyes package could get us...

Frans Nielsen, Brock Nelson, Isles 1st
for
Ennis, Boyes, Pysyk

?

Sabres add the center depth they need this year, and create the cap space to re-sign him.
They add a big body center prospect
They add a potentially very high 1st rounder by trading two more developed 1st rounders

close? No way Isles do it?

add Calgary 2nd?

Old
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:

for
Ennis, Boyes, Pysyk

?

Sabres add the center depth they need this year, and create the cap space to re-sign him.
They add a potentially very high 1st rounder by trading two more developed 1st rounders

Add Calgary 2nd?
While I think the value is close and might even be a win for the Isles, I just don't see them trading their first round pick which right now is top 5.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
While I think the value is close and might even be a win for the Isles, I just don't see them trading their first round pick which right now is top 5.
i put it up on the trade board to see

Old
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:

for
Ennis, Boyes, Pysyk

?

add Calgary 2nd?
As I said on the trade board, I don't think the Isles do that. Boyes has no value for them as they'd just end up wheeling him for a different draft pick. Let's parse out the value of each of those Islander assets:

Frans Nielsen

Given that Buffalo (#40) and Calgary (#39) have almost identical 2nd round picks at this moment, I think Buffalo's 2nd would be sufficient.

Brock Nelson

Let's assume that Pysyk would be enough to get it done, even though I think Nelson may have a tad more value because of his size, his current numbers at UND, and that he's projected to play the most valued position (center).

NYI's 2012 1st

This is where the deal falls apart, IMO. If the draft were today, NYI would be picking #3. In other words, they'd have the pick of the non-Grigorenko and Yakupov litter. They could get the best defenseman in the draft, whoever they'd determine that to be. So what would they need to make dealing that pick worthwhile?

While Buffalo's pick currently sits at #10, I think the Isles would conservatively assume it's more likely to be around #16-18. That pick would have to be involved so that they didn't completely miss out on the first round of a draft that's rich with young defensemen.

Ennis is a nice piece, too, so we can include him, as well.

Then, just in case they did miss out on one of those stud defensemen, I think they'd want McNabb as insurance. His blend of size, aggression, and ability in both the offensive and defensive zone will make him attractive to all GMs with whom we'd try to make a huge deal.

Thus, I think this is the package we'd have to give up for Nielsen, Brock Nelson, and NYI 2012 1st:

Tyler Ennis
Mark Pysyk
Brayden McNabb
BUF 2012 1st
BUF 2012 2nd

Do you still pull the trigger on that?

Old
12-27-2011, 02:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I would trade for a cheap young center who ist struggling at the moment but still has tons of potential.

Bailey's playing well right now.

With Neilsen a ufa this July and no word on his extension,it's very unlikely that Snow moves Bailey($1m this season,$1m next season).

Ullstrom/Cizkas may end upon the NYI 3rd line and Bailey moves into Neilsen's spot if the team feels he's ready.

Old
12-27-2011, 02:16 PM
clumping platelets

McNabb is a non starter.........he's going no where

Old
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

for
Ennis, Boyes, Pysyk
?

After 4 yrs of stockpiling picks/prospects,Snow has one of the deepest prospect pools in the league.

He made it clear to the press in each of the past two drafts,that he wants quality for quality when shopping his lottery picks.If Snow is passing up a potential stud,he wants 1 back in trade.

Isles have De Haan,Donovan,Ness and Katic almost nhl ready.

Among forward prospects,they have Nino,Ullstrom,Cizkas and Petrov nhl ready.Strome,Kabanov,Lee and Nelson in the pipeline.No interest in Ennis.

Why would a team that has the 3rd/4th worst record inthe league and no where near a playoff spot,want impending ufa Boyes?

Closed Thread