HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
  #901
dkollidas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm worried - Darcy overvalues his players. It's going to be hard to ship Stafford, Roy, Boyes, etc. out, deadline or not.
Mike Cammalleri was just traded and got a decent return in Bourque. Cammalleri hasn't been an 80pt player in years, but Calgary traded as if they were dealing for a similar player. Just because a player sucks in the immediate present (i.e. Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Miller) doesn't mean they immediately lose their past value.

dkollidas is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM
  #902
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons
 
Sean McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Creasy @The_Creasy
Good news #Sabres fans? Im told BUF GM has just received a concrete "FINAL OFFER" from a west team. Will he accept? No names right now..
Take it for what it's worth... which isn't really much, because this guy doesn't have any major hockey guys following him and obviously is a bit sketchy, but it's fun to dream. Only thing he has going for him is 2600 followers.

Sean McG is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
  #903
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 23,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Take it for what it's worth... which isn't really much, because this guy doesn't have any major hockey guys following him and obviously is a bit sketchy, but it's fun to dream. Only thing he has going for him is 2600 followers.
I know the Wings have been rumored to be pretty hot for a couple of the Sabres, and it might make sense that a concrete offer was worked out in the arena tonight. Can't imagine that Holland and company were very high on any of the Sabres watching the game tonight. Also important is all of the Wings scouts were in town before departing for Vegas with the brass, where they will firm up their internal evaluations for their own prospects, other teams and current players. So the right pieces were in place for these two teams to be having serious discussions.

The Zetterberg Era is online now  
Old
01-17-2012, 01:37 AM
  #904
static80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Take it for what it's worth... which isn't really much, because this guy doesn't have any major hockey guys following him and obviously is a bit sketchy, but it's fun to dream. Only thing he has going for him is 2600 followers.
Yea, I remember posts from this twitter account during last seasons deadline. I can't remember if they got anything right, or first.

static80 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:23 AM
  #905
dkollidas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
To Phoenix:
C-Derek Roy

To Buffalo:
C-Martin Hanzal
2012 1st round pick

-Hanzal has been a good player, but never over 40 points in a season. Roy would give them a good priced center who can put up 65-75 points in a season. They look like they'll have a pick around 12-18 so if they're looking for a boost come deadline time (12.8% on the PP, tied for last in the league), maybe this deal helps Phoenix. Buffalo gets a new guy at center with size and defensive and faceoff ability, and a second 1st round pick to possibly move up for Grigorenko, or possibly draft Galchenyuk and move up with Phoenix's pick and one or both of their 2nd's to get Gaunce as well. Then move Stafford for Gagner. Center depth could reasonably be Hanzal, Gagner, Adam, Hecht (re-signed), Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Sundher and Catenacci. Get young players who still have upside and a couple blue chip prospects as well.

dkollidas is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:28 AM
  #906
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,315
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
To Phoenix:
C-Derek Roy

To Buffalo:
C-Martin Hanzal
2012 1st round pick

-Hanzal has been a good player, but never over 40 points in a season. Roy would give them a good priced center who can put up 65-75 points in a season. They look like they'll have a pick around 12-18 so if they're looking for a boost come deadline time (12.8% on the PP, tied for last in the league), maybe this deal helps Phoenix. Buffalo gets a new guy at center with size and defensive and faceoff ability, and a second 1st round pick to possibly move up for Grigorenko, or possibly draft Galchenyuk and move up with Phoenix's pick and one or both of their 2nd's to get Gaunce as well. Then move Stafford for Gagner. Center depth could reasonably be Hanzal, Gagner, Adam, Hecht (re-signed), Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Sundher and Catenacci. Get young players who still have upside and a couple blue chip prospects as well.
PHX doesn't do it. Draft picks are their lifeblood, so they're not giving up a 1st rounder in this draft. Also, Hanzal is a Tippett favorite. They didn't just sign him to a five-year deal so that they could trade him for a guy who's UFA in summer 2013 and makes $5.5m next season, which is a real problem for as long as they're in Phoenix and owned by the league.

Buffalo doesn't do it, either, in all likelihood. The only way I see Roy being moved is for an upgrade at 1C. Hanzal is not that, though he'd be a good complement to Roy.

Again, though, totally moot since the 'Yotes will never trade Hanzal, at least not while Tippett is the coach.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
  #907
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Phoenix wouldn't even consider that trade straight up! People that just look at stat lines drive me nuts. Hanzal is already one of the PREMIER shutdown centers in this league and he is just entering his prime. As Zip said, Tippett loves this kid, no chance in hell he wants Roy in place of him.

SECRET SQUIRREL is online now  
Old
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
  #908
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
PHX doesn't do it. Draft picks are their lifeblood, so they're not giving up a 1st rounder in this draft. Also, Hanzal is a Tippett favorite. They didn't just sign him to a five-year deal so that they could trade him for a guy who's UFA in summer 2013 and makes $5.5m next season, which is a real problem for as long as they're in Phoenix and owned by the league.

Buffalo doesn't do it, either, in all likelihood. The only way I see Roy being moved is for an upgrade at 1C. Hanzal is not that, though he'd be a good complement to Roy.

Again, though, totally moot since the 'Yotes will never trade Hanzal, at least not while Tippett is the coach.
QFT.

thefifagod is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
  #909
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Ryan Miller

for

Edmonton 1st round pick and Khabibulin

?

Begin the sell off, and we could easily be looking at 2 top 10 picks...

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  #910
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Ryan Miller

for

Edmonton 1st round pick and Khabibulin

?

Begin the sell off, and we could easily be looking at 2 top 10 picks...
Why would Edmonton give up a premium pick like that for Miller who is struggling to badly right now?

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I just can't see Edmonton giving up that pick. Especially for Miller.

There are some Oilers fans that didn't want to give up that pick for Myers.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
  #911
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Why would Edmonton give up a premium pick like that for Miller who is struggling to badly right now?

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I just can't see Edmonton giving up that pick. Especially for Miller.

There are some Oilers fans that didn't want to give up that pick for Myers.
but... but... he's an elite vezina goalie?

i can make up a bunch of reasons Edmonton might do it... none of which I would actually do from their perspective...

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
  #912
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,315
vCash: 500
Miller + Leopold for Roszival, OEL and a goalie.

Nevermind, Smith's stats are bonkers. I thought he was puttering along at like .910 and playing half of his team's starts. Not 30+ GP and a .927 save percentage.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
  #913
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Miller + Leopold for Roszival, OEL and a goalie.
barf... no

what??? seriously?

Miller needs to return a high end pick and/or a young center prospect/nhl'er.

not a 2nd pairing dman of which we have 27 right now... OEL is a good young talent, but we have plenty of guys like him.

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
  #914
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Nevermind, Smith's stats are bonkers. I thought he was puttering along at like .910 and playing half of his team's starts. Not 30+ GP and a .927 save percentage.
good coach, system, team = good goaltending.... from pretty much anyone.

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
  #915
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
good coach, system, team = good goaltending.... from pretty much anyone.
I don't disagree.

So, there are only about four teams in need of goaltending and I'm not sure if any of them would part with the assets you want for Miller.

All I can think is something like Connolly + Malone with some of our forwards getting moved in separate deals.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
  #916
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,315
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I don't disagree.

So, there are only about four teams in need of goaltending and I'm not sure if any of them would part with the assets you want for Miller.

All I can think is something like Connolly + Malone with some of our forwards getting moved in separate deals.
Tampa would be better off riding out this season and pursuing Vokoun or Harding in the offseason. Or trading for Backstrom if Minny decides to go with Harding/Hackett.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
  #917
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I don't disagree.

So, there are only about four teams in need of goaltending and I'm not sure if any of them would part with the assets you want for Miller.

All I can think is something like Connolly + Malone with some of our forwards getting moved in separate deals.
DONE

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
  #918
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,315
vCash: 500
Vokoun doesn't help them long-term though, Harding is unproven as more than a 1B and has a worse injury history than Miller. Backstrom is pretty milquetoast.

I'm not saying that any one of those ideas are wrong, per se, but I think there are reasons for Yzerman to make a move for Miller.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
  #919
Sabretip
Registered User
 
Sabretip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
For those that lobbied for acquiring him:

Quote:
Columbus' Derick Brassard has been taken off the market, I was told last night, since Scott Arniel was fired. He's played real well his first couple games under Todd Richards.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137415168.html

Sabretip is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
  #920
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
For those that lobbied for acquiring him:



http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137415168.html
bummer... was my top (realistic) possibility this year

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
  #921
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,077
vCash: 50
Miller for Vinny (Gasman can always eat his contract in 7 or 8 years)

Stafford for Harding (Hackett is ready, MIN lookin for a top 6 F, Drews a midwest boy who could help pitch Parise)

Leopold & Jacobs for Mark McNeil & 4th

Gaustad & Ennis for Ott & Vincour

Boyes for pucks

Vanek-Vinny-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Hecht
Adam-Ott-Kassian
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta
Ellis, Tropp, Chewy, Vincour...McNeil & Armia on the way

Sekera-Regher
Myers-McNabb
Weber-Ehrhoff
Gragnani

let Enroth & Harding compete and ride the hot one.

Sabreality is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
  #922
TehDoak
I Like Eich
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 20,236
vCash: 903
Quote:
Creasy @The_Creasy
Good news #Sabres fans? Im told BUF GM has just received a concrete "FINAL OFFER" from a west team. Will he accept? No names right now..
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/137395908.html

Quote:
The injury will cause Koivu to miss this month's All-Star Game, but he is expected to travel with the Wild during its upcoming father-son trip to Philadelphia and Toronto because his father, Jukka, is scheduled to meet the team in Philadelphia.

With the Wild down to no extra forwards and already without injured second-line wingers Guillaume Latendresse and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, it will have to make a roster move Monday.

However, nobody was recalled as of Sunday night, and there was a sense Fletcher was burning up the phone lines in an attempt to make a trade.
Just some thoughts. Have no idea of the validity of the twitter source.

TehDoak is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
  #923
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/137395908.html



Just some thoughts. Have no idea of the validity of the twitter source.
the only thing of desire in Minny, is Granlund... and to a lesser extent, Phillips.

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
  #924
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons
 
Sean McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
I didn't really know where to post this... but on Sportsnet just now, they were talking about dealing Ryan Miller. Kypreos basically said that the goalie market is pretty dry, and teams like Tampa, NYI, and Columbus who need a goalie are more likely to deal for one in the offseason.

Also, Damien Cox said something along the lines of "Why would Anaheim want to deal for a goalie, they've got a young one signed long term." Ryan Miller, 31, will be 32 in July. Jonas Hiller, 29, will be 30 in less than a month. I get annoyed when people on here make proposals for him because they think we're getting a young goalie, but let alone a guy in the media.

Sean McG is offline  
Old
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  #925
McTankel
Registered User
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 50
Ryan Miller for Jeff Carter. Columbus needs a goalie, we need a number one center. Cap hit is 5.2 for long term for Jeff Carter, which frees up a million for us. It's a win win for both, what does everyone else think?

McTankel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.