HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm worried - Darcy overvalues his players. It's going to be hard to ship Stafford, Roy, Boyes, etc. out, deadline or not.
Mike Cammalleri was just traded and got a decent return in Bourque. Cammalleri hasn't been an 80pt player in years, but Calgary traded as if they were dealing for a similar player. Just because a player sucks in the immediate present (i.e. Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Miller) doesn't mean they immediately lose their past value.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Quote:
Creasy @The_Creasy
Good news #Sabres fans? Im told BUF GM has just received a concrete "FINAL OFFER" from a west team. Will he accept? No names right now..
Take it for what it's worth... which isn't really much, because this guy doesn't have any major hockey guys following him and obviously is a bit sketchy, but it's fun to dream. Only thing he has going for him is 2600 followers.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Take it for what it's worth... which isn't really much, because this guy doesn't have any major hockey guys following him and obviously is a bit sketchy, but it's fun to dream. Only thing he has going for him is 2600 followers.
I know the Wings have been rumored to be pretty hot for a couple of the Sabres, and it might make sense that a concrete offer was worked out in the arena tonight. Can't imagine that Holland and company were very high on any of the Sabres watching the game tonight. Also important is all of the Wings scouts were in town before departing for Vegas with the brass, where they will firm up their internal evaluations for their own prospects, other teams and current players. So the right pieces were in place for these two teams to be having serious discussions.

Old
01-17-2012, 01:37 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Yea, I remember posts from this twitter account during last seasons deadline. I can't remember if they got anything right, or first.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:23 AM
dkollidas

To Phoenix:
C-Derek Roy

To Buffalo:
C-Martin Hanzal
2012 1st round pick

-Hanzal has been a good player, but never over 40 points in a season. Roy would give them a good priced center who can put up 65-75 points in a season. They look like they'll have a pick around 12-18 so if they're looking for a boost come deadline time (12.8% on the PP, tied for last in the league), maybe this deal helps Phoenix. Buffalo gets a new guy at center with size and defensive and faceoff ability, and a second 1st round pick to possibly move up for Grigorenko, or possibly draft Galchenyuk and move up with Phoenix's pick and one or both of their 2nd's to get Gaunce as well. Then move Stafford for Gagner. Center depth could reasonably be Hanzal, Gagner, Adam, Hecht (re-signed), Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Sundher and Catenacci. Get young players who still have upside and a couple blue chip prospects as well.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
To Phoenix:
C-Derek Roy

To Buffalo:
C-Martin Hanzal
2012 1st round pick

-Hanzal has been a good player, but never over 40 points in a season. Roy would give them a good priced center who can put up 65-75 points in a season. They look like they'll have a pick around 12-18 so if they're looking for a boost come deadline time (12.8% on the PP, tied for last in the league), maybe this deal helps Phoenix. Buffalo gets a new guy at center with size and defensive and faceoff ability, and a second 1st round pick to possibly move up for Grigorenko, or possibly draft Galchenyuk and move up with Phoenix's pick and one or both of their 2nd's to get Gaunce as well. Then move Stafford for Gagner. Center depth could reasonably be Hanzal, Gagner, Adam, Hecht (re-signed), Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Sundher and Catenacci. Get young players who still have upside and a couple blue chip prospects as well.
PHX doesn't do it. Draft picks are their lifeblood, so they're not giving up a 1st rounder in this draft. Also, Hanzal is a Tippett favorite. They didn't just sign him to a five-year deal so that they could trade him for a guy who's UFA in summer 2013 and makes $5.5m next season, which is a real problem for as long as they're in Phoenix and owned by the league.

Buffalo doesn't do it, either, in all likelihood. The only way I see Roy being moved is for an upgrade at 1C. Hanzal is not that, though he'd be a good complement to Roy.

Again, though, totally moot since the 'Yotes will never trade Hanzal, at least not while Tippett is the coach.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Phoenix wouldn't even consider that trade straight up! People that just look at stat lines drive me nuts. Hanzal is already one of the PREMIER shutdown centers in this league and he is just entering his prime. As Zip said, Tippett loves this kid, no chance in hell he wants Roy in place of him.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
PHX doesn't do it. Draft picks are their lifeblood, so they're not giving up a 1st rounder in this draft. Also, Hanzal is a Tippett favorite. They didn't just sign him to a five-year deal so that they could trade him for a guy who's UFA in summer 2013 and makes $5.5m next season, which is a real problem for as long as they're in Phoenix and owned by the league.

Buffalo doesn't do it, either, in all likelihood. The only way I see Roy being moved is for an upgrade at 1C. Hanzal is not that, though he'd be a good complement to Roy.

Again, though, totally moot since the 'Yotes will never trade Hanzal, at least not while Tippett is the coach.
QFT.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Ryan Miller

for

Edmonton 1st round pick and Khabibulin

?

Begin the sell off, and we could easily be looking at 2 top 10 picks...

Old
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Ryan Miller

for

Edmonton 1st round pick and Khabibulin

?

Begin the sell off, and we could easily be looking at 2 top 10 picks...
Why would Edmonton give up a premium pick like that for Miller who is struggling to badly right now?

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I just can't see Edmonton giving up that pick. Especially for Miller.

There are some Oilers fans that didn't want to give up that pick for Myers.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Why would Edmonton give up a premium pick like that for Miller who is struggling to badly right now?

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I just can't see Edmonton giving up that pick. Especially for Miller.

There are some Oilers fans that didn't want to give up that pick for Myers.
but... but... he's an elite vezina goalie?

i can make up a bunch of reasons Edmonton might do it... none of which I would actually do from their perspective...

Old
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Miller + Leopold for Roszival, OEL and a goalie.

Nevermind, Smith's stats are bonkers. I thought he was puttering along at like .910 and playing half of his team's starts. Not 30+ GP and a .927 save percentage.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Miller + Leopold for Roszival, OEL and a goalie.
barf... no

what??? seriously?

Miller needs to return a high end pick and/or a young center prospect/nhl'er.

not a 2nd pairing dman of which we have 27 right now... OEL is a good young talent, but we have plenty of guys like him.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Nevermind, Smith's stats are bonkers. I thought he was puttering along at like .910 and playing half of his team's starts. Not 30+ GP and a .927 save percentage.
good coach, system, team = good goaltending.... from pretty much anyone.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
good coach, system, team = good goaltending.... from pretty much anyone.
I don't disagree.

So, there are only about four teams in need of goaltending and I'm not sure if any of them would part with the assets you want for Miller.

All I can think is something like Connolly + Malone with some of our forwards getting moved in separate deals.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
I don't disagree.

So, there are only about four teams in need of goaltending and I'm not sure if any of them would part with the assets you want for Miller.

All I can think is something like Connolly + Malone with some of our forwards getting moved in separate deals.
Tampa would be better off riding out this season and pursuing Vokoun or Harding in the offseason. Or trading for Backstrom if Minny decides to go with Harding/Hackett.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
I don't disagree.

DONE

Old
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Vokoun doesn't help them long-term though, Harding is unproven as more than a 1B and has a worse injury history than Miller. Backstrom is pretty milquetoast.

I'm not saying that any one of those ideas are wrong, per se, but I think there are reasons for Yzerman to make a move for Miller.

Old
01-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Sabretip

For those that lobbied for acquiring him:

Quote:
Columbus' Derick Brassard has been taken off the market, I was told last night, since Scott Arniel was fired. He's played real well his first couple games under Todd Richards.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137415168.html

Old
01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
For those that lobbied for acquiring him:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137415168.html
bummer... was my top (realistic) possibility this year

Old
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
Miller for Vinny (Gasman can always eat his contract in 7 or 8 years)

Stafford for Harding (Hackett is ready, MIN lookin for a top 6 F, Drews a midwest boy who could help pitch Parise)

Leopold & Jacobs for Mark McNeil & 4th

Gaustad & Ennis for Ott & Vincour

Boyes for pucks

Vanek-Vinny-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Hecht
Adam-Ott-Kassian
Gerbe-McCormick-Kaleta
Ellis, Tropp, Chewy, Vincour...McNeil & Armia on the way

Sekera-Regher
Myers-McNabb
Weber-Ehrhoff
Gragnani

let Enroth & Harding compete and ride the hot one.

Old
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Creasy @The_Creasy
Good news #Sabres fans? Im told BUF GM has just received a concrete "FINAL OFFER" from a west team. Will he accept? No names right now..
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/137395908.html

Quote:
The injury will cause Koivu to miss this month's All-Star Game, but he is expected to travel with the Wild during its upcoming father-son trip to Philadelphia and Toronto because his father, Jukka, is scheduled to meet the team in Philadelphia.

With the Wild down to no extra forwards and already without injured second-line wingers Guillaume Latendresse and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, it will have to make a roster move Monday.

However, nobody was recalled as of Sunday night, and there was a sense Fletcher was burning up the phone lines in an attempt to make a trade.
Just some thoughts. Have no idea of the validity of the twitter source.

Old
01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/137395908.html

Just some thoughts. Have no idea of the validity of the twitter source.
the only thing of desire in Minny, is Granlund... and to a lesser extent, Phillips.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

I didn't really know where to post this... but on Sportsnet just now, they were talking about dealing Ryan Miller. Kypreos basically said that the goalie market is pretty dry, and teams like Tampa, NYI, and Columbus who need a goalie are more likely to deal for one in the offseason.

Also, Damien Cox said something along the lines of "Why would Anaheim want to deal for a goalie, they've got a young one signed long term." Ryan Miller, 31, will be 32 in July. Jonas Hiller, 29, will be 30 in less than a month. I get annoyed when people on here make proposals for him because they think we're getting a young goalie, but let alone a guy in the media.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
McTankel

vCash: 50
Ryan Miller for Jeff Carter. Columbus needs a goalie, we need a number one center. Cap hit is 5.2 for long term for Jeff Carter, which frees up a million for us. It's a win win for both, what does everyone else think?

Closed Thread