HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
The Washer

vCash: 500
GM --> Me

1. Lose out for 2nd pick. (Grigs or Yaks)
2. Trade Miller or Myers, with or without 1st's (basically whatever it takes) to Columbus for the #1 pick (Grigs or Yaks)
3. Trade for the rights to Radulov aka Jagr-lite (Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Boyes....whatever it takes)
4. Grigs and Yaks play IMMEDIATELY. Second line with Radulov. Radulov can mentor and all can communicate on this line. And they stay together on the same line, at minimum, 1 WHOLE season. Cannot stand when coaches do not give their lines time to gel. Ruff is the worst at this!!!!!!
5. Foligno-Adams-Kassian becomes the 3rd line (And STAYS together for a whole season minimum)
4. GTF outta town "Old" core
5. Vanek, Leino, Pominville now become assets to recoup lost 1st's or replace franchise d-men/goaltending. (May still need one more C or D after the dust settles)

Not a Wisher or a Dreamer....this is completely reality based and doable (see the SEDINS)! And please, no one wants to hear "Miller makes the save" 5 years from now....and I really dont give a fizz-uck if Myers becames the next Lindstrom...defense is boring and I dont pay to watch a great defense (and besides his size....I havent seen anything THAT great anyways)....but I will beg borrow and steal to see the next generations Malkin-Kovalchuk-Jagrlite (stole the Malkin/Kovy comparison from another poster)....light it up for the next 10yrs.....plus I am dying to see the line combination of Foligno-Adams-Kassian....Foligno and Kassian killed it at the World Juniors playing on the same line.

Your "New-clear" core:

1st: Vanek - Leino - Pominville (Not married to this in the least)
2nd: Radulov - Grigorenko - Yakupov
3rd: Foligno - Adams - Kassian
4th: Gerbe - Ennis - Armia (or whomever is left Boyes, Kaleta...etc)

Def w/out Myers

Erhoff - Sekera
Regher - Mcnabb
TJ Brennan - xxxxxx (whomever is left....leo...weber...grags)

Def with Myers (Millers gone)

Erhoff - Regher
Myers - Mcnabb
Sekera - TJ Brennan

Conclusion:

1. Old core gone (I can now watch a Sabres game. I refuse to allow my ears to hear the following words ever again....Roy....Stafford....Pominville....Miller.. ...Gaustad. I would of included Boyes but you never hear his name anyways lol)
2. Small ball is gone. 3rd line will become Buffalo's version of the "Legion of Doom"
3. Lost a franchise goalie or defenseman......gained....a FRANCHISE!!!

Release the hounds!!!

Old
01-18-2012, 02:52 PM
The Washer

GM --> Me

1. Lose out for 2nd pick. (Grigs or Yaks)
2. Trade Miller or Myers, with or without 1st's (basically whatever it takes) to Columbus for the #1 pick (Grigs or Yaks)
3. Trade for the rights to Radulov aka Jagr-lite (Roy, Stafford, Ennis, Boyes....whatever it takes)
4. Grigs and Yaks play IMMEDIATELY. Second line with Radulov. Radulov can mentor and all can communicate on this line. And they stay together on the same line, at minimum, 1 WHOLE season. Cannot stand when coaches do not give their lines time to gel. Ruff is the worst at this!!!!!!
5. Foligno-Adams-Kassian becomes the 3rd line (And STAYS together for a whole season minimum)
5. Vanek, Leino, Pominville now become assets to recoup lost 1st's or replace franchise d-men/goaltending. (May still need one more C or D after the dust settles)

Not a Wisher or a Dreamer....this is completely reality based and doable (see the SEDINS)! And please, no one wants to hear "Miller makes the save" 5 years from now....and I really dont give a fizz-uck if Myers becames the next Lindstrom...defense is boring and I dont pay to watch a great defense (and besides his size....I havent seen anything THAT great anyways)....but I will beg borrow and steal to see the next generations Malkin-Kovalchuk-Jagrlite....light it up for the next 10yrs.....plus I am dying to see the line combination of Foligno-Adams-Kassian....Foligno and Kassian killed it at the World Juniors playing on the same line.

Your "New-clear" core:

1st: Vanek - Leino - Pominville
2nd: Radulov - Grigorenko - yakupov

Def w/out Myers

Erhoff - Sekera
Regher - Mcnabb

Erhoff - Regher
Myers - Mcnabb
Sekera - TJ Brennan

Conclusion:

1. Old core gone (I can now watch a Sabres game. I refuse to allow my ears to hear the following words ever again....Roy....Stafford....Pominville....Miller.. ...Gaustad. I would of included Boyes but you never hear his name anyways lol)
2. Small ball is gone. 3rd line will become Buffalo's version of the "Legion of Doom"

Release the hounds!!!

Old
01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgothemo View Post
GM --> Me

1. Lose out for 2nd pick. (Lenko or Yaks)
2. Trade Miller or Myers, with or without 1st's (basically whatever it takes) to Columbus for the #1 pick (Lenko or Yaks)

Not a Wisher or a Dreamer....this is completely reality based and doable (see the SEDINS)! And please, no one wants to hear "Miller makes the save" 5 years from now....and I really dont give a fizz-uck if Myers becames the next Lindstrom...defense is boring and I dont pay to watch a great defense (and besides his size....I havent seen anything THAT great anyways)....but I will beg borrow and steal to see the next generations Malkin-Kovalchuk-Jagrlite....light it up for the next 10yrs.....plus I am dying to see the line combination of Foligno-Adams-Kassian....Foligno and Kassian killed it at the World Juniors playing on the same line.

Your "New-clear" core:

Def w/out Myers

Erhoff - Sekera
Regher - Mcnabb

Erhoff - Regher
Myers - Mcnabb
Sekera - TJ Brennan

Conclusion:

1. Old core gone (I can now watch a Sabres game. I refuse to allow my ears to hear the following words ever again....Roy....Stafford....Pominville....Miller.....Gaustad. I would of included Boyes but you never hear his name anyways lol)

Release the hounds!!!
I'll skip the obvious hilarity and just highlight that small piece of amusement.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:57 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

And with all those rookies or minimal experienced players, we would get our ass handed to us all season long. We would probably go 20-50-12. Great way to develop young talent. Not.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
The Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I'll skip the obvious hilarity and just highlight that small piece of amusement.
lol....If it was last year I would of kept Roy....for once you can say someone "played" their way onto this team.....but I still hate hearing his name

Old
01-18-2012, 03:00 PM
FoSotC

Quote:
Adams
It's Adam. Luke Adam. I'll ignore the other misspelled names, but this one bugs me the most.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Do you guys think Leopold is someone who could be moved at/before the deadline?

Also, what is your team looking for? A scoring forward? Depth?
I think Leopold could be moved at the deadline. We already have $57m committed to next season's payroll, and that's before Ennis gets his first raise (probably in the neighborhood of $2.5m). We'll likely have to cut payroll somewhere to shore up holes in other areas. With Regehr, Myers, Sekera, and Ehrhoff all under contract next season, and McNabb making it clear he should be on the roster--and no shortage of candidates to fill the #6/#7 slots--Leopold could be a guy who could alleviate some salary stress and still bring back a solid return.

We're looking for young centers--prospects or AHLers--or top-60 picks that could later be used as trade bait. We don't need any defensemen, and we don't really need wingers who don't bring high-end ability to the table. While I don't dislike Mason Raymond, our team doesn't need another 40-point winger, especially at LW where we already have Vanek, Ennis, Leino, Gerbe, and Adam fighting for minutes. Schroeder also makes us smaller on a roster that already includes Ennis, Gerbe, and Roy.

This may be a case where the parties are bad trade partners. I think a team like Chicago, who has more of a need for Leopold and has more of the type of assets Buffalo would find attractive, may be a better dance partner for Leopold. I'm sure Buffalo would love to get their hands on Jensen, but I don't see any reason why Vancouver would be looking to trade him, and especially not just for Leopold.

But, just for fun, if we were dealing Leo to Vancouver, I'd offer something like this:

Leopold + 2013 4th (we don't have one this year) for Anton Rodin + 2012 2nd

Old
01-18-2012, 03:02 PM
tjshisler

Quote:

plus I am dying to see the line combination of Foligno-Adams-Kassian....Foligno and Kassian killed it at the World Juniors playing on the same line.

Your "New-clear" core:

It's Adam.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
If you just look at stats, you wont know much about the player.
Talk to anyone who watches the Chicago Wolves play (Canucks AHL team). They'll tell you that Schroeder is actually having a good season. He really stepped up his defensive game from last season.
Every time I've seen him come through Rochester he has been too forgettable for my taste.

The Sabres need center help and I'm sorry if a 0.5 ppg guy in the AHL isn't getting me excited.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think Leopold could be moved at the deadline. We already have $57m committed to next season's payroll, and that's before Ennis gets his first raise (probably in the neighborhood of $2.5m). We'll likely have to cut payroll somewhere to shore up holes in other areas. With Regehr, Myers, Sekera, and Ehrhoff all under contract next season, and McNabb making it clear he should be on the roster--and no shortage of candidates to fill the #6/#7 slots--Leopold could be a guy who could alleviate some salary stress and still bring back a solid return.

We're looking for young centers--prospects or AHLers--or top-60 picks that could later be used as trade bait. We don't need any defensemen, and we don't really need wingers who don't bring high-end ability to the table. While I don't dislike Mason Raymond, our team doesn't need another 40-point winger, especially at LW where we already have Vanek, Ennis, Leino, Gerbe, and Adam fighting for minutes. Schroeder also makes us smaller on a roster that already includes Ennis, Gerbe, and Roy.

This may be a case where the parties are bad trade partners. I think a team like Chicago, who has more of a need for Leopold and has more of the type of assets Buffalo would find attractive, may be a better dance partner for Leopold. I'm sure Buffalo would love to get their hands on Jensen, but I don't see any reason why Vancouver would be looking to trade him, and especially not just for Leopold.

But, just for fun, if we were dealing Leo to Vancouver, I'd offer something like this:

Leopold + 2012 3rd for Anton Rodin + 2012 2nd
Just so you know, Raymond also plays on the right wing. He can also play center, but he is bad at faceoffs.

I'd probably do that deal, although I'm not keen on the Canucks moving their 2nd round pick in this deal.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Hanzal is no more a 1st line center than Hecht.
I'd still take him over Hecht, or Roy for that matter. And as Zip posted, yes, maybe Tippet really likes Hanzal. But he's never been over 35 points in a season, has never scored more than 16 goals, and while he's still young, at 25 he's not a prospect anymore. So IMO, trading a 35-40 pt/season center and a mid 1st is similar to trading a solid prospect and a mid-1st for Roy, which is what many have offered/seen as his legit trade value. So I don't think it's too much of a fairy land deal. And yes, maybe Roy at 5.5m in actual salary is a bit much as opposed to 3.1 for Hanzal, but also remember, Doan's contract will be off the books and he may look forward to staying in Phoenix to play with a center as talented as Roy, who could boost his numbers a bit. Same goes for Whitney. Hanzal's a good defensive center, but he's more of a very very good 3rd liner as opposed to a top-line center.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:09 PM
The Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
And with all those rookies or minimal experienced players, we would get our ass handed to us all season long. We would probably go 20-50-12. Great way to develop young talent. Not.
And our record is what after developing our previous talent into the players they are now???? Stafford, Roy, Pominville, Weber, Kaleta, Grags?? Whats our record again??? And when did we win that championship again??? Whatever dude....we suck next year we get another high pick....and mayb if i feel like it...we suck the year after that and grab yet another high pick.....but you know what that makes US....the fkn PENGUINS....and from what I recall....they won with this recipe....so whatever dude.....enjoy your mediocre world!

Old
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Hooooooly ****

Old
01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
sabresEH

Nvm.

Last edited by sabresEH: 01-18-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: messed up
Old
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
tjshisler

Quote:
And our record is what after developing our previous talent into the players they are now???? Stafford, Roy, Pominville, Weber, Kaleta, Grags?? Whats our record again??? And when did we win that championship again??? Whatever dude....we suck next year we get another high pick....and mayb if i feel like it...we suck the year after that and grab yet another high pick.....but you know what that makes US....the fkn PENGUINS....and from what I recall....they won with this recipe....so whatever dude.....enjoy your mediocre world!
So you want to watch ****** hockey for the next two years? Good luck with that buddy. We've been half a season and everybody's going insane. Plus I'm sure it'll go over well when the GM walks in to the locker and tells the players he wants them to suck.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Isn't there a user minimum amount of posts threshold before starting a new thread?

Yikes. He lost me at GM.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
It's ambitious, I'll give it that.

01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
HiddenInLight

At least I got a good laugh out of that....besides the fact that he doesn't know who Luke ADAM (NO S!!!!!!!!!!!!) and wants Pommer both gone AND on our first line. The same with Vanek. Not to mention he is still under some impression that Leino is a first line center. It's just Hilarious.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
yeah - and screw defense. that's so boring. who needs it?

Old
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I saw a Gaustad to the Flyers thread on the Flyers board, and they were saying something like Gragnani for Read and a pick!!!

Old
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
michaelsaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
At least I got a good laugh out of that....besides the fact that he doesn't know who Luke ADAM (NO S!!!!!!!!!!!!) and wants Pommer both gone AND on our first line. The same with Vanek. Not to mention he is still under some impression that Leino is a first line center. It's just Hilarious.
Pominville is Schrodinger's cat.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I saw a Gaustad to the Flyers thread on the Flyers board, and they were saying something like Gragnani for Read and a pick!!!
A million times done; Read would look great as our 3rd line RW with one of Boyes or Stafford gone; saves us salary, too.

Really wish Boyes would turn it around; I like him a lot more than Stafford right now, even though he hasn't produced at ES

Old
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsaas View Post
Pominville is Schrodinger's cat.
Only if you dont watch the game or look at the starting line up.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Hitting the magic number. Time to move to another thread....

Closed Thread