HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
This team has needed a major rebuild for the last 4 seasons.

The Rochester core that the previous front office was in love with, is/was NOT a championship caliber team. The core is just too weak.

When you look at the best teams in the league---the ones that a reasonable person would think are a contender, they have a certain look, a certain vibe, a certain swagger.

The Bruins have it.
The Flyers have had it recently.
The Penguins have it.
The Canucks have it.
The Red Wings have it.

I cannot see a core like Buffalo's raising that Cup. Too many streaky players, not enough go-to guys, if any.
And yet, the Flyers and the Canucks have yet to win a Cup. I don't think there is any one or two things you can put your finger on and say that's it, that's why they're a contender. I don't think it has anything to do with streaky guys, Boston started the season terribly and were in last place at one point and then they went 12-0-1 through November. Are they too streaky? I'm not even sure if it's about not having enough go-to guys. Chara is really the only go-to guy I can even think of on Boston on their Cup run. The key in the playoffs is depth, and the Bruins had that in abundance, and I believe this team has really good depth too. Not to say they're a contender, just saying it's very easy when the team is struggling to say they're lacking that swagger or vibe, or missing that go-to guy.

Old
12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
HiddenInLight

I'm hoping to see vanek become that go to guy this year

Old
12-02-2011, 09:39 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Honestly, I think Brassard is just not the answer at this point.
He doesn't look like he'll live up to his potential IMO.
Columbus' answer to Marek Zagrapan!

Seriously though, I wouldn't offer up more than a prospect like Schiestel or Biega.

Old
12-02-2011, 09:53 AM
HiddenInLight

Only offere boyes because it pulls a bit off our cap.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Cory Sarich has allegedly asked out of Calgary. As I've posted several times on the trade board, I think swapping Boyes for Sarich makes a fair bit of sense. First, it adds needed depth to our blueline, especially with all the injuries. He can play 13-14 ES minutes, and two PK minutes per night. Second, Sarich adds some physicality and net presence. Third, many Flames fans talk about what a good mentor he is to the younger guys, which would help here.

I think Boyes is redundant, a one-dimensional player, and probably the most useless ES player we have in our top-9. I think this deal makes sense on a lot of levels, as both make approximately the same amount of money and are impending UFAs.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
HiddenInLight

It also gives us about 400k in capspace back.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
It also gives us about 400k in capspace back.
He's also won a Cup. We don't have one those on the team this year.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
HiddenInLight

Id definatly pull the trigger on that one of the few times a straight up swap helps both sides.

Old
12-02-2011, 10:45 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Yeah, I'd do Boyes for Sarich. Not sure if Calgary would want to trade with us again. Although I thought Boyes was one of our best players before he went down.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Yeah, I'd do Boyes for Sarich. Not sure if Calgary would want to trade with us again. Although I thought Boyes was one of our best players before he went down.
He started playing better, but he only had 3 ES pts in 21 games. That's bad. He was good on the PP, but I think we have enough forwards who could take those PP minutes.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:12 AM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Stasny's not worth Stafford, Sekera and Armia.

Hell, you could easily get Gezlaf for that.
I think he is and, you have to remember, Anaheim would want a center coming back that can play NOW. Not 3 or 4 years down the line.

With Colorado having Duchene and O'Reilly, the package makes more sense for them.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
I agree, I really liked his play before he got hurt. He was really good on the PP, at ES his play was much improved. His production didn't show it but I did like his play at ES as well.

With that said, I would probably swap him for Sarich, assuming that meant something happened with MAG. Considering that would give us 8 dmen on the roster once healthy, a move would have to be made.

Old
12-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
I'm hoping to see vanek become that go to guy this year
I think he already has, hasn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Columbus' answer to Marek Zagrapan!

Seriously though, I wouldn't offer up more than a prospect like Schiestel or Biega.
Agreed - Brassard has been overvalued by many on this board IMO. He may have great potential but that's all it is - and it hasn't come up to par with his salary at this point. I'd much rather see a more proven player be acquired than a reclamation project.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Cory Sarich has allegedly asked out of Calgary. As I've posted several times on the trade board, I think swapping Boyes for Sarich makes a fair bit of sense. First, it adds needed depth to our blueline, especially with all the injuries. He can play 13-14 ES minutes, and two PK minutes per night. Second, Sarich adds some physicality and net presence. Third, many Flames fans talk about what a good mentor he is to the younger guys, which would help here.

I think Boyes is redundant, a one-dimensional player, and probably the most useless ES player we have in our top-9. I think this deal makes sense on a lot of levels, as both make approximately the same amount of money and are impending UFAs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I agree, I really liked his play before he got hurt. He was really good on the PP, at ES his play was much improved. His production didn't show it but I did like his play at ES as well.

With that said, I would probably swap him for Sarich, assuming that meant something happened with MAG. Considering that would give us 8 dmen on the roster once healthy, a move would have to be made.
In light of this news, I doubt the Flames would deal Sarich or any defenseman now - they may actually have to acquire one:

Quote:
The Calgary Flames got some bad news in regards to defenceman Mark Giordano.

The club announced on Friday that Giordano has ruptured tendons in his leg and will be out indefinitely.

His status will be evaluated again in three weeks, when Giordano has another MRI

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381782

Old
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
And yet, the Flyers and the Canucks have yet to win a Cup..
But they were both totally primed and ready....and wouldn't have surprised anybody if they HAD won the Cup.

Quote:
I don't think it has anything to do with streaky guys, Boston started the season terribly and were in last place at one point and then they went 12-0-1 through November. Are they too streaky?
Don't confuse "streaky", which too many Sabre forwards are, with a Cup hangover, which is clearly what was going on with Boston.

Quote:
I'm not even sure if it's about not having enough go-to guys. Chara is really the only go-to guy I can even think of on Boston on their Cup run.
The Bruins have several players that you can feel fairly confident will put the puck in the net when it's absolutely neccessary. The Sabres lost that in July, 2007.

Quote:
The key in the playoffs is depth, and the Bruins had that in abundance
True.

Quote:
and I believe this team has really good depth too. Not to say they're a contender, just saying it's very easy when the team is struggling to say they're lacking that swagger or vibe, or missing that go-to guy.
This Sabres team doesn't have a lot of depth IMHO. And again, it goes back to a weak core.

The BEST Sabres team of the last decade, without question, was the team that was playing the second half of '05-'06 and the first half of '06-'07. They were the hottest team going for the end of one season into the beginning of the next. Had that play shifted neatly into one full-season, the Sabres would've won the Cup. Unfortunately, as often happens, their play trailed off by the time the '07 playoffs got underway. And then the guts of the core slipped away and the most legit window of opportunity slammed shut.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
HiddenInLight

To Buffalo - C - Statsny

To COL-
F - Stafford
D- Leopold

Or switch stafford with Boyes
Or switch Leopold with Sekera.

Keep McNabb up to replace the traded defenseman. Maybe get a mid round pick from colorado with the first deal considering how statsny has played this year.

Vanek - Statsny - Pomminville
Hecht - Roy - Ennis
Leino - Adam - Boyes
Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaletta

Give statsny the Vanek Pommer line to pull him out of his funk. Anybody can succeed with Vanek and Pommer on your wing. Move hecht back to the wing. Keep Kassian up until boyes returns.

Myers/Regehr
Ehrhoff/McNabb
Sekera/Weber

Grags, Ellis, McCormik

Old
12-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
CALGARY SUN/CALGARY HERALD/SPORTSNET: Calgary Flames general manager Jay Feaster met with the local media yesterday, where he vigorously denied rumors that had him asking team captain Jarome Iginla to waive his movement clause to facilitate a trade. “It is not true” said Feaster. “Jarome Iginla has not been asked to waive his no-trade, and Jarome Iginla has not demanded a trade or asked for a trade. There is no list (of teams he’d go to). There is no smoking gun. There is nobody on the grassy knoll. What else do you need?” The reports also noted Iginla’s agent, Don Meehan, also said his client never asked to be dealt, nor has he been approached a trade.

Feaster also said, ““When it’s a non-story and we have to stand here and rebut it, the rebuttal becomes the story. I don’t know that it’s fair to the organization — and I know that it’s not fair to Jarome. But it’s troubling. I guess one of the questions I have — where do these things start? Legitimate sources? Or is it a blogger in the basement in his underwear that says, ‘This is the rumour du jour’? Then you guys feel the need to come and track it down.”

Quote:
SPORTNET: Rhett Warrener reported Flames defenseman Cory Sarich had demanded a trade.

CALGARY SUN: Randy Sportak reported Feaster wouldn’t confirm or deny the report. “Those conversations are not something I’m comfortable sharing with the media” said Feaster. “Cory is an important part of the group here, an important part of the mix right now.”

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Feaster, Iginla and his agent can’t win. Refusing to address the rumors only gives them more life, and denying them never brings them to an end, because the originators cover their butts when the rumors fall through by claiming Iginla refused to waive his clause. Color me naive, but I’ll take Iginla and Feaster at their word.
http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/...cember-3-2011/

Old
12-10-2011, 06:21 AM
HiddenInLight

Was looking at the trade forum and an oilers fan said that Hemsky could probably be had for a pick and a prospect so what do you guys think of this proposal:

To BUF: Hemsky

To EDM: TJ Brennon
2012 2nd round pick (BUF)
Or
MA Gragnani
2012 2nd Round pick (CGY)

Old
12-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Was looking at the trade forum and an oilers fan said that Hemsky could probably be had for a pick and a prospect so what do you guys think of this proposal:

To BUF: Hemsky

To EDM: TJ Brennon
2012 2nd round pick (BUF)
Or
MA Gragnani
2012 2nd Round pick (CGY)
That address no need for the Sabres and ties up another $4+ million on the wing.

12-10-2011, 08:48 AM
HiddenInLight

Didn't he play a bit of center last season? I may be recalling wrong.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
TragicallySabres

I like the idea of Boyes for Sarich for sure.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Regier should be calling up his buddy Lombardi in LA to see who might be available from the Kings. Something around Stafford and Boyes and a pick for Brown and Stoll? Brown's seemingly in much of the Kings' fanbase's doghouse right now. He may need a shakeup. Stafford we know needs a shakeup.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I kept pondering a Roy/Stafford for Stoll/Brown swap and couldn't think of anything the Kings could add to fix the value. Completely forgot about Boyes. We'd prolly have to throw in a prospect rather than a pick, but I'd do it. Good call, Chain.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I kept pondering a Roy/Stafford for Stoll/Brown swap and couldn't think of anything the Kings could add to fix the value. Completely forgot about Boyes. We'd prolly have to throw in a prospect rather than a pick, but I'd do it. Good call, Chain.
They already have Kopitar-Richards as 1/2. Stoll is a pending UFA now on their third line who is sort of Barnes-esque as a mid-40's point producer. It's mostly a shift in production (including SO skills) for Stoll and Boyes, as both are pending UFA and all that. Brown-Stafford would likely require the Sabres to kick something else into the mix and the Kings are already swimming in defensemen. I can't imagine Regier making the call, let alone being willing to kick in more, but it's a nice lunchtime diversion.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:12 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Regier should be calling up his buddy Lombardi in LA to see who might be available from the Kings. Something around Stafford and Boyes and a pick for Brown and Stoll? Brown's seemingly in much of the Kings' fanbase's doghouse right now. He may need a shakeup. Stafford we know needs a shakeup.
Stoll is more of a 3rd line 2-way center isn't he?

Vanek-Adam-Pommers
Ennis-Roy-Brown
Leino-Stoll-Kassian
dice roll of the rest of the forwards.

I would love to keep Kassian up, but the way Leino/Kassian/Adams have been working I'd prefer a better center then Stoll....not to mention that Mike Richards is injured I believe....so they probably wouldn't trade a center at the moment.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Stafford, Gaustad, Calgary's 2nd for Stoll, Brown, Loktionov. Boyes for a pick. Loktionov + the Boyes pick for Nielsen.

Vanek-Nielsen-Pominville
Ennis-Roy-Kassian
Hecht/Gerbe-Stoll-Brown
Hecht/Gerbe-Hecht/McCormick-Kaleta

Edit- Who is Ville Leino? And Luke Adam. Apparently Buffalo can't take on extra forwards. Bah.

Closed Thread