HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Justin Braun to Worcester 11/29

Old
11-29-2011, 03:30 PM

vCash: 500
Justin Braun to Worcester 11/29

No link yet but my source is batting 1.000 in two seasons so I'm confident enough to report it.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Gilligans Island

Ouch, 2 bad plays last night and he gets the boot.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM
WTFetus

And Demers rests easy now.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM

It's now being reported on theahl.com.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Ouch. Come back better than ever JB.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Hope Braun comes back to the big club soon.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:41 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Roster space for Niitty?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:42 PM

I think that fact he's the only guy on the roster that doesn't need to clear waivers is the main reason he was sent back to Worcester.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:44 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Roster space for Niitty?
They won't need roster space for Niitty for at least a couple more weeks...

I'm guessing they just want to get both he and Demers some consistent playing time.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Roster space for Niitty?
Shepppppppparddddddddd!!! ... :-D

We just fixed our 3rd line problems guys ...

11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
PondShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I think that fact he's the only guy on the roster that doesn't need to clear waivers is the main reason he was sent back to Worcester.
This, add he finally had a game that provided the coaches with a reason to send him down. He will be back for the last 20 games or so and playoffs.

PondShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

I'm ok with it. Let Demers find his game, let braun get some time in the A. Maybe a trade is coming soon?

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PondShark View Post
This, add he finally had a game that provided the coaches with a reason to send him down. He will be back for the last 20 games or so and playoffs.
I don't think last night's game played a role at all...my guess is this was part of the plan when McLaren was sent to Worcester to condition a couple weeks ago.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive View Post
I'm ok with it. Let Demers find his game, let braun get some time in the A. Maybe a trade is coming soon?
Exact thought crossed my mind.

If DW has been watching our last few games then that is definitely a possibility ..

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
bleedteal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post

Praise Toews!!

bleedteal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:

Sweet.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:

Hot Damn yes!

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Clowe Me

Does anyone think he may be showcasing Demers with this move? yes, Braun is prone to mistakes, but so far this season, they way he carries himself and plays the puck he seems to have a higher ceiling than Demers.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Does anyone think he may be showcasing Demers with this move? yes, Braun is prone to mistakes, but so far this season, they way he carries himself and plays the puck he seems to have a higher ceiling than Demers.
And this is exactly the way folks were describing Demers last season or the one before that (prone to mistakes, seems to have a higher ceiling [than Joslin AND Braun at the time]). Demers is struggling a bit. Not getting consistent playing time is no doubt feeding into it. But showcasing Demers because he's struggling a bit right now would be retarded beyond belief. Since it's DW we're talking about, I wouldn't put it past him, but hopefully even he's not so stupid as to try and trade Demers right now.

Demer's hasn't even played the equivalent of two full seasons of NHL hockey yet. Let's give the kid a bit of leeway to continue his development. Just as folks were saying Murray didn't even belong in the NHL for much of his first 2 seasons. Demers will need time to continue growing. But you don't showcase a d-man with top-4 potential who can run your PP just because he's struggling to start the season out. Especially when in last years playoffs he was one of the teams best defensemen.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
And this is exactly the way folks were describing Demers last season or the one before that (prone to mistakes, seems to have a higher ceiling [than Joslin AND Braun at the time]). Demers is struggling a bit. Not getting consistent playing time is no doubt feeding into it. But showcasing Demers because he's struggling a bit right now would be retarded beyond belief. Since it's DW we're talking about, I wouldn't put it past him, but hopefully even he's not so stupid as to try and trade Demers right now.

Demer's hasn't even played the equivalent of two full seasons of NHL hockey yet. Let's give the kid a bit of leeway to continue his development. Just as folks were saying Murray didn't even belong in the NHL for much of his first 2 seasons. Demers will need time to continue growing. But you don't showcase a d-man with top-4 potential who can run your PP just because he's struggling to start the season out. Especially when in last years playoffs he was one of the teams best defensemen.
I don't like the idea of having 8 d-men and scuffling 4 in and out every other game. The only one out of those 4 who have played well when he's come in is Vandermeer.

I don't want Demers traded, either. But with the way the team is being run at the moment, it doesn't make very much sense to play a guy and send him down the very next night when ,aside from the errant pass to Moreau, he's played very well. Just seems fishy.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Les Wynan*

Trading Demers, unless it's in a package for a spectacular young two-way top six forward, would be a bigger mistake than trading Ehrhoff was. You could easily make the argument that he was the Sharks' best defenseman last season (which you could have never, ever said about Ehrhoff). Yeah he's sucked this year but hopefully this move with Braun allows him to play his way out of a slump.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
Trading Demers, unless it's in a package for a spectacular young two-way top six forward, would be a bigger mistake than trading Ehrhoff was. You could easily make the argument that he was the Sharks' best defenseman last season (which you could have never, ever said about Ehrhoff). Yeah he's sucked this year but hopefully this move with Braun allows him to play his way out of a slump.
Uhm, I could absolutely say that about Ehrhoff, and did, loudly, before he was traded. He was also Vancouver's arguably best d-men after that.

That said, Demers was great last year, and I don't want to see him traded. The problem is, even if you do trade him for a stud forward, the likelyhood of getting one of equivalent salary is pretty small. At this point I would actually prefer trading Murray, of all our D-men he seems to be getting the most slack for his performance but is having the worst season of all of them. He's also not long for this team with the emergence of Vlasic, so if you are going to move a defensemen, move him.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

TMac and Co aren't very happy with the play in the past couple games. There is no room this season for accepting poor execution. That means they should respond a little faster in getting guys playing or making a move to get the team's attention. That move can be in less PT (something they are using), they can take people off lines and elevate others (something they are doing), they can demote and promote (what they just did), or they can make a trade. There is an order of moves with this team to 1) get the players attention, 2) expect results or make changes of the people in the lockerroom. We aren't yet at the stage where I expect a trade will be made, but I doubt DW waits to the deadline to make it this season.

11-29-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
TMac and Co aren't very happy with the play in the past couple games. There is no room this season for accepting poor execution. That means they should respond a little faster in getting guys playing or making a move to get the team's attention. That move can be in less PT (something they are using), they can take people off lines and elevate others (something they are doing), they can demote and promote (what they just did), or they can make a trade. There is an order of moves with this team to 1) get the players attention, 2) expect results or make changes of the people in the lockerroom. We aren't yet at the stage where I expect a trade will be made, but I doubt DW waits to the deadline to make it this season.
Yeah, good luck with that "promote" thing.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Uhm, I could absolutely say that about Ehrhoff, and did, loudly, before he was traded. He was also Vancouver's arguably best d-men after that.
Well you would have been wrong. Carle and Vlasic were both better than Ehrhoff in 07-08 while Blake and Vlasic were both better than Ehrhoff in his final season. I'd like to hear the argument that he was Vancouver's best defenseman either of his seasons there. Best point producer from the back end? Sure, he was gifted gobs of PP time and used in heavily sheltered situations at even-strength, almost always playing behind the Sedins who are the poster boys for line sheltering in the NHL, to ensure offensive production. Willie Mitchell was the Canucks' best defenseman in 09-10 and Dan Hamhuis was their best last season. Alex Edler was also better than Ehrhoff both years and I'd probably even put Bieksa ahead of Ehrhoff last season although it's clear he was heavily dependent on Hamhuis.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote