HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

General OT Thread #8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
  #26
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,775
vCash: 500
That's the first thing that comes to mind, quotability.

Also, Fletch is awesome. The perfect 2am Comedy Central movie.

Jarick is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 12:55 PM
  #27
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Cancer?
No some kind of upper respiratory virus or something thats aggravating things on an off and on basis. Might be making my childhood asthma flare up a little too. I dunno. All I know is I go hours at a time where I feel fine and then for like 10-20 minutes I'm coughing and hacking and cant breathe and bleh.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:00 PM
  #28
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Actually lots, I just cut out the 90's and 2000's because my post was going on forever.

Old School, Anchorman, 40 YO Virgin, Superbad, Hangover, Wedding Crashers, Starsky & Hutch, all pretty great movies. Probably more I'm forgetting and a lot I haven't seen.
Honestly, Anchorman is the only one of those movies I can watch and still find hilarious. So many great quotes in that movie.

And I need to throw Hot Shots in the discussion too. Some parts were meh, but Lloyd Bridges as Admiral Benson was just comedy gold.

Engebretson is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
  #29
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Honestly, Anchorman is the only one of those movies I can watch and still find hilarious. So many great quotes in that movie.

And I need to throw Hot Shots in the discussion too. Some parts were meh, but Lloyd Bridges as Admiral Benson was just comedy gold.
"I immediately regret this decision"
and
"That escalated quickly"

Are two quotes I use on a near daily basis, not even as a reference now, they've just worked their way into my lexicon.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
  #30
TurnStyles5
Registered User
 
TurnStyles5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burnsville, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Honestly, Anchorman is the only one of those movies I can watch and still find hilarious. So many great quotes in that movie.

And I need to throw Hot Shots in the discussion too. Some parts were meh, but Lloyd Bridges as Admiral Benson was just comedy gold.
One of my favorite movies. "Knights of Columbus that hurt!" Quote it all the time.

TurnStyles5 is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
  #31
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Movies like Pulp Fiction and Ferris Bueller's Day Off weren't exactly hot sensations when they were released. They're cult classics, so if you're looking for comparables from this generation, don't look at big name movies. You're more likely to see something like Scott Pilgrim vs The World as that type in 10 years than Anchorman or The Hangover.

squidz* is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
  #32
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Movies like Pulp Fiction and Ferris Bueller's Day Off weren't exactly hot sensations when they were released. They're cult classics, so if you're looking for comparables from this generation, don't look at big name movies. You're more likely to see something like Scott Pilgrim vs The World as that type in 10 years than Anchorman or The Hangover.
Yup. For example Ferris is alot more timeless than other more mainstream comedies at the time.

Foxlockbox is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
  #33
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,041
vCash: 500
Everytime I watch The Hangover, I like it less. I think too much of the comedy in that movie is either shock value or Zach Galifianakis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
"I immediately regret this decision"
and
"That escalated quickly"

Are two quotes I use on a near daily basis, not even as a reference now, they've just worked their way into my lexicon.
"I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me." and "60% of the time, it works everytime."

Engebretson is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
  #34
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,775
vCash: 500
I've only seen it once. But it was pretty fantastic. Also only seen Superbad twice.

Jarick is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:14 PM
  #35
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 50
Hangovers part one and two were both absolutely hilarious. No idea if I will laugh as much again if I watch them again tho.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
  #36
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,727
vCash: 500
The first hangover was great, the second not so much.

edit: my gf has threatened to drag me to twilight for dragging her to the 2nd hangover movie.


Last edited by Northland Wild Man: 11-30-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Northland Wild Man is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 04:34 PM
  #37
Dee Oh Cee
Registered User
 
Dee Oh Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Farmington
Country: United States
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
Anchorman is so so so good every time.

What in the hells diversity?

I believe it's an old old wooden ship...used in the Civil War era.

Dee Oh Cee is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 04:58 PM
  #38
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
So, I lost my job today, as did some others. Well, we had a choice, but the nature of the job would've been significantly different, so we refused. Time to find a new job.

Thankfully, I will still get a full wage in 2 weeks in addition to the one I received today. Yay.

First, I will get myself a 32" LCD-TV to go with Skyrim that I bought today.
Sorry to hear that - hopefully you can find a new job soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Someone feels all lonesome now

Poor Dr. James Sheppard.


__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
  #39
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 710
Posting from my new laptop.

Feels good, man.

I ordered my cooling pad and mouse on black Friday on amazon but they have yet to be shipped. Yet the two cheap ass games have already gone out. Ish makes me rage.

Still getting the hang of it. I should be able to watch the games and post on these boards at the same time now. Expect to see me in the GDTs more

tyratoku is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:49 PM
  #40
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Apparently the Pioneer Press (heh) are getting a new Wild (and Twins) beat writer. We shall see how he is. He's one of us, from Apple Valley...

http://twitter.com/#!/masnBen

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
  #41
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
But what about 90s Ric Flair, I mean Bruce Brothers. Did this Goessling guy beat the man?

GopherState is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:54 PM
  #42
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 50
Masn eh? AS in mid atlantic sports network? Hmm.

Well, once he starts coughing stuff up we'll give him a shot.

Avder is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:56 PM
  #43
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,400
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Posting from my new laptop.

Feels good, man.

I ordered my cooling pad and mouse on black Friday on amazon but they have yet to be shipped. Yet the two cheap ass games have already gone out. Ish makes me rage.

Still getting the hang of it. I should be able to watch the games and post on these boards at the same time now. Expect to see me in the GDTs more
Yep, I get my TV (hopefully) this week so I can watch hockey and type at the same time.

Still feel kinda bad for losing my job. Oh well, I'm looking for something different this time. Maybe a night job would be nice, it would mean I'd never see Wild games though but still... I think it'd be better suited for me.

Puhis is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
  #44
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,703
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Poor Dr. James Sheppard.

HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAAAAAA

my favorite doctored picture of a Wild player. Dr. Shames Jeppard.

rynryn is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
  #45
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
I like what Reynolds does on HW quite a bit but when things come up he always tends to get a severe case of butt hurt. It gets a bit tiring...

this providence is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
  #46
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Apparently the Pioneer Press (heh) are getting a new Wild (and Twins) beat writer. We shall see how he is. He's one of us, from Apple Valley...

http://twitter.com/#!/masnBen
I'll be interested to see how he does, but I'm a little attached to Russo, he's not perfect but I enjoy his reporting and his snark and the bickering he does on Twitter, mainly to Falness and Adater.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
  #47
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
You can all fight over whatever post your were. I'll just be that guy who drug up the T-Quick video again.

Yuck. Yuck! Yuck! Don't make me post a video of hot guys to even the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
The first hangover was great, the second not so much.

edit: my gf has threatened to drag me to twilight for dragging her to the 2nd hangover movie.
Dump her!

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
  #48
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Yuck. Yuck! Yuck! Don't make me post a video of hot guys to even the score.
Well, I wouldn't consider her hot, per se. But anyway the video is a bit of a tradition now for it's pure, nails on the chalkboard, awfulness. Had to do it...

this providence is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
  #49
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I like what Reynolds does on HW quite a bit but when things come up he always tends to get a severe case of butt hurt. It gets a bit tiring...
My only issue is the constant complaining of getting no respect. We do it here sometimes too, so it's not like I'm trying to say we're better, but at least we try to find ways to go against the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
I'll be interested to see how he does, but I'm a little attached to Russo, he's not perfect but I enjoy his reporting and his snark and the bickering he does on Twitter, mainly to Falness and Adater.
Russo in my opinion understands the importance of social media better than anyone. He's a good writer but there are plenty of good writers. The fact that he is so personable is what helps him more than anything - it's why the word of Russo is gospel around these parts.

GopherState is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
  #50
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Well, I wouldn't consider her hot, per se. But anyway the video is a bit of a tradition now for it's pure, nails on the chalkboard, awfulness. Had to do it...
Did someone say "nails on the chalkboard awfulness?"


squidz* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.