12-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
This is a joke, right guys?

Guys?

OMG. I can't believe someone thought it would be a good idea to release that. I'd be embarrassed to show that to my friends if I were Metallica. It seems like a parody or some comic's routine come to fruition. "So I always thought it would be funny to mash up two completely different and random acts... Alright, here's Lou Reed singing for Metallica." The audience laughs before he even does the impression.

Old
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
I didn't see it either. I didn't get to see Cotto whoop up on Margarito as well...

Good news, though. 1.5 weeks of finals/papers and then only one more year of grad school left. I will be in MN in December, too, so I look forward to be able to play some boot and get some skating in...
Mayhem showed a lot of ring rust and some bad cardio - he owned the first but then tired out and Bisping boxed him to death.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
12-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

After watching their documentary, which was one of the funniest/strangest things I've seen, I'm convinced that Metallica is either so full of themselves that they truly think they are gods among men, or that they decided to start pranking the entire world starting with St Anger/Some Kind of Monster.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I woke up with the "Dangle Snipe & Celly" stuck in my head. It's not a good way off a Monday.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I woke up with the "Dangle Snipe & Celly" stuck in my head. It's not a good way off a Monday.
I woke up with Skinny Puppy's "Assimilate" ringing through my head...

That pretty much means I'm going to have a Dexter-Like day...

Old
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Holy crap this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstanzel
Mayor Coleman announces @redbullMSP #crashedice event, coming to downtown St Paul in January. Going to be one wild show. Estimates 50k ppl

Old
12-05-2011, 10:29 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Holy crap this is awesome!
Sweet. It was fun watching some of that on TV last year. I might have to make a trip down to the cities...

Old
12-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well then **** it. Lets go kill Hitler.
Ever heard of the Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act?

Old
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
There are several others, as well...

Stopping the Black Death... Stopping the Christian purge of non-believers during the 300-400AD.

Sometimes, history has to be allowed to run its course. This includes the bad, which spawns the good. Current example; Obama's Administration.

/ducks

Old
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
There are several others, as well...

Stopping the Black Death... Stopping the Christian purge of non-believers during the 300-400AD.

Sometimes, history has to be allowed to run its course. This includes the bad, which spawns the good. Current example; Obama's Administration.

/ducks
Oh god this small mention brings me back to some great times on the old Wild.com boards...with 27, mplspug, rynryn, etc. talking politics with dirtyspeed and a few others on the other side...there were some absolutely hilarious (and very smart) people who posted in there.

Oh, and tballz!

Old
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Oh god this small mention brings me back to some great times on the old Wild.com boards...with 27, mplspug, rynryn, etc. talking politics with dirtyspeed and a few others on the other side...there were some absolutely hilarious (and very smart) people who posted in there.

Oh, and tballz!
Yeah, I avoid political forums/discussions lately (last 5 years count as lately?).

However, I am a founding member of the "Honey Badger Party".

It's sort of based on a grass-roots, Libertarian ideology where we "don't care" what anyone else does, as long as they "don't care" what we do, and we have a government that "don't give a ****" about what we do, and since they "don't care" they "don't need" our money...

Old
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I hated the politics forum on the old boards, as much as I used to post in it. So much useless anger and frustration.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I hated the politics forum on the old boards, as much as I used to post in it. So much useless anger and frustration.
Pretty hard to find any politics discussion without this.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Pretty hard to find any politics discussion without this.
Then the "Honey Badger Party" may be right for you...

Old
12-05-2011, 03:45 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Then the "Honey Badger Party" may be right for you...
How similar is it to the voter apathy party? Being that I'm already a member of the Apathy party I don't want to be redundant, not that I really care or anything.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
We'll bring James Sheppard and his popcorn machine with and see just how bad it all gets ****ed up. I mean, its all gonna end in 2012 anyway. Might as well go out with a party.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
We'll bring James Sheppard and his popcorn machine with and see just how bad it all gets ****ed up. I mean, its all gonna end in 2012 anyway. Might as well go out with a party.
We return and James Sheppard is worshipped as a God and popcorn is the national food.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
How similar is it to the voter apathy party? Being that I'm already a member of the Apathy party I don't want to be redundant, not that I really care or anything.
Youre too enthusiastic. We'd revoke your membership card if we cared.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
..whatever..

Old
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:

Old
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
In honor of the OT title.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
In honor of the OT title.

I just.....his....he looks so.......

I think baldness suits him.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

I'm flabbergasted.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

"Popcorn Time Machine"

Wow most players gain weight after they retire. He looks meaner now.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
I forgot to post that I finished a Storm of Swords last week.

My thoughts(in spoiler tags, just in case)

Spoil:
I thought it started out slow but picked up steam in the last third of the book. However, I thought the way GRRM handled all teh main character deaths was boring and quick.

Robb's death? Done and over with so quickly I had to go back and read it a few times. Not because it was a shock, but because the way he worded that chapter was confusing and made me question what I was reading. I think it is a good plot point to kill him though, at least so far. Why did I care more about his wolf dying than him dying? Dunno. But I did. I didn't care that Robb's head was hacked off, I got pissed when they cut his dog's head off to sew on it.

Catelyn's death(and then revival?) was done pretty much the same way. I didn't care for it or against it at all. When she came back I know you as a reader are supposed to go "Oh my god she's alive!" but really, I just kinda said okay and moved on. It was odd that Arya's wolf(right? This hasn't been confirmed I don't think, but she is like Bran and her dreams are actually living through her wolf, right? I was confused because isn't her first dream as the wolf killing all of the brave companions, but then they're alive anyway? I got confused by this.) found Catelyn in the river. I didn't get the point of including that in the book.

Jon becoming Lord Commander was well done. I had that spoiled to me before so I knew it was going to happen but I thought it was well done. Jon is probably my second or third favorite character at this point. Stannis saving all of them at the battle was pretty cool, too. Which brings me to my next point;

Davos the onion knight: I cared for him little in the last book and some in this book, but his last two or three chapters were very well done, IMO. When he broke it down for Stannis and started reading about the need at the wall, I just got super happy. But then Davos is never mentioned again, and one of the black brothers says that a man was burned for quick travel before they departed for the wall. I hope it wasn't Davos.

Jaime grew on me, I'll admit. I enjoyed reading his chapters in the latter half of the book.

Cersei: Don't care about either way. I know I'm supposed to hate her, but I don't. The only thing I hate about her is reading about her, she's just a boring character.

Tyrion: meh, I enjoyed his parts early on and he really grew on me in the middle of the book, but by the end I didn't care. He admits to Jaime he killed Joff? lol wut? Then he kills Tywin? lol wut. That death was just ****ing lame and stupid. I did like to see that he got his revenge on his wench though.

Sansa: meh. Boring character, I don't care what happens to her at all. Littlefinger killing her aunt was a decent moment, but it wasn't as crazy as it should have been. I assume Littlefinger's plan from the start was to marry the aunt to get his claim on the land then kill her to somehow arrange a marriage with Sansa? Living his catelyn fantasies though the daughter?

Arya: Favorite character bar none. Reuniting with the Hound was awesome, it was sad to see him die as I really enjoyed his character. Then she left on the ship at the end and now in this fourth book she's going to become an assassin(I assume? I just ended her first chapter when she arrived in Braavos.)

Bran's journey north: cool. I've been thinking that the black-handed rider is the uncle Stark, Benjen or whatever. Pure speculation that will probably be confirmed or denied as I read on. That suspenseful part in the tower with the wildlings(and Jon) right there was very well handled. Then meeting up with Sam was done masterfully. I fully assumed the thing coming up the well was going to be an Other or something.

I'm 4-6 chapters into the 4th. Brienne's aiight, IMO. Arya's a badass. Jon's a dick to Sam. Cersei is boring. That's pretty much how far I am now.

I'd rate the books so far:

Game of Thrones: 7/10
Clash of Kings: 8/10
Storm of Swords: 7/10

I graded them harder than I usually grade books, but whatever. However you read my thoughts on these books, I do enjoy the series.

Last edited by FUBAR McDangles: 12-06-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread