HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Lightning-Canucks potential deal?

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Don't understand this logic. Luongo has been as far in the NHL playoffs as Roloson, + has won an olympic gold. I do realize that judgement seems to be marred by his poor start (which Luongo does every October) but the guy was a runner up to the Vezina last year...

I thought the Canucks and Lighting would make great trading partners... main problem now is the Canucks forward depth is looking great. Really all they could use is a top top top young d-man, which would likely be a Hedman type. Other than that there's really no reason to trade Schneider.

Luongo for the most part was carried by great teams, rather than him carrying them. He can be great but he just seems to not be able to rise to the occasion.

Honestly, Id take Luongo if it were on different terms and other options werent there for the Lightning. BUT the contract is ridiculous. And I want no part of that.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Don't understand this logic. Luongo has been as far in the NHL playoffs as Roloson, + has won an olympic gold. I do realize that judgement seems to be marred by his poor start (which Luongo does every October) but the guy was a runner up to the Vezina last year...

I thought the Canucks and Lighting would make great trading partners... main problem now is the Canucks forward depth is looking great. Really all they could use is a top top top young d-man, which would likely be a Hedman type. Other than that there's really no reason to trade Schneider.
That's a little contradicting don't you think?

The Lightning need D more than anything.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:13 PM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
That's a little contradicting don't you think?

The Lightning need D more than anything.
Agreed.

The lightning are my east team and I literally watch every game. I would kill for Schneider to be on TBL. And I would be pissed at SFY if he ever brought in Luongo.

I still feel a Conolloy for Schneider deal to be the best possible solution as neither team wants to move a primary core piece or any D-men (save ballard for the nucks). But I don't see it happening because a) BC is gonna be a stud and SFY knows it, b) he's SFY's first draft pick and most GMs tend to be pretty attached to those, and c) Tampa's depth is probably the weakest point of the organization and SFY/Boucher know that. Moving BC will only worsen that.

That being said, if Uncle Vinik starts putting pressure on SFY to make a move to continue being a contender (which would mean a goalie cause Rolies on the last legs and Garon is ****ing garbage), anything can happen. Hopefully SFY can score a big UFA dman this offseason, though those are looking pretty thin. Suter is the best bet...

Old
12-06-2011, 07:37 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
Agreed.

The lightning are my east team and I literally watch every game. I would kill for Schneider to be on TBL. And I would be pissed at SFY if he ever brought in Luongo.

I still feel a Conolloy for Schneider deal to be the best possible solution as neither team wants to move a primary core piece or any D-men (save ballard for the nucks). But I don't see it happening because a) BC is gonna be a stud and SFY knows it, b) he's SFY's first draft pick and most GMs tend to be pretty attached to those, and c) Tampa's depth is probably the weakest point of the organization and SFY/Boucher know that. Moving BC will only worsen that.

That being said, if Uncle Vinik starts putting pressure on SFY to make a move to continue being a contender (which would mean a goalie cause Rolies on the last legs and Garon is ****ing garbage), anything can happen. Hopefully SFY can score a big UFA dman this offseason, though those are looking pretty thin. Suter is the best bet...
Common misconception, actually - while you could say its his first pick, he didn't actually pick him and had a lot of questions about choosing BC. He kind of got out of the way of the scouting staff and let them pick him.

Namestnikov was SYs pick.

Closed Thread