HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bucky: Miller for Ryan has been discussed. Maybe. "Connecting the dots."

Old
11-30-2011, 09:29 AM
CaptPantalones

vCash: 500
Bucky: Miller for Ryan has been discussed. Maybe. "Connecting the dots."

Bucky reporting a source told him Sabres and Ducks discussed trade Monday

From Jim Kelley article

He also showed me how to connect certain dots, which made me wonder Tuesday why the Ducks had three scouts at the Sabres' game against the Islanders on Tuesday night.

It could be, as a source contended before the game, related to a telephone call I hear they had regarding Ryan Miller on Monday about a possible swap for winger and three-time 30-goal scorer Bobby Ryan. It certainly makes sense, huh Jimbo?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle653586.ece

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

I think it's BS, to be honest.

/shrug

The whole Miller and Miller/Enroth stories are so made up I find it amazing people actually spend energy on arguing about any of it.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:32 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

It makes me physically ill to read Bucky invoke Kelley's name like this.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Who's the source?

Also, nary a mention of Briere/Drury. What is this world coming to?

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
I just find it difficult to believe that in a couple months Pegula would change from a "We Are Family" approach, to one who'd attempt to employ hockey arbitrage for one of the top players on the team.

As I've said in other threads, I'd be willing to swap Miller for Hiller in a deal that provides for a marked upgrade among the forwards in the Roy-to-Getzlaf or Stafford-to-Ryan vein--provided Hiller's vertigo issues are a thing of the past, of course. I just don't see Pegula as that kind of guy. Could they be in on Bobby Ryan? They could be, and they very well might be. Do I think they'd trade Miller for Bobby Ryan? No. Do I think they may be willing to trade Stafford++ for Ryan? Yes, I do. Also, is there a more risk averse GM in the league than Darcy Regier? And now he's turning over the re

I think Bucky is stirring the pot a little bit.

Last edited by Zip15: 11-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Moskau

Miller to Anaheim makes no sense. Stafford + to Anaheim does.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Miller to Anaheim makes no sense. Stafford + to Anaheim does.
Agreed.

Unless it's the Miller-Stafford-Extra for Hiller-Ryan extravaganza that some have purposed.

11-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Disenfranchised*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I just find it difficult to believe that in a couple months Pegula would change from a "We Are Family" approach, to one who'd attempt to employ hockey arbitrage for one of the top players on the team.

As I've said in other threads, I'd be willing to swap Miller for Hiller in a deal that provides for a marked upgrade among the forwards in the Roy-to-Getzlaf or Stafford-to-Ryan vein--provided Hiller's vertigo issues are a thing of the past, of course. I just don't see Pegula as that kind of guy. Could they be in on Bobby Ryan? They could be, and they very well might be. Do I think they'd trade Miller for Bobby Ryan? No. Do I think they may be willing to trade Stafford++ for Ryan? Yes, I do.

I think Bucky is stirring the pot a little bit.
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. You don't really know Terry Pegula so trying to guess what his decisions are, based off of media based events is ridiculous. For all we know Terry has made it clear to Regier that no one is safe including Miller. And whether you like it or not it is very well possible that Miller does in fact want out of Buffalo to live in California with his wife. Continuing to deny the truth comes off as weakness on your part.

Disenfranchised* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:55 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognito View Post
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. You don't really know Terry Pegula so trying to guess what his decisions are, based off of media based events is ridiculous. For all we know Terry has made it clear to Regier that no one is safe including Miller. And whether you like it or not it is very well possible that Miller does in fact want out of Buffalo to live in California with his wife. Continuing to deny the truth comes off as weakness on your part.
So you know the truth then? Please tell us.

Because the only fact I've see thus far is Miller saying he didn't ask to be moved, and wants to be here. Everything else is all innuendo and rumor.

Old
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
What truth? There is nothing to prove that Miller wants out, that the Edmonton journalist had firm info or that Bucky was being something more than Eklund.

Miller specifcially denied that he wanted to be traded to Pierre McGuire. Could he be just saying it? Sure. Is there a more reliable source than Miller himself? Nope.

As to Pegula, he has made it very clear that he runs his business with a family touch, with respect for all and that his employees be treated very well. it is his philosphy. He then expects full effort and results. Would he refuse a trade to make his team better? Nope. Is he a meddling Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones? Nope.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436

I'm convinced this is how Bucky entertains himself.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Bucky's had less to complain about now that they spend. so he's using his personal beef with Miller as a beginning point for made-up stories. I'm sure a little "birdie" told him this too.

and of course! the scouts are here to watch a player WHO ISN'T EVEN DRESSING.

anyway, vitriolic reaction to the Miller trade rumors. I'm just not buying it. I don't really appreciate Bucky's weak sense of what construes journalism.

as for the trade- does it make sense? Not unless a goalie comes back. and from Buffalo's perspective, the only player that I think would warrant this sort of blockbuster is Getzlaf.

Bucky heard the word Ryan and thought he meant Miller.

To Buffalo:
Ryan Getzlaf
Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim:
Ryan Miller
Micheal Ryan

Two Ryans in, two Ryans out.

Last edited by ZemgusWho: 11-30-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: accidentally hit enter...
ZemgusWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Mergus merganser

How often do we hear about trades darcy is contemplating, before they happen, and how often do those proposed trades ever happen?

If we didn't hear anything, then it might be happening. Now that we have heard about it, you can all but guarantee that it won't happen!

Enroth is 3-4-1 with a GAA just under 3 in games since Miller went down. Are we sure we want to pin our hopes on him? And who is our back up? Mac?

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. You don't really know Terry Pegula so trying to guess what his decisions are, based off of media based events is ridiculous.
So you're denying Pegula's stated close-knit, family-like approach that has existed since he came in? Continuing to deny the truth comes off as weakness.

Quote:
For all we know Terry has made it clear to Regier that no one is safe including Miller. And whether you like it or not it is very well possible that Miller does in fact want out of Buffalo to live in California with his wife. Continuing to deny the truth comes off as weakness on your part.
For all we know = Speculation

Continuing to deny the truth implies fact.

So are we speculating, or are there facts? Make up your mind. Sure, maybe Miller wants to be closer to his wife in California. Yet he told ESPN.com that he hasn't asked out and that he wants to be a Sabre. And that's directly from the horse's mouth. That's a fact. So why are you denying it? Weakness? So, no, I don't think he wants out, and won't until we have a uncontroverted report that he does.

As I stated above, Regier is extremely risk-averse. Do you dispute that, too? I highly doubt he's looking at trading Miller for another winger, and turning over the starting job to a kid with, what, 30 NHL starts under his belt? Stafford++ for Ryan? Yeah, I could see that. Miller for Bobby Ryan? Doubtful, because it would be in stark contradiction to Regier's track record.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:03 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

I think this weekend could be key to anything happening. Kassian and McNabb need to showcase they belong. This makes Weber, MAG, Stafford, Gerbe expendables along with the aformentioned Miller.

Hiller + Ryan > Miller + D man mentioned above + F mentioned above + (2013 pick to sweeten the deal)

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
I agree. The Sabres need a guy like Bobby Ryan. If it means trading away a goaltender who every one loves so be it. I'm sick and tired of watching these guys get pushed around by teams like the Islanders. Get Bobby Ryan in here A.S.A.P.!
Miller + De prospect for B. Ryan and Hiller.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Clock

Fixed the title for accuracy.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Unless Hiller is coming with Ryan, I don't see it happening.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Whammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Because the only fact I've see thus far is Miller saying he didn't ask to be moved, and wants to be here. Everything else is all innuendo and rumor.
While it is all speculation/heresay as usual with Bucky, I dont know of too many players that come out and say "trade me" to the media. Of course he's gonna say he wants to be here to the media.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Whammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Unless Hiller is coming with Ryan, I don't see it happening.
That's my thought too. The Sabres are in salary cap jail and need to shed some IMO.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:16 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

I love how he drops that little guess into an article honoring Kelley. Classy Bucky.

And as said before, why the hell would they send scouts to look at a player that wasn't even dressed? And why would a team with Hiller trade one of their best wingers, and one of the best wingers in the game, for another goalie they don't need?

Makes sense Jimbo? Uh...not even remotely. Thanks for trying Bucky.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Luceni

Miller, Roy, Stafford and a first Rounder for Hiller, Ryan and Getzlaf?

Call me crazy, but I would do that deal without thinking twice.....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:17 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
I agree. The Sabres need a guy like Bobby Ryan. If it means trading away a goaltender who every one loves so be it. I'm sick and tired of watching these guys get pushed around by teams like the Islanders. Get Bobby Ryan in here A.S.A.P.!
Miller + De prospect for B. Ryan and Hiller.
Vanek, Leino, Gerbe, Pominville, Boyes, Stafford, Ennis, how many more scoring wingers does a team need? Ryan coming in without a winger going out makes no sense whatsoever. Looking it from the perspective of the Ducks, the team with maybe the shallowest scoring depth in the NHL, who have about 3 legit top 6 winger it doesn't make sense either.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Miller, Roy, Stafford and a first Rounder for Hiller, Ryan and Getzlaf?

Call me crazy, but I would do that deal without thinking twice.....
So would half of Buffalo. And Anaheim would laugh and hang up the phone I think.

Basically:

Miller + Stafford for Ryan and Hiller
Roy + 1st for Getzlaf

Value isn't there in my opinion.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
While it is all speculation/heresay as usual with Bucky, I dont know of too many players that come out and say "trade me" to the media. Of course he's gonna say he wants to be here to the media.
Miller's statement is quite strong. If he had requested a trade, I'd expect his response to be more muted than that, or no response at all.

That doesn't change the fact that we have ONE statement directly attributed to the man, and everything else is innuendo.