HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bucky: Miller for Ryan has been discussed. Maybe. "Connecting the dots."

Old
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Clock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Stafford++ for Ryan. That's the deal I want if we're getting Ryan.
Agree, depending on the ++s, of course.

Kassian played last night...

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:07 AM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
I love how he drops that little guess into an article honoring Kelley. Classy Bucky.

And as said before, why the hell would they send scouts to look at a player that wasn't even dressed? And why would a team with Hiller trade one of their best wingers, and one of the best wingers in the game, for another goalie they don't need?

Makes sense Jimbo? Uh...not even remotely. Thanks for trying Bucky.
call me crazy but my guess is that they were watching players in the lineup, so that would be players other than Miller.

Right now the Sabres have a logjam of prospects on the backend playing for the Amerks and because of the commitments they have made to their current roster there just won't be enough spots for all these players once they develop. There isn't even enough spots for them to all play in Rochester.

If a trade does happen I believe it will involve one of our young defense prospects, and if you believe in the timing of things Joe Finley did get a two contract this week. So right now we have:

Grags
Weber
T.J. Breenan
Brayden McNabb
Joe Finley
Matt MacKenize (currently playing forward for the amerks)
Alex Biega
Dennis Persson
Drew Schiestel

So that is 8 young defencemen all competing for at the very most 3 spots in the next few years and that is assuming that Regehr and Leopold leave. If we resign them then we are taking about 1-2 spots. Obviously they are prospects and not everyone makes it to the big league but something has to be done to break the logjam.

Last edited by DixonWard15: 11-30-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I forgot the Schiestel-nater
DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Uh, yes he does.

Since the first Bruins game :

11/14 MON W
11/16 NJD L
11/18 CAR W
11/19 PHX L
11/23 BOS L
11/25 CBJ L
11/26 WAS W
11/29 NYI L

3 Wins
5 Losses
My bad. I forgot that the games he STARTED before that game don't count for some reason.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:11 AM
captaincrunch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
My bad. I forgot that the games he STARTED before that game don't count for some reason.
I would say it's different when teams are preparing for Miller and they get Enroth. Now they are actually preparing for Enroth and we get a more valid idea of how he is as a starter.

captaincrunch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Sure they count. But look at the comment you objected to:

Quote:
Enroth has proven nothing at the NHL level. Hell, since becoming the starter he has a losing record.
Yes, for the season, he's 8-4-1. However, since he's been the starter, which is what the comment said, he's 3-4-1.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Sure they count. But look at the comment you objected to:

Yes, for the season, he's 8-4-1. However, since he's been the starter, which is what the comment said, he's 3-4-1.
He started multiple games consecutively before Miller went down with the injury. So, no, that's not his record as a starter.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
I know. And how many injuries have there been since Enroth has started since Miller being out? Don't bring that one up though.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Agree, depending on the ++s, of course.

Kassian played last night...
LeBrun said if Anaheim moved Ryan it'd likely be for a young forward, a young defenseman, and a high pick. Assuming Staff is the young forward, McNabb was playing last night, too, and they may have been scouting him. And I'm thinking the pick would likely have to be no worse than Calgary's 2nd.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:17 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
He started multiple games consecutively before Miller went down with the injury. So, no, that's not his record as a starter.
Now you're just being argumentative. It was pretty darn obvious that the comment was in reference to Enroth taking over full time since Miller's injury.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Ghills23

Quote:
LeBrun said if Anaheim moved Ryan it'd likely be for a young forward, a young defenseman, and a high pick. Assuming Staff is the young forward, McNabb was playing last night, too, and they may have been scouting him. And I'm thinking the pick would likely have to be no worse than Calgary's 2nd.
I'd like a trade that was around Stafford, Pysyk, and Calgary's 2nd for Ryan.

Ghills23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:20 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Now you're just being argumentative. It was pretty darn obvious that the comment was in reference to Enroth taking over full time since Miller's injury.
I thought this all started beause of how Enroth has played since day 1. Not when Miller was injured. Man so many forget why we made the playoffs last yr. I thought it was because Enroth played standing on his head.

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghills23 View Post
Most people probably would. It really comes down to what Anaheim actually wants in return, and what other teams are going to throw at them.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'm not crapping on Enroth at all. (This thread isn't really about him anyways.)

Old
11-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Zip15

Quote:
I don't know if any of us have seen McNabb and Pysyk enough to know which will be the better defenseman. McNabb seemingly provides more of what this team is lacking, but lacks some footspeed. By most reports, Pysyk is a great skater and good positionally, but lacks physicality.

I think I'd pull the trigger on your deal. But McNabb seems to fit the disposition of that Anaheim team, so I wouldn't be surprised if they demanded he be a part of the deal.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
PanicItsVanek26

Quote:
Starting games (but being #2 on the depth chart) and being the starting goalie are two different things.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
I'd still like it if it was Stafford, Pysyk and a 1st for Ryan and a 2nd (dunno if the Ducks have one).

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ghills23

Quote:
I don't know if any of us have seen McNabb and Pysyk enough to know which will be the better defenseman. McNabb seemingly provides more of what this team is lacking, but lacks some footspeed. By most reports, Pysyk is a great skater and good positionally, but lacks physicality.

I think I'd pull the trigger on your deal. But McNabb seems to fit the disposition of that Anaheim team, so I wouldn't be surprised if they demanded he be a part of the deal.
True, but McNabb also fits the disposition of this Buffalo team as you said.

I wouldn't necessarily hate giving up McNabb, but I would just rather move Pysyk.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

So let's get this straight....The GM of the Ducks was at the game last night. The Ducks are tailspinning and everyone is saying they need a major shakeup. Ryan Miller's name is coming up in MULTIPLE sources about being on the block, or being ok with a trade. Wife, yada, yada, yada. And supposedly his best friend on the Sabres (Gausted) let him get run freakin over and he (MR. Sabre Tough Guy 6'5") didn't do a damn thing about it.

I seriously can't believe some of you don't believe he would want to get the ******* out of Buffalo. Really can't.

As for Pegula, I haven't heard a word out of him pretty much this season. He wants a winner and if thinks Miller is unhappy in Buffalo because of all this crap, he will be dealt. Plain and simple. And if it is to one of the LA teams, he will be jumping for freakin joy.

We talk everyday about our core, and here we have a chance to change up two of the six (Stafford and Miller). FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!.

To change the core, I'm all over bringing in a guy like Ryan because a guy like that makes our team tougher and more skilled to face a team like the Bruins.

And let's face it, Miller has been injured pretty much 60-70% of the games since Feb. Hiller - Ryan for Miller - Stafford - Weber. DONE, DONE, DONE.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
ct2111

Quote:

I think Kris Baker mentioned last season that McNabb was a coveted prospect, because other teams like his skillset. I'd imagine, that last night's game has only increased his value. There aren't too many prospects out there who are mean, hit like he does, have a desirable frame plus have that kind of offensive potential that he has showed. 10 points in 19 AHL games as a rookie d-man is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

From an outsider's perspective McNabb seems to have the more desirable skillset over Pysyk.

Reading Jfb's reports it seems to me that Pysyk's non-physicality is overstated, though.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
I think Kris Baker mentioned last season that McNabb was a coveted prospect, because other teams like his skillset. I'd imagine, that last night's game has only increased his value. There aren't too many prospects out there who are mean, hit like he does, have a desirable frame plus have that kind of offensive potential that he has showed. 10 points in 19 AHL games as a rookie d-man is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

From an outsider's perspective McNabb seems to have the more desirable skillset over Pysyk.

Reading Jfb's reports it seems to me that Pysyk's non-physicality is overstated, though.
Yeah, size, physicality, and offensive ability is usually a potent package for a prospect, and will certainly increase value. I'd hate parting with the idea of what he could become, but when someone like Bobby Ryan could be on the table, you might have to take your medicine and pull the trigger.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Yes.

It was also noted that Murray was in Syracuse over the weekend looking at his own players on the Crunch, so it wouldn't exactly be crazy to think he'd stop in Buffalo on his way back for no good reason.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME. NHL scouts and GMs are always looking around, attending games. Smoke doesn't always mean fire.
The list is interesting in that there are a variety of former Sabre employees/players on it in Martin, Lever, Dudley, Baseggio, and Luce. Looks like old home week. Heck, three of them still live in the area.

11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
The list is interesting in that there are a variety of former Sabre employees/players on it in Martin, Lever, Dudley, Baseggio, and Luce. Looks like old home week. Heck, three of them still live in the area.
Yeah, I always enjoy the 'family tree' of old Sabres that work around the league. Especially the guys that still live here.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Zip15

Even Islanders fans think they're in on Ryan

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1041807

This is going to get ridiculous if Murray does, in fact, go to tonight's Leafs/Bruins game in Toronto. I think Leafs fans will have their Ryan jerseys sewn by breakfast.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Ghills23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I was thinking the same thing. That maybe the ones that still livew\ in the area don't travel much and just scout Sabres/Amerks/Crunch games with a few other teams in the northeast thrown in here and there. If so, I would like that gig.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:13 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
I thought this all started beause of how Enroth has played since day 1. Not when Miller was injured. Man so many forget why we made the playoffs last yr. I thought it was because Enroth played standing on his head.
I know it's not the focus of this thread, so I apologize for that, but please stop with the argument that the Sabres made the playoffs because Enroth "played standing on his head." He had a save percentage of .907 and a goals against average of 2.73. He was adequate when he had to fill in for Miller. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the potential here, I will say the same thing I have been. Any trade involving Miller (even though I think it unlikely it's even being discussed) has to include a goaltender coming back in return. I think we all agree on that though. I also can't quite see a Miller for Hiller trade straight up, so...

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote