HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mark Giordano to the Canucks.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Mark Giordano to the Canucks.

I am not a huge fan of the Flames. I actually dislike them for many reasons, but you got to think of what's best for your team.

Marc Giordano is a STUD Dman and I think he would be even better playing in a system such as the Canucks. He blocks tons of shots, hits hard and has some offensive upside.

What would the Canucks need to send ALONG with Ballard to pry Giordano out of Calgary?

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Deen

vCash: 1172472
Mark Giordano. No chance your getting him.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:29 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
No chance your getting him.
He's that highly coveted, huh?

I didn't realize lots of fans out East had caught on to him yet.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSexualManCrush View Post
I am not a huge fan of the Flames. I actually dislike them for many reasons, but you got to think of what's best for your team.

Marc Giordano is a STUD Dman and I think he would be even better playing in a system such as the Canucks. He blocks tons of shots, hits hard and has some offensive upside.

What would the Canucks need to send ALONG with Ballard to pry Giordano out of Calgary?
It would take a massive overpayment from my perspective. Hodgson, Schneider and a 1st. Glencross and Giordano are the only players above 22 I think we should keep through the rebuild. Really, they're the only reasons to watch a Flames game right now.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:31 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
It would take a massive overpayment from my perspective. Hodgson, Schneider and a 1st. Glencross and Giordano are the only players above 22 I think we should keep through the rebuild. Really, they're the only reasons to watch a Flames game right now.
Oh, come on. That's what to much.

Ballard
Raymond
Pick

No?

Old
11-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Ho Borvat

Trades between these 2 teams is unlikely.

With that said, Flames fans will likely say Ballard has negative value when he is actually a solid top 4 guy outside of Vancouver.

Flames Fans would probably ask for
"Ballard + Hodgson" and

Vancouver fans would probably say
"Ballard + avg prospect/mid pick"

Gio > Ballard, but not worth the extra assets we would have to move.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:

Ballard
Raymond
Pick

No?
not even remotely close. I think Ballard has negative value.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdan85 View Post
Trades between these 2 teams is unlikely.

With that said, Flames fans will likely say Ballard has negative value when he is actually a solid top 4 guy outside of Vancouver.

Flames Fans would probably ask for
"Ballard + Hodgson" and

Vancouver fans would probably say
"Ballard + avg prospect/mid pick"

Gio > Ballard, but not worth the extra assets we would have to move.
You think? Ballard plays third pairing, sheltered minutes and is still a -6. His value is in line with Sarich, not Giordano. Sarich doesn't have 3 more at 4.2 though, so I'd much rather have him.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

vCash: 380
Hodgson has been awesome in the games I've seen this year, Nucks fans finally have a reason to overate him

Last edited by Viqsi: 11-29-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: qdp
Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:43 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Quote:

Ballard
Raymond
Pick

No?
Too much? You're asking for THE BEST DMAN FROM A DIVISIONAL RIVAL. Either pay up or shut up.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
School of WristShot

Wh.. Why?
There are pleothra of better options out there if we are looking for a second pairing dman. Infact with the way he's performing this season, that contract also looks like a burden. I'd rather want Hannan. At least he can be had for cheap and we know what we are getting in Hannan, slow but sound positional dman. Gio looks good one night but some night he has brain farts. Think Bieksa-lite and I am being generous here.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
You think? Ballard plays third pairing, sheltered minutes and is still a -6. His value is in line with Sarich, not Giordano. Sarich doesn't have 3 more at 4.2 though, so I'd much rather have him.
Just to clarify you are aware I AM saying Gio >(greater than) Ballard correct?

With that said, Ballard isn't that bad it just didn't turn into a good fit for him here, and isn't able to play to the level he is capable of.

Flames fans wouldn't trade Gio the same way Canucks fans wouldn't trade Burrows.
Sure teams could put together packages, but it would have to be a huge overpayment.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Wh.. Why?
There are pleothra of better options out there if we are looking for a second pairing dman. Infact with the way he's performing this season, that contract also looks like a burden. I'd rather want Hannan. At least he can be had for cheap and we know what we are getting in Hannan, slow but sound positional dman. Gio looks good one night but some night he has brain farts. Think Bieksa-lite and I am being generous here.
NO WAY.

His play has more to do with the sinking Flames organization rather than the player himself.

Like I said, I think he would be unreal in the Nucks style of play.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler17 View Post
Wh.. Why?
I would like to apologize on behalf of this gentleman...

Old
11-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Medium Rare*

I personally am not a huge Giordano fan and think he is quite overrated by my fellow Flames fans, but IMO to trade a fan favorite that is a borderline top 2 defenseman to your most hated rival for anything short of a massive overpayment is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

And even though I think Ballard is underrated I wouldn't settle for less than Ballard, Hodgson & a 2nd.

And before anyone chalks this up to me overvaluing my Flames player and undervaluing Ballard, let it be known that I am fully aware this would rip off the Canucks badly but its the only way I would trade him there.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I personally am not a huge Giordano fan and think he is quite overrated by my fellow Flames fans, but IMO to trade a fan favorite that is a borderline top 2 defenseman to your most hated rival for anything short of a massive overpayment is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

And even though I think Ballard is underrated I wouldn't settle for less than Ballard, Hodgson & a 2nd.

And before anyone chalks this up to me overvaluing my Flames player and undervaluing Ballard, let it be known that I am fully aware this would rip off the Canucks badly but its the only way I would trade him there.
What he said

Old
11-29-2011, 04:25 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

Quote:

Very well said

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:56 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Hodgson has been awesome in the games I've seen this year, Nucks fans finally have a reason to overate him
You mean other than his CHL player of the year and leading the WJC in points the year after his draft?

Last edited by Viqsi: 11-29-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: qep
serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
flamesfan5

Quote:

Ballard
Raymond
Pick

No?
Why on earth would the Flames want Ballard?

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
flamesfan5

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
You mean other than his CHL player of the year and leading the WJC in points the year after his draft?
Doesnt mean anything, until you start to prove yourself in the NHL then it really doesnt matter what you do in CHL. But yes he has looked a lot better this year.

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:13 AM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Starting with Ballard is, well, a terrible place to start. The Canucks would have to add significantly if Ballard were to be included.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:24 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
Quote:

haha, well put

i actaully think if you flipped the 2nd the value is close
but as many have noted, not happening

no trades btw these teams since the Ronnie Stern blockbuster

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I think Hodgson and a 1st would be going to CGY if we wanted to put a good offer on the table.

Last edited by Viqsi: 11-29-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

I agree with this, this is about what it'd take and it isn't unreasonable.

I pass though, I will not trade Hodgson right now. I'd do this deal if we could offer other prospects instead of Hodgson, that could be the deal breaker though. I'd offer Ballard, one of Rodin, Tanev, or Schroeder and a 1st in this deep draft.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Gary83*

lulz to whoever called him Bieksa lite. If you wanted Gio out of Calgary you'll need to be started with Hodgson or Tanev. And before Canuck fans think they can add Ballard and Raymond to that and get Giordano, please do yourself a favour and think the trade through first.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote