HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta: Ducks and Sabres Talking Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2011, 07:51 AM
  #276
KevinFG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Hesitant, yes. Allow him to be the difference between getting Ryan and not? No. I'm fascinated by McNabb's rise from 2nd/3rd pairing defenseman in Rochester to near untouchable in a week. And I've always been one of the biggest McNabb backers on the board.

With the Boudreau hire, I don't see Ryan going anywhere.
Agreed. We can now file this rumor under "Deadline, Trade".

If the Ducks continue to falter, you might see it resurface. Every time I say something like this though, usually the exact opposite happens the following day.

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:02 AM
  #277
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Everyone is hyping this up too much, I doubt Ryan will be coming to Buffalo, in fact I doubt he will be traded at all.
Just let us dream.

Please?

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:25 AM
  #278
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
That move is an unfortunate turn of events....

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
  #279
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc
 
imyourhuckleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Buffalo News Article: Ducks shopping, Sabres' Miller not buying

Great quote here by Darcy:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle654989.ece

Quote:
"I don't comment on conversations with other teams," Regier told The News on Wednesday. "The rumors are just that, rumors. Sometimes people have put on the Mickey Mouse ears and done some imagineering."

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
  #280
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,772
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberry View Post
Translation: "**** off, Bucky. Get some real sources."

Given how bland Regier usually is, that's an overt dig.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:36 AM
  #281
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberry View Post
I'd like to believe this is him saying "yes, conversations have happened, yes, a trade may happen, but no, I'm not telling you anything about it."

Don't let the dream die

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
  #282
sk8haggard9
Registered User
 
sk8haggard9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Great quote from Darcy because I can definitely see Bucky sitting at his little desk with a set of Mickey Mouse ears on, laughing maniacally as a flash of lightning strikes.

sk8haggard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
  #283
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
I don't think that really tells us anything short of "I didn't say nothin to nobody so any rumors that come out don't come from me. Sometimes people just make stuff up to entertain their followers." AKA I'm not going to validate the rumors either way because I am Batman (ahem darcy)

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:50 AM
  #284
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,772
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8haggard9 View Post
Great quote from Darcy because I can definitely see Bucky sitting at his little desk with a set of Mickey Mouse ears on, laughing maniacally as a flash of lightning strikes.
Bucky will take this personally, like he always does. Expect a "They should've fired Regier" column before the end of December.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
  #285
ADoubleD
Registered User
 
ADoubleD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Would anyone have interest in moving Pominville or Vanek for Ryan?
Maybe Poms because Ryan is on another level IMO, but I don't see swapping Vanek for Ryan as being a huge improvement. If they're going to win a cup they need to add players like Vanek while adding guys like Ryan.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
  #286
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer
 
Bobby Bottle Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Bucky will take this personally, like he always does. Expect a "They should've fired Regier" column before the end of December.
Bucky doesn't report on stories. He tries to become part of the story. Journalism fail.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:25 AM
  #287
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,519
vCash: 500
I think the "Miller trade rumors" were great for Miller mentally.

I think he comes back a bit pissed, a little less emotional, and gets his game back on track.

Thank You Bucky!

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
  #288
Mergus merganser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I think the "Miller trade rumors" were great for Miller mentally.

I think he comes back a bit pissed, a little less emotional, and gets his game back on track.

Thank You Bucky!
I don't know.... a pissed miller is usually a Mr. Softie miller.

Mergus merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
  #289
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,772
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanSince89 View Post
Bucky doesn't report on stories. He tries to become part of the story. Journalism fail.
He's actually already paving the way for the Regier column in his chat today. He's back on the "People around the league don't respect Darcy, so I don't know who Pegula was talking to" kick. The man is so vindictive it's laughable. How can anyone take this hack seriously?

He didn't even know why Joe Finley has bounced around. "Errrr, yeah, he struggled, and had to fix some things in Rochester." He's been injured the last two seasons you blithering idiot!!

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
  #290
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Translation: "**** off, Bucky. Get some real sources."

Given how bland Regier usually is, that's an overt dig.

I love how TBN is continually being slammed by members of the Sabres, and rather overtly anymore.

Maybe it'll force an increase in TBN's actual journalism?

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
  #291
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
I don't know.... a pissed miller is usually a Mr. Softie miller.
When Team USA passed him over, he was pretty good at cramming it down their throats the next season.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
  #292
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,806
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
I love how TBN is continually being slammed by members of the Sabres, and rather overtly anymore.

Maybe it'll force an increase in TBN's actual journalism?
Unlikely. TBN has no reason to alter it's coverage -- this idiocy sells papers and gets hits.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:55 AM
  #293
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,211
vCash: 500
Here's what Darcy should say: "Bucky Gleason is a large tool, and until TBN replaces him with a real journalist, they will not get any real information from the Sabres organization. So there!"

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
  #294
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
I don't know.... a pissed miller is usually a Mr. Softie miller.
I think there's a difference between "pissed off miller", and "emotional miller".... i dont know how to explain that... it's more or less just a feeling I get.

I think pissed off Miller is vezina caliber miller

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
  #295
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,772
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Here's what Darcy should say: "Bucky Gleason is a large tool, and until TBN replaces him with a real journalist, they will not get any real information from the Sabres organization. So there!"
I think they've already said it, albeit indirectly. Pegula didn't give his Penn State story to anyone at TBN, and TBN desperately wanted that story.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
  #296
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
See, Pegula should just come out and say "Sorry the sabres do not do any buisness with **********". Then forbid anybody in the organization to speak to TBN till Bucky is gone.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
  #297
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted
 
HarryNealesGarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOS
Country: United States
Posts: 4,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Everyone is hyping this up too much, I doubt Ryan will be coming to Buffalo, in fact I doubt he will be traded at all.
This is sort of "old Sabres" thinking if you ask me. One thing that I guess is sort of hard for all of us to take:

If (huge IF, obviously), but IF Bobby Ryan is on the trade block, you can bet your ass the Sabres are involved and ringing Murray's phone off the hook. We're a big-money, big-budget, big-spender club now. That means that when an elite player comes on the market, especially because the team employing him has budget issues.... Darcy is going to try and swoop in for the kill. It's how they got Ehrhoff - being willing to pony up way more straight ca$h than anybody else.

Clearly the evidence suggests such a deal would be a ways off. But if Ryan is actually going to be moved - I expect the Sabres to be major players. Just as they have been for every marquee piece on the market since Pegula took over.


1) Traded for Brad Boyes (probably the best rental on the market last season, all things considered)
2) Signed the #1 UFA defenceman after trading for his rights
3) Were planning to jump in the bidding for the #1 UFA forward, who they dropped out on to make sure that they could
4) Sign the #2 UFA forward


These aren't the budget-conscious Sabres of old. These guys are in the big leagues now.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
  #298
CrankyJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 500
I wonder if a Ryan trade is even imminent anymore since BB is the new HC. Maybe he has other plans.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
  #299
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Head coach doesn't make trades. I think if anything its just pushed back a few games.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
  #300
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
This is sort of "old Sabres" thinking if you ask me. One thing that I guess is sort of hard for all of us to take:

If (huge IF, obviously), but IF Bobby Ryan is on the trade block, you can bet your ass the Sabres are involved and ringing Murray's phone off the hook. We're a big-money, big-budget, big-spender club now. That means that when an elite player comes on the market, especially because the team employing him has budget issues.... Darcy is going to try and swoop in for the kill. It's how they got Ehrhoff - being willing to pony up way more straight ca$h than anybody else.

Clearly the evidence suggests such a deal would be a ways off. But if Ryan is actually going to be moved - I expect the Sabres to be major players. Just as they have been for every marquee piece on the market since Pegula took over.


1) Traded for Brad Boyes (probably the best rental on the market last season, all things considered)
2) Signed the #1 UFA defenceman after trading for his rights
3) Were planning to jump in the bidding for the #1 UFA forward, who they dropped out on to make sure that they could
4) Sign the #2 UFA forward


These aren't the budget-conscious Sabres of old. These guys are in the big leagues now.
This is still Regier's team, and he will not part with the pieces necessary to obtain Ryan. Unless Pegula really gets involved, expect nothing.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.