HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta: Ducks and Sabres Talking Trade

Old
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
ding, ding, ding.....100% correct. Over 4 years of their bs is enough.

Come on, please be true that it is addressing the grit & skill in the top 6 for Ryan. I still believe 100% that Miller is involved and it will be for Hiller/Ryan --- Stafford/Miller/+.

Get it done Darcy! I've got goose bumps thinking we make an inseason trade to address team chemistry and needs!!!!! Make him do it Pegula!!!!
I doubt Miller is involved if the Sabres have yet to ask him for the list of teams that he won't accept a trade to.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I doubt Miller is involved if the Sabres have yet to ask him for the list of teams that he won't accept a trade to.
Really?????

So his wife is an actress based out of LA and there are 2 teams in LA....dream match for Ryan Miller and his family, as the other team (Kings) have a stud in net already.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
Something else has to happen as neither of these gets us out of salary cap jail.
Maybe, maybe not.

On capgeek, if you do a 2 for 2 swap of those guys (lets assume the + is picks/prospects), it leaves the Sabres with -$941,351 in cap space.

BUT it is including the reamining cap space of the following players in that calculation:

Kassian, Zack $606,649
Tropp, Corey $488,108
Ellis, Matt $366,081
McNabb, B. $627,568
Brennan, T.J. $610,135
MacIntyre, D. $366,081

It also includes Brad Boyes' remaining $2,789,189.

Finally, it is including all bonuses (over $1M), some of which may at this point be unattainable, which would give the Sabres back a little more room.

All I'm trying to illustrate is that such a deal wouldn't necessary put them in a spot they couldn't get out of. I don't think it would be a move to help the Sabres clear salary.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Correct, Bobby Ryan plays primarily LW.
He prefers RW--actually. He just got moved to LW because of Perry and Selanne.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really?????

So his wife is an actress based out of LA and there are 2 teams in LA....dream match for Ryan Miller and his family, as the other team (Kings) have a stud in net already.
So you think the team brass is going to let him wax poetic to the media about how much he loves the place, how he wants to win here, etc., and then pull the rug out from under him and move him? Doubt it. I don't think Miller is involved in any trade.

Regier is way too risk averse to turn to a starter with 30 career starts and not acquire another starting-caliber goaltender.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Really?????

They still have to go through the process of asking for the list before executing any trade involving a player with a modified NTC like Miller.

And per Miller himself, nobody in the organization has talked to him about a deal.

I doubt they would be this far down the road to trading Miller and not asked for the list. Just as I doubt that Miller would out and out lie about it.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Something around Sekera, Stafford + for Lydman, Ryan?

I like Sekera, a lot, but seems like a good piece to try and get better at forward.
Pretty sure more has to come off our roster cap wise and I'm sure we would have to package in some prospects but I am more than fine with that.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
So you think the team brass is going to let him wax poetic to the media about how much he loves the place, how he wants to win here, etc., and then pull the rug out from under him and move him? Doubt it. I don't think Miller is involved in any trade.

Regier is way too risk averse to turn to a starter with 30 career starts and not acquire another starting-caliber goaltender.
Not to mention the fact that it makes no sense from Anaheim's side of things. If they move Ryan its to restock their somewhat bare cupboard of skaters.

In an article Jim Bob quoted in the connect the dots thread. The speculation on a Buffalo package was Stafford, a young NHL ready player and d-prospect. That type of deal makes a lot more sense from an Anaheim pov.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

As far as Miller goes... ya could look at it a few ways. Remember when he was going to leave Buffalo for Detroit a few years ago? Didn't happen.

I will say this. Miller could indeed be fibbing and acting as though things are fine do that Darcy could pull off a move to satisfy him and the Sabres. If he admits to it? Sabres lose A LOT in terms of trade value.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
As far as Miller goes... ya could look at it a few ways. Remember when he was going to leave Buffalo for Detroit a few years ago? Didn't happen.

I will say this. Miller could indeed be fibbing and acting as though things are fine do that Darcy could pull off a move to satisfy him and the Sabres. If he admits to it? Sabres lose A LOT in terms of trade value.
I could see Miller going "no comment" or not being as vehement about wanting to stay here if that was the situation.

I don't think he'd out and out lie like that.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
The Parros/Brookbank type deal makes more sense to me, especially with the way Botta put his tweet about Bobby Ryan perhaps not being in the deal.
Relatively inexpensive depth guys from outside the organization that would allow them to move some of the youngsters back down to the Amerks. Eh. Not all that sexy, but seems more likely.

11-30-2011, 02:29 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
I could see Miller going "no comment" or not being as vehement about wanting to stay here if that was the situation.

I don't think he'd out and out lie like that.
When someone says no comment... it pretty much means a comment could be said but they decide not to. The second he says no comment everyone in the league knows he wants out.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
When someone says no comment... it pretty much means a comment could be said but they decide not to. The second he says no comment everyone in the league knows he wants out.
Well, he would be more subtle about it.

"I'm only focused on getting back on the ice right now."

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
indigoo

Quote:

I guess it crossed my mind, but I really hope not. It was nice to hear him seem so genuine.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
No GMs are. That's not risk averse. That's not doing something stupid to get fired.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Zip15

Quote:
They still have to go through the process of asking for the list before executing any trade involving a player with a modified NTC like Miller.

And per Miller himself, nobody in the organization has talked to him about a deal.

I doubt they would be this far down the road to trading Miller and not asked for the list. Just as I doubt that Miller would out and out lie about it.
Do those lists need to be submitted prior to the season? I would hope that's the rule, else a player could hear rumblings about where he may be headed and block trades to those cities if he doesn't want to be moved. Otherwise, this would be tantamount to "I'm thinking of an NHL city...you have eight guesses, go!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Relatively inexpensive depth guys from outside the organization that would allow them to move some of the youngsters back down to the Amerks. Eh. Not all that sexy, but seems more likely.
If all of this is for Sheldon Brookbank or George Parros, (a) good look to you and the fellow mods regulating this place, and (b) that trade will displace the Bob Corkum trade as everyone's favorite for which to rip Darcy.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:

Exactly.

There are ways to dance around the question besides out and out lying.

I think Miller is a guy that wouldn't lie to the media like that.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:53 PM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
When was the last time Regier made an in season move?
In all fairness, the times have changed within the organization.

When, before this past summer, did we ever sign two free agents to big deals?

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Zip15

Quote:

Pretty much. Read every Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard interview from the last 18 months. That's the way athletes play the I'm-here-but-not-for-long game.

"I'm a Buffalo Sabre, and that's all I'm concerned about right now."

"I'm not going to think about the future right now."

Etc.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

I just find all of this so incredibly odd that all of this is happening since the Lucic hit.

Miller gets benched for Enroth (people say it wasnt a benching but lets be realistic, yes it was)
Miller returns gets deatroyed by Lucic and nobody on his team sticks up for him; not even Gaustad his best friend. Although Gaustad has stuck up for him and other teammates in the past...
Miller goes out with a concussion

Miller apparently mumbles the words that he might want out.
Miller refutes the reports about his mumble.

I dunno. It all seems too weird to me. Saying this as a guy who watched him at MSU all the way up... And a guy who defended him to everyone who bashed...I hate to beat a dead horse but Miller is exactly the type of goalie who wants to be coddled. For some reason guys dont stick up for him. Whether its him as an individual, or Ruff telling them not too... I dont know. But he seems to be exactly the type of goalie to cause a stir if things arent going his way. I could be completely wrong... And i probably am but IMO this type of deal given the situation doesn't seem as far fetched as one might think.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Jame
Dream '16

I think the Sabres were trading for Lydman.
I think Leopold's UBI last night put the cabbash on that deal.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Still think it's Ryan, but say it is Lydman....Why would another Defenceman going down have anything to do with stopping a trade FOR a defenceman?

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Wouldn't that make such a deal more pressing and push Darcy to get it done? Anaheim needs to cut salary, so they'd probably want a guy like McNabb in return. Lydman is obviously more proven at this level. If anything, if Lydman is the mark, I think they'd want to expedite that deal rather than going with even more young defensemen.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Ghills23

Quote:
Wouldn't that make such a deal more pressing and push Darcy to get it done? Anaheim needs to cut salary, so they'd probably want a guy like McNabb in return. Lydman is obviously more proven at this level. If anything, if Lydman is the mark, I think they'd want to expedite that deal rather than going with even more young defensemen.
No way in hell I would trade Lydman for McNabb. That is awful for the Sabres.

Ghills23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
maybe... i guess i thought the cap issue may have nixed it

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote