HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Yea your right, screw the possibility of getting the first pick. No chance in hell the Isles do this deal dude. Your right they have no D, this is also why the dont do this deal
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Acquiring the Islanders high draft pick isn't some huge thing because they're doing to have one themselves. Now perhaps they like the idea of having two top 5 selections, but Ryan is a 24 year old proven 30 goal scorer. Not sure why you'd deal him for total unknowns.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I think the Isles would rather have Okposo, Hamonic, and Yakupov than Bobby Ryan.

Yakupov will be better than Ryan in probably 3 years at the longest.
I was being sarcastic...but yea of course they would. Thats 3 good young pieces (possibly Yakupov)....Yea hamonic and Okposo havnt been great....its 20 games, in my eye they are still solid prospects, give them time.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I was being sarcastic...but yea of course they would. Thats 3 good young pieces (possibly Yakupov)....Yea hamonic and Okposo havnt been great....its 20 games, in my eye they are still solid prospects, give them time.
I feel the same, despite not being able to get the Okposo>>>Callahan images out of my head.

11-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Really don't want to move Del Zotto and I don't see any need for Ryan.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The only one underrated in this thread is Ryan.
i think its the blase way you are just throwing Stepans name out.

all of us would undoubtedly do Stepan for Ryan straight up. It's not that though is it. When you do Stepan, Plus a first, Plus a high ranking prospect, plus whatever else it takes, it adds up quickly.

I think youll agree that Stepan > Anisimov & Dubinsky

In which case making him the center piece makes it a lot tougher to swallow, particularly for a team that is just "OK" down the middle right now, you lose a top 2 center, youre going to hurt. and none of our prospects that are coming are natural centers.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
I find it SHOCKING that people do not want to move Stepan for him. Stepan will be a really nice 65-70 point tweener (1st/2nd line guy). Ryan will be touching 80-90 points in his prime. The kid is 24 years old. Just outrageously underrated by people in this thread.

Dubi, as well, but to a lesser extent. I think we have what we have. A 50 point, two way guy who can hit, fight, etc.
Points is one thing...but who will be better? Vital question to the analysis.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Stepan is on the 2nd year of a 3 year ELC, is already the Rangers #1 center with Richards.. (!a and 1b) and will have no arbitration rights for next contract.

Steal of a deal.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Points is one thing...but who will be better? Vital question to the analysis.
The answer is pretty easily Ryan. I don't see how anyone could think it would be Stepan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think its the blase way you are just throwing Stepans name out.
Because I know you actually have to trade real pieces for a great talent like Ryan.

So many people on here want to hold onto anything promising. This is Bobby Ryan. It's not moving Stepan for something lateral or an older, aging winger.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I find it SHOCKING that people do not want to move Stepan for him. Stepan will be a really nice 65-70 point tweener (1st/2nd line guy). Ryan will be touching 80-90 points in his prime. The kid is 24 years old. Just outrageously underrated by people in this thread.

Dubi, as well, but to a lesser extent. I think we have what we have. A 50 point, two way guy who can hit, fight, etc.
Stepan wont be going anywhere Jonathan. He's in just his second season and he's complementing our highest paid player extremely well. The two have good chemistry. He's blossoming into some player. There's no way they trade him. Brooks has already listed him as an untouchable.

The Rangers are winning and beating good teams. I'm not saying not to make a move because I want Ryan just as bad as the next guy, but there is no reason to deal the wrong players in a deal.

Kreider should be added to that list of untouchables. He is one of the top 10 scorers in the NCAA right now. He would be one of the faster skaters in the NHL right now. He has size, speed, and skill. Not many of our prospect forwards have that. He is not going anywhere.

I think Sather will be working around a package of:

AA/Dubi, Erixon/McIlrath/MDZ, Thomas/MZA, 1st round pick.

And I think it will come down to AA, McIlrath, Thomas, 1st rounder. I dont think Sather will deal MDZ given how well he is playing this year and that he is the opposite point man to Richards on the PP. Sather also gave up a decent amount to get Erixon and went through the trouble of getting it done last minute and signing him so he wont deal him either. I think Sather holds onto Dubinsky over AA which imo would be a mistake. AA is really coming into his own.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Stepan is on the 2nd year of a 3 year ELC, is already the Rangers #1 center with Richards.. (!a and 1b) and will have no arbitration rights for next contract.

Steal of a deal.
Ryan is signed for another 3 years after this one. No real issue at only 5M, too. Just either move Dubinsky in a deal for him (which is my ideal deal) or deal with the problem later.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Since he was a prospect he was my favorite player in the NHL. I want him here badly, he will fill a big hole in secondary scoring, even better that hes 24. I would indeed give up MDZ, Dubi, prospect, and a first for him.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Let's keep in mind that Bobby Ryan is a 30 goal scorer with one of the best pure playmakers in the league centering him and a 50 goal scorer on the opposite wing drawing the best defenseman. That's why I'm not willing to give up too much and I'm not willing to give up Stepan.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Also, for everyone of the laughable opinion that you wouldn't move Stepan for anything less than Stamkos...

Would you not trade him for a guy with higher upside and similar play who is NOT at the Stamkos level (because Stepan is very far from the Stamkos level)? I mean, so many of you guys say silly stuff like this. Stepan is a very nice player. But he is replaceable.

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
The answer is pretty easily Ryan. I don't see how anyone could think it would be Stepan.

Because I know you actually have to trade real pieces for a great talent like Ryan.

So many people on here want to hold onto anything promising. This is Bobby Ryan. It's not moving Stepan for something lateral or an older, aging winger.
Bobby Ryan is an amazing player bro, but if you move Stepan for him, the roster becomes a little weird. Who centers Gabby now?

Do you load up 1 huge line with
Ryan - Richards - Gabby

then go with the pack line?

i think Dubinsky is a much better fit, and id be willing to move more prospects out to get it done. If we have to include 2 #1's then so be it.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Let's keep in mind that Bobby Ryan is a 30 goal scorer with one of the best pure playmakers in the league centering him and a 50 goal scorer on the opposite wing drawing the best defenseman. That's why I'm not willing to give up too much and I'm not willing to give up Stepan.
Bobby Ryan would be a 30+ goal scorer on nearly anyone's wing. Let's keep in mind that this kid is a hell of a talent and has been since juniors. This is not some scrub that will end up scoring 15 here.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Bobby Ryan would be a 30+ goal scorer on nearly anyone's wing. Let's keep in mind that this kid is a hell of a talent and has been since juniors. This is not some scrub that will end up scoring 15 here.
yeah, ill agree with you there. lets also keep in mind that playing with those 2 players there is a certain amount of parasitism going on there as well. In essence Getzlaf and Perry could be taking away goals from Ryan just as much if not more than they are helping him create.

its why im not a huge fan of loading up on 1 big line. if you have 3 great players, i would put the best one on his own line, and the 2nd and 3rd best together with a complimentary player instead.

Old
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't know I'm pretty sure I could pot a good 15 myself on that line. There's a risk involved here that he's been feasting off his line. I'm not saying it's necessarily the case but the risk is always there when you take one piece off of a ridiculous line.

Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Based off of what? Hopes and dreams?
Based off his play this season and last. He had 20 goals last year fresh out of college. His vision on the ice and smarts are absolutely amazing. Maybe he won't be worth more than Ryan, but i certainly see 70-80 point seasons from him once he hits his prime.

I'm not trading him for Ryan and honestly, I don't see Sather doing it either.

Anisimov
Dubinsky
Anyone in our bottom 6 sure.

Callahan
Gaborik
Stepan
Richards

They are the forwards that are off the table in any deal for Ryan and any guy not named Stamkos, Crosby, OV etc.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:58 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Bobby Ryan is an amazing player bro, but if you move Stepan for him, the roster becomes a little weird. Who centers Gabby now?

Do you load up 1 huge line with
Ryan - Richards - Gabby

then go with the pack line?

i think Dubinsky is a much better fit, and id be willing to move more prospects out to get it done. If we have to include 2 #1's then so be it.
Either have Ryan or Richards with Gabby. Move the other to the next line.

I mean, Anisimov has looked very good with Gabby. Just go with:

Ryan - Anisimov - Gabby
Dubinsky - Richards - Callahan
Whoever - Whoever - Whoever
Whoever- Whoever - Whoever

I would also much prefer to move Dubinsky (which is something I figured was obvious). But if we cannot and Stepan is the breaking point, you have to move him in a deal for Ryan. You can't say no to that. You would likely give up less by moving Stepan, as well, in terms of quantity and quality of the rest of the package. Stepan is obviously more valuable than Dubinsky.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't know I'm pretty sure I could pot a good 15 myself on that line. There's a risk involved here that he's been feasting off his line. I'm not saying it's necessarily the case but the risk is always there when you take one piece off of a ridiculous line.
check out Bobby Ryans career numbers. the guy is a player at every level. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4985

hes not just going to forget how to score all of a sudden.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:59 PM
SauceCheese91

I would easily move Steps for Ryan, but on our team right now no. We just cant part with Stepan right now, as he is our best distributor and is needed down the middle. Some of the passes he makes are absolutely insaneee and we just do not have the center depth to move him at this point.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Based off his play this season and last. He had 20 goals last year fresh out of college. His vision on the ice and smarts are absolutely amazing. Maybe he won't be worth more than Ryan, but i certainly see 70-80 point seasons from him once he hits his prime.
I've watched Stepan since HS. He will not be an 80 point player. Sorry.

The MAX he will hit is ~70. He just is not talented enough to hit more than that unless something crazy breaks his way (i.e. he plays with the next Gretzky).

Old
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Again, this is another kid I've watched for ages (since his first junior days). He is very, very talented and he'd pot 30+ no matter who he was playing with. His shot is straight up lethal.

Do yourself a favor and perhaps research the guy.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Stepan wont be going anywhere Jonathan. He's in just his second season and he's complementing our highest paid player extremely well. The two have good chemistry. He's blossoming into some player. There's no way they trade him. Brooks has already listed him as an untouchable.

The Rangers are winning and beating good teams. I'm not saying not to make a move because I want Ryan just as bad as the next guy, but there is no reason to deal the wrong players in a deal.
This.

Now, this may lead to some other team winning the sweepstakes and if that's the case, that's fine. You make the deal with the players you can sacrifice to do it and refuse to overpay. Otherwise you stick with what's already working.

Quote:
Kreider should be added to that list of untouchables. He is one of the top 10 scorers in the NCAA right now. He would be one of the faster skaters in the NHL right now. He has size, speed, and skill. Not many of our prospect forwards have that. He is not going anywhere.

I think Sather will be working around a package of:

AA/Dubi, Erixon/McIlrath/MDZ, Thomas/MZA, 1st round pick.
Completely agreed.

Quote:
And I think it will come down to AA, McIlrath, Thomas, 1st rounder. I dont think Sather will deal MDZ given how well he is playing this year and that he is the opposite point man to Richards on the PP. Sather also gave up a decent amount to get Erixon and went through the trouble of getting it done last minute and signing him so he wont deal him either. I think Sather holds onto Dubinsky over AA which imo would be a mistake. AA is really coming into his own.
Agreed again, although I'm hoping that by adding Thomas you could downgrade or eliminate the need for the first. The stated request is:
- a 2C
- a top 4 D
- and a first or a top prospect

To begin with that's his asking price, not necessarily what he's going to get. Regardless, by adding Thomas to the mix you've now provided a prospect who until not too long ago was considered a top prospect - and is one good weekend from being considered so again.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Either have Ryan or Richards with Gabby. Move the other to the next line.

I mean, Anisimov has looked very good with Gabby. Just go with:

Ryan - Anisimov - Gabby
Dubinsky - Richards - Callahan
Whoever - Whoever - Whoever
Whoever- Whoever - Whoever

I would also much prefer to move Dubinsky (which is something I figured was obvious). But if we cannot and Stepan is the breaking point, you have to move him in a deal for Ryan. You can't say no to that. You would likely give up less by moving Stepan, as well, in terms of quantity and quality of the rest of the package. Stepan is obviously more valuable than Dubinsky.

the question is...can we still get Parise in the offseason

/greedy

hypothetically if you could do Dubinsky, erixon, mza, CT, a first, blah blah blah for Ryan then somehow get Parise in with a magic wand...could you imagine this club next season...

Ryan - Stepan - Gaborik
Parise - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Anisimov - Hagelin
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Sauer
MCD - Girardi
MDZ - Eminger

Henrik
Biron

excuse me, i have to change my pants.

Closed Thread